• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Throwback

Smash Lord
toby: Agreed...but any player who gets good w/ MK will do better than they otherwise would have using a different character.

I think everyone knows that it wouldn't make any difference to the outcome what character I play against you. But what about scabe/jon? That's a different story.

Toby.

Smash Master
toby: Agreed...but any player who gets good w/ MK will do better than they otherwise would have using a different character.

I think everyone knows that it wouldn't make any difference to the outcome what character I play against you. But what about scabe/jon? That's a different story.
Perhaps. But I have a lot of experience in the matchup... Far more than ACT, since I've been playing it almost every day for about a year :bee:

Actually wait thats probably more like 6-8 months. Still quite a bit!

This argument can apply to literally every single character in the game.

Literally.

LITTEEEERRAAAALLLLYYY
That doesn't make it any less true Conor. I'm not saying MK isn't good. I'm saying that they dont have enough time to become good with MK before the next tournament. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nanda

Smash Ace
Im willing to take everyone on in MK dittos, just to prove that MK isn't the little golden ticket that will win you everything.
Skills don't instantly transfer when you change to MK. It takes a bit of getting used to.

This all makes it sound like you think I'm not actually good at the game. I just do good cuz I main MK.

Toby.

Smash Master
Are you referring to me in that last bit nanda?

ALSO TO CLARIFY: I'm not saying that using mk won't help john/satra do better over a long period of time. Obviously that is false. What I'm saying is that you guys will hardly **** the next tournament if you all pick up MK. This is because the people who would normally place top 5 at any given tournament ALREADY have plenty of anti mk experience. You can't make up that gap in a week or two. So people like john or satra wont necessarily do any better than usual in such a small period of time, and players with less practice/skill will still probably place below top 8.

Nanda I'll play you in a mk ditto.

Throwback

Smash Lord
Maybe top ACT couldn't get 'good' with MK in time for the next tourney, but it wouldn't take long.

And MU experience is nice (I'm sure I know the mario MU better than 99% of smashers), but if it's all against the same person then you can still lose quite easily to someone else playing the same character. This applies moreso for MK, because there are so many patterns and playstyle that will be successful for a good player.

edit: Nvm you beat me to the punch.

Nanda: For the record I personally think you are a good player.

Edit2: Though why you care what others think of your skill level is beyond me

Stray_

Smash Apprentice
For the record, I would rather come up against an mk in a tourney rather than say a diddy kong. Simply because I play mk all the time and rarely play diddy, I know the match up way better

C~Dog

Smash Champion
For the record, I would rather come up against an mk in a tourney rather than say a diddy kong. Simply because I play mk all the time and rarely play diddy, I know the match up way better
I would rather play against MK too, because I hate Diddy with the white hot intensity of a thousand exploding suns.

EDIT: Also Nanda is just a really smart player ahah. And that makes his MK all the more deadly O:

EDITEDIT: Oh okay Toby I misunderstood you. Althought technically it takes time to get good with all characters too ;P

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Agree with Toby, if all the ACT players used MK next tournament it would make little to no difference, if anything I think you would place worse. People have way to much experience in the MU, while MK is easy to use because he is crazy broken you still need to understand what he can do and how other characters can beat him. I'm willing to bet I could beat the majority of you guys using Ike if you played MK because you don't know how to play the character. Like when Alzi played MK against my Ike I 2 stocked him. The same thing would happen if you played Toby, although you would get three stocked. I think Nanda could beat my Ike though since he should understand how to play MK by now. The same thing applies to all characters really and MK is like a double edged sword you have the advantage of a crazy broken character but the disadvantage of everyone knowing the match-up and knowing it well. You will have to main MK to place well with him. Yes I think that in the long run scabe and silfa would place better using MK. Also Toby would 2 stock Nanda.

TLDR: If you use MK next tournament you will fail.

Toby.

Smash Master
I'm all for you guys picking up MK and having a bit of a lol at tournaments a month or so down the track. I just don't want you to have unreasonable expectations in case it ends in disappointment :(

edit: I don't think I would 2 stock nanda.

Scabe I forgive you.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I know how to use mk, I at least could pull it off, so could scabe and silfa who muck around with mk abit.

mr "no one from act will get top 8 at thriller"

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I actually wouldn't mind to see if I fail or not fail if I gave MK a shot in a tourney. It would bust that myth of if I picked a high tier character I'd be ****. Not true at all.

Toby.

Smash Master
I know how to use mk, I at least could pull it off, so could scabe and silfa who muck around with mk abit.

mr "no one from act will get top 8 at thriller"
Yes but do you think it would make you place higher?

Can you see your metaknight beating shaya, ted, scott or liam?

If it doesn't end up placing you higher it doesn't really achieve anything :/

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dammit zero you broke our chain.

anyways which of you noobs are coming with me and julian this weekend?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Ranga rage could also work. Yeah I guess I was wrong, one of you scrubs managed to make top 8. None of you will do it at Robocop though;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ohohohoho, toby is forbidden to tell you at this point (although he can and will anyway)
but act has a super secret trump card, and it will **** your socks right off.
off they go...

Throwback

Smash Lord
scabe you would probably win everything if you mained MK....unless people like shaya pick him up as well. Don't pretend you don't know this.

Luke when are you going to reveal the 'secret trump card'?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
then the staples will melt into your bones and you'll have metal bone legs and be able to kick through 12 inches of steel.
as amazing as this sounds, your still wont have any socks, so get *****.

also cant watch the song cause I'm at work :( will do later.

reveal it? we'll see ;)

tedeth

Smash Master
Don't reveal it. Build the hype so much that people will be raging and yelling at us to tell them, then reveal it just before Robocop and watch them all fall to their knees, crying with joy and amazement at the phenominal sight they see before them!

Nanda

Smash Ace
One of us better get top 8 at Robocop. We need that shiz man. To uphold the great justice that is the Elite Cardigan.

Top Bottom