• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/20 Syracuse Smash tourney results

Kantō

Smash Champion
i was thinking sometime right before thanksgiving, but thats just an idea i havent even planned anything out yet so.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
an ike won??? oh wait its san....thats expected.

LOL @ INUI
san will wreck you, because you dont know the match up....it has taken me since the start of brawl to learn the match up and be able to beat san consitently........me vs san is probably the best match to watch since we know each other so well

altairian

Smash Lord
i was thinking sometime right before thanksgiving, but thats just an idea i havent even planned anything out yet so.
There's a lot of tourneys in november, I'm not sure where they all are but you might run in to conflicts with other tourneys. Just something to look at, cause I know they were trying to plan an ECRC event for november and it basically got hosed by people *coughinuicough* saying "omg I'm already planning a tourney for that day don't screw me" -_-

Looking forward to it regardless, and any of your events I can go to I'll be willing to do the same swing through binghamton and ithaca to make sure all those beastly players can make it ;)

Kantō

Smash Champion
There's a lot of tourneys in november, I'm not sure where they all are but you might run in to conflicts with other tourneys. Just something to look at, cause I know they were trying to plan an ECRC event for november and it basically got hosed by people *coughinuicough* saying "omg I'm already planning a tourney for that day don't screw me" -_-

Looking forward to it regardless, and any of your events I can go to I'll be willing to do the same swing through binghamton and ithaca to make sure all those beastly players can make it ;)
thanks man, i def. wont book any date that conflicts with another tourney, this is just a ballpark veiw of the next tourney. we'll see when i can even rent out the place again. dont worry the second i do a new tourney thread will be up:chuckle:

also thanks for helping picking up people too, very kool.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
thanks man, i def. wont book any date that conflicts with another tourney, this is just a ballpark veiw of the next tourney. we'll see when i can even rent out the place again. dont worry the second i do a new tourney thread will be up:chuckle:

also thanks for helping picking up people too, very kool.
hmmm... If its right before thanksgiving, I probly cant make it, and if it lies between dec 17th and jan 20th I cant make it, because ill be home for winter break(i would assume any of the other college kids will be as well). Just sayin, do whatever you have to.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i search through all the surrounding tourneys and come up with a concencus for a good date. trust me ill work with most of you guys so that everyone can make it back for syracuse smash 2!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
From the what san was saying at the fest. Hes probably way to busy to even attend more tourneys. His school load is a lot to handle. I doubt he even practiced much for this tourney. And from what i heard goggles had to beg him to come on out for this 1 Lol. Hopefully we'll see more of san though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL @ INUI
san will wreck you, because you dont know the match up....it has taken me since the start of brawl to learn the match up and be able to beat san consitently........me vs san is probably the best match to watch since we know each other so well
More ignorance from...some guy. :laugh:

altairian

Smash Lord
Inui, really, just stop posting in this thread. You weren't at the tourney, you only really know 1 guy that was, and you've already given your 2 cents to him. And like HE SAID, you weren't there, you haven't seen San play, so don't be ignorant and assume you know anything about him.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, really, just stop posting in this thread. You weren't at the tourney, you only really know 1 guy that was, and you've already given your 2 cents to him. And like HE SAID, you weren't there, you haven't seen San play, so don't be ignorant and assume you know anything about him.

I have every right to post here. It's people like you that started attacking me and ganging up on me. I have to defend myself against ignorance. I stated that Snake vs Ike is hopeless for Ike (which it is if the Snake just camps with grenades and shields Ike's moves). I stated that there are other contenders for best Ike, which made you regionally biased get your panties in a bunch. That is all.

altairian

Smash Lord
Actually, I think a few good teams sets/matches are around... Inui/ChuDat vs Seibrik/Afro from last winter was pretty good. Maybe some WHOBO 1 stuff of Inui/Mew2King vs amazing teams. Idk, I don't usually check. Definitely nothing good in singles besides me beating Atomsk, Bum, and NinjaLink at a tournament...last October.

I suck at being portrayed well in vids. :(

So, how about that Ike winning a tournament? Ike's my favorite character.

I'd like to **** play San in Ike dittos. :)
Pretty sure I took Mew2King (the actual best Ike and best player in the world) to last hit game five in tourny in Ike dittos, just sayin' :)
dont get upset now, San is a really good player, i didnt understand until i played him.
He is completely undefeated in low tier tournaments, which are popular over here and we definitely have the best low tier players in the world (Kai, MalcolmM, Snakeee, Shadow, Atomsk, Inui, Mew2King, Vex, Zucco...etc.)

I've fought his Ike a lot. It is the best Ike. I will put down any amount of money that he would beat anyone in Ike dittos or win any low tier tournament with his Ike. He is the best player in the world.

I have a looooooot of Ike ditto practice with him dating pretty far back. It's one of my strongest match-ups with Ike because of that, so I'm confident in beating "better" Ikes in it. I aim to be the best Ike in the nation.
You brought up "best ike" first. Nobody, not a single person in this thread other than you, has stated "x person is the best Ike". Go back to your ****ing hole already.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You brought up "best ike" first. Nobody, not a single person in this thread other than you, has stated "x person is the best Ike". Go back to your ****ing hole already.

I said I'd like to play San in Ike dittos, a match-up I have proven myself to be very skilled in. Someone said "San would **** you," which prompted me to present evidence to prove otherwise, like my experience with the best player in the world in them. Mew2King is on an entirely different level than players like San, and even me, so me stating that he's the best Ike makes complete sense. You can't fathom his skill until you play him. You fools then started fapping to San because of regional bias. Beating one good Snake doesn't make someone the best Ike. Sorry.

I'm already in my "hole." Why are you here with me?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
How can you even say that with no proof, or example of his playing? It's been said by many people, there are many unknown smashers that may likely be able to beat our pros. It seems to me that you rather like to pole jock on m2k though, constantly refering to him only as "The best player in the world".Not trying to take away from, or slander m2k, I'm in no position to criticize him. But if you have no proof of San's playing you can't assume that someone, even if it is Mew2King will automatically beat him in dittos. You seem to be a person of craving facts, proof, solid evidence, at least act like it when stating your own arguement. =/

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How can you even say that with no proof, or example of his playing? It's been said by many people, there are many unknown smashers that may likely be able to beat our pros. It seems to me that you rather like to pole jock on m2k though, constantly refering to him only as "The best player in the world".Not trying to take away from, or slander m2k, I'm in no position to criticize him. But if you have no proof of San's playing you can't assume that someone, even if it is Mew2King will automatically beat him in dittos. You seem to be a person of craving facts, proof, solid evidence, at least act like it when stating your own arguement. =/
Mew2King is the proven best player in the world. San is the one that has yet to prove himself. That is reality. The burden of proof is not on the seasoned veteran that has proven himself to be incredible in every Smash game with every character he touches. It is on the Ike main that doesn't travel whose only real accomplishment is beating one good Snake player twice. I'm sure San is great and all because beating good characters with Ike is extremely hard, but he's the unproven player because he's not that active and doesn't travel. I'd say Mew2King's wins over Vex's Bowser, Kai's Sonic, MalcolmM's Sonic, and my Ike mean more than San beating JesiahTEG.

altairian

Smash Lord
I said I'd like to play San in Ike dittos, a match-up I have proven myself to be very skilled in.
And a match-up that San likely has little experience in due to lack of Ike players everywhere. That doesn't make you the better player, just better at 1 matchup. Not rocket science.

Someone said "San would **** you," which prompted me to present evidence to prove otherwise, like my experience with the best player in the world in them. Mew2King is on an entirely different level than players like San, and even me, so me stating that he's the best Ike makes complete sense.
No, it does not make sense. M2K plays Ike against low tiers. Does M2K's Ike beat your snake? No? Okay then. Like was said above, you probably know the Ike ditto matchup better than San. That's just 1 matchup, and one that you won't ever encounter outside of low tier tourneys.

I'm going to refer you again to JesiahTEG's post on the first page. He said not to say anything until you've seen San play. This is coming from an extremely skilled and experienced smash player. Don't listen to me or anyone else for all I care, but listen to him, the man knows his **** and YOU know that.

You can't fathom his skill until you play him.
Right back at ya, bucko. San is good. That's the only point we've tried to make.

You fools then started fapping to San because of regional bias. Beating one good Snake doesn't make someone the best Ike. Sorry.
Funny, you came in here and pointed out EXACTLY why JesiahTEG's snake playstyle would cause him to lose to an Ike. So which is it, is he a good snake or did he play the matchup wrong?

And last but not least. Again. For the record. NOBODY IN THIS THREAD HAS CLAIMED SAN TO BE THE BEST IKE. We have only claimed him to be very good. Oh yeah, and you got butthurt cause someone said he could beat you. Are you oblivious to the concept of trash talk or are you just too stupid to not take it seriously?

altairian

Smash Lord
Mew2King is the proven best player in the world. San is the one that has yet to prove himself. That is reality. The burden of proof is not on the seasoned veteran that has proven himself to be incredible in every Smash game with every character he touches. It is on the Ike main that doesn't travel whose only real accomplishment is beating one good Snake player twice. I'm sure San is great and all because beating good characters with Ike is extremely hard, but he's the unproven player because he's not that active and doesn't travel. I'd say Mew2King's wins over Vex's Bowser, Kai's Sonic, MalcolmM's Sonic, and my Ike mean more than San beating JesiahTEG.
Regional bias?

He also beat Pikapika's pikachu and MK. (two separate sets)

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Note, I never said he could beat Mew2King, however, I support the fact that sinnce you haven't seen him play, and have no knowledge of his capability in dittos, you're basically still blind in tring to hinge to the fact that Mew2King is the best player in the world. You should also at least see him play before automatically assuming things. Also, I was speaking in terms of Dittos, you don't know what level his Ike is at, it could likely be above Mew2King's, it could likely be below Mew2King's. I'm not sure, but I'm not siding with either or them until I see a ditto, it's a stalemate IMO.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
And a match-up that San likely has little experience in due to lack of Ike players everywhere. That doesn't make you the better player, just better at 1 matchup. Not rocket science.
http://allisbrawl.com/medals.aspx?id=4424

I am...quite certain I am the better player. >_>;

No, it does not make sense. M2K plays Ike against low tiers. Does M2K's Ike beat your snake? No? Okay then. Like was said above, you probably know the Ike ditto matchup better than San. That's just 1 matchup, and one that you won't ever encounter outside of low tier tourneys.
Mew2King and I played Ike vs Snake both ways a lot at WHOBO since we trained a lot before and during it. The one that was Snake almost always won. Mew2King knows what he's doing with Ike in more match-ups than you think. He's not the best player in the world for nothing.

I'm going to refer you again to JesiahTEG's post on the first page. He said not to say anything until you've seen San play. This is coming from an extremely skilled and experienced smash player. Don't listen to me or anyone else for all I care, but listen to him, the man knows his **** and YOU know that.
JesiahTEG has a good point, but I am always skeptical of unproven players. People that don't travel usually lack experience to handle certain match-ups and the massive amount of pressure involved at large and difficult tournaments. San is likely to have such flaws preventing him from being truly great, but they could be remedied by being active. I am saying this based on...years of being involved in competitive Smash and never seeing some unproven player just show up and be the best.

Right back at ya, bucko. San is good. That's the only point we've tried to make.
No, you do not understand. San and Mew2King are not comparable players whatsoever. Mew2King is on another tier above everyone else. JesiahTEG will agree with me there.

Funny, you came in here and pointed out EXACTLY why JesiahTEG's snake playstyle would cause him to lose to an Ike. So which is it, is he a good snake or did he play the matchup wrong?
JesiahTEG is a good Snake. He's traveled and shown his skills. His only flaws are lack of experience causing him to choke and his lack of the willingness to camp forever. I can see exactly why JesiahTEG would lose to a very skilled Ike because I understand him as a player.

And last but not least. Again. For the record. NOBODY IN THIS THREAD HAS CLAIMED SAN TO BE THE BEST IKE. We have only claimed him to be very good. Oh yeah, and you got butthurt cause someone said he could beat you. Are you oblivious to the concept of trash talk or are you just too stupid to not take it seriously?
It doesn't need to be claimed directly. It was certainly implied.

Regional bias?

He also beat Pikapika's pikachu and MK. (two separate sets)
Yeah, and that's not really impressive. I beat Anther's Pikachu with my Ike and Anther is the best one in the world. The same Luigi that 2-0'd Pikapika got twostocked by my Ike in tournament.

Eh.

altairian

Smash Lord
It doesn't need to be claimed directly. It was certainly implied
Putting words in people's mouths much? You're the most biased person in this thread. By far.

Stating stupid **** like "oh he lacks experience in big tourneys so he'll probably have trouble with the higher pressure situation" makes you a moron. That's ****ing obvious to anyone who has ever competed in anything ever. We all badly want San to go to big tourneys to see how he does maining Ike. We think he will do well. Better than you think he will. Do we think he'll go and win a 200+ person tourney first try? Hell no, you'd be an idiot to think that. And you'd be a bigger idiot to think we think that.

Bottom line: San is a skilled player. And he has the balls to main Ike in unrestricted tourneys. How he compares to others is irrelevant to everyone but you Inui. So again, just stop.

Kantō

Smash Champion
okay guys enough about this, seriously, i will ask for the thread to be closed if it isnt stopped.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Stating stupid **** like "oh he lacks experience in big tourneys so he'll probably have trouble with the higher pressure situation" makes you a moron. That's ****ing obvious to anyone who has ever competed in anything ever.
No, it's not. This just proved that you don't really understand what I'm saying and lack understanding of competitive gaming.

I'll refrain from responding to everything else and actually hold back this time...

Kantō

Smash Champion
No, it's not. This just proved that you don't really understand what I'm saying and lack understanding of competitive gaming.

I'll refrain from responding to everything else and actually hold back this time...
please just drop it, EVERYBODY drop it....

Top Bottom