• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Rave Major (LAINNNN)(Brawl+MELEE)(250$ BONUS) 11/7/09 Collinsville IL.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Aww man... I have to be serious.

Lol yeah, it's just me. I'm sorry Milk. You're tournaments are awesome and every definitely appreciates you putting them on. I get bored online so I start crap sometimes. The only thing I was frustrated with was the low turn out and lack of hype. Lots of regions were interested in coming to this, but they have no experience with Bbrawl, so they're not going to show. I'd just really like a chance to play against some of the best players in the Midwest without having to drive 8+ for a change.

And you're awesome future :) Don't take very much that I say online seriously. I'm kinda like OS in that regard. Usually if I talk trash about someone on the boards I'll throw the MM just to get people to LOL and make it memorable. I would enjoy getting some games in with you. I don't play nearly as campy as I used to. I just didn't know what my options were, so I ran away XD. You always bug me about spamming Whornado lol, so I thought you enjoyed trash talking and didn't take it seriously either.

...are you serious?

I'm not even sure why I'm still typing. This is inane.
Right idea. Everyone ignore; continue with the hype! XD

Radium88

Smash Lord
HYPE HYPE HYPE.

Also, I know I haven't been able to go to a lot of the AR tournaments due to event conflicts but I would be sad if you quit Milk! Like what people have said, tournaments in STL didn't happen until you came along. I remember how excited I was when I saw a STL tournament because I couldn't do the out of town ones at first. Please don't be discouraged!

See yous on Saturday.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
you shouldn't say "can't be hyped because it's BBrawl"

you must claim "IT'S BBRAWL, LET'S HYPE!!

Kurasa

Smash Rookie
@Milk and Thinkaman
When did you guys decide to make the main event BBrawl? I was under the impression that the event that I'm fronting the $250 pot for was regular Brawl and that BBrawl was going to be a side event. That was my reasoning for getting the Brawl players a separate room at the ConCenter; giving you guys the extra room to run both events, with pools, without being interrupted by the other games.

Its too late to change things now, but I'd have preferred it if we spoke this decision through since attendance at this event is what will ultimately decide the fate of future AR events. I hope that this decision was made with the community in mind.

is there melee or not"?
Yes. Melee will be on hand. A player from Chicago expressed interest in running this as a side event, so if people want it, we'll provide it.

pyrotek7x7 said:
And...wtf, 30 dollars!? Do I have to enter the tourney or can I just do friendlies?
The $20 venue fee is to cover the cost of the TVs, systems, games, facility, insurance, etc. Given the actual costs of the event vs. current expected turnout, the venue fee should actually higher. Milk and Thinkaman have both seen the figures and can vouch for the validity of this statement.

TP

Smash Master
The $20 venue fee is to cover the cost of the TVs, systems, games, facility, insurance, etc. Given the actual costs of the event vs. current expected turnout, the venue fee should actually higher. Milk and Thinkaman have both seen the figures and can vouch for the validity of this statement.
Consider this: reducing the venue fee to $10 for people who only wish to take part in Smash events would greatly increase the number of entrants. Multiple people have already said the venue fee will keep them from entering. Having more entrants makes up for the reduced fee, and more importantly gets more people into the building, generating more interest for a second Major. Consider it a long-term investment, losing a bit of money (though not much, due to increased turnout) to make the next tourney much larger. ALSO consider that as far as I know Smash will not be benefiting from the TVs, systems, or games that the venue fee is being used on, since we provide our own equipment. Therefore, we don't directly see the benefit of our own money.

Please respond. And PLEASE, nobody else except Milk or Thinkaman get involved in this. A bunch of people yelling about paying less won't help.

Kurasa

Smash Rookie
Consider this: reducing the venue fee to $10 for people who only wish to take part in Smash events would greatly increase the number of entrants. Multiple people have already said the venue fee will keep them from entering. Having more entrants makes up for the reduced fee, and more importantly gets more people into the building, generating more interest for a second Major. Consider it a long-term investment, losing a bit of money (though not much, due to increased turnout) to make the next tourney much larger. ALSO consider that as far as I know Smash will not be benefiting from the TVs, systems, or games that the venue fee is being used on, since we provide our own equipment. Therefore, we don't directly see the benefit of our own money.

Please respond. And PLEASE, nobody else except Milk or Thinkaman get involved in this. A bunch of people yelling about paying less won't help.
If not "losing a bit of money" was my concern with this event, then I would have cut my losses when the bonus pot sponsors pulled out canceled the thing outright.

As for cutting the cost for the Smash players, that would be incredibly unfair to the people that are showing up to play in the other games and would cause a host of problems across the board. No one aside from the few people here on SBoards in the past week have complained about the venue fee, and this event has been promoted on SRK, TZ, 8WR, GI, and Facebook since August. Had this concern come up back then, then I may have been able to change the location, but as it stands, the contracts are already signed and the event will go on as planned/priced. Evo, SB4, Devastation, MWC, ECC, Final Round, NorCalReg, Hobo, etc all charge $20+ venue fees so that their events can be as run professionally as possible. And that's my ultimate goal; to run a professional event.

Also, relying on others to supply the equipment for an event that you're running is not a great practice. People often bring shoddy equipment, don't show, or have to leave early. Also, as the event grows, so does the probability of theft. These are not things that I'm willing to risk at an event that I'm putting a lot of time and effort into. I'm trying to run this event as professionally as possible with as little room for error as I can garner. If you've come to any of the smaller AR's held at Ogre's, then you may have seen some of the shortcomings of relying on others in action. This is just not something that I'm willing to risk at this event.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Good to know Kurasa. I'm glad someone is trying run a professional level tournament. If that is the case, then I personally have no problem supporting you with a $20 door fee.

Teh Future

Smash Master
And you're awesome future :) Don't take very much that I say online seriously. I'm kinda like OS in that regard. Usually if I talk trash about someone on the boards I'll throw the MM just to get people to LOL and make it memorable. I would enjoy getting some games in with you. I don't play nearly as campy as I used to. I just didn't know what my options were, so I ran away XD. You always bug me about spamming Whornado lol, so I thought you enjoyed trash talking and didn't take it seriously either.
You were judging me off of what you saw 3+ months ago at a random AR. That's stupid.

I was doing the same thing.

Maybe you don't play the same way, but even if you do time multiple people out you aren't the only one that plays this way as much as I don't like it so there's no use getting upset and trolling people when they do.

Sorry for starting stupid internets nonsense.

Milk don't quit! As much as people are gay online when you actually host a tournament none of this dumb **** happens and everyone has a good time.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
In response to Kurasa, didn't really know what message to quote, but yes; I can vouch for him on the venue being 20$ dollars for multiple reasons.

1. I've seen the venue; It should be 20$.
2. A lot of stuff is sponsored.
3. I've seen the figures, and 20$ is our best fiscal option.

Everyone who can, PLEASE, bring a TV. I've already told Kurasa we'd have a big turn out, which I'm still hoping for, so we gotta' bring our own gear.

Also about BBrawl, Yes Kurasa, we made BBrawl the main awhile back, and made sure no one had any complaints about it at the time. Apparently now people do, but whatever, it's said and done now.

lain

Smash Master
Whoa whoa whoa guys let's not incite a riot here.

If there aren't more then 32 people, or we're not eliminating or whatever, then I don't really care. I'm not trying to be an elitist or something, I'm just saying that what if randomikeguy27 came, got into bracket (provided there was elimination), and then suddenly asc shows up so asc gets a middle seed or w/e and randomikeguy27 just gets kicked out. It's. Not. Fair.

And yes, my friends would bar me from a tourney if I didn't make it in time. Sure, they may enter me in or something, but if I miss pools, or miss my first bracket match, that's it. I don't get "special treatment cause I'm me". I'm not coming in here trying to say a whole bunch of stuff and act all authoritative, I'm telling it like it is.

ASC, I hope you can make it to the tourney and get in. NOTHING against you at all. I just wanted to explain the unfairness of what might happen to randomikeguy27...

REGARDLESS, let's not ***** and moan and just come to the tourney and have oodles of fun. I want a line of people mm'ing me.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I'm assuming this "randomikeguy27" is me, and I am just touched that Lain cares! <3

I'll see you guys this weekend! ^_^

P.S. I know is not supposed to be me, but I will take full credit of that name now! ;D

TP

Smash Master
If not "losing a bit of money" was my concern with this event, then I would have cut my losses when the bonus pot sponsors pulled out canceled the thing outright.

As for cutting the cost for the Smash players, that would be incredibly unfair to the people that are showing up to play in the other games and would cause a host of problems across the board. No one aside from the few people here on SBoards in the past week have complained about the venue fee, and this event has been promoted on SRK, TZ, 8WR, GI, and Facebook since August. Had this concern come up back then, then I may have been able to change the location, but as it stands, the contracts are already signed and the event will go on as planned/priced. Evo, SB4, Devastation, MWC, ECC, Final Round, NorCalReg, Hobo, etc all charge $20+ venue fees so that their events can be as run professionally as possible. And that's my ultimate goal; to run a professional event.

Also, relying on others to supply the equipment for an event that you're running is not a great practice. People often bring shoddy equipment, don't show, or have to leave early. Also, as the event grows, so does the probability of theft. These are not things that I'm willing to risk at an event that I'm putting a lot of time and effort into. I'm trying to run this event as professionally as possible with as little room for error as I can garner. If you've come to any of the smaller AR's held at Ogre's, then you may have seen some of the shortcomings of relying on others in action. This is just not something that I'm willing to risk at this event.
That's good enough for me. Thanks for taking your time to respond.

:034:

Cook

Smash Master
In the name of fairness I'll just skip my classes, so I'll be there when everyone else is. But I'll still help you run stuff, Milk!

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I get off at 6:30 Milk. If Zoze is able to arrive around that time and we get our carpool, we'll probably take you up on that housing. We wouldn't get there till 9ish if we came. Yes, melee people come especially St. Louis. If you're unable to get to jab for whatever reason, swing by and play some melee.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Lain don't lie, Random Ike Guy was ****in legit on that live stream.

Also I still don't know if Im able to come or not, If I am I can bring at least 1 setup, and maybe another TV since theres a big need aparetely.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I get off at 6:30 Milk. If Zoze is able to arrive around that time and we get our carpool, we'll probably take you up on that housing. We wouldn't get there till 9ish if we came. Yes, melee people come especially St. Louis. If you're unable to get to jab for whatever reason, swing by and play some melee.
For $20, these would have to be the most satisfying melee friendlies ever

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
All this controversy saddens me. :( It seems that most people here are forgetting the ultimate goal, which is having fun. No matter how good you are at this game, or how much money you have made at it, never lose sight of the fact that you've gathered with a bunch of other people to sit down and play video games. This isn't the MLG. We have the great benefit of being are own individual community, we can do things how we want, we can experiment, we don't have rule-book-thumpers breathing down our necks. Just take this for what it is. Have fun with it. If you can, show up. Yeah it's $30, but you'll have fun, you'll meet new people, you'll leave with memories. Think about how big that $30 really is. What are you going to do with it? Some people here have a legitimate concern for conserving their money, but most of us are just going to blow it on something pointless. So come on guys. Sure it's BBrawl, I'm not overly enthusiastic about it either. Yeah, I main mk, I'm facing new challenges here that I never had to face before, but it's a new experience. Step up to the challenge, have fun with it, this tournament could be really cool if we let it be. I can vouch for Kurasa, Milk, and Think. They're all great guys, and nothing they're doing is to screw anybody over, make somebody angry, or benefit themselves. Let's just have some faith in them, I'm sure it will all turn out well.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So I just got a call from Kasura, who has no internet access.

Apparently this has all been one long-running misunderstanding. The $250 pot is for a standard Brawl tourney, which I am apparently running.

The BBrawl confusion got started because Kasura went out of his way to reserve additional space for BBrawl to be played alongside the main tourney.

Apologies to everyone involved. Being the middle-man in communications is never fun.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Wait... Is this sarcasm or seriousness? I would normally accept it as a serious post, but Kyle's tricky like that.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Serious; I don't see how any of that could fall under even my most creative types of sarcasm.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Alright, just making sure. I figured as much, but the timing of it just seemed to ideal to be true.

Well, atleast now I can spam mk to (limited) victory.

TP

Smash Master
So I just got a call from Kasura, who has no internet access.

Apparently this has all been one long-running misunderstanding. The $250 pot is for a standard Brawl tourney, which I am apparently running.

The BBrawl confusion got started because Kasura went out of his way to reserve additional space for BBrawl to be played alongside the main tourney.

Apologies to everyone involved. Being the middle-man in communications is never fun.
Wow, that was unexpected.

No really, I did not see this one coming.

So the primary tourney will be normal Brawl? If so, we need to message M2K and every other player in the region immediately. We could probably double the turnout over the next few days if all goes well, or maybe I am just dreaming.

Also, Ganon is sad about this turn of events. He won't even talk to me, so I'm gonna have to go ROB instead.

Thinkaman, call/text/PM me if you need any help at all in anything.

:034:

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Think, try looking at the bright side (this is me being presumptious and assuming you view this as a bad thing, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). If we draw in a bigger crowd, that means there are more potential converts to BBrawl. Sure it won't be the main tourney, but now we'll be able to get people to play the game who are looking at it with hostility. When it was going to be the main tourney, the only people who would get to play the game were people who were already interested, but now there's a wider potential audience to unveil your masterpiece to.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Somebody better get Milk to change the title because right now it's neither BBrawl nor does it have M2K.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so I'm either going to this or jab 2..... I can't decide

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Rip you should go to this to make me happy. :(
Guys I'm working on changing everything now, I got a lot going on at the moment, so I'm working as hard/dilligent as possible.

REGARDLESS, let's not ***** and moan and just come to the tourney and have oodles of fun. I want a line of people mm'ing me.
I'll take up this offer.

Also, anyone interested still, my address is 400 South Morrison, Collinsville, Illinois, 62234.

Call/text me at 618 550 2275 with any further questions.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I meant emphasize that this is regular Brawl in the thread title, because I'm sure most people who know of this still think it's BBrawl.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
wait, this is regular brawl now?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey lain do you want to team for melee?

and anybody need a teammate for brawl?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I need a team for brawl ripple. I need a melee partner too.

do you have a brawl teammate lain?

Top Bottom