• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advancing the Metagame - Little Facts We Need To test!

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Ganon's upB has NO hitstun so any character with a fast enough aerial can hit him directly after it finishes (like a fair from Marth, nair from TL, or a dair from Falco)

they being said, one of my best friends is a Ganon main and I've never been able to land a hit after it :(

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ganon's upB has NO hitstun so any character with a fast enough aerial can hit him directly after it finishes (like a fair from Marth, nair from TL, or a dair from Falco)

they being said, one of my best friends is a Ganon main and I've never been able to land a hit after it :(
I believe it only gets that weird property at 90% +

That being said, I want someone to test all our aerials (dair/bair/uair especially) to see if any would hit, if buffered or not buffered.

I would test - but no wii.

EDIT:

Grenade throw.. an aerial??? :/ I don't think specials allow you to fastfall... anyone want to find out?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969

Tub

Smash Apprentice
These "special properties" are dependant on the character being attacked; as for snake, hitsun went away when he was around > 50%. That being said, I was not able to hit ganon with any aerial, since ganon leaps backward after landing his up-b, however, it will most likely work for characters that have a quick, forward-reaching aerial (probably everyone with a z-air)

p.s. I dont know why (maybe it's my vast interests with the human mind) but...
HSTALOF (what does this mean?)

SuSa

These "special properties" are dependant on the character being attacked; as for snake, hitsun went away when he was around > 50%. That being said, I was not able to hit ganon with any aerial, since ganon leaps backward after landing his up-b, however, it will most likely work for characters that have a quick, forward-reaching aerial (probably everyone with a z-air)

p.s. I dont know why (maybe it's my vast interests with the human mind) but...
HSTALOF (what does this mean?)
Thanks for testing, and I have no clue about HSTALOF. I will assume you attemped buffering, and every aerial. :)

I don't have a wii :urg:
:( neither do I

SuSa

I did a search for posts, and it was only shown in your 3 posts saying it.

Find the post I said it in, or PM and I may be able to help.

Because it seems like gibberish to me.

(Havokk stupidly talks about lots of facts) --- lol

Tub

Smash Apprentice
maybe this will ring a bell: ILYAIWALYFAENMWH, oh, and where's 91?
(yes im rather curious at this point...)

SuSa

I love you and I will always love you for an eternity no matter what happens.

I can't remember HSTALOF still. :( if I know I'll PM you, we're getting largely off topic....

Anyone want to thoroughly test our grab release stuff? (for the grab release chaingrabs)

SuSa

SuSa

This:

"Test: What Up-B's does Ftilt Stop?
Answered: In Testing"

If you could also test utilt...also change up-B to "recoveries" (Falco/Fox/Wolf side-b's as well)

Basically seeing who we outprioritize when they recover... to see if we can **** them mid recovery.

Tub

Smash Apprentice
hmmm.... drunk..... yeah, you also said that once i finish testing this you would give me shiny-red mod powers... it's ok if you've forgotten, but it was a promise.

EDIT: (to help Hav... dammit, SuSa! calm down)
snake, nades, testing, uummmm... little facts!

:)

Panix

Smash Ace
nair is snakes godsend <3 people need to use it more.

good for intercepting peoples recoverys and great when DJC to a u tilt or f tilt.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
The Dair is strongest of the aerials and the fastest, but it also has the smallest range of any of his aerials. It's the best DI aerial he has and can survive with it up to ( with some luck and major skill of spacing ) 220%. But this barely ever happens and your opponent would have to be an idiot not to K.O him rather than blindly throwing out a smash attack.

Dair is good if being hit up because of auto fast fall, but bair has the Shortest animation best to use if being hit from the side for DI, because you can double jump right away. It may come out the fastest ,but that doesn't mean anything in helping you DI <_<

Dair
1st kick 3
2nd kick 11
3rd kick 22
last kick 33

Bair

Frame data from the snakes Frame data thread proves this. That bair is the superior choice for DI

SuSa

Dair is good if being hit up because of auto fast fall, but bair has the Shortest animation best to use if being hit from the side for DI, because you can double jump right away. It may come out the fastest ,but that doesn't mean anything in helping you DI <_<

Dair
1st kick 3
2nd kick 11
3rd kick 22
last kick 33

Bair

Frame data from the snakes Frame data thread proves this. That bair is the superior choice for DI
The only thing that matters is when it ends, or the soonest IASA frame.

Although bair > dair unless you just can't seem to fastfall....

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, we are going to be using this thread as the home of advancing our metagame still. However, we will be getting new ideas and testing them.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm sort of glad this got bumped, we haven't been as productive as when SuSa was here. But since he's gone, shouldn't we be making a new thread like this or something?

ErikG

Smash Ace
I'm sort of glad this got bumped, we haven't been as productive as when SuSa was here. But since he's gone, shouldn't we be making a new thread like this or something?
This thread is already made up, it saves time. Also, with Susa as the OP it'll remind us of a time of productivity, secretly driving us to become better more productive Snakes.

Underload

Lazy
we our we
We? Did you consult anyone about this, or do you have to power to just make all the decisions yourself now? >>;

I have an AT / intro thread that has already helped a few people (I've made it clear that I still want to expand it with new things), Berk made a thread dedicated to projectile tips / uses / exploits, and we have a bustling social where you could post tiny things. You did NOT need to bump this at all. The last post was 11 months ago, isn't that enough evidence?

Yes, I know I'm getting butthurt about this. Why? Because it's unacceptable, what you've been doing recently. You've already tried to take over matchup dicussion after it had been open for only a month, because I, according to you, wasn't doing anything.

The reason I bring this up? You need to consult other people before rushing in head-first with decisions, because those decisions might turn up to be idiotic otherwise.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We? Did you consult anyone about this, or do you have to power to just make all the decisions yourself now? >>;

I have an AT / intro thread that has already helped a few people (I've made it clear that I still want to expand it with new things), Berk made a thread dedicated to projectile tips / uses / exploits, and we have a bustling social where you could post tiny things. You did NOT need to bump this at all. The last post was 11 months ago, isn't that enough evidence?

Yes, I know I'm getting butthurt about this. Why? Because it's unacceptable, what you've been doing recently. You've already tried to take over matchup dicussion after it had been open for only a month, because I, according to you, wasn't doing anything.

The reason I bring this up? You need to consult other people before rushing in head-first with decisions, because those decisions might turn up to be idiotic otherwise.
First of all. This thread is for "Advancing the Metagame". Your thread is about specific techs that all Snakes should know. Berks is about Grenade strategies. Anything new(I.E. that would advance the metagame) would go in here.

The Social thread is for social things, hence a social thread.

I already talked to you about that.

Sounds good.

Underload

Lazy
First of all. This thread is for "Advancing the Metagame". Your thread is about specific techs that all Snakes should know. Berks is about Grenade strategies. Anything new(I.E. that would advance the metagame) would go in here.

The Social thread is for social things, hence a social thread.

I already talked to you about that.

Sounds good.
There's an entire section of my thread dedicated to tidbits, tips, and little facts that should be known by all Snakes. I said this before, I want to expand the guide and keep it moving forward, and this is the sort of information I'm looking for. Don't say that my thread isn't relevant to this subject. On the subject of Berk's thread, he expanded it to a general projectile guide a couple of days ago with a huge update (didn't you see his bump?). I'm going to ask him if he has the drive to make it more like a general guide for Snake, so it can take the place of abit_rusty's. The entire point of both of those threads is to advance and document Snake's metagame.

The social thread is a place where you can post anything you want, as long as it's on topic and not of a spammy nature. It's also the most active thread on the Snake boards. Facts are facts.

You talking to me about the matchup thread isn't the important part. You were a bit too eager to take over the work I had apparently abandoned, even though I was working at a good pace and you simply didn't see my latest thread. You went about trying to take control of that the same way that you're handling this, quick to action and slow to think.

Now you're just trying to make me out as the bad guy, on here and in the Disco Room chat, trying to create bias in an unrelated third party. Look, I even called it happening.

**********: Yeah.
**********: He does stupid ****.
**********: For 19, he seems like an idiot.
**********: You okay now?
UnderloadPete: Okay with what?
**********: Sinz
UnderloadPete: I'm good for now
UnderloadPete: His next move is going to do something to make himself look like the good guy
UnderloadPete: And more importantly to him, make me look like the bad guy
UnderloadPete: He does it every time I call him out on something stupid
**********: lolimmature
You want to make this personal by showing our seemingly private conversation to other people? Go ahead, I can do the same thing. What I said in my post before and in the following AIM chat still stands.

*right here is supposed to be a message from Iamsinz saying something along the lines of "be butthurt more". Weird how that part wasn't included in the DR version*
UnderloadPete (5:37:49 PM): You deserve the criticism. Use whatever synonym you want.
Iamsinz (5:37:59 PM): Alright bro.
Iamsinz (5:38:45 PM): Sorry for trying to get things moving again. I will try to stop that :) (
UnderloadPete (5:39:17 PM): It's cool that you're trying to do something.
UnderloadPete (5:39:26 PM): However, the way you're doing it is idiotic. Other people agree.
Iamsinz (5:39:55 PM): You could have brought it up to me in a personal message or IM.
UnderloadPete (5:40:10 PM): A forum post makes a better example.
UnderloadPete (5:40:16 PM): I could've done either, I admit.
Iamsinz (5:40:29 PM): because now there is just going to be more drama
Iamsinz (5:40:32 PM): which is something nobody needs
Admit your mistake and let this thread die again. It's the only reason I'm posting here at all. I don't want to argue anywhere but within my own state on the Southwest boards, where it's sometimes necessary.

In the name of the Moon! I punish you all! :laugh:

But all in all, I think since SuSa isn't here this thread should die. Last I will post here.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
edit: reread your post about how you only want to argue within your state.

EDIT2: here is the original post.
for peter.

You know what Peter. I really don't care what you have to say. I am trying to make this place a bit better. By trying to keep things a bit more organized, by trying to help people. So, what if I choose to use words like we or our? I thought that the boards are a community.

So what if i like be the good guy? Doesn't every SINGLE person in existence like to be the good guy? It is a normal phenomenon in the human persona. We try to see things in the lighter side for ourselves. We all want to be heroes, we all want to be apart of something bigger, we all want to be the good guy.

If you think I am an idiot just go out and say it to my face. You don't have to hide it. I like to be corrected when I am in the wrong.

the be butthurt more thing was a reference to your post. honestly I just
dragged up and right clicked.
aim convo said:
Iamsinz (4:41:11 PM): Hey petey
UnderloadPete (4:41:43 PM): I'm sort of starting to watch videos again
UnderloadPete (4:41:47 PM): I use to like it a long time ago
UnderloadPete (4:41:51 PM): Then I stopped because it got boring
UnderloadPete (4:41:56 PM): But some Snakes are actually fun to watch
Iamsinz (4:42:06 PM): yup :-)
Iamsinz (4:42:12 PM): what snakes are you watching?
UnderloadPete (4:42:29 PM): Bizkit and Fatal
Iamsinz (4:42:34 PM): cool :-)
Iamsinz (5:37:22 PM): wow, get butt hurt more.
UnderloadPete (5:37:49 PM): You deserve the criticism. Use whatever synonym you want.
Iamsinz (5:37:59 PM): Alright bro.
Iamsinz (5:38:45 PM): Sorry for trying to get things moving again. I will try to stop that :-) (
UnderloadPete (5:39:26 PM): However, the way you're doing it is idiotic. Other people agree.
Iamsinz (5:39:40 PM): Alright.
Iamsinz (5:39:55 PM): You could have brought it up to me in a personal message or IM.
Iamsinz (5:39:58 PM): :-)
UnderloadPete (5:40:10 PM): A forum post makes a better example.
UnderloadPete (5:40:16 PM): But I could've done either, I admit.
Iamsinz (5:40:29 PM): because now there is just going to be more drama
Iamsinz (5:40:32 PM): which is something nobody needs
Iamsinz (5:42:10 PM): well in other news
Iamsinz (5:42:21 PM): X and Yaz are going to Vegas this week end to **** =D
UnderloadPete (5:42:39 PM): SK92 Monthly or whatever it's called?
Iamsinz (5:42:45 PM): Pretty much
Iamsinz (5:42:56 PM): If I could stand up and walk in a straight line I would go haha
Iamsinz (5:43:00 PM): but I have no sense of balance right now =/
Iamsinz (5:48:27 PM): So what are you up to?
Iamsinz (5:51:46 PM): Alright, who are these "other people"
UnderloadPete (5:54:49 PM): "I don't think you should mention me to him"
UnderloadPete (5:55:02 PM): Not what I said, I'll respect her / his privacy
UnderloadPete (5:55:05 PM): Sawwy
Iamsinz (5:55:08 PM): Alright haha
Iamsinz (5:55:23 PM): My guess is either ******** haha
Iamsinz (5:55:26 PM): but doesn't matter.
UnderloadPete (5:55:49 PM): They're not from the Snake boards, if that's a hint
Iamsinz (5:55:57 PM): Oh snap
Iamsinz (5:56:53 PM): Hey random question
Iamsinz (5:57:00 PM): do you remember the link for livestream of holiday bash?
Iamsinz (5:57:06 PM): sites tend to save a replay of it
UnderloadPete (5:59:39 PM): I don't think there was a stream
UnderloadPete (5:59:48 PM): And if there was it was Greg-ified
UnderloadPete (5:59:52 PM): Which is not worth it
Iamsinz (7:59:15 PM): It got gregified?
Iamsinz (7:59:26 PM): lame I was wanting to see Tim's attempt at the 0-death on fino
Peter, now I am just bugged. When I come to CO please feel free to MM me. I am thinking 50$ maybe more. You cool with that?

Also, Mr. Unnamed feel free to MM me as well. I am willing to go up to 50$ for you as well :)

Have a nice day :)

Now a question for you Peter. Would you rather have me post constantly wondering if I could wifi somebody. Hate on snake a ton more say I am dropping him for diddy/mk. Tell people in a Snake vs D3 discussion just to go MK? Because, honestly I am trying to help out.

Also, please stop pretending that you are a friendly person towards me. I am trying to be a good thing. But you know what nobody is perfect.

Also, please tell your friend who thinks I am an idiot to try to be in my shoes for a week. He wouldn't last. I have 18 credit hours of classes this semester. I am working my *** off for school. I am trying to be the most I can be. BYU is a lot harder than most universities. I have compared work from UNM(through friends there), ASU(same), UT(same), and NMT. It is a ****ing ridiculous hard place to be. On top of that try having half the stresses I do on a daily basis? I am not mormon at a mormon university. I am constantly being ignored because of it. I am rejected left and right. People disregard me because of me. The education I am getting is top notch I know that. The social life sucks. It is just cheap and money is money. I have to live with it.

I could tell you more of my life story but I don't think you would like to hear the life of a suicidal kiddo.

Underload

Lazy
I don't want to argue anywhere but within my own state on the Southwest boards, where it's sometimes necessary.
You completely mistunderstood this, and I don't even know how. That was a reference that happened something today in my state's thread, that was the first time that I truly got riled up on Smashboards.

I'm going to come back to this again and again, until you understand.

UnderloadPete (5:39:26 PM): However, the way you're doing it is idiotic.
This thread shouldn't have been bumped in the first place. That was the reason I brought any of this up. I've got no power or authority to do anything about this thread, so all I can do is post what I think. Can I put you in a headlock, give you a noogie, and tell you to be sorry? No, it's your responsibility to understand where I'm coming from.

That whole speech about the good guy mentality? I won't argue with that, because I don't need to. But don't make it part of your agenda to insult me and paint me as the bad guy to an unrelated third party.

Let this thread die.

Top Bottom