• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adjusting the Damage Ratio to 1.1 for Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Well after reading just the first page and jumping to this page all i have to say is... -_-

but on a related note id actually be willing to try the 1.1 change. My biggest reason of support probably being that it seems the metagame has gone stale. I hadn't been to smashboards for about 5 months up until a week ago. and from what i see not much has changed in terms of the game. That being said, the game isnt going to change much more.

So id be willing to try to play on 1.1 and see what happens. In all honesty it seems like the refreshing that brawl needs right now.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I can see why making the change would cause concern. However, I think we should test it at least at tourneys and stuff and make a decision then...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well... people don't ever bother on testing... That kills the mood pretty badly...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

Other than some DDD's data and some complaints about MK/Snake, nobody really posted feedback...

are you serious?

because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

I posted a **** ton of data that I found out. I was THE DRIVE behind this thread

I was the ONLY ONE posting data for a couple pages.

you saying that only DDD data was posted aside from people complaining about MK/snake proves that you're an idiot

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
are you serious?

because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

I posted a **** ton of data that I found out. I was THE DRIVE behind this thread

I was the ONLY ONE posting data for a couple pages.

you saying that only DDD data was posted aside from people complaining about MK/snake proves that you're an idiot
Why you got butthurt so easy? I wasn't even trying to argue.
My point was that there wasn't enough data... That's it.
I'd test it by myself and provide feedback if here was anyone to play with (and no, WiFi isn't useful).

z0mfg

Smash Rookie
I suggested this veeery long time ago on AiB, but I got shot down in 2 seconds.

Maybe there'll be more analyzing over here
Lol I just tried this too in AiB too a few means ago, got shot down too pretty fast, lmao they get so close-minded people on their ruleset commite stuff or w/e it's called :(

z0mfg

Smash Rookie
Ever considered this facts?: (about 1.1 Damage Ratio)

- Marth has no chain grab to meteor smash anymore, also, no grab + tipper
- Falco can't chain grab
- Jiggly's down B is more rewarding now
- Some Captain Falcon B moves will become way more useful
- Link's projectyles will be much more useful (Samus' too)
- Ganon's strength will be well rewarded now
- Zelda's Projectyles more usefull
- Pikachu can't 100% grab Fox nor Wolf
- PKMN trainer's:
- Charizard's FAir will actually knockback more effectively
- Haven't checked much about other 2 pkmns
- Sonic's U air will actually be much more dangerous and his combo's damage will be more useful compared to how much lower damage he will need to kill with. (yeah, most of Sonic's spin + something combos will stand)
- Damage dealth by Ness' PK fire will be more helpful since of Damage Scale ~> Kill (like sonic's combos)
- MK's tornado easier to stop and more DI-able
- JIgglypuff will have much more better edgeguarding since her attacks will knockback harder.
- Character's coming back will not be guaranteed and will accelerate the pace of the game.

and much more I bet I haven't noticed...'till now

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol @ Zelda's projectyles being useful.
And obviously, strong attacks are much more rewarding (like Rest or Ganon's everything).

Everything else should be tested, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom