• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4 Ways to win everytime with Marth(even vs Space Animals)

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
1)Space.

Don't ever get shield grabbed. Ever.

2)Camp

Just be a little ******.

3)Grab alot.

Every chance you get, especially against Fox and Falco(chain grab and Forward/Back throw to Tip FTW).

4)LEARN TO PIVOT.

Essential. Best tech in the game.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
camping is a strategy.

YOU are a "little ******"

and how do you plan to camp against lasers when you have no projectiles?

What a useless thread. Captain obvious strikes again!

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Camping is something you do. Something you have to do.

Just because you suck and you dont know how to counter camp a fox and falco with Marth(its sooooo easy) doesn't mean everyone else can't.

Counter camp them, wait for a grab and they die.

Oh yea and STFU.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, let's see you chaingrab anyone on Battlefield, or Dreamland. Why is pivoting so great? 1 is actually a good bit of advice, but can't lead to a victory every time. There are more things to do from shields than grabs. And, no, Marth cannot camp against anyone with a decent projectile. The only way to escape them is to get on a platform, which sends you above them, which gives them a free uair, practically. It at least doesn't give YOU an advantage, because you've got a solid piece of ground between you and your opponent. Please, share you infinite knowledge of anti-camping Space Animals with us! I'm not seeing any good methods for it, but you might know more than I do, who knows?

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Yeah, let's see you chaingrab anyone on Battlefield, or Dreamland. Why is pivoting so great? 1 is actually a good bit of advice, but can't lead to a victory every time. There are more things to do from shields than grabs. And, no, Marth cannot camp against anyone with a decent projectile. The only way to escape them is to get on a platform, which sends you above them, which gives them a free uair, practically. It at least doesn't give YOU an advantage, because you've got a solid piece of ground between you and your opponent. Please, share you infinite knowledge of anti-camping Space Animals with us! I'm not seeing any good methods for it, but you might know more than I do, who knows?
LOL on platform stages(DL and Battlefield) its even better. You upthrow and get a few free up tilts or a tipper.

Pivoting is GOD.

I'm not saying its completely thought free easy to counter camp space animals, but its not as hard as people think, especially with Marth.

Marth can wavedash out of shield while being laser camped, and like I said once a space animal is grabbed he should be dead.

Also the only way to beat Falco is to basically stay above him, so your platform argument is void. Fox is differnt.

But yea, pivoting is why marth is soooooo broken. If you ever play someone who can forward smash whenever they want then you'll know why pivoting is beastly.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Ummm, at Chus biweekly a month ago I chain grab Chillins Fox to death on the right0side platform on battlefield. 0-45 or so then he DId forward thinking he was gonna tech roll on the platform but I F smash tippered him just before he reached it and he DI'd bad obviously so he died =)

But on FD I can 0-death him almost every time I grab assuming I'm not playing bad, but that's because I memorized every single aspect you can possibly imagine about Marth's CG on Fox.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Winning with Marth:

1) Use the Fsmash
2) Don't Jump into the **** (Azen advice)
3) Repeat, always repeat.

Shade_

Smash Ace
you can camp on the ledge hanging down against the lasers, but i don't think it would work other than annuscence.

And, you need to fight a falco whos main form of damage is lasers, and will literally sit there and fire you for a straight eight minutes and then run away when ever you come towards them and reverse shrt hop fire while your chasing them. When you camp, and against falco, on FD, and your on opposite sides of the stage.

You know he can hurt you, and will get your damage up to at least 100 with nothing but lasers before thinking about coming in for close combat. At least in oklahoma, falco's are everywhere, and no you can't camp against a falco that camps, especially when they have patience and good aim with their gun in the air.

Dory..?

Smash Apprentice
O i got 4 ways also,
Either:Front smash(x4)
Or:Tipper(x4)
umm....... i think i pretty much covered it right....?

LOVE

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Screw it, I'm making a new post.
Ken(Marth) vs. Chillin(Fox) 8 grabs against Chillin... 0 resulted in deaths
Ken(Marth)vs. Chillin(Fox)2 grabs against Chillin, still no deaths...
Ken(Marth)vs. Isai(Fox)3 grabs, even one chaingrab, and still no deaths
Neo(Marth)vs. Ken(Fox)5 grabs, again no deaths.
Ken(Marth)vs. Bombsoldier(Falco)4 grabs, no deaths from them (note that Bombsoldier's main weakness is considered to be his DI...)
In conclusion: No, it's not even remotely close to one grab = death with Marth. You must be looking for the Ice Climbers board if you think that.

You're right, spacing really is integral to playing well as Marth. Pivoting, while nice, however, I don't believe comes close to the best tech in the game. Platforms, yes, are pivotal to playing against Falco players, but it really won't help you very much in camping against them, since they have, you know, a laser gun to hit you with. You're going to have to go at a camper one way or another. Honestly, I don't know why I'm spending so much time crafting an argument against you here... you're probably just whining about Marth because you recently got owned by one.

D

Deleted member

Screw it, I'm making a new post.
Ken(Marth) vs. Chillin(Fox) 8 grabs against Chillin... 0 resulted in deaths
Ken(Marth)vs. Chillin(Fox)2 grabs against Chillin, still no deaths...
Ken(Marth)vs. Isai(Fox)3 grabs, even one chaingrab, and still no deaths
Neo(Marth)vs. Ken(Fox)5 grabs, again no deaths.
Ken(Marth)vs. Bombsoldier(Falco)4 grabs, no deaths from them (note that Bombsoldier's main weakness is considered to be his DI...)
In conclusion: No, it's not even remotely close to one grab = death with Marth. You must be looking for the Ice Climbers board if you think that.
In conclusion, stop making assumption off of one player from 2003. Go play Mew2King and get sodomized by a cheese grater.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Marth is deadly vs Space animals.

Most Marth players don't realize that Marth's whole game vs space animals should revolve around getting a grab, then upthrowing and working from there.

A quick forward throw to F smash(TIP!!) works sometimes in the middle of a chain grab when the space animal is not DIing(which u really shouldnt be DIing when getting chain grabbed from marth).

God plays Marth.

THE PAIN

Smash Journeyman
yeah its the hardest to chaingrab space animals when they dont di especially between 20 to 30 percent.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
That was some pretty crappy sarcasm. This advice is...advice, why Doodah says it's a guide to winning I don't know, but it sure helps.

Every character needs to space properly, one way or another.

Who DOES want to get shieldgrabbed? I'm sure Marth isn't the only one.

Everyone can camp one way or another, in fact camping is essentially one of the most powerful strategies in the game (read forward's post in that "What seperates pros from beginners" thread in tourney discussion.

Pivots are useful for a lot of people (not all), and yes, they are an extremely useful tech.

So how is your post funny?

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
No, that's why Ken is so good-Pivoting.

Being able to do the best move in the game at basically any time is, well, broken. Marth can takes advantage of this like no one else in the game(besides Roy, but Roy sucks).

Marth is easy to space with though.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
that's why Ken is so good-Pivoting.
Ken is not good because of pivoting. Ken is good because his knowledge of character and character matchups is amazing. Also, pivoting is not good in Marth ditto as equal range negates the advantage it would normally give. It's also not good against spam-heavy characters. I can pivot, but it doesn't really fit with my playstyle, so I only use it when I'm sandbagging people.

All technical skill should be developed to augment your personal playstyle. People that adapt their playstyle around technical skills only hurt their progress by forcing something into their game.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
All technical skill should be developed to augment your personal playstyle. People that adapt their playstyle around technical skills only hurt their progress by forcing something into their game.
Agreed: technical skill only complements one's play style.

AS Money

Smash Lord
And, you need to fight a falco whos main form of damage is lasers, and will literally sit there and fire you for a straight eight minutes and then run away when ever you come towards them and reverse shrt hop fire while your chasing them. When you camp, and against falco, on FD, and your on opposite sides of the stage.

You know he can hurt you, and will get your damage up to at least 100 with nothing but lasers before thinking about coming in for close combat. At least in oklahoma, falco's are everywhere, and no you can't camp against a falco that camps, especially when they have patience and good aim with their gun in the air.
You have played mathos havent you

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
You can say that all you want, stripes; it doesn't make it true. Also, a lot of people would debate hotly the idea of Marth's Fsmash being the best move in the game - surely, it can't stand up to the almighty Shine?

Stripes...you're quite unintelligible.

Oh and by the way, you still haven't posted vids of yourself Pwning a Falco by camping. Stop avoiding the question and just pos the videos already, aight?

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
LOL, I've made a thread full of n00bs.

All I did was post the way to beat spacies, i did not intend to make anyone menstrate.

Dreadlord flammed as did others.

Just because you guys can't beat Falco, doesn't mean everyone else sucks too.

So in conclusion,

All of you:

**** OFF.

Have a horrible day and die in a fire.

(Sorry chi)

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
HAHA. Why are you guys bothering with DOODAH!?!?! Of course, he's messing with you. Doodah is hilarious. He's known all over florida for his antics.

Off topic: Doodah, how do you pivot? Is it a quarter turn like a moonwalk except half of that?

Top Bottom