• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Match-Up Directory] Official Match-up Discussion (14 - Clean Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Wolf is a joke because he's by far the easiest anthropomorphic space creature to edgeguard. Can't go straight sideways, oops! (Actually, his increased range over the other two is really annoying but nothing ROB can't really deal with.)

Too lazy to make a chart.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
haha...but yeah, people seem to be having strange opinions on matchups...I won't go into the G&W thing because, unfortunately, most of the good ROBs out there may just say "you must not be fighting good G&W players"...BUT you mention the character's predictable approaches. Elaborate please? [so I can agree/disagree/debate/etc :)]
I'll get to that stuff in the G&W matchup thread.

As for Wolf, just walk toward him, powershielding his stuff, and once you're close, ftilt him OoS, it beats his fsmash. Or you can just jump away and shoot him while he's shooting. But basically, just toss him off and gimp him, it's easy.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
****. I forgot to think about that when I made my matchup chart. XD
I'll probably change Wolf to 45-55 later.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah don't forget you can gimp him with a plethora of moves including all your projectiles.

45-55 sounds reasonable... I'd be comfortable with that or 40-60.

In the end I just feel R.O.B. has a comfortable but not substantial advantage on wolf.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I have absolutely no trouble with wolf (but then again, I only play one wolf, so Im not too sure how well others play lol). If you force wolf to recover low, he is so easy to edgeguard cause of his up-bysmal that its not even funny.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
@GW: I do agree with what you say for Kirby, Im gonna change my mind to 50-50 rather 60-40 though. For Zelda....I'll stay 50-50, and for Wolf...toasty pretty much said it for me, just gotta get used to the matchup.

@Tant: I like your chart, cept Im still confused on Squirtle...
if you put mario at disadvantage, I can't understand why squirtle wouldn't be a bigger disadvantage, Squirtle is like mario with a better Fair and faster

I played ADA's poke trainer in friendlies

I killed his Ivysaur/Charizard without dying

Squirtle 3 stock comebacked to win

did it again

killed his Ivysaur/Charizard without dying

Squirtle came back to high % last stock (i won this time)

He is just like mario, except, better

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Tant no one here knows who the random scrubs in your anecdotes are.

Mario is better than Squirtle. He has a fireball and a cape. You can at least camp Squirtle.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman

Mr.E

Smash Lord
And mine is that Squirtle is much better than Mario as a standalone character. Shame he ins't, like Charizard. Ivysaur weighs those guys down. :( Well, and the stamina mechanic.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
if you put mario at disadvantage, I can't understand why squirtle wouldn't be a bigger disadvantage, Squirtle is like mario with a better Fair and faster

I played ADA's poke trainer in friendlies

I killed his Ivysaur/Charizard without dying

Squirtle 3 stock comebacked to win

did it again

killed his Ivysaur/Charizard without dying

Squirtle came back to high % last stock (i won this time)

He is just like mario, except, better
I didnt know Squirtles carried capes =/

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Why exactly are Mario and Squirtle good against R.O.B. ??? Does the water gun have anything to do with this? lol

I can't think of anything else they both have that is that much in common except good overall aerials.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
And mine is that Squirtle is much better than Mario as a standalone character. Shame he ins't, like Charizard. Ivysaur weighs those guys down. :( Well, and the stamina mechanic.
They should play like Zelda/Sheik. That would be awesome.
Charizard rocks.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah Squirtle is a nasty opponent maybe he doesnt' have fireball/cape but he is a very aggressive character and can do some nasty things in close quarters.

As for Snake, it's tough to say. That's based off my own theory- the only Snake I have tourney experience against is Chillin, and that was one time almost 3 months ago. We ran even that game with him narrowly taking the victory.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
How about Kirby since the Kirby boards are doing us right now?

The Kirby matchup is a tough one to think about.

Sudai

Stuff here
I fell behind on this, sorry guys. Depression johns ftw?

Since it's been a week, I'm gonna take a revote (and there wasn't really one last week either.. >.>)

Falco - 1
DDD - 1 (taken from someone asking for it in the Q&A thread)

You have until 1PM EST tomorrow.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I think we need to average out our matchup ratios for the 5-6 characters we discussed but aren't in the matchup chart in the first post yet.

I don't like either matchup, but I'll vote for Falco

Sudai

Stuff here
Falco - 3
DDD - 1

Waffles, I agree, but there's not much I can do for match-ups that weren't discussed well enough and I don't know enough about. (Read: MK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom