• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure Time Mafia | Game Over: Aren't You Cold...?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Bardull is misunderstanding what Red Ryu is saying. It makes him look town, since he is missing things that scum wouldn't miss. For example, the issue with the gift from Swords. Red Ryu is saying he was fishing to find who had the gift, yet Bardull is completely misunderstanding it to mean "you knew J had the gift". Red Ryu never said that at all, and was in fact implying that Bardull did not KNOW who had the gift, so scum motivation would be to fish for a CC to find out who has it. Basically that Bardull didn't understand this looks like a townslip, since I doubt it is faked.

Going to start my reread now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Bardull is misunderstanding what Red Ryu is saying. It makes him look town, since he is missing things that scum wouldn't miss. For example, the issue with the gift from Swords. Red Ryu is saying he was fishing to find who had the gift, yet Bardull is completely misunderstanding it to mean "you knew J had the gift". Red Ryu never said that at all, and was in fact implying that Bardull did not KNOW who had the gift, so scum motivation would be to fish for a CC to find out who has it. Basically that Bardull didn't understand this looks like a townslip, since I doubt it is faked.

I'm just not going to say anything about this, and ask someone else to address it for me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If I find out you were just trolling me by the time this is all said and done, I'm going to murder you in my sleep.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm coming in with a clean slate and reassessing all my reads. Is there a massive problem you have with that post?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Unvote

In my reread of D2 I got to the part where the investigative result was claimed on Nabe. Vlade is the most scummy.

#1123 - Behaviour before J outed is crucial. Vlade literally said "I agree that Nabe is scummy, let's lynch people from the OS wagon." He really had no solid reasoning for wanting to do this and proceeded to show a pool of RF, himself, J, Raz, and Bardull, presumably all of which he'd rather look into than Nabe, who he agreed was scummy.

Then, he turns his read on J around from town to scum because "his attention towards Nabe [was] illogical for a townie." Horrible reasoning, and I think it's more of a chainsaw defense. I also think since Vlade was so busy moving to Japan and Nabe was inactive and considering replacing out, they didn't communicate much.

#1213 - Vlade comes in later and says that he changed his about leaving Nabe alive. Completely unprovoked and without having posted over quite a period of time, he just says "I have been convinced to change my mind about going after Nabe. We can lynch him." He still doesn't actually VOTE for Nabe, and the only thing that makes sense to warrant this switch of opinion is a talk in the QT that they finally got to have.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also finding T-block looking town. For **** sakes I suck, but that's another, much worn out story.

J
T-block
Bardull

Raziek
Red Ryu

Vlade

These are my reads as of now, Raziek and Red Ryu are in that order.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm coming in with a clean slate and reassessing all my reads. Is there a massive problem you have with that post?
No, other than that your interpretation of the facts are massively fascinating.

Do go on with that read, however. I look forward to the results.

Kantrip

Kantplay
#1121 - Whoa okay. Question out of left field from Kosha Boy asking T-block why he was fine with giving Swords his vote. Considering T-block's role I don't think Kosha Boy would ask this to them if they were aligned. Just a side note.

Bardull, Vlade, and T-block are my town reads. Unfortunately, I don't think it's wise to lynch outside of T-block thanks to his role making this LyLo for us. Narrowing it down to 5-man LyLo and giving us another Day phase to look at what happens is pretty important in my opinion, just in case our lynch toDay would have been a mislynch, we can reasses if it's still the best lynch when we get to 5-way LyLo.

#1289 - Vlade is posting again. This post contains, in order:
Noob card.
Admitting uselessness and lack of content.
Bringing up other people with townreads on him to deter Bardull's scumread.
Bad reasoning for changing his mind on Nabescum.
Noob card again.
Admitting to bad reasoning for opposing the Nabe wagon.

#1318 - To note is that Vlade is switching his read on Kosha Boy to town as Nabe gets confirmed scum. It is possible that with one scummate dying he would need to stop distancing the other one and start holding them closer. Also possible he's just changing his read for teh lulz.

#1390 - Vlade gave an awful connection case. At least Bardull's made sense.

So yeah my reads list is like how I posted it. Taking a break for the time being.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Vote Count
Kantrip [2]: T-block
Red Ryu [1]: Vlade
Vlade [1]: J
Bardull [0]:
T-block [0]:
J [0]:
Raziek [0]:

Not Voting: Raziek, Red Ryu, Bardull, Kantrip

With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required for lynch.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Unvote

In my reread of D2 I got to the part where the investigative result was claimed on Nabe. Vlade is the most scummy.

#1123 - Behaviour before J outed is crucial. Vlade literally said "I agree that Nabe is scummy, let's lynch people from the OS wagon." He really had no solid reasoning for wanting to do this and proceeded to show a pool of RF, himself, J, Raz, and Bardull, presumably all of which he'd rather look into than Nabe, who he agreed was scummy.

Then, he turns his read on J around from town to scum because "his attention towards Nabe [was] illogical for a townie." Horrible reasoning, and I think it's more of a chainsaw defense. I also think since Vlade was so busy moving to Japan and Nabe was inactive and considering replacing out, they didn't communicate much.

#1213 - Vlade comes in later and says that he changed his about leaving Nabe alive. Completely unprovoked and without having posted over quite a period of time, he just says "I have been convinced to change my mind about going after Nabe. We can lynch him." He still doesn't actually VOTE for Nabe, and the only thing that makes sense to warrant this switch of opinion is a talk in the QT that they finally got to have.
I've already said this before and I'll say it again: I didn't consider the possibility of J learning something about Nabe through his Night Action. The reason why I said I agreed that Nabe was scummy was because of Nabe's lurky, blendy sort of play during the course of Day 1, but at the time I felt there were better scumpicks to focus on.

Also, why WOULDN'T I change my mind after Nabe claiming VT then J claiming that Nabe was at Gorf's body last night? You say that it was unprovoked, yet it was COMPLETELY provoked lol. I can't rebut your last point that the only explanation for this was a talk in the QT because it is baseless theorycraft.

#1121 - Whoa okay. Question out of left field from Kosha Boy asking T-block why he was fine with giving Swords his vote. Considering T-block's role I don't think Kosha Boy would ask this to them if they were aligned. Just a side note.

Bardull, Vlade, and T-block are my town reads. Unfortunately, I don't think it's wise to lynch outside of T-block thanks to his role making this LyLo for us. Narrowing it down to 5-man LyLo and giving us another Day phase to look at what happens is pretty important in my opinion, just in case our lynch toDay would have been a mislynch, we can reasses if it's still the best lynch when we get to 5-way LyLo.

#1289 - Vlade is posting again. This post contains, in order:
Noob card.
Admitting uselessness and lack of content.
Bringing up other people with townreads on him to deter Bardull's scumread.
Bad reasoning for changing his mind on Nabescum.
Noob card again.
Admitting to bad reasoning for opposing the Nabe wagon.

#1318 - To note is that Vlade is switching his read on Kosha Boy to town as Nabe gets confirmed scum. It is possible that with one scummate dying he would need to stop distancing the other one and start holding them closer. Also possible he's just changing his read for teh lulz.

#1390 - Vlade gave an awful connection case. At least Bardull's made sense.

So yeah my reads list is like how I posted it. Taking a break for the time being.
In your reads list you have me as scum, yet in this post I've just quoted you have me as a town read? I'm guessing you screwed up.

#1318: Pretty sure I always had a town read on the KB slot until recently so I don't know where you're getting that from.

#1390: Ok, the connection case was awful and I'm not very experienced with making cases. How is that scummy?

You've pointed out that I've got horrible reasoning on many occassions, but is bad reasoning scummy? Surely scum would be better than that and come up with more legit reasoning to blend in? You be the judge. When people see my flip they'll think "oh, we overthought things" or "oh, it's his fault for being so darn scummy" which is mostly true, and I don't mean to be a thorn in town's side, but things just turned out the way it did.

If I'm town and I'm lynched toDay do we lose the game? I'd rather clear up everyone's suspicions BEFORE we get to the final showdown if possible.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I meant J instead of you.

I still think we should be lynching T-block toDay, because if you get lynched toDay and are town, we do lose, yes.

T-block

B2B TST
you know, i can totally my role being a tiebreaker, pushing me to be the choice if i'm one of several people found to be scummy

but it's actually pretty dense to be pushing my lynch if you have a town read on me

back to ignoring this game

Kantrip

Kantplay
You know that this is a different case and I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish with that sass. I can't remember you doing anything relevant since your catchup posts coming into the game, T-block. While I feel you are a townread, I have no remorse seeing you go when doing so buys us another Day phase that we don't get otherwise.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sorry, scratch "relevant" and "anything". That's a bit extreme.

You haven't contributed very much useful content.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

That's not a town slip by any means.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Red Ryu, is it because you believe it could be easily faked, or because you think scum could misunderstand in the same way?

Because I can't really see the latter, though faking it is possible.

Bardull, your misunderstanding went like this:
-Red Ryu said your claiming to have a gift was scummy.
-He said that this was because you were fishing to find out who actually had the gift.
-You misinterpreted this to mean that Red Ryu was accusing you of knowing J had the gift, which is not true at all.

Red Ryu said "you were fishing for who had the gift."
You said "I didn't know J had the gift so how is this true?"

That is the misunderstanding.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Red Ryu, is it because you believe it could be easily faked, or because you think scum could misunderstand in the same way?

Because I can't really see the latter, though faking it is possible.

Bardull, your misunderstanding went like this:
-Red Ryu said your claiming to have a gift was scummy.
-He said that this was because you were fishing to find out who actually had the gift.
-You misinterpreted this to mean that Red Ryu was accusing you of knowing J had the gift, which is not true at all.

Red Ryu said "you were fishing for who had the gift."
You said "I didn't know J had the gift so how is this true?"

That is the misunderstanding.
I responded to the way he phrased the assertion. I didn't know if J, or anyone for that matter, had the gift, not just J. He said I "tried outting J" IIRC, so I responded with "I didn't know J had the gift." Don't see how that's a town slip. :|

Not that I'd want to detract from being any more townie, but yeah.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I thought what you did was a townslip because scum would know exactly what he was talking about.

You see, if you are scum then that means your intentions for claiming the gift would be to find out who really has the gift. As a result, if you get accused of doing this, you will understand exactly what you are being accused of since it's true. However, misunderstanding an accusation usually indicates that it either didn't even cross their mind, or they are scum that is feigning confusion.

That was my thought process.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh, no, I was aware that my actions may come across as gift fishing...that is, if there actually was a gift in the mix. I figured if anyone had it, it would be J, and I figured J would trust me enough to know that I wasn't gift fishing. 'Course, he turned out to be like, "OH ****, HE DOESN'T HAVE A GIFT, WTF?"

BarDulL

Town Vampire
NO. I'm saying if anyone had it, it would be J; who the hell else would Swords send the gift to?

I operated on the possibility that a gift was in the mix, but that it wasn't likely since Swords died. But if anyone had it, it would have had to have been J, who thought I was Town.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Natural Action Resolution.

Come on man, I'm not acting in absolutes here.
You SUSPECTED that J had the gift, if anyone. Same thing for the purposes of RR's accusation. He accused you of trying to out the person with the gift (J, in this case, so he said J).

So RR accused you of attempting to out J. Saying
"I didn't know J had the gift" is not a valid response and it shows that you failed and continue to fail at understanding his accusation.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I've already said that my intentions weren't to out the gift though, and I tried to supplement that fact with the fact that I didn't know J had the gift. I didn't know for sure whatsoever. I didn't even know if a gift was in existence. If I knew FOR SURE there was a gift in existence, then it would have made much more sense for me to try and out it as scum. That was the point I was trying to make. I guess outing that I had the gift, regardless of whether or not there was one, is beneficial to scum though. Eh.

Whatever.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
>:l

I can't vote, and T-Block needs to be lynched. I don't really have much else to say right now.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Visiting this game again.

I don't think Kantrip is scum. I really don't. I'll be pretty upset if he is. On another note, I think I see what he was saying. Apparently I hadn't thought from a scum perspective, ergo I didn't realize the validity of my response to RR's accusation wasn't that strong. Hence, town slip.

Seems legitimate, not sure if it's fullproof, but as long as it makes you feel more comfortable with me, the more likely we can finish this game up. I'll take what I can get.

Don't think we should lynch T-block, really. Deadline is coming up though. Kantrip, if T-block flips scum/town, who's your pick?

Upset with Raziek for not being of much more help than he has been. I'd rather give the game to the people who are really active than to Raziek, in all honesty. Gonna have a major argument with him post-game after this if he flips Town, I can already feel it.

J, I'm just going to let you make the decision. Kantrip's analysis of Vlade's play is fine. Hes basically hit the same stump I have.

It's Inactive Raziek vs. Dumb claim from Vlade vs. T-block loses vote vs. RR(waiting on him to respond to me...or something.)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sorry for my inactivity. =x I've been really busy and just no time for things. Uhm, through a logical perspective I don't wanna lynch TB but in the end it's beneficial to do so because on my town-flip toNight and regardless of TB's flip it'll do us good.

I do think Vlade>Raziek in the odds of flipping scum at this stage in the game. Though I don't know what to do personally. We have 2 days till deadline so I guess I will contemplate some more but for me toDay's lynch should be between TB or Vlade so if the votes could be arrange so we don't have a NL between those two and I guess I'll be the one making the final call as to what we do even though I really don't want to.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What do we lose by lynching T-block, Bardull? I really can't say where I'd go with either flip from him. I just can't put myself in that mindset yet. I'd look between Vlade, Raz, and RR for sure. But I'm going to be honest in saying that you're not ruled out either, and that's a lot of open doors that are regrettably as open as they are.

Let's say I'd go with Vlade, but that Vlade somehow ends up being town. If we lynch him now instead of T-block, that's game over right now. If we lynch T-block first, we have another night of Night actions, another kill to speculate, more time in general, and whatever else may come with buying ourselves more time. It's like NLing in MyLo (in epicmafia or other open setups). It's just something you should do in most cases. I find myself thinking back to Fire and Lightning, and how we really should have No Lynched. We didn't suspect Brosuke at all because he was so townie, but it ended up being him. Had we No Lynched, we may have caught on to the fact he wasn't dying. Things like this. I don't want them happening again.

@Raziek, could you move into the position of explaining why we need to lynch T-block? I'm tired of poorly defending that stance against him when he's obviously more concerned with making me look stupid than convincing me otherwise.

Also yeah you understand what I was getting at now. I'm starting to learn that what I'm taking as me needing to be better at analyzing this game is more that I need to simplify my game. Considering this was one of the more simple observations I've made playing this game, and it was STILL misunderstood by more than one person, I'm realizing now that I just overcomplicate things.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
We lose our final ML before lylo, that's the long and short of it. It's the easy way to progress into the next day phase without the risk of loss. T-block also feels Town.

I'd rather just try to nail scum, really.

Kantrip

Kantplay
We don't have a ML before LyLo. This has been my point all day phase. If T-block is TOWN, then this IS LyLo.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well Bardull, if the person we lynched is town, we lose. We either use the final ML before LyLo or lose now. Sooooooooooooooo yeah.

Top Bottom