• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Match-Up Directory] Official Match-up Discussion (14 - Clean Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm gonna vote Fox. A lot of people are starting to use Fox as a ROB counter. Yesterday I lost to the 3rd Fox in a couple months who doesn't main Fox. Upsetting! :(

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
my friend doesnt main fox, but it still gave me a hard time, fox has a good ground game IMO. so i took him to halberd, and let the floating stage (whenever available) deal with fox.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Fox can't be camped very well because he puts in nice damage with his lasers and can reflect. He is fast, and can combo ROB well. He can bait your u-tilt or u-smash with shine stall to a D-air which can combo into a million things. He isn't reasonably hard to KO, but I think Fox can KO you easier. Our tilts definitely do outrange many of his ground options.

I would probably rate this fight a 50/50 in my opinion. Definitely deserving of a nice summary. If you think Fox is very easy chances are you also play Pikachu or Sheik or just haven't played a good Fox.

sasook

Smash Champion
Really guys, we need your input for the Link matchup XD. I saw some people were like "LOL AIB IS 4 nubz" on the closed thread I made, so I'll explain.

The SWF Link mains moved to AiB. It's the same people, just a different site. You're not going to be talking to people who are like "psch, link has the boomerang bombs and arrows rob has no chance." We fully agree the matchup is at least 7/3 your favor. We just really need input from you guys to get a more detailed discussion. We've had about....2 R.O.B. mains....that's it. Appreciate it, here's the link.

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=659774#p659774

tl;dr - you're not talking to AiB noobs. It's the Link mains from SWF, we just don't post on SWF anymore, we moved.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
What triggered the movement?

And why don't you just start a thread in the ROB / Link boards here on Smashboards then copy the replies to AiB?

Much easier and you'll get much more help in my opinion.

sasook

Smash Champion
There was a large fight with the mods, it's a long story. I hate to be uncompromising, because your idea is pretty good, but no Link mains that moved post (intelligently - see the 'moved' threads on the SWF Link boards) on the SWF Link boards anymore. Truth be told, most of us just don't like it anymore. It became so bad to the point that it was becoming unusable and the community was falling apart.

Again, your idea is pretty good, but I can guarantee that out of the 30somewhat Link mains, you'll get maybe 2 of them to agree =/

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Okay then do it in the ROB boards here, these have nothing to do with the Link boards so you yourself can strike up a thread here in these forums and see all the ROB replies. My idea was based on the fact that most of us don't have an account there, and do not want to waste our time making one there. However we do care about your predicament (at least I do) and if you are willing to work with us and make a thread here on SWF in the ROB boards and link us to it we'll do our best to give a hand.

:)

sasook

Smash Champion
Fair enough, I'll let them know about the idea and hopefully we can get a thread going over here.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
It's difficult beyond speculation because hardly anyone plays Link. I mean sure, there's Legan here in the MW, but how many Link mains do most people play and how common is he in tourneys? :/ I have little experience against him and many people probably have none at all. It's easy to say that ROB can out-camp him at long range, gimp him to hell, and is generally just a much better character but theory and personal experience are two different things.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
We hold Low Tier tournaments here in South Texas and my little brother mains Link in them. Also Link was his first Brawl main and he can actually keep up with my top tiers with his Link. So yeah, I could offer my help for sure.

sasook

Smash Champion
Alright guys, after much debate, the Link boards have agreed to discuss it here. Now, my only question is am I allowed to make a total new thread for it, or should we just discuss it in this thread? I'd PM the most active mod here, but I don't know who it is.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Yeah, matchup 9. The average vote from our side was slightly in their favor. A lot of people didn't vote on it and I think it's slightly in our favor

Vorguen

Smash Champion
With the new discoveries of Pikachu's chaingrabs, there will probably be a huge rush of Pikachus in the competitive scene. We should start handling Pikachus, since we will be facing many and soon.

sasook

Smash Champion
Reviving that old topic would be a bit silly now, since the last post was 9 days ago, but on behalf on the Link boards, we'd like to thank those who contributed to the matchup discussion for all their help.

Sudai

Stuff here
SoPo - 1
Pika - 3
"I wanna *do* ZSS" - 1

The third pika vote is from me.

We'll start the new discussion on Tuesday probably. (WHOBO is a 3 day event starting Friday and I know I'm not gonna wanna do anything on Tuesday. XP)

Sudai

Stuff here
Oh yeah..we did pika. lawl

SoPo=Solo Ice Climbers..and since it's Popo "SoPo" <.<

SoPo - 1
ZSS - 1

Not redoing Pika. We got a good enough discussion on that already. I was just ********.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'll vote ICs, just cause that discussion will be really quick and easy.

Don't get grabbed.

Sudai

Stuff here
SoPo - 1
ZSS - 1
ICs - 2

I voted ICs because JCZ is right and I'll have a chance to play Lain this weekend so I can give super detailed explanations about not getting grabbed using crazy tactics such as spot dodging and splitting the Climbers up. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom