• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 16: "Here's My Sunday Best!!!!"

I.B

Smash Lord
good **** errbody, wish i was there!

also hearts out to raynex and the NNR homies <3 <3 <3

Bing

Smash Master
aww shiiii i missed the raynford vids xD

hey bing if you focused on a main and stopped MMing ppl with randoms like ICs maybe you'd make it out of bracket :awesome:
I may do silly MMs like ICs, Yoshi, Ganon dittos etc. But I only practice with Fox, Falco and Sheik. Taking general Character knowledge + Player Skill can still get you somewhere...

Besides, I would have made bracket if Josh didnt get added to my pool at the last second. Let alone the fact that he grabbed first seed -_-

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
lol it was legit. good job.

definitely gonna learn that one with jiggs though, it sucks so much getting grabbed-->death from the other side :laugh:

hmm maybe that's why i hate marth vs. falco too...perhaps getting killed from one combo is just too much for a former jigglypuff main to take
The joys of using a spacie, one grab or one hit leads to death.

It's pretty dumb but if that wasn't the case then falco and fox would be way too good considering their offence is above and beyond all the other characters in the game.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
man, i'm so tempted to ride the bandwagon make a 'what if split joke'

but i feel like that's not very appropriate lol

and bing normally you get a solid foundation with a char(s) before moving along and screwing around with other chars lol josh should've at worst made you 3rd or 4th seed; it doesn't matter if he got first or not lol

oh jethrotex not sure how many ppl would even care but for completeness' sake pool 1 and 2 link to the same image with kyle/camillo etc

I.B

Smash Lord
I was sooo pissed I couldn't come... school work!!

Too glad to hear that you guys will be at the next one though :)

I'll be there, nooo ****ing around haha

oh and seeing your signature Noah HOLY nostalgia

Bing

Smash Master
man, i'm so tempted to ride the bandwagon make a 'what if split joke'

but i feel like that's not very appropriate lol

and bing normally you get a solid foundation with a char(s) before moving along and screwing around with other chars lol josh should've at worst made you 3rd or 4th seed; it doesn't matter if he got first or not lol

oh jethrotex not sure how many ppl would even care but for completeness' sake pool 1 and 2 link to the same image with kyle/camillo etc
Yes that may be true, but my point is that I felt confident in my current foundation that I could win said matches is all. Like I said, I only practice with 3 characters now. Fox, Falco and Sheik. The fact that Josh got first was almost like a little salt in the wounds. Its not very common that a last second addition takes 1st seed. I looked at my pool sheet, and I knew that at best I could get 3rd seed. I'm not confident enough to beat Coffeeblack. I wasn't sure about Pizz and I made the mistake of not playing the set the way I felt most confident and instead stuck with my gameplan of using Sheik and Falco only(set with Krisp and MED$ excluded - I like Fox vs Puff and I felt like using Falcon against Zack). I knew that I can beat the rest of my pool and get 4th seed. But then with the addition of Josh, that 4th seed became a lot more difficult to reach. Regardless, I'm not mad or salty or anything. It was a good tournament, I had fun. I know I need to improve and hopefully one day(SOON) I get to a respectable level.

Bing

Smash Master
I don't even....

I use Fox,Falco and Sheik in tournament. Mostly Sheik and Falco. I like Fox for the Puff MU

I practice with Fox, Falco and Sheik. I don't understand how this is such a negative thing. I literally did 3 sets with characters I don't main. Why is this such a negative thing -_-.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
if you practice and enter tournament with one character, all the time, you will get good at that character

it will take 3 times as long to get that good if you use 3 different characters

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
^ thank you.

also, sheik is pretty different from spacies. the spacies themselves are already pretty different themselves.

it's not necessarily a negative thing; sorry if i make it seem so. it's just not exactly a positive thing lol

Bing

Smash Master
if you practice and enter tournament with one character, all the time, you will get good at that character

it will take 3 times as long to get that good if you use 3 different characters
Yes, I understand this. But I use 3 characters because they each bring something different to the table for me. I'm really stuck right now. I'm like Sheik, its actually the character I'm most confident with, and I might go back to not using Falco. Everything that I thought was good about Falco and that I enjoyed is going away because my consistency is improving, and that MUs that I'm bad at with Fox, I like with Sheik(For the most part - I.e Falco, Peach etc). I dunno. I want to main Sheik, but for the time being I want something to keep afloat so that I can at least stay where Im at. I'm already so bad Im scarred of getting worse.

^ thank you.

also, sheik is pretty different from spacies. the spacies themselves are already pretty different themselves.

it's not necessarily a negative thing; sorry if i make it seem so. it's just not exactly a positive thing lol

^^ Yes you were making it sound negative. Again I understandd the whole 3 different characters = it takes longer.

One thing I think people forget is that I practive 90% by myself. And I do get bored of using the same character for hours and hours and hours. My Work Schedule doesn't exactly allow me optimal time to play with other people.

Okay Im done now

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Guys maybe we should stop paying attention to Bing and just let him make his own decisions regarding character and w/e

@ Kyle

At least regarding the top 7 chars or so

The more options you have, the more fragile you tend to be

So the price of creative ways to hit people & do things with your hits is your life expectancy

This generally works out favourably for those with combat options 'cuz they have more ways to enhance their game and express their skills

But then you actually have to develop those skills

IMHO attempting to further counter-pick people is kind of pointless at this point 'cuz you've switched to the best or second best character and have a winning or even MU vs basically every character if you develop your skills adequately

I dunno if Mike was serious when he said you were considering going Falcon vs Marth, but I'm just going to state right now that Falcon is a terrible idea vs Marth to discourage others who may be thinking the same thing and not worth the investment because - if you play space animal - you're basically going from an even MU to an even MU and learning a whole new character for it and opening yourself up to slob picks and being stuck on FoD as Falcon and other crap

Not worth it

Especially for this region lol

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Well I was being serious that he said it. I don't know if he was being serious I guess.

/I think Falcon loses to Marth 40/60 as well >_> in regards to your edit

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I know what you think about the MU ratio. However, I disagree so I put my opinion instead of yours because it was my post.

weon - X

Smash Ace
i'd only cp if i really really dislike the match up, to the point where if all the match ups in the game were that boring to me I simply wouldn't play the game.

marth vs peach
fox vs samus (really campy ones)
sheik dittos if there's chaingrabs

idea

Smash Master
@ Kyle

At least regarding the top 7 chars or so

The more options you have, the more fragile you tend to be

So the price of creative ways to hit people & do things with your hits is your life expectancy

This generally works out favourably for those with combat options 'cuz they have more ways to enhance their game and express their skills

But then you actually have to develop those skills

IMHO attempting to further counter-pick people is kind of pointless at this point 'cuz you've switched to the best or second best character and have a winning or even MU vs basically every character if you develop your skills adequately

I dunno if Mike was serious when he said you were considering going Falcon vs Marth, but I'm just going to state right now that Falcon is a terrible idea vs Marth to discourage others who may be thinking the same thing and not worth the investment because - if you play space animal - you're basically going from an even MU to an even MU and learning a whole new character for it and opening yourself up to slob picks and being stuck on FoD as Falcon and other crap

Not worth it

Especially for this region lol
makes sense

basically, playing falco vs. ics for me feels stylistically similar to playing jiggs. vs. them, so i might as well play jiggs. yeah, you're right, falco has more options than jiggs in that matchup and i would just have to develop them. but i don't want to develop THOSE skills. i want to learn falco vs. fastfallers, not falco vs. weird character that is hard to pressure and can kill you in one grab. even falco vs. peach and sheik i'm okay with, but ics are just so...strange.

i might still change my mind and just try to do it with falco anyway, but at the moment i really don't want to learn that matchup.

as for falcon vs. marth...yeah, i was seriously considering that, but i'm not anymore. it was less a strategic counterpick and more "sweet, i might have a legitimate reason to play falcon." but as usual, everytime i think that, and then actually try to play him vs. someone, i remember that falcon is only fun while you're comboing.

still not sure what to do about marth. probably just gonna work on it more with falco.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Shine grab is very good. I think what you need to take home from David's post is that up-tilting + jab is not actual shield pressure with Falco.

Also Hammertime has nothing that can 0-death you (no wobbling + I've never seen him do a handoff) so you should consider DI-ing things.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
Shine grab is very good. I think what you need to take home from David's post is that up-tilting + jab is not actual shield pressure with Falco.

Also Hammertime has nothing that can 0-death you (no wobbling + I've never seen him do a handoff) so you should consider DI-ing things.
I always completely screw up the handoff timing in brackets, I panic way too much.

If you ever see me do a down throw into nothing, that was supposed to be a handoff lol. It's still a work in progress atm.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
shine-grab + shine-shine-another action (the jc shine version) is a really powerful basic mixup to start with for falco vs non-ics

it's especially good vs anyone you can grab combo

they hold block for 2nd shine they get grabbed

they move for the shine grab they get shined

simple and you can build stuff off your first shine to buff this

all pp does vs ics is d-tilt and **** and it seems to destroy them

so i think you could start with learning about falco's normals (namely d-tilt)

Mprime

Smash Ace
Yo jethro, how are the vids coming along? They posted yet?

:phone:

Edit: I think i just double posted this by mistake lol

Bing

Smash Master
when i started playing i played pretty much by myself too.

if you really want a foundation of tech skill for every char, at least go play HRC lol
-_- How does 3 characters become all of them lmao

Guys maybe we should stop paying attention to Bing and just let him make his own decisions regarding character and w/e
Honestly please do, if I have a question i'll ask. Otherwise, Please stop. I used to use the entire cast, yes. Now I use 3 characters each for a specific reason with a competitive goal in mind.

Top Bottom