• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Brawl Patch: list the changes you want made

cutter

Smash Champion
Also for those of you calling me a Melee whiner, I actually like Brawl more than Melee. A 0.3 second hitstun is not that bad compared to the length of Melee's hitstun.
I'll say this again.

If you add more hitstun, you will make MK the only viable character in tournament play. He will become so broken because once you land one hit with MK, he'll land several more hits and result in easy 0-death combos.

If you want to increase hitstun, you have to distribute it so characters like MK get none and CF gets most of it.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I'll say this again.

If you add more hitstun, you will make MK the only viable character in tournament play. He will become so broken because once you land one hit with MK, he'll land several more hits and result in easy 0-death combos.

If you want to increase hitstun, you have to distribute it so characters like MK get none and CF gets most of it.
Then obviously MK will be balanced out.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Pit already has a reflector. He doesn't need a second one.
Zero Suit Samus doesn't need two tethers, but she has two, and she's the only character in Brawl to have two. These are the Plasma Whip (Forward+B) and the Plasma Wire (Up+B). While we're at it, Samus has three kinds of projectile, so let's take one or two away. After all, she already has one, so why does she need another?

Pit, like Zero Suit Samus, is unique in having two things that do the same thing. The Angel Ring is used for offense, while the Mirror Shield is used for defense. No doubt both reflect, but one can only cause damage, even if there isn't anything to reflect.

Let's say that you're running at your opponent, and your opponent has projectile. Your opponent begins to fire his or her projectile. By the time you put up your Mirror Shield, you'll already be hit. This is where the Angel Ring comes in, because when you're running, all you have to do to set up your Angel Ring is tap neutral B.

From what I have seen, Pit has fine KO potential as well as some gimping ability.
His b-air is deadly, but it's a bit slow. His u-air is impressive and can KO. His f-smash is good, but if rolled out of the way, he's easily punished. His gl-air can KO opponents sometimes. I agree, but you need to know that Pit's attack power is quite low compared to other characters.

I wanted Angel Ring buffed as well as nerfed. Palutena's Arrows are ridiculously fast as well as maneuverable. As many people have stated, you 'press B for damage' with Pit.
"[Y]ou 'press B for damage' with" any character. Who cares if it's quick and maneuverable? Only those who can't stand getting hit. It does what, 5% damage? The more it's used, the more the power decays anyway. What is more, it can't KO, unless your opponent is so far out and close to the boundry line, or if your opponent is Pit, and if that Pit uses the Wings of Icarus. (I actually defeated another Pit that way. I laughed.)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I agree with what Ppl have said about Pit. Also, noone addressed my comment:

I think Pit is actually quite balanced. I dont understand why ppl dislike him having two reflectors. So you get rid of the Angel Ring reflector, Ill just use my Mirror shield. Ppl make it sound as if it is so broken when its not. Take away one, I will still own you with the other. Its nice to have but its not going to make Pit any better or any worse a character.

You should focus your efforts on something worth changing like MK. He needs the arrow damage to rack up damage. Pit is designed to rack up damage fast so he can use his Kill moves (which are hard to pull off)

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I don't want to continue arguing about Pit, and as I stated, I would change my list if people agreed enough on a change. If a non-Pit main will agree with your posts, I'll change him to say he's a well-balanced character.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't want to continue arguing about Pit, and as I stated, I would change my list if people agreed enough on a change. If a non-Pit main will agree with your posts, I'll change him to say he's a well-balanced character.
Well, if you ask kupo15 (cool guy) up there about who I play as, you'll know that I main Samus, and Pit is my secondary. I think I am qualified for speaking about Pit. :)

We should change is taunt, though. "You're not ready yet," is kind of harsh, don't you think? Especially when you win, he either says, "You can't defeat me" or "Too easy!" Haha!

Don't worry about it, SwastikaPyle. I, like kupo15, think that Pit is fine the way he is, though I can agree with 0RLy (also a cool guy) that Pit's Wings of Icarus should have increased speed.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
Lucas
Decrease the end lag on his grab. It's simply absurd how long it stays out.
Get rid of his chain-grabability.

Snail

Smash Lord
Remove tripping, reduce the damage on all of MKs attacks by 4% or something (save his jabs of course), make him slightly slower and reduce whorenado's priority. Remove mortar sliding, reduce knockback on Snake's tilts. Less priority on G&W. Remove D3's standing infinite on 5 characters. Remove laser lock, grab release infinites, nerf Falco's chaingrab so you can't follow it up with a dair (>_>), make tethers grab the freaking ledge after bumping someone off, restore the Knee of Glory, restore Rest, and add some stages. :D

:034:

Smash Hero
Change it into Melee with Brawl's characters, graphics and buffer system.

You know I'm right.

dowingba

Smash Rookie
They should make it so Snake and Metaknight don't do any damage. Ever. And make it so Samus is played in first person view. Sounds reasonable enough. Oh, and Link should only be able to jump when he's near a ledge.

Mentally Disturbed

Smash Apprentice
- Reduce Ice Climber's D-Smash damage (seriously, it hits for 38% uncharged and 54% fully charged if all the strikes hit) by a lot (perhaps by about 40-45%).
- Remove weaker hit from Bowser's F-Smash (I think it's the first one, but whichever it is it brings its damage to about 31% uncharged and 44% fully charged). Change to have the F-Smash do just one hit (about 23-25% uncharged and 33% charged)

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Change it into Melee with Brawl's characters, graphics and buffer system.

You know I'm right.
Yes! Yes! *starts crying cuz I know this will never happen*

I would love this so much. Some of the changes can stay though, like Marth getting somewhat nerfed, Fox getting nerfed, and overpowered characters getting nerfed..

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
I think all hitstun should be increased by like 1.3x - 1.7x. This would allow for MANY combos but not so many that the game would be just a combo fest. Then there could be so many possibilities with combos with the combination of DI and different moves omg it's giving me a SMASHGASM thinking about it.

Then BYE BYE tripping.

Maybe an ariel cancel technique? Z and L cancels where so fun to learn and do I miss them sometimes. Though my L button on my GC controller and my Z button for N64 controller do NOT miss them lol.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi: Make Neutral B a tether recovery and able to eat items
Wario: Eating items actually makes waft charge faster

Make all tether recoveries work properly.

Top Bottom