• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
But unless we get leaked screens/videos, we don't know if the info is real until after the game is out. So it doesn't really matter, now does it? :p
That's the real problem with these. "My sources said this, my sources said that." Johnny Appleseed said an apple a day keeps the doctor away, doesn't exactly apply to everyone. :chuckle:

I'm just waiting for the release of NSTC Brawl, so one of these prophets gets proved right, just like what happened with Melee. Whether or not this guy is true, I’m just abiding my time. Either way, it’s an interesting read, like a second dojo to wait for whenever I’m bored.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I just wanna know what he, rapscouter or FForceSultan have to say about the heated Ridley debate...

MarioBrother2

Smash Cadet
Well, seems like it Could be true, but I guess we'll know nothing till we get it, or the Japanese get it.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Well the Cut Characters... Ness is one maybe.. so maybe he is going to take part with the SSE of Lucas?

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Agreed.

And I'd love to know one thing: Where did we get prophet from? Seriously. Deities don't come down and give Brawl information, from the last time I've read my Mythology for Dummies. Looks like this Dummies book needs a revision...
Well, it's not that I want to insult him or anything, because I think it's really awesome what he's doing. I mean, he IS entertaining alot of people, and I admire that. I do think there cant be Prophets, Nintendo secured Brawl so heavily.. There can't be a source saying more, leaks cannot exist arround this type of game.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
But this is where the line needs to be drawn. Legit entertainment, like your's, Youko's, and many other members of this community is fine. Podcasts speculating, recaps of the updates for a week, reviews of videos we have seen, other small bits of information. For the most part, we know most of it is true, or false by default if speculation.

These little "prophets" cause more problems then they realize. Their information seems to contradict the DOJO!! almost half the time, and create a ton of confusion on non-informed members of the community, as spread out as we can be. I probably shouldn't dwell on this any longer though, since it's silly to do so, concidering how close we are till the release for the Japanese version. C'est le vie?

You are right, these little "leaks" are nice, but for the most part, they seem to cause more trouble then they are worth...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well, it's not that I want to insult him or anything, because I think it's really awesome what he's doing. I mean, he IS entertaining alot of people, and I admire that. I do think there cant be Prophets, Nintendo secured Brawl so heavily.. There can't be a source saying more, leaks cannot exist arround this type of game.
Actually, I think one of the reasons that the dojo is actually giving updates, along with hype, involved bringing out this info cause things were gonna get leaked anyway.
And don't know that the more people are involved and working on something the easier it is for things to leak out? I'm pretty sure we have hundreds to thousands of people working on this darn thing.

I don't believe this guy, I can understand if an insider would leak things out with a false profile on some random forum because there is a much smaller chance someone would find out and fire him/her, but to keep up an entire website about it is extremely risky and would heavily threaten their job because it would be very easy for someone to find out.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
I don't think that is true.. You have testers. And probably.. the game is well.. finished. So people tested. So there can be leaks. Don't think everything is secured.

For example we also know many things from the demo. So.. it's has been tested.

It's not that I want him to be believed. But.. so far.. I think he is telling the truth.

Ah well we will see :)

Drake3

Smash Ace
I have an adamant rule against believing in people like him. But his flawless spelling and grammar makes me want to keep reading, if only for the entertainment it'll provide until Jan 24.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I don't think that is true.. You have testers. And probably.. the game is well.. finished. So people tested. So there can be leaks. Don't think everything is secured.

For example we also know many things from the demo. So.. it's has been tested.

It's not that I want him to be believed. But.. so far.. I think he is telling the truth.

Ah well we will see :)
I don't think anyone playing the game on Nintendo will spoil this game.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Well the Cut Characters... Ness is one maybe.. so maybe he is going to take part with the SSE of Lucas?
That's what I thought too... but then I read this:

"-Some of the old characters' movesets have been passed on to new characters in order to re-work the older characters' movesets. They are not carbon copies, however, they have been tweaked."

And that seems to fit Ness a lot more. Isn't Lucas the only newcomer with a similar moveset to an oldie? Or does Wario's movement being similar to Game & Watch also count? heh.

Oh, and to the guy that said prophets don't exist and it's all lies...

True, prophets don't exist. But genuine leaks do exist, the problem is just recognizing them.

Like I said before, unless we get screens/videos, we only know if a certain 'prophet' is real until after the game has come out. Which basically ruins the whole point of these leaks, right? :psycho:

EDIT: and to the guy that said
"There can't be a source saying more, leaks cannot exist arround this type of game."

Seriously, any info can be leaked, no matter how secure. All it takes is for someone to change his mind. And as we all know, humanity's greatest feature is to adapt and change.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
If Chuck Norris claimed to be a prophet of SSBB, then would you listen/read to everything he says/types?
YES! He's Chuck Norris, obviously! I wouldn't want to be roundhouse kicked through my monitor, of course! In fact Chuck Norris could roundhouse kick Sakurai if his predictions didn't come true, delay the game, go back in time with the fixed game, and give to to "past" Sakurai, after roundhouse kicking him again to use that new Chuck Norris-brand Brawl.

If it was anyone else, I'd like to inject logic into what they have to say, and do my best to debunk it based on the facts.

I don't think anyone playing the game on Nintendo will spoil this game.
Well it's good to know you have that much faith in other human beings. But it does happen.

I myself am reluctant to believe this guy after all the other idiots starting false rumors, even though he's got some interesting ideas. I'll view it as an interesting possibility rather than truth.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
My guess is he doesn't want to "reveal" newcomers or cut characters because there's too big of a chance that the Dojo would update something that proves him wrong.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It's nice to read these things, but I don't get my hopes up too much, could be true, could be false, I'm neutral, it's fun to read anyway...
Btw, he hasn't posted his triple update today yet, I'm curious about it

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
My guess is he doesn't want to "reveal" newcomers or cut characters because there's too big of a chance that the Dojo would update something that proves him wrong.
Very possible.

But another possibility is that he's right.

I can see how his sources wouldn't mind to share some little tidbits, but would be in trouble for revealing actual characters.

In any case, it's entertaining to read even if it turns out to be fake. Anything is better than being without information to speculate over.... like the week or two that the Dojo was down for the holidays. :p

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I am posting this a day after he posted that blog, and there is no triple update today.
Maybe later tonight? ... who knows .. anyways the whole snake emisary thing is very interesting. Especially how it would definitely fit in. Kind of like how final fantasy fit into Kingdom Hearts. Metal Gear Rex as playable?? I dunno about that one.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Metal Gear Rex as playable?? I dunno about that one.
The phrase was ambiguous.

Oh yeah, and defeating Metal Gear REX as Snake results in unlocking him.
Probably means that you play as Snake at some point in SSE, and when you fight and beat the Metal Gear REX boss, you unlock Snake for play in all other game modes. This would be true IF you can play as hidden characters in SSE even before they are unlocked.

The probability of this occuring seems pretty strange, though.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Metal Gear Rex as playable?? I dunno about that one.
"Oh yeah, and defeating Metal Gear REX as Snake results in unlocking him."

I thought he meant if you defeat REX in SSE you'd unlock Snake...

I'm fairly sure you can read that statement two ways.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think he means defeating Metal Gear Rex unlocks Snake.

He's probably one of the best prophets. At least he isn't going around putting some bull roster.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
"Oh yeah, and defeating Metal Gear REX as Snake results in unlocking him."

I thought he meant if you defeat REX in SSE you'd unlock Snake...

I'm fairly sure you can read that statement two ways.
Yea now I see what you mean. I guess that would make 10x more sense.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
All I want is someone to post something more detailed about how each character meets up with whom (like Link & Yoshi for instance). Since, FForceSultan mentions something about that, as well as a combo of Link & Pit...

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Well the RSS Feeds of his posts are

Subsnake Emissary
gisteren 7 januari 2008, 12:12:25
Yesterday 7 Januari

2 New AT's
zondag 6 januari 2008, 19:06:19

Updating and Daily posting
zondag 6 januari 2008, 3:27:36

Welcome
zondag 6 januari 2008, 1:36:11

This are the dates and times when he posted it.

Also his last online moment was:
Last online Jan 8, 2008 3:58 am PT

Also... Look at the date when he became a member:
Member since Dec 27, 2007

Dunno.. but something says.. he is true... somethings says.. he is not true.. well.. maybe Sakurai will tell us in the week.

O well.. 24 Januari.. 6 days later. We know everything xD.

Except an Europe launch date ;_;

BTW the things that are give me.. a sort of feeling of truth of it

1. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: PAK E. DERM

Origin: Yoshi's Story (1996)

Hey, wasn't he a Melee trophy? That he was! And he makes his triumphant return! Basically I've heard he's one of the single most annoying AT's in the game other than Devil. He stands on the battlefield for a good long time, blocking off any contact with any enemies on the other side. Don't try to jump over him, it won't work out so well. His sign has gotten the ability to extend its reach. He really closes off the battlefield well.
1. NEW ITEM: BITTER SPRAY

Origin: Pikmin 2 (2004)

The Bitter Spray from Pikmin works as such: upon obtaining it, press A to use it. It will release a small blast much like in the game and any foes caught in the blast will be temporarily turned to stone. They cannot physically move, andyou cannot physically move them. However, feel free to attack at will! Damage will be cut in half, though, as your opponent also gets more immunity from the stone. Use it to buy time or to rack up damage.

2. NEW ITEM: SEA URCHIN

Origin: Clu Clu Land (1985)

You may be surprised to find that this item has already been revealed. It's been an item in the E-For-All demo this year and went largely unrecognized. It's the blue item that has spikes. Why am I mentioning it? Well, because it hasn't been identified by fans as of yet. Basically it's a nuisance that can cause damage with its spikes.
The following characters are AT's: Birdo, Kamek, Gulliver, Tricky, Tails, Poo, Chibi Robo, Eggplant Wizard, Dixie Kong, Orbulon, Tamagon, Balloon Fighter, and Tingle.
It's just to good to be NOT true... x"D.

Eggplan Wizard is from which game BTW? Is it from Square Enix probably? Maybe this says hello SE character.. if it is true... =O

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
I dont undertstand their's a item that turns you into Stone but reduces damages by half and no effects on you i dont quite understand

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Eggplan Wizard is from which game BTW? Is it from Square Enix probably? Maybe this says hello SE character.. if it is true... =O
Eggplant Wizard is one of the most important (if not the main) villains in Kid Icarus, Pit's game.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
I've been following this for the past few days out of curiosity, and the Snake "update" is from yesterday, so he hasn't posted anything today. If he starts skipping days, it's definitely a good sign to start calling shenanigans.
Yeah I think the same... anyway, it's fun to read.

However, why there are so many of these guys? It's a business? :laugh:

Glove

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately for him, he made one small slip up which i'm amazed no one noticed.

He thought it would be safe to confirm one pokemon: Blaziken

However he presumaly forgot that thanks to Gimpyfish and his thread we know torchic is confirmed. I'm 99% sure that Sakuri is not putting in pokemon and then haveing evolutions or prevolutions of them.

We have had none before, Venasuar has been replaced by Salamance as Ivysaur is playable.

So that one in my opinion slip up, just proves to me that he is makign up small stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom