• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Wow, I never expected people to be so gullible as to having a lynch mob after my post.

Seriously guys... this is the millionth dude to do this. This is nothing new, and he isn't providing any real reason to believe the stuff he is saying. It may sound legit, but that doesn't make it such. I fear for how things will turn out for you guys in the future, seeing as how there are so many scams out there.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Wow, I never expected people to be so gullible as to having a lynch mob after my post.

Seriously guys... this is the millionth dude to do this. This is nothing new, and he isn't providing any real reason to believe the stuff he is saying. It may sound legit, but that doesn't make it such. I fear for how things will turn out for you guys in the future, seeing as how there are so many scams out there.
Actually, no one who responded to your post believes the guy either. You were just rude and a jerk.

Are you really so arrogant as to be unable to fathom that, just maybe, things aren't always black and white?

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Tails is either an Assist Trophy or not in the game at all, because he sure as hell won't be a playable character.
Tough crowd. :| Can't you at least let someone hope for what they want? IIRC they held a poll for most wanted characters. I know that he doesn't have good chances for PC, and I guess I'll settle for Sonic of course, but whoever said the Sonic series would only get Sonic? The "it's not fair" thing isn't really clear, as they might not have been able to get any other 3rd party PCs, and I guess it's unfair that Mario got like 5 PCs and Metroid gets only one (I'm hoping for 2 though this time around). Why is that? It's because Mario is the most popular, his series is the main deal. Sonic is probably the Mario of 3rd party characters.
Not to mention that SEGA and Nintendo seem to be almost buddybuddy now, as Olympics Games was published by SEGA, not Nintendo, making it the first time in a long time they've lent their Mario characters to someone else, although indeed it was supervised.

Then there's Sonic & the Secret Rings, and the new game, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. Sure, it was released on the PS as well, but no doubt there has to be other major development for something like the Wii to make it work.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Geno, Mega Man, Krystal, Olimar, (insert who you really want)... all for Brawl as I see it. I welcome all newcomers. :)

But that's not really the main subject of this topic, now is it? I'd rather not argue over it, it's a dire time waster.

That other blogger's .. blog is really full of it. It's reminiscant of other prophets. Lol.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Actually, no one who responded to your post believes the guy either. You were just rude and a jerk.

Are you really so arrogant as to be unable to fathom that, just maybe, things aren't always black and white?
Not really. He's right, everyone and their mom wants to say that they have a shady 'source' and are getting inside info. That, and there's a billion things out there that you can name that probably won't be listed on the Dojo anytime soon (ATs and such).

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Y'know I once knew of a prophet, who was a master swordsman that was once lost in a paradox in a hell revisited that only dreamt in black and white.

He only dreamt in black and white to save him from himself.

So, tell me, have you ever felt the future is the past, but you don't know how?
A reflected dream of a captured time, is it really now, is it really happening?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Nah, I can fathom that, but the intense amount of naiveness is absolutely appalling. To believe this is to be an idiot, regardless of it ending up being true or not. Because of that, I will not apologize. Political correctness is for the birds, people are too busy trying to sugar coat everything they say now that the message is lost. If you are being dumb, you are being dumb.

One cannot be certain of any leaker, and they shouldn't give them any credence. Ultimately people are just being impatient.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Not really. He's right, everyone and their mom wants to say that they have a shady 'source' and are getting inside info. That, and there's a billion things out there that you can name that probably won't be listed on the Dojo anytime soon (ATs and such).
The issue is not whether he's right or not.

As I've stated several times, for example, I don't believe this guy either. It is however fun to see how imaginative people can be. And, in the unlikely event that the guy does end up being right (though I too doubt it) by doing things like MR did you risk looking like a fool. I believe that it's best to recognize that. Noone believed it when the Melee roster was leaked. I mean seriously, Young Link as playable? Dr. Mario? Mr Game and Watch? Please.

The issue is it's possible that people can listen to the guy, but not believe him. He assumes that you either do or don't. He was quite rude in his postings and this reflects poorly on him. As a Moderator he should know better than to do things like that. A person in a position of power needs to at least ACT respectable.

Nah, I can fathom that, but the intense amount of naiveness is absolutely appalling. To believe this is to be an idiot, regardless of it ending up being true or not. Because of that, I will not apologize. Political correctness is for the birds, people are too busy trying to sugar coat everything they say now that the message is lost. If you are being dumb, you are being dumb.

One cannot be certain of any leaker, and they shouldn't give them any credence. Ultimately people are just being impatient.
I can respect that, but I still disagree with the over-all rudeness. I will also agree that anyone who just up and believes these "profits" are far to gullible for their own goods. However, I also don't agree with those who automatically label every profit fake. This merely because of my experience back when Melee was coming out. You never know, some of the most outlandish things could happen.

I also fully agree with your last statement. I wouldn't give them credence either, but then again I wouldn't lable them entirely uncredible.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
He assumes that you either do or don't. He was quite rude in his postings and this reflects poorly on him. As a Moderator he should know better than to do things like that.
I didn't assume anything, you assumed I thought it black and white. There are people believing this, and that is what my post was about.
However, I also don't agree with those who automatically label every profit fake.
I didn't label them all as fake, I simply said believing in any of them is foolish. There is a difference.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The issue is not whether he's right or not.

As I've stated several times, for example, I don't believe this guy either. It is however fun to see how imaginative people can be. And, in the unlikely event that the guy does end up being right (though I too doubt it) by doing things like MR did you risk looking like a fool. I believe that it's best to recognize that. Noone believed it when the Melee roster was leaked. I mean seriously, Young Link as playable? Dr. Mario? Mr Game and Watch? Please.

The issue is it's possible that people can listen to the guy, but not believe him. He assumes that you either do or don't. He was quite rude in his postings and this reflects poorly on him. As a Moderator he should know better than to do things like that. A person in a position of power needs to at least ACT respectable.
Sure, but I for one get tired of a new guy popping up everyday with info that may or may not be true and not being able to back up their source. It's just a waste of time to me. I'd rather wait for the real deal at this point.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528

Give me the sense to wonder if we're free from this speculation. I mean really, at this point we need the strength to get past our dire need for brawl and spit back in the face of these so called prophets who stare at their crystal balls with absolutely no vision there at all.

At this point in time we're trapped in this bad place where any leak seems to be a good source to tide us over. But really we all have to look inside ourselves and ask if we're too blind to see the actual truth.

As for the prophets: Don't lie, don't say, you don't know. Eventually they'll pay for this mischief when the game comes out, and it'll be all over.

But until then, can we all play with this madness?

I hope not.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I'm really not sure to believe him. For now, I won't. Showing of daily updates is one of the reasons, and the fact he referring to his "sources". What sources, then?

He sounds believable, but I got no reason to do so.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
I didn't assume anything, you assumed I thought it black and white. There are people believing this, and that is what my post was about.

I didn't label them all as fake, I simply said believing in any of them is foolish. There is a difference.
It looked like you had addressed your post to those who had responded to your last post. (Myself and Robinotx) Neither of us believe the guy and yet you continued to speak of gullibility and Naievete.

--

I didn't say that you called them all fake, I was merely stating that I don't think one should do so. We are in agreement on this point. There is no need to argue.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Am I imagining things, but are most legitimate leaks extremely anonymous? Stirring up a lot of commotion is the last thing a leaker would want to do. There are legal ramifications. The only "prophet" I would believe in is the one that gets sued by Nintendo XD.
It looked like you had addressed your post to those who had responded to your last post. (Myself and Robinotx) Neither of us believe the guy and yet you continued to speak of gullibility and Naievete.
I wasn't responding to your posts, if I did I would have quoted you guys.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Am I imagining things, but are most legitimate leaks extremely anonymous? Stirring up a lot of commotion is the last thing a leaker would want to do. There are legal ramifications. The only "prophet" I would believe in is the one that gets sued by Nintendo XD.
I wasn't responding to your posts, if I did I would have quoted you guys.
Fair enough. I apologize for assuming such, but your lynch mob comment seemed directed at me (and Robinotx) since I had directly responded to you. So please understand why I felt that way.

And also, I agree. =p I'd actually love to read that about that story in the news. And whoever did it would become a Smash Icon. *laugh*

spindash

Smash Ace

Hate to jump on the bandwagon here, but that last part...really, really, confused me. You don't label them all as fake, but you say that you don't believe in any of them. Difference? How about the exact same thing? It's like saying that you don't label Santa as a fake, but simply believing in any of them is foolish.

You contradicted yourself in the most painfully obvious way. You either label them as fake, give them some credit, or just stay out of the matter and not risk getting burned at all. Don't label them as fake but don't believe them? You think they're all fake, according to what you said. Or do you believe?

Give us something more concrete next time.

A Mod can participate in debates, yes, but you should have a more defined level of...well, not being quite as rude about it. I'm not even going to try and use those kind of words like 'fool' or 'pathetic' or anything. Those don't apply to you, and people wanting to use these words are trying to up their vocabulary to make themselves to look tough.

Anyway, just saying that what you said in the last part was kind of...well, silly. Next time, don't contradict yourself.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I'm feeling the sweat break on my brow here, because why are all of you trying to one-up a moderator?
Is it me or is shadows that are dancing on the walls in this argument? Who cares? Seriously.

Now that were done talking about some dude's vision, normality should be restored in my eyes.

Stop bickering?

M.K

Level 55
Hey, hey now (I'm the OP FYI), I didn't mean to stir up trouble here, it's just another thing to speculate at.

spindash

Smash Ace
I'm feeling the sweat break on my brow here, because why are all of you trying to one-up a moderator?
Is it me or is shadows that are dancing on the walls in this argument? Who cares? Seriously.

Now that were done talking about some dude's vision, normality should be restored in my eyes.

Stop bickering?
O_o One-up a moderator? He has authority and maintains control, sure. But a person is a person. I can talk with anyone, I don't care what level of authority someone is. If there's something I want to voice, I'll voice it.

I realize that I might have come off as rude at first as well...but that contradiction really confused me.

Sorry, but I'll leave that be now. I wasn't trying to start a ruckus.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Hey just keep leading on your thought path and keep showing me the way you were thinking, I get what you mean now.

I was feeling a little lost, and definitely a little strange today.

At any rate, don't want to be here today, but I can't help it, weather's poor and the other place I'd rather be is muddy as hell.

As far as this guy and all the other prophets I think I'll take a hold of whatever comes my way, then we'll see what happens and take it day by day til Japanese release and February 10th.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Because pwning a mod will make their e-*****es bigger.

I mean? Why waste the opportunity in pointing out that moderators are humans too?

M.K

Level 55

This is ridiculous. I'm sorry, I know I just said this was not a fight, but this is...infuriating. You stepped way out of line on this one. Think about this; nobody ever believed the true Melee leak, yet it happened, and everyone was caught off guard. For the few that did believe it, were they idiots? No! You make it seem like your opinion is the best, and everyone needs to be just like you. You'll, of course, deny this in your next post, stating everything wrong with my post. But just you wait, the very next post after that you ever make will be stifling and obnoxious. I'm not telling you this NOT to be rude, I'm telling it like it is, it's the way you come off. You have NO right judging people for what they believe and don't believe in. Face it, not everyone has your mindset, and as far as I can tell, you aren't king of the world. Please, I SERIOUSLY don't mean to be demeaning and rude, it's just...you and I HAVE had other encounters, and I read all those posts before I make a statement.

As the original poster, I say: Say what you want, and if anyone has a problem with it...well, that's THEIR problem.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It's like saying that you don't label Santa as a fake, but simply believing in any of them is foolish.
That is a bad way to analyze this. We can prove Santa doesn't exist; however, I can't entirely prove that every single leaker is false. I am simply conceding to the possibility of one actually being legit; however, it is foolish to believe that any of them are real. The fact is they cannot prove that what they say is real until the game is out, and thusly renders them entirely pointless.
nobody ever believed the true Melee leak, yet it happened, and everyone was caught off guard. For the few that did believe it, were they idiots?
The answer to your question is yes, they were idiots. They just happened to be idiots that were lucky.
You make it seem like your opinion is the best, and everyone needs to be just like you.
In this case, yes, I believe that my opinion is the best in this case. ZOMG! Ask yourself, is it wiser to accept things that cannot be proven or to simply be patient and let the truth unfold for us? The answer is obvious. Amazing information requires amazing evidence as one person pointed out months ago, and so far this guy has not given any evidence as to how he has acquired any information, nor does his information hold enough water with it's "legitness" to be counted on as evidence.
As the original poster, I say: Say what you want, and if anyone has a problem with it...well, that's THEIR problem.
You say what you want and I'll say what I want. That's the beauty of free speech.
Those don't apply to you, and people wanting to use these words are trying to up their vocabulary to make themselves to look tough.
LOL really now? Would you rather me pull up a thesaurus and pull out an unnecessarily big word or a more sugar coated word to illustrate the exact same thing as what I said? That, to me, seems like trying to "up their vocabulary." I say what I say and how I say it because I don't see the point in beating around the bush. Like I said before, political correctness is for the birds. Again, by definition, those who act foolish are being a fool. I don't see the need to use a nicer word for those who are acting foolish. There is no hidden meaning or intention behind what I post, I thought it was fairly obvious to everyone that I was being blunt.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Hey, hey now (I'm the OP FYI), I didn't mean to stir up trouble here, it's just another thing to speculate at.
I know exactly how you feel man this has happened to me a lot too in all my time for some reason. It can be even the softest topic and somebody won't like what someone else said, I'll leave, come back, and find a mortar blast has decimated everything.

What would happen if we believed every single one of these profits (lol) instead of trying to disbelieve them? It'd be pretty messed up but I'm not sure there would be so much commotion. But then they'd come up with REALLY CRAPPY stuff that no one would believe. Oh well.....

Personally however I'm keeping an eye on this guy. Who says I can't watch, anyway? :)

But I think everyone would agree with me on this one:
All of this rukus, all of it, the frustrating ""bad"" updates, the ""leaks"", the ""prophets"", the ""INTENSE-A CONVERSATIONS""... all of it is getting on my nerves and I'm tired of it. :( But I can't help but not want to look, I might miss something big that's real, but even if I miss it, I won't miss it Feb. 10th. Or Jan. 24th, either way. :p

However I predict and outburst of prophet info on that day and the days before it to really, really screw it up until someone gets actual pictures. Multiple pictures.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
well. i d k.
can't hurt to keep watching. he's got some pretty good stuff.
but I agree with youko, if he starts skipping days, he's likely not legit.

spindash

Smash Ace
That is a bad way to analyze this. We can prove Santa doesn't exist; however, I can't entirely prove that every single leaker is false. I am simply conceding to the possibility of one actually being legit; however, it is foolish to believe that any of them are real. The fact is they cannot prove that what they say is real until the game is out, and thusly renders them entirely pointless.

The answer to your question is yes, they were idiots. They just happened to be idiots that were lucky.
I know that Santa doesn't exist; that was just a comparison, and you still haven't made an effort to defend your contradiction to believing a leaker or saying they're all wrong.

And that was about the most rudest thing I could hear. Idiots that were lucky? Holy crap, man. That was pretty...ouch. You'd think that the non-believers would just apologize and move on. Idiots that were lucky...

I can't even come up with a remark to that, you just...

Forget it. This is just turning to be pointless.

I agree with one of the more recent posters. These 'prophets' are starting to make this thing ridiculous...whether they're true or not.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And that was about the most rudest thing I could hear. Idiots that were lucky? Holy crap, man. That was pretty...ouch. You'd think that the non-believers would just apologize and move on. Idiots that were lucky...
The point is, why would you completely believe something that can't be proven true or otherwise because they refuse to share their sources? It's just...dumb.

Especially with the fact that the truth will be revealed in just a few weeks time.

Darkurai

Smash Master
REMEMBER, GUYS
The community saw the full Melee roster and thought it was fake. We don't want to make that mistake again, and this is the most believable of all the prophets.

One of the cut characters from Melee has a major role in Subspace Emissary
Dramatic and awesome.

He was right about Tingle being an AT, as confirmed through JumpFesta.

Blaziken is a Pokeball pokemon
Oh god yes. Blaziken is my favorite non-legendary Pokémon.

AT's play an important role in SSE.
Unexpected, but not impossible to believe.

-Todd from Pokemon Snap is an AT. He appears in his Zero One vehicle.
=D Pokémon Snap = win.

1. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: PAK E. DERM

Origin: Yoshi's Story (1996)

Hey, wasn't he a Melee trophy? That he was! And he makes his triumphant return! Basically I've heard he's one of the single most annoying AT's in the game other than Devil. He stands on the battlefield for a good long time, blocking off any contact with any enemies on the other side. Don't try to jump over him, it won't work out so well. His sign has gotten the ability to extend its reach. He really closes off the battlefield well.
Sounds horribly annoying.

Also, I heard Raiden will appear in the game in some form.
Raiden was confirmed to be an AT through JumpFesta.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I know that Santa doesn't exist; that was just a comparison, and you still haven't made an effort to defend your contradiction to believing a leaker or saying they're all wrong.
I just told you in simple english. Learn to read.
I know that Santa doesn't exist; that was just a comparison
Well there you go, that is the difference. I don't truly know that all the leakers are fake, but it's FOOLISH to believe in them. What I choose to believe and not believe doesn't make it to be fact, and I never said that it is a "fact" that every single leaker is wrong. I really don't know what you are barking up at this point, because there is no contradiction.

REMEMBER, GUYS
The community saw the full Melee roster and thought it was fake. We don't want to make that mistake again, and this is the most believable of all the prophets.
I hope that was sarcasm. Honestly, I could make an account somewhere and post a bunch of legit sounding things and even post some legit sounding nuances to game mechanics and go into crazy detail and put every current "prophet" to shame if I wanted. It really isn't that hard at all. There is no reason to believe any leaker unless they can provide some kind of proof to their claims. So far, none of them have, and most of them are obviously fake due to their introductions alone.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hey MookieRah, may I ask you...what NEWCOMER do you want most in Brawl?
Megaman, followed closely by Geno. Although I'm very happy as is with the roster (Sonic ftw). I'm not sure what your point was for asking me this though, I'm assuming I'll find out very soon.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder

Mod's are people too you know. No one was trying to one-up anyone. I agree that mods deserve respect, and I respect MookieRah. Matter of factly, I spoke to him politely, gave my stance, and had an actual discussion with him. That's a very respectful thing to do.

Being a mod does not mean everyone should just accept everything you say and people with differing oppinions who are not mods should just tuck-tail and run away.

--

But, to Spin dash. Once again I'd like to point this out. It isn't always black and white. By not believing any "prophet" it does not mean that he believes they are all fake. It means that he's keeping his options open, using his brain, and doing his homework before making a decision. I'm the same way, as I posted about before.

[though I hadn't refreshed the page when I posted this, and it looks like Mookie has already adressed it. *laugh*]

REMEMBER, GUYS
We can learn from that mistake by not immedietly labeling it as fake, not from believing it. We can watch how things pan out, and accept it for what it currently is a piece of information that could potentially be legit, but could also potentially be not.

We don't HAVE to know the roster. Patience is for the best.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I believe this guy still... even if he doesn't update today... people have lives too you know? This is definately the best prophet I've seen so far.
The best at posting information that may or may not be true yet cannot be proven in any way? We shall see about that, won't we.

amost

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that is true.. You have testers. And probably.. the game is well.. finished. So people tested. So there can be leaks. Don't think everything is secured.

For example we also know many things from the demo. So.. it's has been tested.

It's not that I want him to be believed. But.. so far.. I think he is telling the truth.

Ah well we will see :)
I happen to work in software testing, and I can tell you that it's done right up until the last minute before the RTM (release to manufacturing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom