• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/20 Syracuse Smash tourney results

Inui

Banned via Warnings
When teh heck did m2k ever go Ike? O.o
He is completely undefeated in low tier tournaments, which are popular over here and we definitely have the best low tier players in the world (Kai, MalcolmM, Snakeee, Shadow, Atomsk, Inui, Mew2King, Vex, Zucco...etc.)

I've fought his Ike a lot. It is the best Ike. I will put down any amount of money that he would beat anyone in Ike dittos or win any low tier tournament with his Ike. He is the best player in the world.

I have a looooooot of Ike ditto practice with him dating pretty far back. It's one of my strongest match-ups with Ike because of that, so I'm confident in beating "better" Ikes in it. I aim to be the best Ike in the nation.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
How can you be confident in beating the best Ike in the world? Unless that's not what you meant, because I'm pretty sure I didn't take what you said out of context. =O

Kantō

Smash Champion
Wait, what?

I'm sorry I wont be able to make it to ATOB3, but I'll save up some dough to participate in one of the next few Rochester tourneys.
i was hoping to play u in some singles at ATOB, oh well, im sure ill see u a different tourney or the next syracuse tourney at least

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Inui as far as you making more money in smash then chu does is unlikely, however that doesn't mean hes better than you. The fact is he attends more tourneys and places top 3 in everyone. And when there isnt a tourney being held on a weekend he throws one himself just so he can make more cash Lol.

Fact is he has tourneys every single weekend. And he places in every tourney.

On the Ike discussion , Inui you do have a good Ike probably 1 of the top, But the fact that your comparing your ike to san by stating you took m2k to game 5 in ike dittos isn't really that good seeing how the best of a certain character should never ever ever ever be determined by dittos Especially Ike dittos Lol. Even if it is m2k.
Its too hard to determine whose a better ike unless you compare Tournament placing with only using ike. Which i don't think you've won any tourneys with ike. Then again i dont know how many san has won beside this one. But im pretty sure you haven't won a lot if not none with ike.

Anyways when did this results thread become about inui/ San Lol. Lets talk about the Gannon Utilt that took place on that chair.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How can you be confident in beating the best Ike in the world? Unless that's not what you meant, because I'm pretty sure I didn't take what you said out of context. =O
What?

I said Mew2King is definitely the best Ike right now, but I intend on overtaking him. Mew2King twostocked me three times in winners finals a few months ago in a low tier tournament, and I only took one game where I twostocked him back. Two months later, it went to the last stock of game five. I'm catching up to where I want to be. San isn't my goal since he doesn't travel and has very few accomplishments. I've take games/sets from people like Anther, Atomsk, Kai, Vex, and Snakeee with Ike in tournaments, and every one of those players is probably better than anyone that attended these events. I'm not saying ya'll suck, since I know several of you are pretty good. I'm just being honest.

I don't know if I'd beat San. He's obviously good. Let's hope that, if we play, my Ike ditto experience lets me win over his overall tournament experience with Ike, which is indeed greater than mine.

Inui as far as you making more money in smash then chu does is unlikely, however that doesn't mean hes better than you. The fact is he attends more tourneys and places top 3 in everyone. And when there isnt a tourney being held on a weekend he throws one himself just so he can make more cash Lol.

Fact is he has tourneys every single weekend. And he places in every tourney.
We both are amazing and always place in the money. Both of us go to something every weekend and ****, lol.

On the Ike discussion , Inui you do have a good Ike probably 1 of the top, But the fact that your comparing your ike to san by stating you took m2k to game 5 in ike dittos isn't really that good seeing how the best of a certain character should never ever ever ever be determined by dittos Especially Ike dittos Lol. Even if it is m2k.
Um... I've won cash at 100% of the low tier events I enter, and I have to compete in a MUCH harder region. Mew2King has won every single one here for a reason. He's amazing at more than just the ditto, and so am I if I'm beating everyone else but him.

The best Ikes are Mew2King, San, Kirk, Renegade, Inui, NEO, Azen, NinjaLink, and Lee Martin. That is something I am very sure of.

Its too hard to determine whose a better ike unless you compare Tournament placing with only using ike. Which i don't think you've won any tourneys with ike. Then again i dont know how many san has won beside this one. But im pretty sure you haven't won a lot if not none with ike.
I can't win tournaments with Ike like San can because I compete in a significantly stronger region where we are infested with Meta Knights. If it's a match-up I can win, I'll try it. That's how I took Anther to last stock game three, twostocked Atomsk's Luigi, took a game and then a set from Snakeee, and beat Vex's Bowser twice in low tier tournaments. Sorry, but I can't be busting out Ike all the time against Meta Knight, Snake, Dedede, Marth, Olimar, and Falco, which are the only characters used here.

Anyways when did this results thread become about inui/ San Lol. Lets talk about the Gannon Utilt that took place on that chair.
Ayoooo, an Ike won the tournament! I love Ike. I respect San's skill if he can take out a good Snake with Ike, since that match-up is extremely slanted in Snake's favor. I'd love to play San, and I hope he travels.

Kantō

Smash Champion
everythig went silent for like 3 sec. then u hear KID screaming as he ****ed up that chair hahaha

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJrS8UzOPM

more reason to not listen to inui. hes always been bad, losing to nonexistant characters.

if i remember corectly, jesse played with you at SNES seeing as he stayed with you. and he still told you that sans ike is better.

how the hell are you gonna say how good your ike is just cause you play him in low tier tourneys WHERE HE SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED! when this *** is out here running 100% ike in every tournament hes been to since may 08.

m2ks ike is buns ive seen it. also for the record I am better than shadow, and thus I am the best metaknight in new york state.

just throwin that out there

and yes, I obiliterated that chair

Inui

Banned via Warnings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJrS8UzOPM

more reason to not listen to inui. hes always been bad, losing to nonexistant characters.
I don't use Fox in Melee.

if i remember corectly, jesse played with you at SNES seeing as he stayed with you. and he still told you that sans ike is better.
I did not play Jesse at SNES in Brawl at all. We only played some warm-up matches in Melee. The only times I used Ike were against Anther after he crushed my MK, and I took game two and then lost last stock in game three when I SDed and when I twostocked Ally's Captain Falcon twice in an MM, lol.

m2ks ike is buns ive seen it. also for the record I am better than shadow, and thus I am the best metaknight in new york state.

Mew2King's Ike is completely undefeated in extremely difficult low tier tournaments and he is the best player in the world. Your opinion of Mew2King's Ike being bad directly contradicts reality itself.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Silly Inui, throwing Grenades at Ike lets him DACIS, unless you cook everyone of them, which gets predictable. :bee:

And lol at the "just shield at the right time" argument. If that worked, Wario would be a lot lower. He's in the bottom half attack speed wise.

You're a top player, but not a top Ike. Same case with M2K.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how the hell are you gonna say how good your ike is just cause you play him in low tier tourneys WHERE HE SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED! when this *** is out here running 100% ike in every tournament hes been to since may 08

playing ike in low tiers is worse than playing mk in singles.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Lol @ m2k not being a top ike
Of course he can win a low tier tournament with Ike: everyone in the tournament that isn't Samus goes at best even against Ike. I'd be shocked if M2K couldn't win a low tier tournament with Ike.

Now, a full tournament means going against matches like Olimar which is a 3-7 D for Ike. Or Falco, or D3. MK isn't exactly easy for Ike either.

Until he wins a full proper tournament with Ike, he isn't in the running for best Ike: the only ones in the running are San and Kirk.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lol @ m2k not being a top ike
lol @ someone not automatically realizing that the list of top Ikes I posted is complete fact

Silly Inui, throwing Grenades at Ike lets him DACIS, unless you cook everyone of them, which gets predictable. :bee:

And lol at the "just shield at the right time" argument. If that worked, Wario would be a lot lower. He's in the bottom half attack speed wise.

You're a top player, but not a top Ike. Same case with M2K.
What is a DACIS? You mean DACUS? Ike has one of those? I'm not really talking about Snake throwing them. He just needs to keep them around him, which cripples Ike's approaches to...nothing. He can't hit grenades or swing his sword anywhere near Snake without blowing up.

As for Wario, that's irrelevant. Ike's moves all have recovery time and come out slow. Snake can punish Ike's perfectly spaced f-air with a dash attack after he shields it and Ike's f-air is easy to react to. N-air doesn't have enough range. Statistically, Snake has a very large advantage. San won because JesiahTEG plays aggressive (I've seen him play a lot, and he is not campy) and San tricked him a lot, which can score cheap kills for Ike. I can see no other way for an Ike to beat a Snake.

Mew2King and I are definitely top Ikes. How are we not if we actively use the character and have legit tournament accomplishments with him that are actually bigger than what San has? >_>; Your logic is flawed and you are insulting Mew2King and I.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, its not very likely due to his school schedule, but should inui and san ever attend the same tourney, I will put up the 20 bucks FOR SAN to beat inui in a money match

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I know its not as important as talking about m2k and inui (2 people who didnt even attend this tourney) buttt my shoutoutz are on first page!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
San > Other Ikes.
Thats the only complete fact right now.
Be insulted. its better that way.

new topic: lets talk about how awful shadow is and how im a better metaknight than him.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Also if im not mistaken i think jesse also used marth against san at 1 point. I could be wrong!! So dont goes based on what im saying

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Not DACUS, DACIT. Look it up, every top Ike knows about it, though I did put an S instead of a T.

Counter > Nades. They have set times, we can time our counter against it each time. I believe Ftilt can also outrange the explosion. And if Snake keeps the grenades by him, we have no reason to approach him. What's he going to do, spam the missile against us?

And bluntly yes: I'm saying you and M2K aren't as good of Ikes as San and Kirk. Low tier tournaments doesn't prove anything, and you have yet to place even top 8 with solo Ike. Keep working at it and you'll eventually get there.

@K.I.D: Ditto =/= Prove who's better. For example, Kirk is amazing, but the Ditto match is probably his worse match-up.

EDIT: Stop posting while I'm typing people. -_-

Inui

Banned via Warnings
how the hell are you gonna say how good your ike is just cause you play him in low tier tourneys WHERE HE SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED! when this *** is out here running 100% ike in every tournament hes been to since may 08

playing ike in low tiers is worse than playing mk in singles.
Ike is the 5th worst character in the game.

Compare how Ike does against S and A tier. Compare how Yoshi, Ness, Lucas, Mario, etc. do. Ike does significantly worse than them against the good characters. Ike is just good in the low tier environment.

Did you miss the part where I:

-Took a game from Snakeee, the best ZSS in the nation
-Later took a set from Snakeee, the best ZSS in nation
-Took Anther, the best Pikachu in the world, to game three last stock
-Beat Vex Kasrani, the best Bowser in the world, twice in tourny
-Dominate low tier tournaments in a very powerful region
-Twostocked Atomsk's Luigi, the same Luigi that 2-0'd one of your best players
-Beat Kai twice, one of the best Sonics and a very good player
-Beat DireVulcan in tourny, a legendary Game and Watch

I don't just use him in low tier tourmaments. Stop ignoring reality.

Of course he can win a low tier tournament with Ike: everyone in the tournament that isn't Samus goes at best even against Ike. I'd be shocked if M2K couldn't win a low tier tournament with Ike.
Ike loses to Sonic as well. He doesn't crush any low tier characters at all and it's still very hard to win.

Now, a full tournament means going against matches like Olimar which is a 3-7 D for Ike. Or Falco, or D3. MK isn't exactly easy for Ike either.
Which is...pointless. He doesn't need to willingly cripple himself to be the best Ike. He chooses top tier so he can win the big cash, and ***** very hard low tier events with his Ike when the time comes. San and Kirk are NOT winning hard tournaments. I would not have any trouble at all winning events like this.

Until he wins a full proper tournament with Ike, he isn't in the running for best Ike: the only ones in the running are San and Kirk.
Horrendous logic. You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't need to be an Ike main or win EASY tournaments with Ike to prove you're the best Ike.]

also, its not very likely due to his school schedule, but should inui and san ever attend the same tourney, I will put up the 20 bucks FOR SAN to beat inui in a money match
You're on.

San > Other Ikes.
Thats the only complete fact right now.
Be insulted. its better that way.
Prove it. I have more accomplishments right now. :)

And bluntly yes: I'm saying you and M2K aren't as good of Ikes as San and Kirk. Low tier tournaments doesn't prove anything, and you have yet to place even top 8 with solo Ike. Keep working at it and you'll eventually get there.
Are you just...blatantly ignoring me?

I live in an extremely powerful region infested with Meta Knights and hordes and hordes of national top players. Bottom tier can't win. You are telling me to do something that is impossible. I'm sorry, but I don't live in miserably weak areas like other people.

Low tier tournaments prove something...IF PEOPLE MAIN THOSE LOW TIERS! Kai is a top Sonic. MalcolmM is a top Sonic. Vex is the best Bowser. Zucco partially mains Ness and is probably the best one after FOW. This is the type of crap we have to fight in low tier tournaments. I'm more scared of our low tier tournaments as Ike than someone like this with Ike. ~_~

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
LOL @ Ike being 5th worse.

Grow up and actually learn your character Inui.

EDIT: If you want to continue, pull it to another topic. I'm done hijacking this one. And I have a class in 40 minutes that I need to do my homework for.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL @ Ike being 5th worse.

Grow up and actually learn your character Inui.
Um... I used to think he was decent.

Then I got amazing with him and learned him and now I know for a fact that he is extremely terrible. He has MANY impossible/nearly impossible match-ups and is worse than most other low tiers against S and A tier. I can easily crush you in a debate about it because I know what I'm talking about.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ugh, this is pointless because none of you will ever travel and apparently San never will, so you're isolated in this little area and San can't really prove much while other Ikes get chances to score bigger wins (like I have) and become truly relevant.

When you see that, you'll realize how pointless this discussion was like I just did. =/

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I cant say whose a better ike. Ive played Sans ike but i havent played inui. So i cant exactly place my vote. However i do know that if san was in the thread he wouldnt be making a big deal about how good his ike is compared to others. Im not trying to be rude to anyone. You both are solid players. But lets be a lil mature about this.

1. its a game which we have fun with. Best at something shouldnt be the main concern over enjoying the game and scene

2. This isnt a job so know one concerned about how much money you pull in on tournaments. I have more respect for those who are attending college to get real paying jobs that will triple any amount you could pull in tournaments yearly.

3. However accomplishments are what we should be going for. Its better to say "wow i won this tourney" then to say "hey im better then this kid."

4. Inui your a great/amazing playing But its very degrading to your self how you feel you need to compare your self to certain players and state how much better you are than them.

5. This is a results thread if you guys wanna discuss ikes and business go to the ike section. This thread is for the people who are interested in the tournament thread. Not people who wanna talk about themselves.

Be mature guys.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I just want to thank inui for helping me to realise that my MK is the best in the State

also, search KIDGoggles and friend me on facebook, I plan to upload a picture of myself with my 3rd place trophy some time tonight

last thing....

neil went to SNES and got 7th, placed in the money and out placed inui by a pretty big margin.

he then comes to this and loses to 2 people in his region and gets outplaced by another, yet inui says that this would be an easy win and our region is weak...

ok, that makes tons of sence

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
Loool ****it mana you beat me to it... I was just about to say... Way to much brawl s**t in this topic...

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
San, as modest as you are, you know you love this XD. I just realized at this tourney that your name is pronounced san, not sahn. I'm prolly going to call you sahn anyway:psycho:

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
To Me melee is 1000x better then brawl. But melee just takes to much time and effort to be good and keep skill. While brawl is easy to pick up and be good at. I dont play brawl as much as like 90% on boards maybe i play like a 5-6 hours a week unless i have friends over. But i still keep whatever skill i have and can compete with some top players. Overall

Melee- Harders but funner
Brawl- Easier but boring

However i love teams in both games! singles are just to boring for me!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Oh, Melee or Brawl? Easy Melee, not even a question lol...Brawl's still fun though, when I'm not losing to Ike's A button.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Idk, here's how I break down San's game.

90% Jab Combo mixed with dodge and grab

10% gay aether tricks, fairs, charged smashes.

Don't get me wrong, he's still amazing, but I feel once I care enough to think of ways to beat the jab combos, it'll be wayyyyyyyyyyyy easier. So, if people know how to do that in NJ, then yeah they'll have a chance...Maybe. Who knows, he's simple but crazy good.

Also, I'd like to point out that I STILL have a winning record against San. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that was my next question. I could have sworn that you and neil had a losing record with him. I know neil lost to him twice at this so lol at that.

ive analysed san more than anybody that we play with, his spacing is probably some of the best ive ever seen. but hes a player just like anybody else, with openings and patterns like anybody else. i really meant it when I said he was lucky he didnt have to play me in bracket.

props to him tho. i need to take him to more tourneys

Top Bottom