• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll post my results from Phoenix 7 this weekend. Going all Sonic and intend to do well. There's supposed to be quite a few people attending this.

It's hard for me to play defensive as Sonic, on the note of how to defend and keep a stock as Sonic. I find myself adapting a style much like Espy's if I had to relate myself to anybody to be honest. I'm not impatient persay, but I play a passive-aggressive style that focuses around punishing out of shield with things like FAir and the like.

I've been playing on a consistent basis again, so hope to reel in favorable results again. Gonna show the shine I had two years ago from WHOBO 3 and then Genesis 2. I refuse to drown again thanks to a controller's grip ripping. I'm on my A-Game right now, but when I get through with everything, I'll be on S-Rank. It's already building in my head. Strategies of how to fight Ice Climbers, when to go all out with relentless assaults, defending and punishing, how to handle a match per stock...

I haven't been this fired up for Brawl in a while. I'll keep you guys posted, and tune in to Phoenix 7's streaming when it pops up. I'm teaming with a Peach player (DTP) for doubles and then Singles, you'll see where I'm heading.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
People tell im a defensive/patient sonic....but when it comes to playing ike I tend to be less defensive. Mainly because i understand how to punish ike up close(shoutouts to the countless ike dittos I got dragged into).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA9fl4lT9Ik

it's friendlies but you'll get the idea. old vid btw.

True Blue

Smash Lord
NickRiddle's ZP Monthlies
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322969
5-26-2012
24 Entrants

(Singles)
7th - True Blue :sonic:

(Doubles)
3rd - Ryo_Guikido/True Blue :ike: :sonic:

Need to learn more about the Wario and Pikachu matchup lol. Esam's Pikachu was pretty intense to play against. A change in pace from any other Pika's I play lol.

EDIT: Forgot about the tournament before that.

K.U.B. - 5 Dollar Footdives
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322690
5-19-2012

(Singles)
9th - True Blue :sonic:

(Doubles)
2nd - Ryo_Guikido/True Blue :ike: :sonic:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Arcade oddessy Miami FL
5/26/12
19 entrants
2nd :sonic: Chez (Awal) (4_JC)
I need advice on the Marth MU -_-

Gorilla Games Tourney Jacksonville FL
5/19/12
24 entrants
3rd :sonic: Chez (Awal)
I'm still bad against snake -_-

:sonic:

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hahahahaha! You'll have to make it through Shugo, ITT and yours truly. lol Looking forward to seeing another Sonic wreck some stuff in the MW. Be sure to come to the circuit events.
LOOOOOOL, I was just re-reading the thread. I forgot I completly disappeared for like.... 2yrs. Joining the military Johns.

Are any other MW Sonics active? I know Trent from NE sorta went inactive/hiatus status, but anyone else still legit active?

Edit: refrence is a post Excel quoted me on,last post on page 3. Saying I would be going back to IL from SC, and teach the MW a thing or two :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Espy is still sick. X isnt going oos anymore. I play more marvel now. Speed is in school same for shado. Bam excel Xl, bsp, awal, and the others arent and werent that great or are inactive.

Meekspeedy is the best active sonic atm.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Embarrisingly, I have no clue who D1AOS is. I saw his name in the top 5 Sonics, and tried to recall him, but can't. Also, I lurk a lot and haven't seen him post really. Who is this ghost?!?!? Lol

Yea, I still damn near pole jock Espy/X, that hasn't changed. I had meant tho, was MW Sonic players. I think since Trent went inactive in Nebraska, I took the MW Sonic. Unless Excell does dabble from time to time...

True Blue

Smash Lord
Espy is still sick. X isnt going oos anymore. I play more marvel now. Speed is in school same for shado. Bam excel Xl, bsp, awal, and the others arent and werent that great or are inactive.

Man I feel sad... Wasn't even recognized enough to be dissed... LMAO

BSP

Smash Legend

And Meek goes MK

B_AWAL

Smash Master

Hmmmm... I'm glad I was mentioned.

Imma def use this as motivation.

Preciate it folk!

Imma shoot 2 prove myself by Whobo then...

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002

For me its the fact that im not really good and im inactive. Though I was at chu's tourney this past saturday(got 13/17th). Went sonic and ike but I didn't win any tourney matches with sonic, but I won a game with ike(vs serynder's jiggz, but still lost the set). So they put ike next to my name and ike only.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'm never recognized so I've gotten used to it :(. Though i am active just i don't post here a lot and atm a lot of stuff going on like our tourney venue closing and family issues make attempting to travel hard. Though now i do have a means to travel and will be going to Dissention to hopefully do some kind of work.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
SO what do you guys do aside from practice ATs and play friends locally to get better?

I'm stuck doing that and watching vids... LOT of vids -____-

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
SO what do you guys do aside from practice ATs and play friends locally to get better?

Well i played weeklies and bi-weeklies in SC from like 08 to July of 09. Then i joined the military and pretty much havent played brawl since till i went to Nebraska in Febuary and March. Started locals here in April (monthlies)

I havent even watched vids to see Sonic Metagame changes since back in the OG days, :cool: I practice brawl by dropping brawl for Melee.

Still made the Nebraska PR (they included me for placing well/South Dakota is too inactive for a PR, its me and maybe 3 other ppl on the base)

Honestly, Brawl doesnt have as many ATs at Melee, and playing both games has made me better in both games. My melee Falcon sux though, tech skill barrier johns.

But i react quicker and make better reads now, so my Brawl Sonic is just sexier than ever

Edit: I still grab a lot, still abuse pummels to refresh moves. Still space those Bairs, and still use a LOT of cancels and DD to make my Sonic appear really fast and throw ppl off. Same tactics i always used to use. Still seems effective imo

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I usually play Pokemon to improve my predictions and reading skills. Some SF to keep my reaction time down and some Kid Icarus uprising to help with my reflexes. :p

True Blue

Smash Lord

Lol I can't get any practice right now cause everyone is busy, but when I do it's always in friendlies. And the only video I watch is that 761 Miles Per Hour Community Combo Video. More so just because the remix of His World that plays on it pumps me up!

Top Bottom