• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/19/09 - Gigabits - Back 2 School Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
****n, im loving this 3 mainly 3 stages, fd, smashvill or BF. the best way to start a good set, not mxch can go wrong with those,

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Gigabits, MWarhead, Cecil please update the first post and copy this post, instead of your stages area. Thanks

The stage striking system will be used at this tournament.
In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one stage remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set. This tournament will have 5 starter stages, so each opponent chooses 2 stages they do NOT want to play for the first round.

Starter Stages:

-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:

-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Set order will proceed in the following manner:

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure (which player picks first may be determined by coin flip or Rock-Paper-Scissors, but it should not be all THAT important)
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the rest of the set
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List **
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**No stage may be played in two games of the same set, unless BOTH players agree to it.

Thanks, Gigs!!

(I switched around #3 and #4 from the SBR ruleset to make things a bit less confusing.... there is no sense in mixing bans and strikes and confusing everybody... a BAN should be decided before your opponent's counterpick selection.)

Curaga

Smash Ace
ok, so our ban for the set is done after the first match. works for me :)
Anytime before characters are chosen for the 2nd match, and its the responsibility of both players to ascertain whether or not a stage banning will take place before the 2nd match is started.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, ok you still get bans same as normal... I just didn't want to deal with the following situation:

Player 1 strikes Lylat
Player 2 strikes Yoshi's
Player 1 strikes Battlefield
Player 2 strikes FD
Player 1 or 2 tries to BAN Smashville... then what?

I didn't want somebody to think they had two strikes and a ban, thus eliminating all stages from the starter list...

So I just moved banning to right before your opponent CPs... I think it avoids a lot of confusion, and doesn't change anything at all about the banning system.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
yea i like the striking neutrals but i want to be able to ban after the first match is played in a good stage like where the better player wins i want to be able to ban a counter cuz i dont wnt some green thing O_o be like oh i cant beat you in a regular stage cuz im not cool so ima go to rainbow cruise
you understand what im saying dawg?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
yea i like the striking neutrals but i want to be able to ban after the first match is played in a good stage like where the better player wins i want to be able to ban a counter cuz i dont wnt some green thing O_o be like oh i cant beat you in a regular stage cuz im not cool so ima go to rainbow cruise
you understand what im saying dawg?
Um... you're able to... You can still ban a CP.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Every shud have @ least 2 neutral stages that they like and 1 that they can WORK with. This way no matter what they can always have at least 1 stage to play on. I don't see wut the big debate about striking is for.... It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 2 gud :-3

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
NOOOO, im not sure if i can go anymore, my rents are takin the car outa town this weekend and no1 from tampa can drive.

8 bit im rly sry bro

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
We're cool like that.

I remember you talking about me with one of my friends when I was sitting so close to you, that we were practically touching. I couldn't stop laughing...

And those of you at FIU knows what happens to me when I can't stop laughing....I think I lost that friendly.
This is 9 pages late but whatever.

Yeah I know LOL. Like I was doing friendlies, talking about you (hope it wasn't **** talkin' but I'm badass like that) then at an instant I realize you were next to me. I didn't care and kept talking :)

I still miss FL :( ZMT and Afro especially

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This is 9 pages late but whatever.

Yeah I know LOL. Like I was doing friendlies, talking about you (hope it wasn't **** talkin' but I'm badass like that) then at an instant I realize you were next to me. I didn't care and kept talking :)

I still miss FL :( ZMT and Afro especially
No, it wasn't **** talk. It was just so funny to me how you were saying stuff like you want to meet me to talk about Falco stuff with you sitting right there. I wanted to let you know, but I couldn't stop laughing.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
so yeah whats happening at this redhalberd is gonna miss it again (his cover story is he's going to uganda) wait for it, its gonna be posted next friday lol..........i wann come polmex gdx might be teammateless if i don't come team with him, or kyon if you're not teaming with anyone cuz i may not come

just giving G a fair warning lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom