• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A message for the whiners

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
There was one with almost the exact same title just a few days ago and the guy got flamed to death and I think a mod closed it.

Of course I'm probably making all that up, but I seem to remember it. I don't like the mods here at all.
Then don't come here if you don't like the mods, go to the Nsider forums on Nintendo.com.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
There was one with almost the exact same title just a few days ago and the guy got flamed to death and I think a mod closed it.

Of course I'm probably making all that up, but I seem to remember it. I don't like the mods here at all.
Only in the mods in smashboards control spam and encourage debate. If you've seen gamefaqs you'd know what I'm talking about(no offense to gamefaqs), but the thread list gets spammed by the second.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
it's not a question of i'm afraid of someone with a higher rank per say but I just don't look around to see all these other threads with the same topic so therefore I agreed because it was my first seen post that had a sense of the same pwn justice as I

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Those people don't annoy me, I just skip over their posts. It's not like someone's tied you to a chair, taped your eyes open and put a gun to your head forcing you to read post after post of "OMG SSBB SuX gimME A ReaL UPDATE aB0UT SAWNIC". Ignoring those people is just easier to do than ranting about them, no matter how much they make your blood boil. I mean, do you really expect them to read this thread and say "wow, Im selfish, SSBB is awesome, etc."? I doubt this thread will do anything but waste forums space.

...Though, I bet that rant felt good. =P

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
It's funny how when someone posts an exact replica of this kind of thread, they basically get flamed, but when a GM does it he gets praised. XD

And sure sure, I agree, but aren't there enough of these threads?
I agree. I swear I saw a thread similar to this today or yesterday, and infact posted in it. Now if I made another thread similar to that one, Mic would probably close the topic with a witty remark, but if a Moderator makes a thread it's alright?
No offence to RyokoYaksa , but couldn't you have atleast posted a link to the thread similar to this one?

IllidR

Smash Champion
Bravo, it does get annoying to see all the complaints. I do think alot of them though are from a lack of patience, not that they don't like what' they're getting, but that they'd like something else like a character update.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I swear I saw a thread similar to this today or yesterday, and infact posted in it. Now if I made another thread similar to that one, Mic would probably close the topic with a witty remark, but if a Moderator makes a thread it's alright?
No offence to RyokoYaksa , but couldn't you have atleast posted a link to the thread similar to this one?
I went back to look for the thread you were talking about. It was a few pages back.

The reason it was closed was because it devolved into a back-and-forth flame war. It wasn't closed because of the subject of the post. It even got to 105 posts before getting closed. It wasn't because that one was started by a "regular" poster and this one a mod.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
The complaining would be fully justified if Sakurai and his team openly frequented this site to check out what we thought. He doesn't; and in comparison to the number of Smash copies sold, the competitive community is a small fraction.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I went back to look for the thread you were talking about. It was a few pages back.

I went back to look for the thread you were talking about. It was a few moments later that I realized that I love you and want to kiss you softly every three days. In a perfectly straight way of course.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
In the recent months of watching these rooms, I've come to see many anticipations for Brawl, particularly through the updates releaved the the Dojo. It's good to share one's honest feelings with others. What really grinds my gears though, are the complaints, whining, and general *****ing and moaning of members who are clearly mistaken of the realities of game development or marketing.

1. Understanding division of labor
Here's a simple question I think everyone can understand: Would you put the group in charge of balancing your game's mechanics to work on the game's art direction? Or vice-versa? If the answer is Yes, then forcefully hit yourself in the face with your keyboard until the answer becomes No. A notable product of such a misconception would be the Stickers update.

-And no, an extensive single player mode will not detract from the multiplayer. Single-player has been a stab wound in need of treatment since Smash 64.
If they feel that Brawl's multiplayer is "complete," guess what? That's it. They will move on to other things, and leave their completed projects to the testers. They too, work on a similar schedule of "test till they feel it's done." They'll only go back to it if they're bored. That often isn't possible due to time constraints, which are the same plague even if less content was being produced. The testing is often the phase that is waited on before going gold, after all.

2. The Dojo Updates and Game Content
Guess what? You're not the only person in this world whom Nintendo wishes to sell this game to. Casual players of the game exist. In fact, they greatly outnumber the competive playerbase. A great many aspects of the game are being revealed through the updates on the Dojo, designed to be revealed in a pattern which will appeal to many groups of people. The minor updates will inevitably outnumber the major ones. To keep suspense, it's likely that not every major thing will be revealed by the time Brawl hits the shelves. But it comes to a point where people accuse the updates of "sucking" or "a waste of time" that again, touches my nerves. Chances are, this is coming from the competitive players.

You have the gall to harshly complain that these updates are crap? Tell me, what is the alternative? Either nothing, or the infequent pictures or videos we get through sites like IGN. You're already receiving a free service that is above and beyond the call of duty of a game developer. Actually complaining about it only serves to show one thing: you are selfish, and you're clearly not aware that a game's fan base consists of more people than you.

The rest of my family would more than likely not even be interested in playing this game if it wasn't for good single player (they eventually get bored of getting owned) or the opportunity to mess around with earnable collectibles such as stickers. What makes a game sell and achieve good scores (thus keeping a reputation afloat) is the ability to instill wide appeal. The features being revealed serve just that purpose. And you're actually complaining about them as if they'll take away from other parts of the game.

In short, I can sum up this rant in three, very simple words:

GET. OVER. YOURSELVES.
/rant off
I think you should not hate that kind of ppl...

the reason? thanks to them we can make a debate here.

do u prefer to see ppl saying: I love todays update?.... NO

So you might rethink your words, SmashBoards and every forum needs them.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
The mods here are the biggest ******* of all, closing threads and repressing intelligent discussion. I suggest a mutiny.

Tsen

Smash Journeyman
mutiny all you wish go make a forum that nobody will visit if not quit crying like a little 5 yr old and deal with it if you don't like something say so don't get all b!tchy at other people because you can't handle someone else's opinion aren't you just the peak of ignorance GG loser

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Best. Thread. Ever.

Sure, I've been underwhelmed by some of the updates, but I don't complain, and so far I've been disappointed by none of the updates. I love everything about this game so far.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Best. Thread. Ever.

Sure, I've been underwhelmed by some of the updates, but I don't complain, and so far I've been disappointed by none of the updates. I love everything about this game so far.
dude me too... this game is going to be perfect! everything so far is great IMO

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't applaud rants. :p

But, it's very true. I did like the new upodate, I was glad they finally mentioned it somewhere, becuase they really diudn't show it off in Melee (to newer playes, nbot in manual). I think we've just been blown away, and then come back to norlmalcy. It's not plesent.

But, regardless you are right. Besides, at least we get some screens to ogel.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I think you should not hate that kind of ppl...

the reason? thanks to them we can make a debate here.

do u prefer to see ppl saying: I love todays update?.... NO

So you might rethink your words, SmashBoards and every forum needs them.
You should probably read other posts in a thread before making a comment. It has been stated numerous times that nobody is asking you to like every update and no one is asking anybody not to display their displeasure (lots of negatives in that sentence). It's the people that say that the updates they didn't like are a waste of time and bash them relentlessly thinking only of themselves that get tiresome.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
This is my new favorite thread, kudos to Ryoko Yaksa

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I applaud this. I was getting sick of hearing people complain about sticker update as well.

I believe it or not thought it was interesting. I doubt I'll use it much, but I'm not the only person in the world. :o

Snakey

Smash Cadet
Ryoko, very well said. Finally something to get some sense into people :)

Nintendo is doing they're best to make a competitive smash game that also appeals to a wide market, and they're doing a good job.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I agree, this should be stickied.

And why are some people saying things like:

"Oh how ironic, a complaint about people complaining"

Atleast he makes a valid argument, yes everyone is entitled to their own opinions but, if your opinion is really lame, then just don't say anything at all. Things like "Omg it suckz cuz ov eh pokeman!!"

Like he said, you're just being selfesh. If you just flame updates all the time, don't look at them.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
mutiny all you wish go make a forum that nobody will visit if not quit crying like a little 5 yr old and deal with it if you don't like something say so don't get all b!tchy at other people because you can't handle someone else's opinion aren't you just the peak of ignorance GG loser
I was joking. You were not. I hope you feel intelligent.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
okayy........ then.............. ummm..................... already then so if this thread keeps going there are people who will take the extreme and use statements that will offend people with different beliefs..(this happens anyway but im mentioning it now) so lets reach a compromise shall we?

don't complain as much

don't flame people who do complain

or stop complaining altogether

i really don't care for complaints but sometimes they get out of hand and people flame them.

so a possible solution is to create a bashing thread so whiners and upset people can speak their mind and not bother other people who just want to discuss things with out hearing much complaints.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
If anyone else had made this thread, it would have been locked.

The mods here are the biggest ******* of all, closing threads and repressing intelligent discussion. I suggest a mutiny.
Judging from your post I don't think you were entirely joking about the mutiny idea, just that you don't have any power to do so.

Also, A LOT of other people who would rant on this subject wouldn't have gone about it in an intelligent manner. How you say what you are saying is just as important as what you say a lot of times.

Also, I actually checked back 5 pages worth of threads and I didn't see ANY thread like this at all. I saw a WHOLE bunch of threads that this thread is complaining about, but not a thread like this. So yeah, the mods haven't been "repressing intelligent discussion."

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Here's a solution: let people talk about what they want.
true that would work too.............. but no tolerence or patience keeps bringing threads like these back again and again and again......... not saying that happened but it could.....

narmerguy

Smash Cadet
but, if your opinion is really lame, then just don't say anything at all.

Like he said, you're just being selfesh. If you just flame updates all the time, don't look at them.
And who is the judge of that? Everyone feels entitled to their own rant...look at the post we're all responding to. Who are we to say whose complaints are justified and whose deserves to be silenced? Popular opinion? Well, mob rule has always been rather effective.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
And who is the judge of that? Everyone feels entitled to their own rant...look at the post we're all responding to. Who are we to say whose complaints are justified and whose deserves to be silenced? Popular opinion?
Try common sense. If you can't complain (read: mindlessly flame) without actually understanding what you're complaining about, there's something wrong. Having to read all of it makes me upset as a person.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*claps*
I think this generation is just full of whiners..

Which maybe a thing that can show why Bush is hated so much? No? Probably not.

But I love getting all these updates, even if its something none important like Samus' whip that can grapple. I still appreciate that we get updates when we're like.. 100 days away from the release of the game.

-Onyx

Top Bottom