• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4 Ways to win everytime with Marth(even vs Space Animals)

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Basically.

You dash, wait for the stick to go back to neutral(put it there yourself), then basically dash the other way and smash, tilt, or jab.

Smashes are 1000000000 times easier.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
I honestly wasn't trying to flame at all... sorry if it came off that way. And, yeah, I've always had a bit of a problem with my temper, especially when people call me stupid, or even come close to it... I shouldn't have let my emotions get carried away like that. I dunno... I guess I just want for people to recognize me, since I'm actually a pretty good Marth player. Obviously, this time it backfired on me because I posted old videos. I didn't know those videos were from so lon ago... they were posted earlier THIS year. Gah, I'm just making myself sound worse now... I'll go die in a fire, I certainly deserve it. Go ahead and make fun of me for being emo, now, too...

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
LOL shut up. I have an anger problem too see?! No but really falco is a *****.

I have a huge Falco problem, but I main Fox and when I play my buddies Falco with Marth, I own him, due to Lambchops advice.

Also TT pivots constantly as Marth when I play him as Falco(I camp like a ***** and lets just say my lasers are better and faster than anyones) and he obliterates me even with constant laser barrages.

My join date is not jun 2006 either so dont think im some n00b(which i am).

Shade_

Smash Ace
I camp with lasers, cus i love it, and its fun. I think its funny when the timer runs out.

anyway, the basic thing on the boards is, you suck until proven otherwise. Its what ive been told and its been true ever since. You could have the 4 basic things to beat space animals and if they work for you thats great. But not everyone has the same skills or fights the same opponents as you. Just keep that in mind when posting a straight forward way to win.

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
sooo, i can pwn everyone with marth if i just learn how to do all these obvious tactics and pivot...... so everyone that can pivot=Ken ic, know how to pivot it took me 5 years but i finally mastered this impossible technique after loosing several fingers. lesse....out camp a falco...out camp the best projectile in the game, out camp the best thing anyone can camp with no projectiles.....that sounds easy enough.

so ill remember those 4 "genius" techniques and can beat any space animals

bombsoldier, mew2king here i come

oya, i stayed up all night to think of this strategy to add to your genius steps :"try not to get hit"

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
sooo, i can pwn everyone with marth if i just learn how to do all these obvious tactics and pivot...... so everyone that can pivot=Ken ic, know how to pivot it took me 5 years but i finally mastered this impossible technique after loosing several fingers.
lol melee hasnt been out 5 years XD, sorry if i missed any sarcasm

to StripesOrBars
"Catch him and chain grab him."
Isn't a form of camping.

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
lawl, ya cant powershield fox's lasers, the lag from the powershield prevents blocking most of the lazers.

for every 3-5 that hit you 1 hits them back... and thats if you are good. Also if you hold the shield to block those 3-5 hits your shield slowly gets chipped away and does not have enough time to regenerate.

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
Sure it is.

Stand there and grab him.

Powershield lasers until he attacks you, then powersheild the dair and grab the bird.
heh, im sure we all should know what happens when you try to shield grab a decent dairing falco

are you guys talking about power or hyper shielding? cause if you can hyper shield every or even close to every laser, i would love to see a video of that

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
probably, no one can be that much of a douche

and arent jokes suppose to be funny?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
While I agree that pivoting is a great technique, I don't think it's really as important as wavedashing or edgeteching. While spacing is important so you don't get shield grabbed, any decent player will just short hop out of their shield and sex kick you. Another piece of advice to add to your list-
5) Get them off the edge and poke them
Easiest edgeguard ever and the only defense they get is edgeteching which is a lot harder than your job. I've camped with Marth before and it really does work. Make sure your winning and then go to the other ledge or put your shield up for a little while. Those space animals will run up to you in no time.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
The community will also have some drama, I'm use to it by now. Anyway, this 4 techniques are useful, but there are other techniques besides 4 but hey that is my opinion.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
people can easily find a way to get past your camping and what not. your advice will not give you a win everytime you play somebody.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I've got 1 easy way to win with marth; don't listen to doodah.
LOL you're too funny.

It takes time not to suck, you'll get better, just keep paying people to plus rep you and before you know it, you'll be the next Ken. . . . after Brawl comes out and no one plays Melee anymore.

But yeah, I'm done with this thread.

Moronic idiots(Aesir) keep taking this thread serious.

Aesir

Smash Master
LOL you're too funny.
and when the earths magnetic field goes away so will you.

It takes time not to suck, you'll get better, just keep paying people to plus rep you and before you know it, you'll be the next Ken. . . . after Brawl comes out and no one plays Melee anymore.
Whats rep? =)

Moronic idiots(Aesir) keep taking this thread serious.
I never took it seriously, your post shouldn't be taken seriously, they're like the plague we should all ignore it and maybe it'll go away.

Schweppes

Smash Ace
When you dashdance, there's one frame where your character is in the standing position. Attacking on that one frame is a pivot and essentially gives you the ability to do any ground attack while running/pulse running.

With Marth, it's pretty easy to see this one frame, as when you dash-dance it sorta looks like he stands up for a second. (technically, 1/60th of a second)

Sheik + Pivoting = meh

Top Bottom