• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Skoaraan says hi.

No idea what that means.
When I go to APEX, $20 money match? Use whoever.

:phone:
Ill probably switch between fox and sonic.
lolz at how this turned into a bash KID discussion cuz last time i remember he was using sonic before most of you and at a much higher level than some of you before he took a break. Not trying to start stuff here just meaning to say leave the poor guy be :s. Also i might be trying to head out to Apex next year but idk yet planning is in process.
1. I appreciate the respect. Good to know at least one person still knows the concept.
2. I was at a higher level than most of these scrubs. not some. Everybody minus X and Espy tbqh.
3. Dont feel that you need to defend me. I can deal with the hate just fine. Dont be afraid to continue praising though.
4. Dude! You should totally come out to apex, I havent seen you in years man!

Yo Bring your hot sister too. She is fine as hay-el.

That doesn't mean I can't bootycheek his Sonic.
Get that homo-thug wanna-be nonsense outta here. Im going to rock you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Marth main that beat you at the national before APEX.

Your Sonic is cake.
1. that was ktar. Ktar wasnt a national. SUPER ktar was a national, but that was last week and i wasnt there.
2. Last national before apex was pound 5. You know, the one I practiced and trained for.
3. what did I place at pound 5? Oh? Highest placing sonic? Only sonic out of pools? really? huh... how bout dat.

My sonic is that high class expensive cheesecake. You love it. But you can only handle so much of it before it just overwhelms you.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wait... KID was @ APEX?

:sonic:

Still u ppl need to feed me more vids 2 watch in the Cinema thread

O yea BTW Tru we need to find on the secret to beating ZSS -___-

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325546
Mega Mass Madness
July 21st 2012
Doubles
5th out of 12
Singles
13th out of 40
KC.24 :sonic:

Well starting to understand MK a lot more though still got some work to do. messed up Vs Quest's TL and let him camp me out TOO much. :( But for my 2nd OoS tourney in about 3 or 4 years not bad if i do say so myself. IDK if any of the matches i had are going to be uploaded though i'll find out.

Getting there slowly but surely.........one of these days....

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Woodbridge Presents: Goodbye Quick Place!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325566
7/21/12
Doubles: 3rd out of 11
Singles: 9th out of 27
Da1AndOnlySonic - :sonic:

Overall, I am happy with my performance at this event. My mindset is getting a closer to what I've been aiming for for quite some time now, and it was evident in a lot of the doubles matches and singles matches I had.

In doubles, although me and Kadaj didn't have much team chemistry, we ended up holding our own and clutching it out enough to make it all the way to LF after losing our first doubles match. I was stock tanking a lot better than I have been in previous doubles tourneys, and it aided a lot in some of the close calls we had.

In singles I lost to Iota and Kadaj, Iota playing Wario and Kadaj playing MK. I took Iota to game 3, the first match I won on Smashville (1 stock low %, the second match I lost on Delfino (2 stock kill %), the third match I lost on FD (1 stock mid/high %). After that Iota wanted to play a few more matches to get a bit more Sonic experience, and I accepted. The following match I was able to get a 2 stock win on him, which shows me my Sonic's potential when I reach that level of skill -with consistency- that I desire. Unfortunately after that loss I had to face Dark Flame, who I didn't really want to run into this tourney considering our history in SoVA, though this is what happens with early losses. After winning against Dark Flame and then winning against Smash I had to face Kadaj who decided to play MK. I lost both matches on Smashville, 1 stock low and 1 stock mid respectively. Both matches I threw away an early first stock by spindashing into a shuttle loop off stage. That aside, I feel like I played relatively solid against his MK (especially since he was playing very safe and relatively campy).

Games aside, the only other thing I was disappointed about at this tourney was not being able to use my primary controller (which is the controller I've been using since I first got a gamecube). Apparently there's a problem with it where my character will automatically guard, regardless of what I am holding down. Therefore, I had to use my backup controller, which unfortunately has a slight problem with control stick sensitivity. It's not too big of a deal though, I should definitely have a new controller purchased and be ready to rock and roll for the next tourney I go to. :)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
3rd in M.T, tied with Tesh for... 25th I want to say.... in regular bracket. True Blue got 49th I think in regular bracket. I cannot remember teams placings. GJ to True Blue/Ryo in dubz tho ;)

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
World HOBO 4 (The Final WHOBO)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326126
August 4th-5th
out of 96
25th Espy :sonic: :pimp:
25th Tesh :sonic: :shades:
----Pools----
49th Zero :sonic:
65th BSP :sonic:
65th True Blue :sonic:

Mid Tier Singles
Out of 63
3rd Espy :sonic:
17th Tesh :sonic:
17th BSP :sonic:
49th True Blue :sonic:

There was a mixup where Zero wasn't enterred into the mid tier bracket, which really sucks because it would have been a perfect 64. Also a few people were DQed from mid tiers for being late on day 2 of the tournament.

I tried and failed with Wario in singles and sheik in mid tier singles.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Dimensions 5
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=327598
September 8th, 2012
Out of 23
7th--KC.24 ((sonic))

Well did work today defeated a metaknight, a marth/falco and a peach. all of which were ranked in NE so yea caused quite the amount of upsets. Though still got a lot of work to do sadly i wasn't thinking and didn't save the replays even when i could've. >___<

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Who you beat isnt important. Who you lost to and why is what in critical to your improvement as a player, I would like to hear about those matches.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well i lost to a ZSS who I've played before a long time ago. The ZSS we have here in RI doesn't really use Dsmash tp stop my spin dashes and isn't really mobile so i kinda had trouble with that. But during game 3 i learned he can't handle hard aggression from me but by the time i really started applying that it was too late. Then i lost to Bloodcross's MK. SD'd game 1 when i had a solid stock lead due to me somehow inputting Dair when i was hanging on the ledge and then game 2 on YI i let myself get too comfortable abusing iSDR and it cost me a lot of damage from nado. I'm still trying to figure out when exactly spin dash and spin charge can beat out nado as i remember seeing videos where X would do it. I also forgot to post my placing for dubz which we placed 5th in. By the time they did mid tier dubz both me and my partner were exhausted so that didn't go too well.

Overall had a good time and put in some work for RI, though next time definitely gonna try to take some more names though supposedly I'm getting put on the NE PR so i guess i can be happy about that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its easier to just go in under the assumption that tornado beats spindash always. the circumstances where the reverse is true are so few and far between thats its not worth trying unless you are 100% sure it will work.

zss doesnt have anything that can beat your shield, but at the same time, if you stay in one place she can trap the hell out of you, so when in doubt always shield and look for the grab, but other wise learn how to stick and move and like you said, be aggressive.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i also have a feeling I'm going to need to learn the diddy MU, i've been practicing single naner locks and setups that lead into it but i still find diddy to be difficult to deal with though it could just be that my banana control needs work.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You can always have better item control.

Ive been practicing the SNL too. its hard for me...

The main thing we probably should learn about the diddy matchup is how to hit him when hes offstage. people miss and mess up a lot of oppurtunities to gimp him and/or rack damage on him, which can be the turning point of a match, especially with a character that can build momentum as quickly as he can.

BSP

Smash Legend
Zero was saying a while ago that a 100% Fresh iSDR will beat nado, but it will lose if it's not fresh.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Zero was saying a while ago that a 100% Fresh iSDR will beat nado, but it will lose if it's not fresh.
think about the number of times you spindash in a match.

you get 3 chances to have a fresh spindash.

Its better to just assume nado will always win.

Top Bottom