• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
I'm free Friday and maybe Wednesday and Thursday afternoons for some practice. Also, someone needs to import the Ike model over ICs :D

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
Katzen your harsh man, i was just trying to show/teach techno... you went and sicked Stephanie on him, she has no remorse and will never forgive him now. and the fact that she's in here puts all of our lives in danger.

and yes scabe I've seen that Ike climbers picture and had a revelation, it's so good, and so true.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Katzen your harsh man, i was just trying to show/teach techno... you went and sicked Stephanie on him, she has no remorse and will never forgive him now. and the fact that she's in here puts all of our lives in danger.
She's so hot.

It's getting all steamy in here.

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
So, are there any last minute practice sessions/pre-business time stuff like last time? You up for stuff Thursday afternoon/Friday, Scabe? Also, how long is Luke banned for? :p

cheese619

Smash Ace
Whatever you do, don't go to Luke Patio's house.
You could even win some of your money back....... if you're good enough.

Wolf`

Smash Cadet
Shutup Felix, everyone knows it's impossible to avoid Ike's f-smash.

Also BT2 was really good, high hopes for it reviving our dying scene.
Good to see Sydney and Cao too.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Mara brought my megaten obsessing self in here. Persona is pretty cool.
Hi Scabe ♥ don't lose interest in the game ;-;
Hello other cool guys.
back to lurkin here for no reason.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I'm EVERYWHERE.
No seriously.... I just come in here to look around occasionally, it's pretty humorous in here at times ♥

Nanda

Smash Ace
I'm a bit over Smash. A nice break from it should remedy this problem.
Dave always leaves his watch, and his phone, and his dignity.
I wanna get into SSF4. We should have a meet after tests are over to play SC2, Smash, and I can play SSF4 by myself T_T.

ACT scene da bess. It aint dying, but the interest in smash is.

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
ACT scene isn't dying, it's just that Battle.net doesn't have a LAN option, so we can all play SC2 from home. No one gives a flying sac about Smash because it's a terrible game and we all hate it. Metaknight is bloody stupid, Lylat Cruise is the worst level in the world, Brawl Backroom is populated by neckbeards and basements, and Ike's f-smash is unavoidable.

We only post in this thread because the Starcraft 2 forums are full of Q.Q and fail.

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
i was never really interested in smash from the start, well i lie. it's a fun game, but it's just the people i keep coming back for really.... scabe's ability to own me with every character, vk's ability to pwn me with the worst character in the game, luke's stupid face is fun to laugh at, nanda's overall coolness and ability to own me with every character, julian's toon link from hell, kev the 12 yr old who i think i took 1 stock from ever in all our history of maches, jon's invincible DK who i beat once and everyone remembered and actually thought i was good, but generally always beats me... **** this game... why don't you all pick up halo 2? then i'll **** everyone twice over.... and the scene is not dead, it's just smash is **** and i hate it

Shiniest

Smash Apprentice
wow zia, post at the same time and the same conclusion, that's how **** this game is.. and i say it outta love

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
That's right, Felicks, this game is bad no matter who you talk to.

Nanda

Smash Ace
You can't play SC2 over LAN????? If so, Blizzard is dumb.

SSF4 looks ****** and is actually respectable, unlike Smash.

When do you finish tests and **** Jon?? Also, what is everyone else doing these days, we should have a meet when everybody stops being busy.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
To Those Attending the March 8th "Mario Pro" Tournament,

If you haven't already inferred the fact, you may call me Katzenjammer, Katzen, or Katz (whichever you prefer). I am a resident of Canberra, Brawl Player and past psuedo-competitor in the last Canberra tournament (Shaya, you'll remember me as that guy who death-stared at you until you stopped talking).

As many of you are aware, there is a tournament being hosted by Luke Atyeo in Canberra. Concerning this, there have been a number of references in earlier threads to the as-of-yet not fully explained "Canberra Rules" that will be in effect and enforced for the duration of the competition. As a co-developer of the Canberra Rules (refered to hereafter as "The Rules") and friend of Luke (i.e. the host of the event, in case you had missed that bit), I offered to post a piece explaining the rules and their implications for the benefit of you, the Competitors (refered to hereafter as "randies").

As such, here are The Rules (unabridged, and non-negotiable):

Rule #1: Any randies who use Meta-Knight during any tournament match (warm-ups excluded) will recieve a punch to the face delivered by Rein, or a Canberran competitor in lieu of him. If multiple Canberran parties are present, the person who delivers the punch will be decided randomly (dice roll). This punch may be delivered on the spot, without warning, from the instant Meta-Knight is selected. It may also be reserved and delivered at any time during the match in which Meta-Knight is used.

Match results that may have been altered by the administration of the punch are to be considered fair and valid outcomes. Subsequent knock-outs (tournament or otherwise) are the responsibility of the randie(s) using Meta-Knight. It is recommended that "Falcon Punch!" is yelled upon the administration of the punch for added effect.

Any punches dodged, parried, blocked or missed are to be re-attempted. Glancing hits are only to be re-attempted if the randie appears to be making a facial expression that does not suggest pain, as judged by the randie's opponent.

-------------------------------CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED----------------------------------------

Rule #2: The practice of ledge-hogging (occupying a ledge before your opponent in order to stop him from recovering) is frowned upon. It is accepted that it may only be used by randies using Samus, as there is really no other hope for her. Any randies not using Samus who employ ledge-hogging during a tournament match (warm-ups excluded) is assumed to be a heterosexual woman who has come to the competition in order to impress the other randies into sleeping with her. Comments about her appearance, sexuality, and suggestions of an obscene nature are obligatory.

Rule #3: Marth is actually a woman. Any randie(s) who uses Marth in a tournament match (warm-ups excluded) are assumed to be a deluded, permiscuous 29-year-old woman desperately trying to convince herself that she's still young and attractive. Comments about her appearance, sexuality, and queries about recent STD and pregnancy tests are obligatory.

Rule #4: Chain-throws and infinites are considered a form of masturbation. It is assumed that any randies using chain-throws or infinites have the uncontrollable urge to masturbate. Public masturbation is both illegal and disgusting; as such, chain-throws and infinites are banned. Using chain-throws or infinites will result in penalties.

Rule #5: Snake is overpowered. Winning with Snake is like winning at a pie-eating contest: everyone hopes you choke. If you use Snake, it is assumed that you are loud, fat, have red hair, and cannot win any other way. Comments about weight, body odour, and fire-related erectile dysfunction are obligatory.

Rule #6: Randies using Mario or Luigi in a tournment match (warm-ups excluded) are assumed to be excellent players worthy of our respect. These randies are to be referred to collectively as "Mario Pros". Extra bonus points may be awarded to Mario/Luigi players at the discretion of the host (not likely).

Rule #7: Tie-breaker matches (not sudden death) are to be played using Gannondorf only. The only attack permissible in this case is Gannondorf's stomp (Down+A while in air). Any other form of attack used in the match emasculates the user to the point of gender-transition. Comments concerning group sex and inter-species erotica are obligatory.

Rule #8: If any randie(s) should win a tournament having used only Captain Falcon, they are to be immediately awarded 10,000 Internets and infinite girlfriends.

The Rules are subject to change without notice. Any changes to the rules will be posted here. It is the responsibility of the randies to keep informed of updates and changes. Any queries can be posted in this thread, or directed to Luke Atyeo or Katzen. Suggestions and changes will be decided by the Canberran Smash community as a whole.

It is a condition of entry to the Canberra "Mario Pro" Tournament that you accept The Rules. By entering the Tournament you acknowledge that you have read and understand The Rules, will follow the Rules for the duration of the Tournament, and accept sole responsibility (civil and legal) for any injury sustained through the use of Meta-Knight.

There you have it; make sure you understand The Rules fully before making any stupid decisions.
That gave me a good laugh Zia :laugh:

Edit: Anyone want to Smash sometime this week? Give me a call and chances are I'll be free for some Smash. I gotta practice for Robocop and get out of this slump I'm in.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I'm done with tests altogether on friday, but tomorrow is the day with tests that are difficult. I have AST next week though I guess, not that I really need to do anything for that.

I'll probably be free for a few hours on Thursday.

Top Bottom