• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A man can dream - An original character for Super Smash Bros. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
It's always an idea I've been fond of the idea. Super Smash Bros. is a Nintendo series, so why not have Smash Bros. itself repped with a playable character? People suggest Primid or Tabuu, but an original character would probably be a better way to go. It honestly wouldn't be that big a shock to the system, the Smash Bros. series has had a number of original characters - Master Hand, Polygons, Fighting Wire Frames, Crazy Hand, Tabuu, Primids... it just happens that none of them have been playable. Having Tabuu playable after beating would actually have made a lot of sense.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
NO. Just NO. People will HATE the idea. SSB is a Nintendo All-Stars game featuring several fighters from several titles. It's not a fighting game that consists of bringing in original concepts for characters, like in SSF. Imagine the reaction from people: one of their favorite characters couldn't get in, all because a slot was taken by an original character, whom nobody has ever heard of before or even cared about? It would be a crap sandwich nobody would want to eat.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I would like
Dr Bowser
Paper Dr. Bowser
Dr. Bowser Jr.
Paper Dr. Bowser Jr.
Dr. King Boo
Paper Dr. King Boo
Zero Suit Marth
Zero Suit King Boo
Zero Suit Demise

D

Deleted member

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea. Super Smash Bros. is a rather popular series in it of itself, so I guess that is some justification to have a Smash character in Smash.

I would actually love to play as the Master Hand in some special mode rather than using some hacks or glitches.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It's not something that I REALLY want, but Tabuu and/or Master Hand would be cool.
After all, Smash is made to reflect Nintendo's history, and Super Smash Bros is a big part of that history.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If it was an anthroporphization of master hand, and it was REALLY cool, and DLC, then OK.
Otherwise, nope.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Judging by how well Sandbag did in the Rate their chances game, pretty much everyone is firmly in the "No" catogary.

Arguably Giga Bowser is a Smash Bros. Melee Original that you can sort of play now in Brawl. Does that count?

D

Deleted member

This is a concept that totally hasn't had a bunch of threads made before.

But to seriously post, it depends.

-Is it an original character never before seen? If so, no.
-Is it a previously existing Smash character? If so, yes to Master Hand and Master Hand only.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I've always had this idea of a Mario Kart game with original characters. The only established Mario characters would be the big 8, the rest would be Mario Kart only characters. In my head it's such a fantastic idea, but probably not something Nintendo would do.

But to answer your question, this kinda idea doesn't make any sense for a game like Smash Bros, which is why I really dislike Tabuu. The reason the Master Hand works is because he's a generic white glove. Not really a "character".

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I have no problem with an original character if they are needed/ created for the purpose of the single player mode. So if they are like a midboss for classic or are a large part of adventure mode, I would be all for it. But they have to have a good design. Tabuu had a terrible design.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I always thought Ruby Heart was pretty cool in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and its not like there weren't a billion Marvel or Capcom characters they could have used instead of creating her. On the other hand, Smash is a very different game, and it has a smaller roster. So while I'm not against the idea in theory, I'd have to say I wouldn't be too nuts about it being implemented in SSB4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As there were three separate threads to the discuss the topic of an original character, they have been merged together. If you should happen to find any more, let me know.

And to those OPs, please check for existing threads before creating inadvertent duplicates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom