• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/29/07 - GIGABITS - Smashing Back into School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick's C0CK

Smash Journeyman
did i ever say i was better then him?

i just said he was an over confident ***** and got put where he belonged

just because he got 3rd at 3 crap tourneys doesnt mean hes that good either

the only reason he is good is because he plays with you and the rest of wato

otherwise he would suck,like me >.>
wow your a dumb**** and also why do you care that people think hungrybox is good? are you obsses with him to make him look bad?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
no your wrong shiz. thats not what happened at gigs. it was ok at FC because mathos was the next up in pools so he takes the spot. but hungry had to play dop 2 rounds into singles. there is no one to take his spot legally. shiz, your logic is completey wrong and isnt related to what happened at gigs.

cash mooney, it was illegal, if they played it or not, it wasnt a match on the tourney bracket, so at most, it would have to be a friendly...peace

-hiroshi
I disagree because this isn't the first time this has happened at Gigs. I remember 6 months ago my friend leafgreen entered the singles tournie and had to leave before it started. When matches were being called, he wasn't present to start his match so Skrach took his place in the tournament. Then Skrach had to fight Exarch in the second round of singles, and that wasn't very fair for Exarch because due to seeding points, he shouldn't have fought Skrach. But the match proceeded and Exarch got pushed to the loser's bracket. He was obviously unhappy, but since he's a level-headed guy, he took the loss and proceeded.

Now I don't know if this is the right way or the wrong way to go about this, but we should DEFINITELY decide on this by the next Gigs so that we never run into this problem again. And make it a solid rule. If a player leaves, should he be allowed to let someone else play for him, or should he forfeit all of his future matches?

The only thing that doesnt take skill is peach, when she fights ice climbers.
I believe this whole heartedly. I beat PB&J at this Gigs by using Peach and I didn't feel as though I deserved the win at all.

Because Brawl is Melee 2.0
It's true. There's a picture on the Brawl website that looks like Mario air-dodging. Potential wavedash anyone?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Wavedash is for melee players. In Brawl, all the characters are just going to teleport and kill each other with swords. Or did you not get the memo?

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
wow, I just looked at this thread since the night of the tourney and I had no idea what was goin on in this thread.

I did'nt mean for this to become a big session to rag on Hbox.....yo, I'm sorry man. I just wanted to have a chance at the tourney and I'm sorry for maybe going at it in the wrong way. The only reason I made it into a big issue at first is because after the match when you said it can't count, the guy said it was legal and to play on....then, 5 minutes later, he changed his mind and said it was illegal.

The match was good. Don't even worry about it because I have an ENOURNMOUS amount of practice against jiggs.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
I disagree because this isn't the first time this has happened at Gigs. I remember 6 months ago my friend leafgreen entered the singles tournie and had to leave before it started. When matches were being called, he wasn't present to start his match so Skrach took his place in the tournament. Then Skrach had to fight Exarch in the second round of singles, and that wasn't very fair for Exarch because due to seeding points, he shouldn't have fought Skrach. But the match proceeded and Exarch got pushed to the loser's bracket. He was obviously unhappy, but since he's a level-headed guy, he took the loss and proceeded.
no, your wrong too. how can you guys not see the difference. dop played to get to his spot, AND THEN they wanted to substitute another player. no way, thats not fair. skrach played as leafgreen, from the beginning. so he was working his way through the tournament from the beginning. all he took was the guys spot at the beginning. but in no way can a player just be substituted mid tourney. thats ridiculous. and for future tourneys, ofcourse we cant allow this. its so ridiculously unfair...peace

-hiroshi

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
wow, I just looked at this thread since the night of the tourney and I had no idea what was goin on in this thread.

I did'nt mean for this to become a big session to rag on Hbox.....yo, I'm sorry man. I just wanted to have a chance at the tourney and I'm sorry for maybe going at it in the wrong way. The only reason I made it into a big issue at first is because after the match when you said it can't count, the guy said it was legal and to play on....then, 5 minutes later, he changed his mind and said it was illegal.

The match was good. Don't even worry about it because I have an ENOURNMOUS amount of practice against jiggs.
its all good man.

At least you weren't talking any turkey jive.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
hes being over rated too much,hes not that good either...puff takes 2 things imo

mindgames and enuf skill to be able to recover for low distances

otherwise he doesnt take that much skill to use rly
All right, I have to say something about THIS. If Jigglypuff is so easy to play, why don't you use her next tourny? Come on, you should win no problem! :laugh:

So I sort of took offense to that. Whatever.

Zoro

Smash Champion
All right, I have to say something about THIS. If Jigglypuff is so easy to play, why don't you use her next tourny? Come on, you should win no problem! :laugh:

So I sort of took offense to that. Whatever.
I dislike jiggly puff very much so

regardless of how difficult it is to play jiggly
I think shes the gayest character in the game.

thats just my opinion

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I dislike jiggly puff very much so

regardless of how difficult it is to play jiggly
I think shes the gayest character in the game.

thats just my opinion
I kind of agree with you (I think Marth is of equal gayness, and Fox at times). But disparaging Jiggly players by saying she's so easy to use is kind of annoying.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
no your wrong shiz. thats not what happened at gigs. it was ok at FC because mathos was the next up in pools so he takes the spot. but hungry had to play dop 2 rounds into singles. there is no one to take his spot legally. shiz, your logic is completey wrong and isnt related to what happened at gigs.

cash mooney, it was illegal, if they played it or not, it wasnt a match on the tourney bracket, so at most, it would have to be a friendly...peace

-hiroshi

Oh, my bad man.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Random comments that I have to say, and then I'll let the thread die...

First of all, Lamby boy is now my new hero...just gonna throw that out there.

Second, Cash, why is it that you feel the need to keep discussing this, even though you haven't played Hbox in a while...and you didn't even come to this tourney? You are, by definition, ignorant about the events and Hbox's skill level...I must say i'm ignorant about how good he is too. haven't played him in a while...he's coming along nicely from what I saw, but has to learn to adapt his strats just a bit more...but that's pretty normal. He's not amazing, but he's not bad either, and to call him that discredits his skill and makes you look like an ignorant *******. Not that I'm saying anything against you. I just don't think it's your place here at all...

What happened was a bit shady...I'll say that. And hiroshi, the leafgreen thing was as well...that was back when they were using seeding points, so Skrach and Thomas had to play like first round...that was wrong...straight up. In my opinion, if a player forfeits or leaves mid-tourney (which should never really happen), that player should take losses on his next matches. That's still not completely fair, as the next people get byes, but I think it's the best option here. I'm not sure what to say about this particular case...I mean, Dop isn't exactly "bad" either...so yeah. while it was wrong, I really don't think it would have changed anything as far as this single match is concerned.

but what do I know? I'm just a nub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom