• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/30 ATL Revival "It's My TIME!"

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
More Copy/Pasta from me. If you have any questions, PM Impact Clash. If that don't work, ask me and I probably can get a hold of them.

note that there's no melee
, but if we showed up and brought melee, they wouldn't really put much effort into stopping us from running a tourney. (I don't see that happening anyway. :x)

We're back another month for Atlanta Revival again. We're hitting the last month of April therefore its a good month away for this tournament will happen. Make sure to practice and get your games in. Lastly guys pre-register! People love to complain about a room being too small but don't want to give us organizers heads up by pre-registering. We have a new venue this time around as well. We'll see how that works out.

When: April ...30th 2011

Where:
Fairview Inn
4330 Fulton Industrial Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30336

Traveling by Marta:
- Ride the train to Hamilton E Holmes Train Station
- Take Bus 73 and get off at the stop Fulton Industrial Blvd@Shirley Dr
- It should be less than a 3 minute walk from there.

Door fee: $10

Spectator fee: $5

11:30 a.m. begins registration
12:30 p.m. registration winds down and begins to end
1:30-2:00 p.m. tournament begins

(We wanna start the tournament on time this time so get there early!)

Running late? Call us or text us at 404-832-5274

Bring your own Controller/Stick

If you bring a setup your door fee is waived. Please guys we need a few setups to ensure a nice smooth tournament. If you plan on bringing a setup BE ON TIME once we hit our limit we will deny equipment waivers!

Live Stream will be at the tournament
Catch our live stream of the event at Impact_Clash on USTREAM: Streamers of video game fighting tournaments. :).

(We may not have a live stream if the Wi-fi at the event is not great or if we are unable to set it up due to the staff being busy.)

All games will be $10 entrance fee
Double Elimination
Standard tournament rounds (3 for 3D, 2 for 2D)
3/5 winners
3/5 losers
4/7 grand finals
Winner keeps same character/teams in ALL GAMES (except Brawl)

Click here to pre-register!

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGc2aGJneURSZDVMcXhiVjgtT1UzVmc6MQ

It takes less than a minute! We want to make sure we have an accurate head count in case we need a bigger room. Last time only 30 people pre-registered but we had well over 100 people!

Click here to view the pre-registration list of those who've registered!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tg6hbgyDRd5LqxbV8-OU3Vg#gid=0

Games:

***Mortal Kombat 9
2 out of 3
Playstation 3

Tekken 6 $10
Playstation 3
Best 3 out of 5 matches
2 out of 3
No button mapping allowed (I.E. RP+RK)

Super Street Fighter IV: $10
Playstation 3
2 out of 3 matches
2 out of 3 sets
No button mapping (Except 3x Punch and 3x Kicks
Super Street Fighter IV Special Tournament $5
Playstation 3
2 out of 3 matches
2 out of 3 sets
No button mapping (Except 3x Punch and 3x Kicks)
Special conditions TBA (Possibly %50 health, new characters only or random select).

Marvel vs Capcom 3: $10
2 out of 3
(Top 8 3 out of 5)

Blazblue Continum Shift $10
Best 2 out of 3 matches
2 out of 3 sets
Street Fighter III: Third Strike $5
PS2
Best 2 out of 3 matches
Best 2 out of 3 sets
Super Smash Bros: Brawl $10
Wii
Rules will be posted in our Smash Boards Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Eh, this is the same day as BBC :/

Player-1

Smash Legend
M2K, ATL revival host tournaments for multiple games on the same day so I don't think they'd lose money or be that willing to change the date.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah I know it's bad, but I doubt there's much we can do to get them to change it since it caters to some of the other fighters more so since they show a bigger attendance most of the time. I didn't realize Vex would be coming to BBC though?

F200172853

Smash Cadet
Wtf.

What other tournament?

I don't know anything. I don't even study tournament locations/dates. etc.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
At most, this will have very little to no Smash attendance. I'm pretty sure a LOAD of SSF4 players and others will show up, though. No reason to change the date.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
It's unfortunate to hear that you all won't be coming. That was our error in creating the date for this tournament. However, for all of you thinking we may not break even I am sure we will be fine. The new Mortal Kombat (which just got picked up by Evo in their circuit) will be out, along with the Marvel 3 which is still hot and the always hot Street Fighter IV. Needless to say, we'll be fine and Atlanta Revival will continue into next month but we will take more caution as to which events are going on in the Smash community. We will have another in May I hope to catch you all at. Hopefully there won't be any date conflict. Good luck at whatever events you guys chose to attend.

F200172853

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to this, just because majority of people who I wanted to face, won't even be here. <<;

So, I can't go to SALT 2.

No ATL Revival.

*Waits for 2 months.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So this is still on? A friend of mine wanted to make it for SSF4. Do you have 360 at the venue?

:phone:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah it's still going it. It's GA's fighting game monthly, they just try to keep having smash in spite of shaky results (note that melee has been dropped, we HAVE NOT shown up in 'bout half a year, literally)

It's on ps3. Somebody may have a stray 360 there, but unless something crazy happens and ATL becomes a 360 city (which it won't, since it's a Tekken City), it'll be on PS3.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
You should delay this tournament. Majority of people are going to be going to BBC, no offense.
I would love to delay it but guys remember this tournament not only caters to Brawl but Super Street Fighter IV, the newly dropped Mortal Kombat 9, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, etc. So, unfortunately we can't move the date for just Brawl unfortunately because that wouldn't be fair to the other communities. What I will say is there will be one in May, June, and July and we will take more caution around the dates that we schedule. Trust me, we will survive guys, I want everyone to have fun at whatever tournament they chose to go to but Revival will continue. I don't want anyone afraid that we won't break even or may not have another next month. I hope that you all can understand this decision but as far as May goes we want to schedule ours for May 28th. If anyone knows if that is a major date conflict then let us know so we can schedule accorindingly. :)

So this is still on? A friend of mine wanted to make it for SSF4. Do you have 360 at the venue?

:phone:
You may want to check out our Shoryuken thread at http://shoryuken.com/f7/atlanta-revival-april-its-my-time-april-30th-2011-a-268765/ we generally get around 50-60 people for SFIV & Marvel. Hopefully one of these days our Smash numbers will be the same.

Top Bottom