• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/17 GIGABITS - May I have another Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
i will bicep everyone in this entire thread.
Not me though, right? :D

*waits to see if anyone johns about snake*

:colorful:
/agree ;D

Also uhhhh

Good tournament
I had a lot of fun

Ryan: Sorry buddy, it's all my fault

Cody: Good stuff, you're definitely pretty good

Redd: Good matches, you gotta pick a main ;D

Abe = Too cool, hopefully see you at Manko's, WARIO IS REALLY FUN

Raef: Good meeting you, hope the nook wasn't too bad

Andy: You're a nub and got owned by work

Chaz: Good matches! We should play more some time... :D

John: I don't care what your kittens say, you're a good guy...also don't worry about it

Will: I **** your ganon...that drink is sooooo good heck yes... also good matches :D

Amber: Driver/Pikachu/Goodtimes extraordinaire

Zoro: Where were you? Did you not enter singles? I didn't see you that much

Marin = Too good, at brawl, melee, and blocking my path :D

Lambchops: At least you still have your c0ck...right? right?

Linguini: We never played but we had fun times

Aasem: "Eh, he's not very good, but he's pretty funny...that's why I keep him around." hahaha

I had a lot of fun this tournament
which is good, because fun is usually good

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
Great turnout guys,

The qualifier system worked out better than expected. The only concern from the majority of you all was when your match was going to start and it's been a while since you got to play another (I gotta stop giving afro byes..). I didn't do round 3 of the uppers until round 3 of the lowers was completed, which had to have an additional set in it. The advantage was that it cleared the store out a little, which meant that the temperature was back to a comfortable state.

The reason why a lot of you had to wait for a long time before your matches began was simply a lack of televisions. If we had the same amount we had last month, we would be done before midnight. Sucks though, near the end we were only running on 4 systems.

So long as matches are played when they're announced *cough* seibrik *cough* it should run without a hitch.

Either way I had a lot of fun running the event as a complete mute! No, I wasn't being rude of giving you the cold shoulder, I literally could not speak whatsoever. I still can't today. Stupid throat infection.. Thanks Fenrir for being my voice and helping me out for a bit!

Next month's tournament needs moar TVs!

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
fun times.
For those of you who don't know.
Im Kirbynoob56(Least that was suppose to be my name. But they butchered the **** out of it and called me Kirbydude36).

Edit:
These are sorta a negative shoutouts. Because well, this **** needs to be said:

In all honesty, some of you guys were really ****ing annoying and rude(And just really ridiculous). Instead of just saying general ****, i'll point out a few people.

Afro Thunder: Now, I never personally said anything to you because I had no reason to. But from what I can tell, you really like to talk ****. Now, I understand that your pretty new to this and well..you place high at FL brawl tournaments. Cool. Good job. But seriously, theres no reason to have the need to talk **** at all in a tournament. I overheard people all day talking about you and how they don't like that you talk trash a lot and I can definantly see where their coming from. Cause that **** is annoying and it does not make you look cool at all. So next tournament you go to, try not to talk so much **** to people you don't even know too well. k? thanks.
Lambchops: I mean..I guess saying ******** **** on smash boards is acceptable. People usually don't the same way they do on smashboards as they do in person. But oh man, your personality is exactly the same on smashboards. Seriously, that **** is ****ing annoying. No one cares about how big you think your va-gina is(especially when you go around saying all day). Talking trash is not cool either. And really..calling people "***s" is not really all that offensive. :|

Random doods:
Even though I don't personally know majority of the people at these FL tournies(especially now with Brawl here), most of you are cool. But I still don't know mostly everyone's names. So i'll group the rest of the people im talking about in this negative shoutout box together(even though it'll probably be pretty hard to figure out who im refering to specifically?).
Seriously? Theres no need to be disrespectful to other people. Everyone there is there to win or have fun or whatever. So yea..in general, just be friendly to everyone and everything will be okay.

Its not that I dont like any of you(since I don't really know..any of the people I mentioned). I'm just pointing out **** I observed to today. So don't take it offensively. Most of you are cool. I'm done.
ROFL who did i talk trash to at the tournament? I never once trash talked my opponent (except for when me and equi fought HBox and H1roshi). People yelling **** randomly during matches happens, i know i went up to random matches between random people and would just yell random ****, cuz its fun.

Wont lie though werent you the one who said DK is bad, then lost to Linguini's DK?

Anyway thanks to Doodah for driving us up. Turned out to be really worth it for me. We had to play each other for the FOURTH tournament in a row :(. To everyone i hung out with, i love you. But special shout out to gmoney and his crew for being the best supportive crew ever. The entire RX vs Gmoney fight was the most amazing thing in the world (i really didnt prefer who won, but the cheering going on was amazing). Also RockCrock is hella sexy (and racist).

Fenrir that tylenol you gave me was the best **** in the world. It worked for like...7 hours.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Kyon....were you the one who pulled 2 random bombs against that one kid.....if so your Peach is beyond amazing.....BEST PEACH EVER! Plus you owned me your first game in Doubles, Snake is too good......Down B put the mine on Peach, Peach runs through us.....How did you guys not get far?

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Kyon....were you the one who pulled 2 random bombs against that one kid.....if so your Peach is beyond amazing.....BEST PEACH EVER! Plus you owned me your first game in Doubles, Snake is too good......Down B put the mine on Peach, Peach runs through us.....How did you guys not get far?
In doubles we had to play Hiro and hungry. It sucks playing against your own team. :( but we did really good i losers bracket. we were in top 12

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
BTW if no one say the equi vs tedboosley match. You missed out on the most heart pounding fight ever (down to the last hit for entry to top 32).
i held you when it happened.

Yea apparently me and brian **** in teams.

To Q:

Galeon and Seibirk got....5th i think.

They lost to me and hiroshi and then we won and then we lost against xyz + doc. that was a really close set. Lol @ the unepic ending.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I did so bad, hopefully do better in the Joon I have another brawl tournament. I'm assuming the May was a pun of some kind cause it SURE did seem like it.

Loto

Smash Ace
Good **** guys....I had a lot of fun. Getting owned by linguini and my homeboy fearless in the top 32 bracket sounds like fun....

Shout outs later.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Ted Boosley is literally my FAVORITE smasher. He plays with his heart, and fights for his friends, and eh doesnt afraid of anything.
HAHAHAHA I love you. I think YOU might be my favorite smasher. I'm really glad to hear you won, all night I was like "I hope Matt won singles, too!", and look at that, so happy for you :) We'll have a victory party at Nexus on Wednesday for you, DDR and all!

I really wish I could've gone to this Gigs, especially considering I've been playing SO well lately, but there will always be other tournaments :)

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
That was Kei, he is an amazing peach player, the best I've seen. My johns for us not getting that far in doubles is suicides.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Same for me Garbanzo....I lost to some alright team....SD at 9% with MK is not fun. =/....and also embarrassing.....(my opponent had 157%...) and sorry for the mix up with names....Kyon....Kei....both Peach....they sound the same. :psycho:

Finch

Smash Lord
This gigs was really fun and I can't wait for the next one when hopefully I can stay for singles. Shoutouts

Gindler: lol we suck, but it's ok we'll get better
hungrybox: you 3 stocked me twice in melee. jiggs vs. climbers is a weird matchup that I'll have to learn. And get less predictable with those rolls rofl
Laijin: I tried to say hi to you and you looked the other way. ****.
Alvin: melee is fun
Colin: your fox is spastic and extremely enjoyable to watch. Hbox's **** talk is hilarious: "I'm gonna adopt you"
Max: You and XYZ are too ****. Did you stay for singles? I really want to see your name up at the top.
Will: train me up. CFL needs to ****. Good job in singles.
Afro: good **** on first in doubles and singles. Snake is too good, but I miss your dedede
GDX: How'd you do in singles? Let's play this week.
rx: I kept ignoring you for some reason. Sorry buddy. Next time I see you we gotta play a lot so I can get better at this game.

If I forgot anyone it's probably because I hate you.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
What was funny was that when I chained grab with MK everyone was like....WHOA DID HE JUST CHAIN GRAB WITH MK!!!

I lawled and screwed up.... =/

Gindler

Smash Champion
Gindler did you play singles....I never saw one Yoshi player in Singles.....
I did indeed play singles, I lost though. First to some wario player that I didn't want to be a douchebag and infinite him all match, and second to a camping ROB that gyro is nasty and I guess that was the ROB strategy Rx- mentioned. Oh I think sprinkles played in singles, from what I hear he's a nasty yoshi too and that I should play against him sometime.

That was Kei, he is an amazing peach player, the best I've seen. My johns for us not getting that far in doubles is suicides.
Kei is beast.

This gigs was really fun and I can't wait for the next one when hopefully I can stay for singles. Shoutouts

Gindler: lol we suck, but it's ok we'll get better
hungrybox: you 3 stocked me twice in melee. jiggs vs. climbers is a weird matchup that I'll have to learn. And get less predictable with those rolls rofl
Laijin: I tried to say hi to you and you looked the other way. ****.
Alvin: melee is fun
Colin: your fox is spastic and extremely enjoyable to watch. Hbox's **** talk is hilarious: "I'm gonna adopt you"
Max: You and XYZ are too ****. Did you stay for singles? I really want to see your name up at the top.
Will: train me up. CFL needs to ****. Good job in singles.
Afro: good **** on first in doubles and singles. Snake is too good, but I miss your dedede
GDX: How'd you do in singles? Let's play this week.
rx: I kept ignoring you for some reason. Sorry buddy. Next time I see you we gotta play a lot so I can get better at this game.

If I forgot anyone it's probably because I hate you.
Ha, yes we did indeed suck. I was really disappointed, I didn't play up to snuff.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

Afro: grats winning singles and doubles, pretty cool meeting you too, we didnt get to play a friendly but who knows maybe some other time.
Tom G: You still **** me haha.
Loto: i'm getting better! watch out! but yea nice friendly we played
Fear-: thanks for the support man, the tips for uberice were pretty helpful too bad i couldnt hold it up after him lol.
Col Bol: that was a, interesting tooon link ditto, you really are the best toon link in FL, looking forward to playing you again
orange xplosion: really unexpected 1st match for both of us, youre getting better dood keep it up
uberice: really intense match man, i was on my toes till the end watching for that grab lol
h1roshi: you woulda had me man, no doubt about that, i think i just got lucky i guess
hungrybox: i wanna play again to show you i dont suck as much as you think
Rx-: nice metaknight man, i felt like i was catching on to you but you owned me before i could predict anything. good matches man
Rock: Nice meeting you man, hope to play you sometime soon offline, but online is cool too

Oh and to the person who went home with a brand new gamecube controller at gigs: **** you

also this was probably the most fun i had at gigs and it was cool meeting a bunch of new people, im definitely gonna go to the next upcomming ones for a while

Finch

Smash Lord
Did anyone record matches of uberice? Watching his deync play in doubles kind of inspired me to pick back up icys for brawl so I really wanted to see what kind of stuff he would do in singles. That's pretty much my only regret for leaving early.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
best tourny ever

for one reason....

i finally didn't have to play a SINGLE FIU player the entire time, awesome.... i think the shirts i wore rly WERE a curse.

i'll do shoutouts later, lots to be said :)

Equi

Smash Ace
I'll shout out later but I wanted to congratulate Ted Boosley again on the Ike/MK fight. A very courageous effort against a gay tornado strategy I was forced to resort to because he fights for his friends yo. However, I'm afraid that when I play you again, I won't be using MK. Looking forward to the rematch, Ted. :chuckle:

Afro bro, you went from wanting to quit to winning both teams and singles in gigz. Twas great teaming with you and we're starting to develop some chemistry in our team, which at Miami we didn't really understand it yet. But yep, I'm looking forward to teaming with you again at Bash III. As for singles, good **** losing the first to Seibrik and coming allllll the way back to ****. THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKIING ABOUT YOU MCROLL'D THE TOURNAMENT BROTHAAA.. told you that when that music came on it was your sign of victory lmao. That nap helped you haha.

This was the first time I didn't make it to top 15 in singles, so it felt pretty strange having an early exit but happy that i finally won teamz.

Also, I wanted to take back what I said to the forum. I didn't go to a lot of melee tournaments but apparently I underestimated players ability to adapt. The MK era isn't over, but MK is slowly becoming more predictable and people are beginning to adapt. It's a fact. Enter Snake era. So good job community on adapting to MK, the game is evolving, which is cool.

Doodah, chops, linguini, FIU (seibrik, galleon, chaz, danny, anthony, etc. everyone thanks for ride and the chill time), jinjo, loto, fear, etc. and a bunch others I am too tired to mention. Fun talking to people that joke around and keep the tournament not too serious. ggz

no johnz

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
best tourny ever

for one reason....

i finally didn't have to play a SINGLE FIU player the entire time, awesome.... i think the shirts i wore rly WERE a curse.

i'll do shoutouts later, lots to be said :)
Yout the team that knocked me and vericz out of doubles. That team you had was nasty. Never seen it before. too good.:)

Zoro

Smash Champion
Wato-

marin- your awesome learn that rolling slide turnip thing
vericz-meta is gay go poke the whole way
hiroshi- learn metaknight
al-join singles, My ganon owns your dk son! lol yo i was gettin owned in melee you got better
hungry- you did good like always
Kyon- that pikachu is naaaaasteee
Action- get better just watch videos and copy ITS BRAWL how hard is that!??!!

Tommy g and meta?? i forgot- no johns but the first match my controller was literally killing me it randomly pushed down and when i went to do an attack it would just Dair me to my death. I lost 2 stocks like that. Good match tho gah

Uber ice and phanna- Good matches marin really liked that match, icees were too good and so was phannas marth.

Kei-kei- your ****in ridiculous, good *** peach. I was runnin around saying that for like 2 hours after you owned me. I want a rematch with ma ganon boi!

Casanova- Sorry if i was a **** i dont want to offend you on a personal level but metaknight is ****ing gay. Yeah i camped you but what else am i supposed to do against ****in tornado? Good games tho Im disapointed in the last match . o welllz better for you

Nick riddle- is toooo funny

Everyone else- fun playing you and talkin with you

Everyone who was talking to the crazy homeless gah- Yo you guys are wimps lol! im the only person that stayed through the whole thing and when he walked away i was like "mission complete"He was really funny tho.

AFROOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo-Good stuff son!

This was one of the worst tournaments for me everrrrrrr

Almost every single team had a metaknight in it i would turn to a tv and see meta on the screen. I know meta didnt make it to top 8 or watever but the top 8 was pretty much for the most part characters that counter meta or people that really know how to play him. Im tired of losing to meta at every match because i dont play ****in snake. Im so disappointed with how people are playing this game. In melee you played to win of course but even usin fox or sheik or watever you still had fun with it . In brawl people dont even have fun tornado spamming people they just do it because they HAVE to win. I hate that and im tired of seeing it . In a year from now i wouldnt be surprised if every single team had meta in it or if every single person had meta at least as a secondary. O well tho no johns meta is totally beatable im not sayin hes not ive beaten them before. It just a gay tactic and i dont see how people can do it and be happy with their win.**** metaknight

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I got owned this tourney, it was still fun though.

I'll post shoutouts later when i'm not exremely lazy

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Wait a ****ing second. Hungrybox, where did you find afro's silver controller? GodMeowMix is missing one now from that tournament.

Did anyone record matches of uberice? Watching his deync play in doubles kind of inspired me to pick back up icys for brawl so I really wanted to see what kind of stuff he would do in singles. That's pretty much my only regret for leaving early.
He lost to godmeowmix and me in pool brackets. But yeah his desynch ice block approaches were scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom