• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/04/10 - WATO12 -Western Airlines Travel Occidentally -Feat M2K and Money Drama!!!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, if Hbox doesn't want to have Brawl for WATO anymore, where would we hold our monthlies for Brawl, then? FG won't work since it's not a monthly, more like a tri-annual kind of thing....

*ponderponderponder*

:069:

Zoro

Smash Champion
Well, if Hbox doesn't want to have Brawl for WATO anymore, where would we hold our monthlies for Brawl, then? FG won't work since it's not a monthly, more like a tri-annual kind of thing....

*ponderponderponder*

You have a brawl tourney every weekend what are you talking about
even if you dont have a stable location it wouldnt matter because brawl is the new ish right now

also someone could try and get gamezone to start theirs up again that would hold the orlando brawl peeps over

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I really kinda wanta play some Melee. This is kinda soon but is there anyone in Orlando (specifically around the UCF/Waterford area) who is going to this that can give me a ride? I'm willing to pay gas money.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

*ponderponderponder*

I always did have brawl, and apart from WATO5 the attendance wasn't very spectacular anyways.

I'm just saying, now that Gigs is currently no more, I'm expecting a larger number of people to come to my tournaments; running 4 events with 30+ would simply be too chaotic in just one day. (WATO5 LOL)

I'm not saying that I'm going to stop hosting brawl, regardless of how much I hate that game.

I just know that WATO8 is going to be Melee only since GK Brawl is the day after.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
even if you dont have a stable location it wouldnt matter because brawl is the new ish right now

also someone could try and get gamezone to start theirs up again that would hold the orlando brawl peeps over
There's a problem, though. The next two tourneys for Brawl that are definitely coming up are GKBrawl in November 15th and Winterfest in December 18th-20th. As for Zero Ping, I haven't heard from Lee in a while so I don't know if it's happening this month, and Tommy G's smashfest most likely would not have a normal singles tournament.

It's really quite a big gap. We need to find a stable place for now. :(

EDIT:

I always did have brawl, and apart from WATO5 the attendance wasn't very spectacular anyways.

I'm just saying, now that Gigs is currently no more, I'm expecting a larger number of people to come to my tournaments; running 4 events with 30+ would simply be too chaotic in just one day. (WATO5 LOL)

I'm not saying that I'm going to stop hosting brawl, regardless of how much I hate that game.

I just know that WATO8 is going to be Melee only since GK Brawl is the day after.
OK, that's good to hear. And I guess I can understand for this month. Thanks, HBox. :)

nevershootme

Smash Master

gamezone was thinking of doing a melee one in nov 7th... but no word since... soo i'm gonna assume they got shut down

Finch

Smash Lord
Juan you should do $10 per event with a $5 door fee unless you bring a setup. That way the pot is still basically the same as gigs, since they took their door fee out of singles entrance, and you have more setups and less people not entering at all.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Juan you should do $10 per event with a $5 door fee unless you bring a setup. That way the pot is still basically the same as gigs, since they took their door fee out of singles entrance, and you have more setups and less people not entering at all.

Theres not enough space for that though
i like the idea but only the first like 8 people that get there can benefit from that

hungrybox

Smash Legend

Is that so?

interesting. That's actually a really good idea.

but like zoro said, there might not be enough room, lol

Zoro

Smash Champion
Is that so?

interesting. That's actually a really good idea.

but like zoro said, there might not be enough room, lol

I dont think people that enter something should be charged door fee
I think the people that come in and only do friendlies should be charged door fee
that way its more of an incentive to join doubles or singles since if you dont you have to pay to play anyway (on tvs thatll be having tournament matches on them constantly)

The setup thing isnt that important here in FG sure since theres outlets and alot of space but here theres a very small minority that can benefit from gettin door fee knocked off by bringing a setup

There are plenty of locals that can bring tvs they just dont do it because they dont think they will need it. If just wato brings all their setups in we would have like 5 so if we can get like 2 or 3 extra setups from the same people every month we wouldnt have to worry about it. Nobody out of orlando should be bringing setups to these, its the locals who should be responsible for that.

Is brians tv still broken btw ?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
yea but i always like people to come and get better by playing friendlies...

imposing a door fee for people who aren't playing is like saying they can't come unless they have money.

like if action B had no money, I wouldn't let him into my house? nah, man.

I'm just trying to figure out a sound equilibrium to the door fee rule.

Zoro

Smash Champion
yea but i always like people to come and get better by playing friendlies...

imposing a door fee for people who aren't playing is like saying they can't come unless they have money.

like if action B had no money, I wouldn't let him into my house? nah, man.

I'm just trying to figure out a sound equilibrium to the door fee rule.
i dont think thats the purpose of a tournament though. Thats why we have other gatherings like smashfests. Plus five dollars really isnt much for a once a month event and if that's too steep for some people then lower the fee to 2. I KNOW YOU CAN FIND 2 DOLLARS IN YOUR SOFA LOL

some of the tourneys in sfl had the singles and door fee together which was like 15 or 20 i forget. So you HAD to have at least 15 to enter the house at all. Trust me a 2- 5 door fee is not going to keep poor kids like me and action b out.

the door fee thing is mainly for the people that ALWAYS come but never enter because they suck the experience out of friendlies instead of tourney even tho they have the money for it.

Finch

Smash Lord
So I heard that Tournament Organizers were the people who made and ran tournaments.
I don't think I've ever been to a tournament run by only the TOs

Juan I think its great that people want to come and only play friendlies to get better, but it's not fair that people who payed $20 to be in the tournament can't play friendlies against good people because a bunch of random kids are just sitting on the same TV for 2 hours. $5 a month is really no money at all and shouldn't detract people who actually want to get better from coming to a tournament.

Curaga

Smash Ace
LOL, aw man is this trying to shut out zoro and other's opinions?? because seriously who is the one making a thread asking everyone EVERYTHING on how to run a tourney?? LOL

I run nastee tournaments ;)
Nah bro; not shutting down anyone's opinions. Just supporting the Hbox and his ideas. :)

hungrybox

Smash Legend
I try not to be greedy....

it's just that whenever I try to impose a reasonable price people call me greedy.

The problem with me is that I am too easily swayed by opinion.

-___-

...just trying to make the most people happy so more people can come.

nevershootme

Smash Master

it's just that whenever I try to impose a reasonable price people call me greedy.

-___-

its called doing business at your house.... not greed... cuz if u got bills to pay for the house then u do it

vericz

Smash Champion

-___-

dont worry we are happy,

Especially since its only melee :)

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
A GOOD idea was brought to me by Kuya
Anyone got any garage sales that happen semi-regularly in the neighborhood?
Get a $10 dollar tv for melee setups. Chances are you can find one that's in a convenient-ish size.

Anyways....my vote is $10 event fee. $5 door fee for friendlies only with no setups.
Bring a set-up and join event?? You get pats on back.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
FIRST POST UPDATED WITH PRICES

$5 Door Fee ONLY IF YOU DO NOT ENTER SINGLES. If you BRING A SETUP and DO NOT ENTER SINGLES, the door fee is WAIVED. If you bring a setup AND enter singles, then I'll give you a HIGH-FIVE or a HAND HUG. Your preference. A setup is defined as:
GCN/Wii + Cables + Melee + TV
= :D

Can anyone see if SFL is interested in coming to this? Cuz its the only melee tourney in a while apparently :/

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
yea, i strongly prefer when TO's don't reuse old threads for big tournaments

i am probably going to this if finch or andy is going

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if brawl's here i'll be here.

actually, since gameknights is the next day, even if it was just melee i'd come anyway, was plannin to come up saturday to chill, might as well throw in some smeeesh

Col Bol

Smash Champion
since gigs is shut down everyone should just go to this, since the venue is almost/just as big, not to mention less cave-like

p.s. my sig is beast

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Col bol your sig is pretty beat. before I could type this or even read your post I had to stop and look at it a couple times thru :p

Dang I wish I could go to this. Maybe if someone buys my plane ticket I can go...
hahaha yeah right :p

Anyways have a good tourney

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Yeah were gonna come juan, just make a new thread for the tournament so itl get more hype etc.
if brawl's here i'll be here.

actually, since gameknights is the next day, even if it was just melee i'd come anyway, was plannin to come up saturday to chill, might as well throw in some smeeesh
this is melee only; and yes i think i'm like an hour-ish away from Gameknights.

good stuff SFL, glad to see you can make it ^_^

colbol: yes

annnnnnnnnnnnnd

if there is time AFTER Melee, then yes, i will do a side brawl tournament.

I just wont enter, lol.

Top Bottom