• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A message for the whiners

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am bumping this thread to the front page, for no real reason except that I despise most of you. Hm... I probably got myself there.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey guys! Don't like todays update? That's fine! Just stop complaining about it, dammit.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Hear, Hear, Mic. Well Said RyokoYaksa, that was a beautifully formed rant, one worthy of the record books. I might not have liked every single update, but I don't waste my time complaining about them day in and out. Sticky plz

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
Relooking over this, I realize that this is such a dictated board. Say one bad thing about sakurai or the updates and you get locked. Aren't fourms suppost to be for EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
"the only people who complain about the game/update are the people who have experienced something better"

me personally i love the idea of it being updated every weekday because it keeps me occupied.
the people who complained about the updates or the game have at least heard of something better so they want brawl to be just as good (or better). well that may happen but don't complain if it doesn't happen. which is why i sometimes dislike great updates......... why?........ because then people expect the next update to be similiar or better so they complain about it which in turn makes others angry.

well everyones entitled to their own opinion so i can't do much to change the whiners but if you don;t like the update don;t complain about it. Sakurai doesn' t have to give these updates and i feel Privileged that he is giving us these updates.

so don't complain about the useless updates and just speculate about future updates

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I mean sure, go to the update's respective thread and complain about it, but you don't really have to start a whole new one saying how all the recent updates sucked. Not everything can be great. A lot of people will agree that recent updates have sucked.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
So we're not allowed to have opinions? Interesting.
no one can stop you

just don't keep on complaining about some things and take away from the fact that he doesn't have to give us these updates

also admittedly people do think that these updates are up to par with some other updates which is why i came up with that quote up at the top and why i sometimes don't like good updates ,not because i hate the update it self, but the people who expect every update to be just as good.

well if you don't like the update deal with it and try to not complain about it too much.

*note* i found if you complain too much about something people won't take your thoughts seriously though on the internet i think no one cares

ah well people are entitled to their own opinions

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Ah, well said. I'll admit it is hard sometimes not to complain, but you do have to face facts with there having to be an extra 50 updates, they were going to have to string it out. I expect fewer and fewer double updates.

I actually liked today's (handicap) update. It makes for a good way to challenge yourself when things are getting a little too easy or you only have the 8 year old cousin over who barely knows how to hold the controller correctly.

It just shows the game has that much more customization. So be happy people!

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i agree with the above post

games are supposed to be fun

so go and have fun!!

volbound1700

Smash Master
So you're saying it's ignorant to dislike an update? I'm pretty sure that everyone is thankful for getting daily blogs from Sakurai, so don't send out the "you should be thankful you're even getting updates!" stuff. Not everyone has to like each and every update, some of them I was disappointed about as well. The "You Must Recover!" is a good example, sure I know the update was for beginers, but that doesn't mean that I couldn't complain about getting such a minor update.

Sure, minor updates build the suspense and lead to the amazing "Friday" update. But why should we have to like those suspense-building blogs? As for people not being interested in one player mode, isn't multiplayer the mode that makes Smash so fun? I'm pretty sure that even this Subspace Emissary will get old eventually, and the only thing that people will be focused on is V.s. mode and (possible) online play.
Applaud this. It has been what, 2 1/2 or 3 weeks since a Character announcement?

Also about the first issue. (I have not in the past complained about this) it is not very good business practice to announce a release date on something and then turn around and change it. However, I will just enjoy what Wii games are out over christmas. I just recieved my wii from ebay and I have won Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and Super Mario Galaxy off ebay for lower then retail prices as well and will get them. Only thing I have to complain about is I can't play them to December 12th at least because of exams and the fact I had them shipped to my parents so I would be able to study (although I will get teaser on thanksgiving).

However, I get sick of these whiners complaining about the whiners!

volbound1700

Smash Master
With these lame updates I rather have no updates at all.
Wow way too far here.

I just don't care about movesets or final smash updates. It has no bearing ot me because I have no idea what the moves will be like until I get the Wii and get the game. Also, I think the Final Smashes should be suprises. I would rather he keep those secret then unlockable levels and characters.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It's funny that some people are claiming that:

telling someone to stop whining = telling someone to stop having opinions.

Gah, some people are so stupid. It's sad really.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Wow way too far here.

I just don't care about movesets or final smash updates. It has no bearing ot me because I have no idea what the moves will be like until I get the Wii and get the game. Also, I think the Final Smashes should be suprises. I would rather he keep those secret then unlockable levels and characters.
I agree. Each character only has one Final Smash, so don't give them all away. Same with the characters. I'd be okay with no more character updates. A few more stages, sure, because the more the better.

We are looking at only two, maybe three more solid updates the rest of the way. Just hope they are something really different.

Captain_ObviousV

Smash Rookie
Well put. I have been on GameFaqs and even my own friend was *****ing and whinning about the game devopment. And like I tell him and Gamefaqs, shut the hell up. It is Saukai's game, he has every right to put what characters, stages, etc he wants in the game and what updates he want. He's using his money and resorces, not yours, not your family, or nobody eles.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
With these lame updates I rather have no updates at all.
To tell you the truth Im with you. If were gonna get tossed around with pointless updates Id rather just wait for the game without them. They gotta start mixing char/stage/GOOD updates with the boring updates every once in a while.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Thing is, there's only so many zomg! mind blowing updates possible before whatever release date. What was the last zomg! mind blowing update, the stage editor? That was only about two weeks ago, and they've gotta be spaced out.

Another thing; the reason some of the recent updates haven't been that exciting is because you've spoiled yourselves already. Just think, we still have to get Pokeballs: Gardevoir, Latios/Latias, Assist Trophies: Advance Wars, Drill girl (?), Sin and Punishment person (?), normal items: Smart Bomb, Spring Board, spikey thing, and Sonic's Final Smash. Oh well.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
I find that the best way to make a game is to make it for the casual community, but at the same time be sensitive to competitive needs.

I've seen a lot of online FPS (my primary experience) work out decently well using this concept (i.e. CS, DoD, NS) and some games that have failed not using this concept (ET:QW, Tribes:Vengence).

Since we all know melee had a variety of options to turn items on/off, the competitive community should not be affected really that much other than stage selection and a potential character restriction (if necessary).

Granted they are taking away some of the advanced techniques that several melee players pride their abilities on, which is definitely something I can relate too. While these techniques are being taken away, I'm sure there will be new ones to develop. As of right now, based on the videos that I have seen, I see no reason why a casual smasher should be on par with a competitive one. The competitive player will not only have inherent techniques that will carry over to the new game, but they will develop the new ones that the game engine will allow.

Its safe to say that this game will probably be a huge success, I know personally that I am getting a wii just to play it, and this is coming from a hardcore competitive FPS fan.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
People are so obsessed and spoiled over good updates like Stage builder and Character announcements, they can't handle "normal" updates so they whine and complain about it.

Example. It's like giving a kid a bucket of cocain.

The kid loves that cocain, ALOT. He wants more. Becomes addicted.

You start giving me tiny pinches of cocain, and he goes crazy and mad and complains.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am sick of whining people whining about other people's opinions. The mods and some of the old members here act like it is sacrilege to say an update is bad. It really is annoying. People are entitled to their opinions.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No, the problem is that people will start threads with no other topic for discussion other than 'wahh, i don't like the updates for the last three days'. I'm sure lots of people agree, but that's what each update's respective thread is for. No one is saying you can't have an opinion or that you can't voice it. Just do it in the right place and no one will get mad.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am sick of whining people whining about other people's opinions. The mods and some of the old members here act like it is sacrilege to say an update is bad. It really is annoying. People are entitled to their opinions.
By that logic I'm also entitled to be a complete ****head whose sole purpose on this forum is to make life as difficult as possible for Brawl forum posters that come under my dislike while still remaining in bounds. Do you see what I did there?

Oh, and if you're not getting past the surface of the topic post, you can just stop posting. Not just here, but entirely.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
It's good to have an opinion. It's fine to voice your opinion. It's ridiculous to make us listen to your opinion by spamming and bickering about it.

I really don't care whether or not you like an update. I don't care if there is a single topic for you to rant about it in. I do care when I have to rummage through multiple pages of garbage to find posts that aren't completely nonsensical.

Smash Ace
In the recent months of watching these rooms, I've come to see many anticipations for Brawl, particularly through the updates releaved the the Dojo. It's good to share one's honest feelings with others. What really grinds my gears though, are the complaints, whining, and general *****ing and moaning of members who are clearly mistaken of the realities of game development or marketing.

