• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.C.T tourney march 8th (mario pro) Regeistering now!

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Cool Story, S.D, only one problem: no one asked for your opinion. You read the rules, now be a good boy and follow them.

Waste useless posts on another thread.

Throwback

Smash Lord
As the senior (oldest) ACT player I'm using my veto on this rule. Henceforth rule #2 shall read:

Rule #2: The practice of ledge-hogging (occupying a ledge before your opponent in order to stop him from recovering) is a skill that is part of a greater skillset, that of ledgeguarding in general. ACT players recognise that ledge-hogging requires precise timing and prediction, unlike choosing MK. The analogy used is that of CS:Source - choosing the AWP (ie MK) gives you a ridiculous adavantage. Learning to headshot (ie ledge-hog) consistently is the application of skill.

Use of ledge-hogging will therefore be applauded by all ACT players, particularly if it is used to take a stock off a characters with a ****ty recovery, e.g. Ike. Failure to ledge-hog will result in comments about the noobish mindset of the opponent and their obvious mental deficencies.

S.D

Smash Master
Waste useless threads on another forum.
Agreed.

Cool Story, S.D, only one problem: no one asked for your opinion. You read the rules, now be a good boy and follow them.

Waste useless posts on another thread.
I won't be following your ****ty ruleset because I cbf coming all the way to Canberra just to beat you in smash and kick you in the head.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, getting a bit out of hand...
dw katzen's a nice guy irl and sd is fair pro
I'm honored that jaz has posted in my thread, the wise old sage has spoken.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
I won't be following your ****ty ruleset because I cbf coming all the way to Canberra just to beat you in smash and kick you in the head.
Awesome, kiddo, I'll expect you to deliver on that threatened kick in the head should we ever meet.

Hopefully your threat won't be as empty as I expect many other aspects of your life might be. But enough about you, yeah?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Awesome, kiddo, I'll expect you to deliver on that threatened kick in the head should we ever meet.

Hopefully your threat won't be as empty as I expect many other aspects of your life might be. But enough about you, yeah?
lol zier your a ******

tedeth

Smash Master
Is this Katzen guy like mentally ******** or something? He's had 3 posts and he's already acting like a ******** to one of nsw most respected smash players.

Jaz

Smash Ace
LOL wise sage!

who set me up to be the cliché wise old man with the beard or the great deku tree...
and i didn't build the sydney scene on my own, i just introduced enthusiastic people to there counter parts.
The people that wanted to play, cause if people want to play then the scene is already there.
you just have to find them, in there houses at their jobs... find them.

now you got me talking like a farking sage well a perverted sage.... no more sage labels!

i'm scared to find out what a "Jazhug" is, anyone been to melbourne and been UpB'd?
i'm allowed to be worried about custom smash greetings thats all i'm saying XD

unreon

Smash Ace
To Those Attending the March 8th "Mario Pro" Tournament,

If you haven't already inferred the fact, you may call me Katzenjammer, Katzen, or Katz (whichever you prefer). I am a resident of Canberra, Brawl Player and past psuedo-competitor in the last Canberra tournament (Shaya, you'll remember me as that guy who death-stared at you until you stopped talking).

As many of you are aware, there is a tournament being hosted by Luke Atyeo in Canberra. Concerning this, there have been a number of references in earlier threads to the as-of-yet not fully explained "Canberra Rules" that will be in effect and enforced for the duration of the competition. As a co-developer of the Canberra Rules (refered to hereafter as "The Rules") and friend of Luke (i.e. the host of the event, in case you had missed that bit), I offered to post a piece explaining the rules and their implications for the benefit of you, the Competitors (refered to hereafter as "randies").

As such, here are The Rules (unabridged, and non-negotiable):

Rule #1: Any randies who use Meta-Knight during any tournament match (warm-ups excluded) will recieve a punch to the face delivered by Rein, or a Canberran competitor in lieu of him. If multiple Canberran parties are present, the person who delivers the punch will be decided randomly (dice roll). This punch may be delivered on the spot, without warning, from the instant Meta-Knight is selected. It may also be reserved and delivered at any time during the match in which Meta-Knight is used.

Match results that may have been altered by the administration of the punch are to be considered fair and valid outcomes. Subsequent knock-outs (tournament or otherwise) are the responsibility of the randie(s) using Meta-Knight. It is recommended that "Falcon Punch!" is yelled upon the administration of the punch for added effect.

Any punches dodged, parried, blocked or missed are to be re-attempted. Glancing hits are only to be re-attempted if the randie appears to be making a facial expression that does not suggest pain, as judged by the randie's opponent.

-------------------------------CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED----------------------------------------

Rule #2: The practice of ledge-hogging (occupying a ledge before your opponent in order to stop him from recovering) is frowned upon. It is accepted that it may only be used by randies using Samus, as there is really no other hope for her. Any randies not using Samus who employ ledge-hogging during a tournament match (warm-ups excluded) is assumed to be a heterosexual woman who has come to the competition in order to impress the other randies into sleeping with her. Comments about her appearance, sexuality, and suggestions of an obscene nature are obligatory.

Rule #3: Marth is actually a woman. Any randie(s) who uses Marth in a tournament match (warm-ups excluded) are assumed to be a deluded, permiscuous 29-year-old woman desperately trying to convince herself that she's still young and attractive. Comments about her appearance, sexuality, and queries about recent STD and pregnancy tests are obligatory.

Rule #4: Chain-throws and infinites are considered a form of masturbation. It is assumed that any randies using chain-throws or infinites have the uncontrollable urge to masturbate. Public masturbation is both illegal and disgusting; as such, chain-throws and infinites are banned. Using chain-throws or infinites will result in penalties.

Rule #5: Snake is overpowered. Winning with Snake is like winning at a pie-eating contest: everyone hopes you choke. If you use Snake, it is assumed that you are loud, fat, have red hair, and cannot win any other way. Comments about weight, body odour, and fire-related erectile dysfunction are obligatory.

Rule #6: Randies using Mario or Luigi in a tournment match (warm-ups excluded) are assumed to be excellent players worthy of our respect. These randies are to be referred to collectively as "Mario Pros". Extra bonus points may be awarded to Mario/Luigi players at the discretion of the host (not likely).

Rule #7: Tie-breaker matches (not sudden death) are to be played using Gannondorf only. The only attack permissible in this case is Gannondorf's stomp (Down+A while in air). Any other form of attack used in the match emasculates the user to the point of gender-transition. Comments concerning group sex and inter-species erotica are obligatory.

Rule #8: If any randie(s) should win a tournament having used only Captain Falcon, they are to be immediately awarded 10,000 Internets and infinite girlfriends.

The Rules are subject to change without notice. Any changes to the rules will be posted here. It is the responsibility of the randies to keep informed of updates and changes. Any queries can be posted in this thread, or directed to Luke Atyeo or Katzen. Suggestions and changes will be decided by the Canberran Smash community as a whole.

It is a condition of entry to the Canberra "Mario Pro" Tournament that you accept The Rules. By entering the Tournament you acknowledge that you have read and understand The Rules, will follow the Rules for the duration of the Tournament, and accept sole responsibility (civil and legal) for any injury sustained through the use of Meta-Knight.

There you have it; make sure you understand The Rules fully before making any stupid decisions.

If you haven't already inferred the fact, you may call me Katzenjammer, Katzen, or Katz (whichever you prefer). I am a resident of Canberra, Brawl Player and past psuedo-competitor in the last Canberra tournament (Shaya, you'll remember me as that guy who death-stared at you until you stopped talking).

As many of you are aware, there is a tournament being hosted by Luke Atyeo in Canberra. Concerning this, there have been a number of references in earlier threads to the as-of-yet not fully explained "Canberra Rules" that will be in effect and enforced for the duration of the competition. As a co-developer of the Canberra Rules (refered to hereafter as "The Rules") and friend of Luke (i.e. the host of the event, in case you had missed that bit), I offered to post a piece explaining the rules and their implications for the benefit of you, the Competitors (refered to hereafter as "randies").

Rule #1: Any randies who use Meta-Knight during any tournament match (warm-ups excluded) will recieve a punch to the face delivered by Rein, or a Canberran competitor in lieu of him. If multiple Canberran parties are present, the person who delivers the punch will be decided randomly (dice roll). This punch may be delivered on the spot, without warning, from the instant Meta-Knight is selected. It may also be reserved and delivered at any time during the match in which Meta-Knight is used.

Match results that may have been altered by the administration of the punch are to be considered fair and valid outcomes. Subsequent knock-outs (tournament or otherwise) are the responsibility of the randie(s) using Meta-Knight. It is recommended that "Falcon Punch!" is yelled upon the administration of the punch for added effect.

Any punches dodged, parried, blocked or missed are to be re-attempted. Glancing hits are only to be re-attempted if the randie appears to be making a facial expression that does not suggest pain, as judged by the randie's opponent.

-------------------------------CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED----------------------------------------

Rule #2: The practice of ledge-hogging (occupying a ledge before your opponent in order to stop him from recovering) is frowned upon. It is accepted that it may only be used by randies using Samus, as there is really no other hope for her. Any randies not using Samus who employ ledge-hogging during a tournament match (warm-ups excluded) is assumed to be a heterosexual woman who has come to the competition in order to impress the other randies into sleeping with her. Comments about her appearance, sexuality, and suggestions of an obscene nature are obligatory.

Rule #3: Marth is actually a woman. Any randie(s) who uses Marth in a tournament match (warm-ups excluded) are assumed to be a deluded, permiscuous 29-year-old woman desperately trying to convince herself that she's still young and attractive. Comments about her appearance, sexuality, and queries about recent STD and pregnancy tests are obligatory.

Rule #4: Chain-throws and infinites are considered a form of masturbation. It is assumed that any randies using chain-throws or infinites have the uncontrollable urge to masturbate. Public masturbation is both illegal and disgusting; as such, chain-throws and infinites are banned. Using chain-throws or infinites will result in penalties.

Rule #5: Snake is overpowered. Winning with Snake is like winning at a pie-eating contest: everyone hopes you choke. If you use Snake, it is assumed that you are loud, fat, have red hair, and cannot win any other way. Comments about weight, body odour, and fire-related erectile dysfunction are obligatory.

Rule #6: Randies using Mario or Luigi in a tournment match (warm-ups excluded) are assumed to be excellent players worthy of our respect. These randies are to be referred to collectively as "Mario Pros". Extra bonus points may be awarded to Mario/Luigi players at the discretion of the host (not likely).

Rule #7: Tie-breaker matches (not sudden death) are to be played using Gannondorf only. The only attack permissible in this case is Gannondorf's stomp (Down+A while in air). Any other form of attack used in the match emasculates the user to the point of gender-transition. Comments concerning group sex and inter-species erotica are obligatory.

Rule #8: If any randie(s) should win a tournament having used only Captain Falcon, they are to be immediately awarded 10,000 Internets and infinite girlfriends.

The Rules are subject to change without notice. Any changes to the rules will be posted here. It is the responsibility of the randies to keep informed of updates and changes. Any queries can be posted in this thread, or directed to Luke Atyeo or Katzen. Suggestions and changes will be decided by the Canberran Smash community as a whole.

It is a condition of entry to the Canberra "Mario Pro" Tournament that you accept The Rules. By entering the Tournament you acknowledge that you have read and understand The Rules, will follow the Rules for the duration of the Tournament, and accept sole responsibility (civil and legal) for any injury sustained through the use of Meta-Knight.

There you have it; make sure you understand The Rules fully before making any stupid decisions.

So.

Valentine's Day.

No plans, huh?

S.D

Smash Master

Dw, 'kiddo', I'll be sure to deliver just as soon as I find out who you are. It shouldn't be too hard to spot the fat inbred ****** sitting alone in the corner trying to suck his own virgin chode ****.

unreon

Smash Ace
Gosh, raining on Valentine's! EEEEK terrible weather.

Poor Turts who wanted a picnic lol. I took my lady to the aquarium, ate Japanese (sick of japan!), swapped love letters, and strolled through the Chinese gardens.

Hope other people are having fun on V-Day too!

aka. virgin-day.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Katzen shut the **** up you inbred fat ****.

Judging from your avatar you're probably one of those fat lifeless people who dress like goth/emos to seek out attention from other goth/emos who seek out attention. Dude if I was still in Australia I would actually purposely come to the tournament to watch Sam kick you in the face, followed by one with me and probably every other dude who has some self-worth.

Internet tough guy thinking your funny with your 'ruleset'.
I'd actually play Brawl and choose MetaKnight so you could try to punch me and I'd have more of a purpose to shove my fist straight into your teeth.

Happy virgin day Shaya, Booker, Gords, Katzen and whoever else plays Brawl.

EDIT: <3 Unny! So cute with his woman love.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Angst (n.)
An acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety; usually reserved for philosophical anxiety about the world or about personal freedom.

Don't think too hard now, you may hurt yourselves. :)

Top Bottom