• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/19/09 - Gigabits - Back 2 School Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think stage striking until one remains isn't a bad idea.

It's likely to end up Smashville or BF every time, which is perfectly cool.

I like option A tho.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Ok, I agree with the stage striking idea, so let's vote on that one too... With that, we would have the 5 neutrals (heck, at that point, we could expand to like 7 neutrals and throw delfino and PS1 in it... but I'm getting ahead of myself)

Poll!!!

Should stage striking be implemented, rather than random select?
(in this system, players take turns eliminating stages for neutral until one remains)

Yes: 3 (assuming both TommyG and Red's posts were votes, along with mine)
No 0

if stage striking is not used used, vote on the choices A through C below...

Option A:

BattleField
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

or

Option B:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

or C to just leave it like it is.

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

I personally vote for A...

so
A: 1
B: 0
C: 0

Please vote guys, and I'll tally it up sometime near the tournament, and propose it to Gigs as the official stage list.

Masky

Smash Master
lylat is probably the 3rd best stage in the game imo

but no one agrees with me :(

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
so 9 votes for stage striking, 3 Votes for option A

Thing about random stages, I don't want to have to waste a ban on the possibility I might get a gay stage.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Ima try to make it to this gigs. But IDK i might have girlfriend jawns. I think this fall son her nieces birthday but idk. But i still want to come to this. Ill try to make both if possible. But if not Ima have to go with her. Got my Priorities in order!

But if i can make it and any1 needs a last min partner holla at me!

BTW

Stage striking sounds good!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
STAGE STRIKING POLL!!

With stage striking, opponents take turns eliminating neutral stages until one remains, and they then play on that one stage for the first round of the match. This is tournament standard in some areas, and provides very positive changes in tournament setting.

for the votes...

YES I WANT STAGE STRIKING: 11
TommyG
RedHalberd
Fenrir
lw0nderbreadl
B_AWAL
Curaga
Deadweight
Fearless
Emo^Wolf
HCBSpike
ZMT

NO I WANT RANDOM STAGES: 2
radiX (Votes A)
gallax

So this is turning into a landslide. If this continues, let's just cap it in the next day or so and make that the tourney ruleset..

I think this is just a better system... Simply because of what Tommy G said, you don't have to waste a ban on a neutral stage, unless they may CP it later... this allows you to ban that terrible CP and not be screwed over for the neutral... this, I feel, evens out tournament play and removes a bit of luck involved..

And while it's true that most strikes will take it to BF or Smashville, I could definitely see other stages like FD or the others being played, if one character would have an advantage on those two... I just think it's a positive idea... and it's becoming tourney standard in some places for a reason, so we should have it, imo.

Once we decide striking or no striking, we'll figure out a neutral stage list that works

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
And for those who think that it takes too much time, stage striking takes less than a minute. It takes me longer to figure out my ban when Lylat isn't on the neutral list.

If people fight about who strikes first, flip a coin. If tails, the flipper strikes first; if heads, the other person strikes first. It still pleases you people with fetishes for randoms.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
First post!

And my vote goes to stage striking.
Only snakes like lylat.
>.> I like Lylat, and I'm Fox. : )

stage striking that makes 11

Hrnut has spoken lol (not that it matters)
Actually, that makes 13. : )

STAGE STRIKING POLL!!

With stage striking, opponents take turns eliminating neutral stages until one remains, and they then play on that one stage for the first round of the match. This is tournament standard in some areas, and provides very positive changes in tournament setting.

for the votes...

YES I WANT STAGE STRIKING: 13
TommyG
RedHalberd
Fenrir
lw0nderbreadl
B_AWAL
Curaga
Deadweight
Fearless
Emo^Wolf
HCBSpike
ZMT
pkbasis
HRNUT

NO I WANT RANDOM STAGES: 2
radiX (Votes A)
gallax

Curaga

Smash Ace
You could instate striking and make it voluntary.

Its what I'm doing with GKB:
- Stage Striking will be implemented (but optional): After characters have been selected.. both players will play Rock-Paper-Scissors. The loser of RPS will then choose one of the neutral stages to be temporarily banned. The players will take turns striking neutral stages until only one neutral stage remains. The first match of a set will be played out on that neutral.
This insures equality.

What I care more about is banning the omnigay. But I'll leave that adventure for another time.

As for MMs.. I'm working on honing my new character with help from HRnut. Depending on how confident I feel with him, depends on if I'll accept. Then again, the practice would be greatly appreciated. We'll see.

MK and Olimar are my sworn enemies. With Fox, I will accept any challenge from those characters regardless of time or place. :)

I'm starting to realize just how comfortable I am to compete with skillful players, and I'm planning on showing everyone just how formidable I can be when I set my mind to it.

¬(¥w¥¬)

Noa.

Smash Master
Add another vote for stage striking.

If we have an odd list of neutrals, then whoever goes first doesn't get an advantage. If we're doing stage striking we should have the 5 neutrals though, for more options for stage striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom