• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.C.T tourney march 8th (mario pro) Regeistering now!

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Lol, theres an angry crowd here :p, anyways, I'm a definite (I think ;)), unless parents get church crazy on me. Anyways, I've scratched myself off the roster for stuff that day, and I'll be there. I hope.

Bottom line : confirm :).

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
epic fail for not adhering to dress code
I know, right?

It was like being at a private school and seeing the school-skirts everywhere and expecting to find some hot chicks, but realizing that the school is actually a beach, you're a baby seal and the schoolgirls are clubbing you to death with their sheer ugliness.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It was like being at a private school and seeing the school-skirts everywhere and expecting to find some hot chicks, but realizing that the school is actually a beach, you're a baby seal and the schoolgirls are clubbing you to death with their sheer ugliness.
Why would schoolgirls be clubbing a baby seal?

unreon

Smash Ace
Why would schoolgirls be clubbing a baby seal?
He's using a metaphor, see. Because the school is like a beach, and if you were on this beach you'd be the seal. And personification of their ugliness hurts you so much it's like being a baby seal being clubbed to death.

Katzen is displaying his wit and rhetoric, see.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol at people calling him annoying and then giving him attention.
on a more tourney based note, we need more hype and attendance.
meteor you should come and use ness,
I'm going to be using luigi at this tourney (omg I know right?)
and maybe snake in the finals, maybe.

me and ricky will low tier **** in tribute to toby

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
lol at people calling him annoying and then giving him attention.
Someone finally notices the inherent contradiction in the people who post here. It always makes me giggle when people claim to despise things they can't seem to stop discussing.

+1 Internet for you, ranga. :]

Back on topic though, could you (Luke) please post a list of the people who are currently confimed/pending competitors for March 8th, and edit it or whatever when you have updates?

This will probably help you more than anyone else, but I'd bet there are other people interested at any rate.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Back on topic though, could you (Luke) please post a list of the people who are currently confimed/pending competitors for March 8th, and edit it or whatever when you have updates?

This will probably help you more than anyone else, but I'd bet there are other people interested at any rate.
also you (luke) might notice that pluging in a controller will help you to better control your character. This will probably help you more than your TV.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
how can you be interested in brawl? there's no double thunders combos and its boring as **** and for noobs it was specifically designed to be a party game for 14 year old girls

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, whilst I disagree with you turt I gotta say that double thunders combo was pretty ****ing good.
anyways zier such a list already exists on the op, and has always existed even in the first tourney.
-1 Internets for you.

also ranga's have orange hair, I have red brown hair.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
how can you be interested in brawl? there's no double thunders combos and its boring as **** and for noobs it was specifically designed to be a party game for 14 year old girls
I completely agree with you, ComboTurtle, there should be a group of teenaged girls at the tournament. And they should be having a party. A slumber party. With pillow fighting.

Also they should be making out with eachother.

This tournament keeps getting better.

Gords

Smash Champion
bus, either Sunday night or Monday morning depending if I can stay with luke or not. Unfortunately though the last bus on Sunday leaves at 7:30 which is before the end of the tourney.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm bringing a wii and 3 tv's, I'll be getting js's wii off him, silfa said he'd bring a wii, you and jambo said you'd bring a tv and a wii so thats 5 which should be enough, there's also that tv in the room in needed.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's ok. I don't mind what you think so long as you stick to forum rules.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
it is cao I still need my revenge from all the way back at scabs!!!
act is still pretty small time though, give it a while before you consider a visit I reckon.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ok just a last minute reminder,
tourney starts at 10:00 am, the first 30 mins are for friendly's warm ups and registration after that we start with doubles and then singles, tourney ends somewhere around 7:45 PM so I can pack up and be ready to leave at 8.
entry fee is $15 and prizes are dependent on number of entrants.

apparently some of you are planning on bringing friends or people you know who play this game, this is encouraged however it would be nice if I had a general idea how many more people are gonna show up, and finally if anyone else can bring a wii or tv it would be much appreciated.
thank you and see you there

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
holy **** throwback comes out of nowhere with this crazy dk **** and pwned me and gords.
sunday is gonna be mad

Throwback

Smash Lord
I agree, last night was epic! Heaps of fun to pwn some people for once.

like I said DK used to be my main before I switched to samus. Switching back tho I think, DK is just so much better it's ridiculous. I want practice against your Snake tho, need to learn that match-up.

Silfa

Smash Ace
DK. :)

it's a shame that i haven't been able to make any meets recently, I'll try and get to some more. Looking forward to tomorrow though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah thats right silfa has a mad dk too, you guys should have a dk meet, no snakes allowed :(

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
w00t, awesome tourney...again :).
Many thanks to luke :), isaac's DK is freakin scary :p

And incidentally: Smash child yay!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Mario Pro Results

Singles

1: tedeth (wolf)
2: luke (luigi/snake... luigi much more than snake ;) especially against tedeth)
3: bogoron (Wario)
4: silfa (mario and DK)
5: jambo (mario)
5: Katzenjammer (Ike)
7: rein (lucario/wolf)
7: luffy (marth)

doubles

1: doom lobsters (silfa + Tedeth) (mario and wolf)
2: super mario brothers (jambo + luke) (mario and luigi)
3: I fight for my friends (Throwback and Katzenjammer) (DK and Ike)
4: Ike and his girlfriend (JS + Luffy) (Ike and Marth)
5: Death of the Incredible Pimps (bogoron + the grum reaper) (Wario and Pikachu)
5: Kaptain KONG (rein + ben) (captain Falcon and Dk/marth)

Crews

TEAM I Fight for my Super Mario Brothers

Silfa (mario)
Jambo (mario)
Luke (snake)
Throwback (Samus)
Katzenjammer (ike - didnt get to play :( )

TEAM We're too gay to have a name

Bogoron (wario)
Luffy (Marth)
Tedeth (Ice Climbers)
Gords (Diddy Kong)
The Grum Reaper (Pikachu)

Results: Team I Fight for my Super Mario Bros. won by 4 stocks. get pwned

tourney was a round robin, everyone played 11 matches then finals
Tedeth won a tourney before shaya and only lost 1 match the entire time to my luigi
29 wins 1 loss.
what a pro

Top Bottom