• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8th BEST: MK banned; Venue fits 100!

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'd be interested if no one's gotten to you on that yet. I can make it to some of the friday night smashes if you wanna practice and whatnot. Also, sorry I couldn't give you a ride last time, I had made plans and needed to be back in time. I can almost definitely give you a lift there this time, as long as I plan to do so beforehand.
Someone gotten to me already, I'm going to be teaming with No_Skillz, who's also going to be driving me. Thanks for the offer though.

Sharky

Smash Master
Would there still be room for one more on this? I live near Utica (Clinton, NY) to be exact, and it's on the way to Troy. I'm not confirmed for this tourney, but would very much like to go.
I added you to the list after cura posted this

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I haaven't seen the guy since his first tourney at SS3 lol, but I'd be down to team with James G. Does he still use Lucario?

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
Since I don't usually eliminate people from pools, how would everyone feel about using some type of slightly different ruleset for pools? I'm fine with some wacky or experimental suggestions, and the entire reasoning for this is that pools are for mostly bracket seeding and don't eliminate. This does not confirm any rule changes for pools, and the rules already posted are final for bracket.

Anyone mind giving me and maybe others from Binghamton a ride? We would share gas money etc.

Thanks
Who and how many? Someone get these people a ride.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Our cars are full.

A different ruleset for pools than a different ruleset for bracket? would be akward considering youd be warming people up on a different ruleset than what they should be practicing for. And if pools are determining seeding as always it should be that of the bracket ruleset.

However i support metaknight being legal in pools.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Since I don't usually eliminate people from pools, how would everyone feel about using some type of slightly different ruleset for pools? I'm fine with some wacky or experimental suggestions, and the entire reasoning for this is that pools are for mostly bracket seeding and don't eliminate. This does not confirm any rule changes for pools, and the rules already posted are final for bracket.
How about Cactuar's ruleset for pools? (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317222). It's interesting enough that I'd like to at least see how it turns out.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
How late is smash club running tonight? I might drop by, and if I do I'll be bringing Pat as well.

Edit: Also, that ruleset looks cool. Im not really a melee player, but I think the reasoning is pretty solid in there. I'd even think it could be viable for brawl as well, although maybe an extra minute would be needed on the timer.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'd definitely be for speeding up matches in pools in a similar manner to what Cactuar suggests. Brawl with 2 Stock, 5 Minutes or something. But best of 7 probably wouldn't work for Brawl.

Sharky

Smash Master
I would much rather keep consistency through pools and bracket, but if you made whatever side event we're doing use this ruleset, that would be fine by me.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Is there a "put money in a pot and give it to cura" Side event? or is that just the main event

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind trying that Melee ruleset for the side, but I'll probably want to define stages a bit or change it a little. I don't think I'll change pool rules.

For Brawl, we could try 1 or 2 stocks instead of low tiers. Depends on people though.

Smash club here is from 6:00 to 12:30 each Friday.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yo bcb really not to bad at melee. Played him at ss2 almost beat me with doc. I then procceeded to beat beta afterwards!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
And L-Don took a game off Minh, too. But I think I've had some more practice than him in melee.

Practice meaning lvl 9 cpus

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I wouldn't mind trying that Melee ruleset for the side, but I'll probably want to define stages a bit or change it a little. I don't think I'll change pool rules.

For Brawl, we could try 1 or 2 stocks instead of low tiers. Depends on people though.

Smash club here is from 6:00 to 12:30 each Friday.
I personally would rather go with low tiers. Just having less stocks wouldn't feel much of a different event.

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Is there a "put money in a pot and give it to cura" Side event? or is that just the main event
Woah, slow it down my friend. I'm looking to try to make some money. I'll MM anyone if I have the money. So just post here if you'd like to.

Top Bottom