1. Understanding division of labor
Here's a simple question I think everyone can understand: Would you put the group in charge of balancing your game's mechanics to work on the game's art direction? Or vice-versa? If the answer is Yes, then forcefully hit yourself in the face with your keyboard until the answer becomes No. A notable product of such a misconception would be the Stickers update.

-And no, an extensive single player mode will not detract from the multiplayer. Single-player has been a stab wound in need of treatment since Smash 64.
If they feel that Brawl's multiplayer is "complete," guess what? That's it. They will move on to other things, and leave their completed projects to the testers. They too, work on a similar schedule of "test till they feel it's done." They'll only go back to it if they're bored. That often isn't possible due to time constraints, which are the same plague even if less content was being produced. The testing is often the phase that is waited on before going gold, after all.

2. The Dojo Updates and Game Content
Guess what? You're not the only person in this world whom Nintendo wishes to sell this game to. Casual players of the game exist. In fact, they greatly outnumber the competive playerbase. A great many aspects of the game are being revealed through the updates on the Dojo, designed to be revealed in a pattern which will appeal to many groups of people. The minor updates will inevitably outnumber the major ones. To keep suspense, it's likely that not every major thing will be revealed by the time Brawl hits the shelves. But it comes to a point where people accuse the updates of "sucking" or "a waste of time" that again, touches my nerves. Chances are, this is coming from the competitive players.

You have the gall to harshly complain that these updates are crap? Tell me, what is the alternative? Either nothing, or the infequent pictures or videos we get through sites like IGN. You're already receiving a free service that is above and beyond the call of duty of a game developer. Actually complaining about it only serves to show one thing: you are selfish, and you're clearly not aware that a game's fan base consists of more people than you.

The rest of my family would more than likely not even be interested in playing this game if it wasn't for good single player (they eventually get bored of getting owned) or the opportunity to mess around with earnable collectibles such as stickers. What makes a game sell and achieve good scores (thus keeping a reputation afloat) is the ability to instill wide appeal. The features being revealed serve just that purpose. And you're actually complaining about them as if they'll take away from other parts of the game.

In short, I can sum up this rant in three, very simple words:

GET. OVER. YOURSELVES.
/rant off
wow. that is an awesome post.
=2007=

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to agree with RyokoYaksa on this one. People just don't know how to talk. Seeing these idiots post is just insulting when I realise I'm the same species they are. :(

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm gonna have to agree with RyokoYaksa on this one. People just don't know how to talk. Seeing these idiots post is just insulting when I realise I'm the same species they are. :(
Why? Because they don't think the update today was good like you did?

I mean comeon, I don't see what is so wrong with saying the updates this week are not as good as they have been in the past. You remind me of those people who say we can't criticize the President because he is the President. How are things suppose to get better if we are not critical?

Fact is, the people posting this stuff will still get brawl and enjoy it, they are just trying to be constructive about the post.

Also, the spamming probably does need to stop, but as I quoted in one of my spam, why is it bothering anyone if there is no new posts anyways. I posted one on a day where 5 posts had been made in the last 5 hours. I also posted a post about Twilight Princess in the Link thread and of course it got closed but I was wondering, why is it a big deal since there are only about 5-6 threads in the entire Link forum. How is it spamming when there is no other threads being made or posts?

To address spamming, maybe there should be an official: I don't like the update today thread to address all those spam threads... I do not. Only reason I started making them was because I got sick of all the Nazis like the one who started this thread who basically says "Agree with me and my opinions or don't post on this board at all."

BTW Brawl will be great.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
People are so obsessed and spoiled over good updates like Stage builder and Character announcements, they can't handle "normal" updates so they whine and complain about it.

Example. It's like giving a kid a bucket of cocain.

The kid loves that cocain, ALOT. He wants more. Becomes addicted.

You start giving me tiny pinches of cocain, and he goes crazy and mad and complains.

Uh, that's an interesting metaphor.... I'm not sure what else to say besides I agree with you on the spoiled people and their awesome updates vs normal ones.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
My thoughts exactly. Aren't fourms for EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION?
Expressing your opinion =/= Expressing your opinion like a little b****

That's the point the TC is trying to make.

Whenever mediorce update occurs, people always say how Sakurai 'wasted an update' for whatever dumb reason.

And if you're entitled to whining, that means I should be entitled to tell you to shut up with the whining. That's my opinion.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
In the recent months of watching these rooms, I've come to see many anticipations for Brawl, particularly through the updates releaved the the Dojo. It's good to share one's honest feelings with others. What really grinds my gears though, are the complaints, whining, and general *****ing and moaning of members who are clearly mistaken of the realities of game development or marketing.

1. Understanding division of labor
Here's a simple question I think everyone can understand: Would you put the group in charge of balancing your game's mechanics to work on the game's art direction? Or vice-versa? If the answer is Yes, then forcefully hit yourself in the face with your keyboard until the answer becomes No. A notable product of such a misconception would be the Stickers update.

-And no, an extensive single player mode will not detract from the multiplayer. Single-player has been a stab wound in need of treatment since Smash 64.
If they feel that Brawl's multiplayer is "complete," guess what? That's it. They will move on to other things, and leave their completed projects to the testers. They too, work on a similar schedule of "test till they feel it's done." They'll only go back to it if they're bored. That often isn't possible due to time constraints, which are the same plague even if less content was being produced. The testing is often the phase that is waited on before going gold, after all.

2. The Dojo Updates and Game Content
Guess what? You're not the only person in this world whom Nintendo wishes to sell this game to. Casual players of the game exist. In fact, they greatly outnumber the competive playerbase. A great many aspects of the game are being revealed through the updates on the Dojo, designed to be revealed in a pattern which will appeal to many groups of people. The minor updates will inevitably outnumber the major ones. To keep suspense, it's likely that not every major thing will be revealed by the time Brawl hits the shelves. But it comes to a point where people accuse the updates of "sucking" or "a waste of time" that again, touches my nerves. Chances are, this is coming from the competitive players.

You have the gall to harshly complain that these updates are crap? Tell me, what is the alternative? Either nothing, or the infequent pictures or videos we get through sites like IGN. You're already receiving a free service that is above and beyond the call of duty of a game developer. Actually complaining about it only serves to show one thing: you are selfish, and you're clearly not aware that a game's fan base consists of more people than you.

The rest of my family would more than likely not even be interested in playing this game if it wasn't for good single player (they eventually get bored of getting owned) or the opportunity to mess around with earnable collectibles such as stickers. What makes a game sell and achieve good scores (thus keeping a reputation afloat) is the ability to instill wide appeal. The features being revealed serve just that purpose. And you're actually complaining about them as if they'll take away from other parts of the game.

In short, I can sum up this rant in three, very simple words:

GET. OVER. YOURSELVES.
/rant off
<sarcasm> OK, I'll be sure not to have an opinion in the future </sarcasm>

You may enjoy 10 solid updates of "ZOMG U CAN GRAB ST00F," but most people here want updates that stir at least a slight, "Oh neat." Of course, "HOLY **** NO WAY" updates aren't going to happen everyday, but half-decent ones could.

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
Expressing your opinion =/= Expressing your opinion like a little b****

That's the point the TC is trying to make.

Whenever mediorce update occurs, people always say how Sakurai 'wasted an update' for whatever dumb reason.

And if you're entitled to whining, that means I should be entitled to tell you to shut up with the whining. That's my opinion.
1st of all, no need to swear. If you disagree with me then act civilized.

Ok well there is a difference between acting like a brat and expressing you opinion.

Brat: WTF THT WAZ A WAST OF TIME IT WAZ FUXORING GAI!!1!1!

Opinion: That was kind of a lame update. We pretty much already knew that.

Get the difference? Now I would like to raise another topic; politeness. We all like these boards and would like to see them progress, but we can NEVER do that if we call eachother names, or critisize in a disrespectable way.

<sarcasm> OK, I'll be sure not to have an opinion in the future </sarcasm>

You may enjoy 10 solid updates of "ZOMG U CAN GRAB ST00F," but most people here want updates that stir at least a slight, "Oh neat." Of course, "HOLY **** NO WAY" updates aren't going to happen everyday, but half-decent ones could.
That pretty much sums up what I think. I absolutely agree with the "holy crap" updates not happening very often, but there is no way I'm going to even say "oh neat" at a handicaps update.

Top Bottom