• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/17 GIGABITS - May I have another Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Zoro you played with me in the back room, I played I think one friendly with you. Was my MK spammy at all....I maybe used B twice...and up + b like twice unless recovering. I think Im the best non-spammy MK out there. It pisses me off to see how people play MKs like that....and even more annoying THAT EVERYONE was MK.....

*still cries for not being noticed*

Raistlin

Smash Lord
If I had won either of my last two matches in pools I would have made it to the bracket.

****!

Shadowex3

Smash Apprentice
Awesome tournament as always, I think it says something about florida's smashers that despite being in at least the upper 90s, humid, crowded, and generally miserable conditions people stay cool and run a smooth tournament in a place designed for less than 1/4th as many people as fit inside.

Dguy: I'd've loved to stay and see you pwn in singles but I've got to call pepperoni johns, something in that pizza I had really did not agree with me so I figured it'd be best to bug out before I threw up on someone.

H1roshi: I keep expecting to see you with a bone-conduction bluetooth earpiece as a bionic implant or something. Also, second funniest death i saw.

Darksonic: I think the most effective strategy with sonic is to actually avoid attacking someone at all and just run around the stage out of reach shouting "YOUR TOO SLOW!" every available opportunity. by the time sudden death is close to timing out they'll kill themselves just to make it stop.

Doodah: You keep getting cooler every tournament, keep this up I'll have to stop teasing you like you're an english major.

English majors: ****it, stop correcting me about splitting infinitives. this isn't latin, infinitives aren't a single word anymore, grammatically it's just as incorrect to not split some as it is to split them in the first place.

Fenrir: Hit me up on aim/whatever if you ever need a hand with anything. I'm pretty much made of free time until school starts. Also: "BATTTER UP!"

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah this controller issue is kinda ridiculous. I ended up losing a platinum controller, then hbox found it and if GMM is missing a platinum controller then its possible I have his. If it turns out to be his i'd gladly return it.

Also thanks Ginger!

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
RESULTS

Thanks everyone. Another good tournament. Next time we will have to make sure we have most setups. Would have been done hours sooner if we had had more :(

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zoro you played with me in the back room, I played I think one friendly with you. Was my MK spammy at all....I maybe used B twice...and up + b like twice unless recovering. I think Im the best non-spammy MK out there. It pisses me off to see how people play MKs like that....and even more annoying THAT EVERYONE was MK.....

*still cries for not being noticed*
Are you sure?
I dont remember playing a friendly with any metas are you sure that was me?

Zoro

Smash Champion
I'm ecstatic everytime i win with metaknight o yes ooowas oowa oowa
Interesting results
Were any vids made?
I say this all the time

but renos metaknight is straight

I love how you play without that ***got tornado and u still own

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
Kyon....were you the one who pulled 2 random bombs against that one kid.....if so your Peach is beyond amazing.....BEST PEACH EVER! Plus you owned me your first game in Doubles, Snake is too good......Down B put the mine on Peach, Peach runs through us.....How did you guys not get far?
haha yea that was me... i got lucky to pull 1 bomb , pull 1 turn-up, then pulled another bomb =] I was surprised that he got hit by both of them though lol.. nice game.
The one were we had to fight crom -- man too intense.. awesome game.

Don't worry garbanzo, I still think we did pretty good in doubles, we'll do better next time =]

singles -
even though i got owned and made dead last in actual tourney, i was happy to make it out of qualifying rounds 3-0 , and of course I had to go against 2 metaknights xo.

Zoro - rematch anytime man, those were fun matches. I thought your toon had me the first round.
Juib- ***ing owned me with dk.. i felt embarrassed actually. I need to watch your grabs next time ;P
Chaz- I didn't play you but watching your marth, looks almost like you brought back melee marth. Too good
Abe- you had an awesome wario
Marin - aaah you were sooo close to make it out of qualification round.
Force - i think that was you.. best link i've ever seen.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Zoro - rematch anytime man, those were fun matches. I thought your toon had me the first round.

Yeah i love matches like that when they are really ****in close
and one attack can win the match

Good Fair at the end i was like noooo i should have seen that coming!

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
yo equi, those were some good matches man. your meta knight was good against my kirby. man it was so close too! nero and me made a good team, i can't believe we made it far. but no johns, you won and i look forward to facing you again man! i will avenge kirby somehow! ;)

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
AfroThunda's controller was platinum I think, he doesn't have mine, I remember seeing him leave the controller at a TV and thats where it stayed till Hungry grabbed it. Mine was a black controller that looked brand new, I left it near a McDonald's cup and my bookbag, when I came back the controller and the McDonald's cup (dunno why since McDonald's was closed) was gone. I got what I deserved for being careless. Back to my broken controllers..

P.S. To the guy who went home with a new black controller: **** you, again.

Equi

Smash Ace
yo equi, those were some good matches man. your meta knight was good against my kirby. man it was so close too! nero and me made a good team, i can't believe we made it far. but no johns, you won and i look forward to facing you again man! i will avenge kirby somehow! ;)

Definitely. The first two rounds for us were the hardest/scariest. It was like fighting the finals in the beginning of the bracket lolz.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

G Money : You did something no one else has done. You MADE BRAWL EXCITING! That was the most fun I've had watching a brawl match so far. THERE U GO THERE U GO! Good **** man.

XoFF : That was some funny **** when that Ike guy wouldn't shake your hand and you kicked his ***. What a f4ggot. You're cool and your rob is ****ing good.

C PO - Sucks you had to play Redd in brackets =/. Your DDD has improved a lot.

Redd - Sucks you had to play C PO. It's always fun to play fox players or to watch them. You're pretty good. Nice meeting you.

Ted Boosley - Fun as hell friendlies. I love how much you got into that Equi match, that was fun as hell to watch. You totally fight for your friends. No doubt in my mind you're the best smasher there. (pick up a gay character... at least marth).

GodMeowMix : Your TL is ****in' nasty. Keep improving and you'll place really well in the next tournament. See you at Manko's?

GDX : Your diddy really impressed me. Especially in the match vs that snake. Sorry I couldn't make it to your house, loto passed out as soon as we got in the car and just went home. I have your converter \ car charger \ whatever. I'll give it to you at manko's, sound good?

Force : Man. I remember a month ago when I could destroy your link no problem, but this time around our matches were **** near even! Good ****, dude keep up the good work! I think you choke a little bit when money's on the line (I do, too), we gotta work around that.

Fenrir : Didn't get to play you this time around =((((((((((((. Money match @ Manko's?

Phanna : Didn't play you as much as I wanted to. Only that one teams match =/. Talking to you about technical stuff is fun lol.

UI : Sick IC's. They're a little too easy to gimp in brawl, though, I'd say.

Rx- : You're welcome for keeping quiet during your match vs G Money -_-. It took all I had.

xYz : Would have liked to played you at least once during this tourney... ****ed lack of TV's.

Nick: You know what I have to say. He's just too powerful.

Chaz : Fun as hell games. Luigi's mansion is fuuuuuuun.

Abe : Siiiiick Wario. Makes me wish I didn't suck so bad.

I have a ****ed up memory, so I probably left out quite a few people.

THERE YOU GO THERE YOU GO!

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Are you sure?
I dont remember playing a friendly with any metas are you sure that was me?
Yea you were wearing a white shirt and your black right? Btw it was the green meta knight...prolly only green meta knight...But yea we played a think maybe one game in the back room, I don't think you used Toon Link though, you played someone else. I forgot though.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Yea you were wearing a white shirt and your black right? Btw it was the green meta knight...prolly only green meta knight...But yea we played a think maybe one game in the back room, I don't think you used Toon Link though, you played someone else. I forgot though.
lol

not me
im not black
im hispanic, lots of hair, glasses I play toon link DK and ganon so if im not playing those its not me.

Who was usin ma tag! lol

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
*Hides* Man I feel like I played no one good except Nick....and he destroyed me...I honestly think ZSS is Meta Knights worst matchup still....I just can't get close. And with no projectiles = omg I lose. Does anyone else play a mean ZSS I need some practice against her.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
C-PO: I'm really happy with our placement in doubles. We had some tough matches and you really stuck it out for the win. It sucks that you didn't make it out of the qualifiers. Picking up Snake is probably a good idea. Keep it up! dere u go

XOFF: I'm mad proud of you, man. I told you that you're the best R.O.B. in FL. That combo on Vericz was insane!

ReDD: Good stuff, man. Those doubles matches would've been so much easier without that nasty G-dub on my back. Too bad you and Chip had to play each other in the qualifiers... :(

Broke: What happened, man? Better luck next time!

Ansel: I don't think Ansel's brackets is ever going to be implemented into the competitive scene. By the way, you should have entered singles. Oh well, you're a funny kid. Thanks for keeping morale high. Way to mess with Loto though...

Fearless: I'm glad you could make it after all that ****, man. Good job placing in singles!

Loto: You're such a funny dude. You were so ready to punch that one guy in the face. That Kirby is sick. Keep at it! I hope you and Fearless can come up to Jax some time.

OWNTU in general: That set against Nick was so amazing. Who said Brawl isn't entertaining? Make it known that Jacksonville elevated Brawl to a whole new level of entertainment. I appreciate it so much, guys! ;)

Ghaude: Thanks for recording those matches. I'd love to see those some time. It sucks that your bro couldn't make it... Good **** in both tournies though!

Mixed Nuts 'n crew: You guys are mad cool and got so much better. Thanks for cheering me and the others from OWNTU on. The stuff that was said was too funny. I apologize for not doing more friendlies with you guys, but I just don't usually do a lot of friendlies during a tourney. Maybe we can have a smashfest or something the day before the next Gigs. By the way, countering skullbash off the ledge... WTF? I wish I saw that ****! Amazing! :chuckle:

SheerMadness: Thanks for letting us crash at your place. I wish we got some more games in though.

GDX + Force: I didn't see much of you guys. We were too tired to head over to that hotel after the tourney, but thanks for the offer. We've got to chill some more at some point, heh.

Fenrir: You're so smart, dude. What a close doubles match.

Abe: You're a funny dude. Keep repping Wario.

Danny: You're so cool, man. It was awesome to finally play against a good Pit. Now I've got to go back in the lab and work on that matchup, heh.

xYz: That G-dub is so nasty. I just can't figure him out... yet. ;)

Alvin: We barely even saw each other at Gigs... We should change that next time. ;)

Kei: I still didn't get to see your Peach... Oh well, maybe next time... Good job in doubles with Alvin!

Afro Thunder: You're a cool dude. Good job taking both tourneys, man! That **** you were saying during my match with Rx- was hilarious. Record my matches and make a DBZ-esque show out of it. I'll let you have all revenue from it. :chuckle: Thanks for the shouts to OWNTU.

Bonesaw: What an intimidating name... You're mad cool. Thanks for cheering me on against Nick. Your MK is sick!

Actionb@stard: I'm sorry we couldn't give you a ride. I wish I was there to see those moments you had. Thanks for the shouts and keep at it, boy!

Rx-: That was such a fun ditto. Good ****!

Kyon: Nice Pikachu, man. Keep it up!

Nicholas.Riddle: Those were some intense matches and good games, but stop johning. This is competition. You've got to handle the pressure and counter with your own. Your Zamus was really impressive.

Everyone I talked to outside throughout the day: You're all cool as ****. Keep playing!

QDVS: I play MK and Wario, but I went strictly MK for this tourney so I could get a better feel for his matchups.

So, yeah... I had mad fun at this Gigs. The cheering that went on for me and other members of OWNTU was crazy as ****! I appreciate all the support that we got. If I forgot some of you, I'm sorry. I can't wait until next month, all.

The only thing that bothered me was the ever-present johns about MK. Guys, get over it. He's good, but not unbeatable and many characters and players can handle that tornado very well. You all need to adapt to it and quit *****ing. Oh, and I don't want to hear any johns about Snake. Lots of characters in this game are **** and have mad potential. Just deal.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Every character has some level of potential, just some more than others.
I really wish the Spark's (lol) could've made this. The more I read about it the more I wish I was there.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
hell ya, his wario reminds me ALOT of ur snake, it just like walks around and does little attacks, which works better for u cuz snakes little attacks are still ***** huge lmao

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
C-PO: I'm really happy with our placement in doubles. We had some tough matches and you really stuck it out for the win. It sucks that you didn't make it out of the qualifiers. Picking up Snake is probably a good idea. Keep it up! dere u go

XOFF: I'm mad proud of you, man. I told you that you're the best R.O.B. in FL. That combo on Vericz was insane!

ReDD: Good stuff, man. Those doubles matches would've been so much easier without that nasty G-dub on my back. Too bad you and Chip had to play each other in the qualifiers... :(

Broke: What happened, man? Better luck next time!

Ansel: I don't think Ansel's brackets is ever going to be implemented into the competitive scene. By the way, you should have entered singles. Oh well, you're a funny kid. Thanks for keeping morale high. Way to mess with Loto though...

Fearless: I'm glad you could make it after all that ****, man. Good job placing in singles!

Loto: You're such a funny dude. You were so ready to punch that one guy in the face. That Kirby is sick. Keep at it! I hope you and Fearless can come up to Jax some time.

OWNTU in general: That set against Nick was so amazing. Who said Brawl isn't entertaining? Make it known that Jacksonville elevated Brawl to a whole new level of entertainment. I appreciate it so much, guys! ;)

Ghaude: Thanks for recording those matches. I'd love to see those some time. It sucks that your bro couldn't make it... Good **** in both tournies though!

Mixed Nuts 'n crew: You guys are mad cool and got so much better. Thanks for cheering me and the others from OWNTU on. The stuff that was said was too funny. I apologize for not doing more friendlies with you guys, but I just don't usually do a lot of friendlies during a tourney. Maybe we can have a smashfest or something the day before the next Gigs. By the way, countering skullbash off the ledge... WTF? I wish I saw that ****! Amazing! :chuckle:

SheerMadness: Thanks for letting us crash at your place. I wish we got some more games in though.

GDX + Force: I didn't see much of you guys. We were too tired to head over to that hotel after the tourney, but thanks for the offer. We've got to chill some more at some point, heh.

Fenrir: You're so smart, dude. What a close doubles match.

Abe: You're a funny dude. Keep repping Wario.

Danny: You're so cool, man. It was awesome to finally play against a good Pit. Now I've got to go back in the lab and work on that matchup, heh.

xYz: That G-dub is so nasty. I just can't figure him out... yet. ;)

Alvin: We barely even saw each other at Gigs... We should change that next time. ;)

Kei: I still didn't get to see your Peach... Oh well, maybe next time... Good job in doubles with Alvin!

Afro Thunder: You're a cool dude. Good job taking both tourneys, man! That **** you were saying during my match with Rx- was hilarious. Record my matches and make a DBZ-esque show out of it. I'll let you have all revenue from it. :chuckle: Thanks for the shouts to OWNTU.

Bonesaw: What an intimidating name... You're mad cool. Thanks for cheering me on against Nick. Your MK is sick!

Actionb@stard: I'm sorry we couldn't give you a ride. I wish I was there to see those moments you had. Thanks for the shouts and keep at it, boy!

Rx-: That was such a fun ditto. Good ****!

Kyon: Nice Pikachu, man. Keep it up!

Nicholas.Riddle: Those were some intense matches and good games, but stop johning. This is competition. You've got to handle the pressure and counter with your own. Your Zamus was really impressive.

Everyone I talked to outside throughout the day: You're all cool as ****. Keep playing!

QDVS: I play MK and Wario, but I went strictly MK for this tourney so I could get a better feel for his matchups.

So, yeah... I had mad fun at this Gigs. The cheering that went on for me and other members of OWNTU was crazy as ****! I appreciate all the support that we got. If I forgot some of you, I'm sorry. I can't wait until next month, all.

The only thing that bothered me was the ever-present johns about MK. Guys, get over it. He's good, but not unbeatable and many characters and players can handle that tornado very well. You all need to adapt to it and quit *****ing. Oh, and I don't want to hear any johns about Snake. Lots of characters in this game are **** and have mad potential. Just deal.

looks like meta knights going to be top tier for sure! (please don't flame)

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Finally made it back to Gigs after 6 or 7 months of no-shows, good times once again. Shoutouts and GGs and all that:

Crom: Number one teammate extraordinaire! Your Snake is ****, and Snake/GW was a nasty team. Taking 9th with no practice was too good, we should team again and so how we do with some experience under our belts now.

Vericz/Kyon: Good set to open the tourney, we almost had you guys but you got the best of us in the end, props.

Mixed NutZ: Fun set, keep at it. Not sure of your names, sorry. See you next Gigs?

Popo: Same as above?

Lobster and his teammate: Above again, Mario/Ness was an interesting team to play against.

Chaz and Danny: Tough set but you guys got us. Marth and MK were **** on my G Dub but Crom almost singlehandedly won the set while I kept killing him. GGs.

Ghaude: Good ish on beating me in singles, don't doubt yourself so much. And start showing up for matches on time, despite hearing them call for "a sign from Ghaude" being a highlight. Friendlies next time, I gotta learn that ROB matchup better.

Apollo: I can never beat Javier. This is a fact. GGs.

Rx-: Good friendlies, pretty much owned me but still fun. The MK practice helped me out a bit I think, so thanks.

Raistlin: We didn't play a friendly? Wtf. I'm gonna make another Ledgology vid soon and I'll put in those Jiggs and Pika tricks I was talking about.

Dark Sonic: Keep working on that Sonic, you're going to disprove all the haters soon enough.

Phanna: Good talking with you, I'll let you know if I can recreate that *ahem* thing I mentioned with Zamus. Here's hoping it's back, eh?

Nick Riddle: Good friendlies and talking with you, your Zamus was good ish. My friend's calzone ftw.

"Mikey": Was the tag of a Yoshi player who made a group of people go WTF by doing the grab release (I think?) pseudo-chain in friendlies. Props.

Boosley: Good seeing you as always, you were so psyched about that Bowser beating that MK. That was a good match though, now we know how to counter tornado spam: Boozer Bomb and Usmash, all day every day.

Other people I friendlied/talked with through the day but didn't catch names for: GGs, see you next month.

Gigs: Thanks again, good tourney. Cecil, feel better. I'll start paying better attention so I don't have to keep walking up and asking "er...what tv is Pasqual supposed to be playing on?" again and again.

I'm done I think so yeah. GGs, etc.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Laijin: I tried to say hi to you and you looked the other way. ****.
Really?
Oh wow.
Sorry. >__>

For a couple of positive shoutouts:
Ted Boosley: Ike vs Kirby. EPIC.
These matches lasted about a minute long each time, none of us got each other over 100% damage. Ridiculous matches.
We had like 20 matches in 10 minutes. Thats like a record in brawl.

Everyone else:
Uhh..good job?

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Lajin who were you.....I remember a lot of faces, after Zoro described himself I thought...oh so that was him....were you the only Bowser player there. I heard talk of only one Bowser player at the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom