• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 16: "Here's My Sunday Best!!!!"

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i strongly disagree that spacies are better off jumping with x over y. of course, it depends how you hold the controller. i know ryan sorta tilts his grip with his right hand (afaik but i haven't seen him in a while)

if you hold the gc controller on a neutral position (the position you'd intiially hold it), going from y --> a/b for a SH aerial or shine, requires you to shift your thumb downward. if you instead jump with x, you can slide your thumb with a simple flick of the thumb joint or you could support it with your wrist. it just seems 110% more ergonomic and significantly less muscle flexion.

james uses L for everything iirc. it blows my mind.

-_- How does 3 characters become all of them lmao
b/c you mm everyone with everyone. if you had tech skill with all of those chars maybe you'd win some moolah lol. and i'll leave it at that >_>

Bing

Smash Master
b/c you mm everyone with everyone. if you had tech skill with all of those chars maybe you'd win some moolah lol. and i'll leave it at that >_>
I did win so money :p I was +4$ :D lmfao.

Moving on :p

I use L for everything too, the only time I touch my R button is sometimes before matches I mash buttons out of excitement/boredom

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i strongly disagree that spacies are better off jumping with x over y. of course, it depends how you hold the controller. i know ryan sorta tilts his grip with his right hand (afaik but i haven't seen him in a while)

if you hold the gc controller on a neutral position (the position you'd intiially hold it), going from y --> a/b for a SH aerial or shine, requires you to shift your thumb downward. if you instead jump with x, you can slide your thumb with a simple flick of the thumb joint or you could support it with your wrist. it just seems 110% more ergonomic and significantly less muscle flexion.

james uses L for everything iirc. it blows my mind.
I say that Y is better than X because whenever you do shine to jump you have to slide over the A button (potential for flubbed input thus increases). The buttons are also further apart (demanding more speed).

FWIW I use X for everything but I think the proximity of the buttons plus no A button in the way makes Y a pretty clearly better choice.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
I say that Y is better than X because whenever you do shine to jump you have to slide over the A button (potential for flubbed input thus increases). The buttons are also further apart (demanding more speed).

FWIW I use X for everything but I think the proximity of the buttons plus no A button in the way makes Y a pretty clearly better choice.
hmm. when you shine --> jump via b --> x, even if you pressed A, it wouldn't do anything since A does nothing while in shine before the jump cancelled happened. i see what you mean, but you'd have to press up on the control stick before misinputs happen i think. i personally find the sliding-over-A easier than bringing my thumb up to the Y =\

as for distance, i still think it's easier to flick your thumb joint/wrist than it is to bring your thumb downward lol. i use R for WD so i can't adjust my grip too much

Mprime

Smash Ace
something like that for characters

:phone: 11 out of 16 people were either fox or falco in bracket.

Also it was Carl's first time at these monthlies and he won amateur bracket
Wait what? Is carl completely new to the scene in general? This guy did that fancy sdi stage tech every single time i threw a down air at him as he was firefoxing onto the stage/ledge. Ontop of that hes really good at reading his opponents for a new commer.

:phone:

Top Bottom