• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I self analyze and theorize random things I cud try whenever I get a chance. Bcuz normally the only exp I get is tourneys. But laterly I've been very active. I've never traveled this much b4 lol.

Like I've been Heading the scene in Tally 4 a while now but I normally just tell them 2 go practice. I work all day, have a GF and DJ at nights. My time has always been mad limited but bcuz I've been tryina expand on DJing in various cities I've been able 2 travel 2 diff tourneys.

:sonic:

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14583740#post14583740
Date: Saturday, June 16, 2012
Singles
Entrants: 31

1st: JMan :sonic:

Doubles
Entrants: 5 teams

1st: JMan :sonic: and WINNA :snake:, :gw:

Also SHOUTOUTS

Espy- DownB to Nair, FFDownB to Nair (x4 b4 they caught on)
Dthrow Tech chase till death- Tried, racked up 70% before they started punishing me for it. I let that one ride, lol
BoxoBairs/WEDGE Wallin'- pretty much once a set, i spammed it so bad it was the ONLY i landed for a stock or so :p
KID- Shiz to DACUS on a sheik for a kill, and spammed it on her but was getting punished. Not quite "as many times as possible" but i attempted it nonetheless

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Good **** JMAN!!!

:sonic:
Thanks

Also: Salt- Played a D3 on castle siege. 1st stock i racked him to 160+%, got a chased kill on the first stage segment. I was at 30 some on percent. Stage change 1 occurs. I got hit by a waddle dee and he got a grab. Walked me entirley across and off. Ouch....... :awesome:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
LOL at boxobairs being renamed the Wedge Wall. when did that happen

Nice job tho, how good are the people you beat?
1st: i called it Wedge Wallin' about a week or so ago. The metagame and players have changed, so must our memes :p

2nd: Umm... myself included, i would say there are maybe 8 or so "competent" smashers in all of Rapid City, SD (but that seems to be the whole state. Apparently 6hr+ away at one of the Universities, there are some "sleepers" but im inclined to believe there defenition of "good" (me curb stomping them) and my defition of good (what we all know as good, lol) are different thigns

Winner's Semi- Played a Diddy for the first time since like... 2009. Game one went to the last 35 seconds due to us playing cautiously and neither getting the upper hand with naners (shoutouts to reading BAM's theorycraft in the diddy MU thread ;) ) Game 2 i got smashed at 160+ on my last stock and missed the DI, he was at 215% and i wanted to keep hitting my stale Bair (coughWEDGEWALLIN'cough) and kill with the Uthrow in YI. Game 3, almost a JB 3 stock

Winner's Finals- Played a D3. Game one FD, he squeezed it out. Games 2 i won, BF. I got walked off 1 time in game 3 :/ and still won on Castle Siege Game 4, He squeezed out, Game 5, a solid 2 stock

Grand Finals- Same D3, GERMY. 3-0 him solidly. The "decent" players in my area peruse smashboards, practice there "tech skill" and ask questions/opinions. Things players do to get better (gain knowledge, gain experience, progress).

1 guy stationed on Ellsworth AFB is sorta a monster in Melee and some days he 3-4 stocks me like a no0b. He is from FL and used to play with HBox, RockCrock, ect b4 he enlisted. He is damn good at Brawl and is a sheik main. Last month he entered and went Ike in Winner's Finals, then Shiek in GF and lost to me. That's about our brawl history together. We only practice Melee now

TL;DR: SD is a dead, sorry state. I used to play in SC/NC a LOT with a decent crowd. I feel here is free, and when i traveled to Nebraska 2 months in a row, i took 4th and 5th in like... 12man tourneys. They, however, have a SKILLED *** melee scene/arent ******** and understand brawl. Im a good player, but me placing 1st month after month here isnt really brag worthy.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
My next tournament is on the 30th in Nebraska. No idea of the turnout, but they have been averaging like i said b4, 12 or so. Took 7th and then 5th in Melee, took something like 4th and then 5th in Brawl

I want to try for top 3 in Brawl if possible. But Melee is a lot harder of a stepping stone. But, you'll see the results probably a day or 2 after

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
lol when people get tech chase grabbed racking up to more than 30% i usually just legit put down my controller and turn and shack my head at them, then pick my controller back up and do it again. :p

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
How hard did MK carry him? :applejack:
I was at work, so I didnt have much time to check the tournament or results thread.

Also, no idea if vids are out.
\
"Toronto Joe" placed 4th in Singles, and Meek/T.J placed third in teams.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323963

DOUBLES (32 TEAMS)

1: Kain and MJG ($346.50) / +
2: Sparta Kick and Seagull ($157.50) /
3: Toronto Joe & Meekspeedy ($94.50) /
4: Lain and Kenny ($63.00) /
5: Ally and Gio + / +
(good wins, in doubles)

SINGLES (75 ENTRANTS))

1: Ally ($360.00) /
2: Shugo ($165.00) /
3: MJG ($105.)00 /
4: Toronto Joe ($60.00)
^^^
That should probably tell you, lol

Tesh

Smash Hero
Espy, please go through my old results and complain about how pokemon trainer carried me to 25th place.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There was a free tournament here in SA yesterday that counted for the Texas PR, so I went to go and see how I'd do. I ended up getting fourth, losing to Nike in WB and K Prime in LB. WB went to last game, last hit, last stock, but I don't remember how close LB was. Prime definitely wasn't in KO %s on his last stock though. Somewhere around 80% or something.

Did better than I thought I would, but I definitely felt sluggish. I didn't think the little hiatus I went on would really affect me to that extent. I felt very "heavy" in my matches, and kept having ridiculous knee-jerk reactions to some moves.

I think I just need to get refreshed in the game. Just play it a bit more to learn how to play again.

Still, not too bad. :applejack:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well congratz anyway espy on placing well considering your recent setback.

Yesterday i went to Dissention, i did well i guess i lost to Pwii (i couldn't really focus)and MikeRay4. Against mikeray both games went to last stock >___< but for some reason i decided to forget that the C4 was still there when castle siege transformed and blew myself up. But i did get a nice jablock to dsmash kill during the 2nd phase a a nice 90%., followed by a nice spring trap that lead to a uair. I don't exactly know what place i got though. Also played Ally in some friendlies, them dthrow tech chases -____- even if i was able to take a stock with a spring trap, his snake felt so much, smarter than the others i played. But even so i had fun!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324700

Brawl Singles
Entrants: 11

7: JMan :sonic:

Brawl Doubles
Entrants: 7 teams

5: JMan :sonic: and Selodin :ike: (thread currently has that wrong, he went all :ike: for dbls play...)

Aside, 7th out of 11 in melee, and 4th in teams. Singles, came to last stock, last hit on FD vs a Fox main, so i wasnt too upset with that. Doubles, came to very last stock, game 3 and i chocked on tech skill, ledge tricksies :/

Brawl, was bad. To elaborate, we showed at 11:30, and tourny didnt really kick off till 4 or 5pm. Dbls ran for both games at once. Singles began waaaaay late at night, and between all my melee friendlies, losing to a good Metaknight, I had already given up on Brawl for more Melee practice.

Going again in a month or two, that showing will be corrected. Back to ****** SD I suppose :awesome:

___X___

Smash Lord
To clarify things, that wasn't me who posted that last post.
But since Meek so happened to reply like that, I'll simply outplace him at any event we both attend in the future.
Just like I did at Apex.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
To clarify things, that wasn't me who posted that last post.
But since Meek so happened to reply like that, I'll simply outplace him at any event we both attend in the future.
Just like I did at Apex.
I mean, a perception of what I think of myself is simply a show of confidence...

But since you made a post like THAT...
:yeahboi:
Didn't you lose to Illmatic? People have expectations of you. (No offense to Illmatic. He'd body me, I mean...he beat the great X) @ least when I lose to people, I'm not @ some national level of play like you are, so I can be excused for it. In reality and the grand scheme of things, I'm really bad at smash.
:yeahboi:

Still <3 you, I know you're better than me (A list on smashboards tells me that), but you didn't need to come @ me. And even IF you didn't make the 1st post, it's factual that you made the 2nd one. That response was 100% d-bag status. I didn't say anything to offend you at all. I simply showed confidence, and didn't say anything offensive or mean towards you. You showed that you're cocky, and came @ me w/ no reason. Sounds like someone is getting jealous/self conscious of how popular I'm becoming. People don't think I'm better than you, so you have no need to worry. I myself don't think I am, either. I probably never will be.

I respect you as a player, and at often looked up to you. Y'know what? I don't think you're good. I think you're great. Continue doing what you do, 'cause it works.

tl;dr X dabes

Top Bottom