• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerial Rave Major (LAINNNN)(Brawl+MELEE)(250$ BONUS) 11/7/09 Collinsville IL.

TP

Smash Master
My guess is that the existence of doubles is dependeant on how many TVs there are.

Assuming there is doubles, I need a teammate. At No Koast, I had 3 people say they would team with me and then not show or straight up ditch me for a better player without telling me, and I really don't want to get shafted like that again. So somebody please team with me and know that you will.

:034:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YO Dmg is interested in this, but IDK if anyone else from Texas will travel to it. We're busy with HOBO, an Oklahoma tournament, a Dallas tournament, and like 1 other tournament all in a month's time.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Doubles all depends on how many set ups/people.
I hope to have doubles, but considering the price of singles, It'll be hard for people to want to pay for doubles.

DMG if you come, I wanna' play you real bad, I want some Wario pointers, if that's okay.

I just heard from MP him Zoze and Bino aren't coming, Zoze had a death in the family.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
question, what is the payout for brawl?
60/30/10?

or is it winner take all? this is a big deciding factor in if I'm coming

TP

Smash Master
There's a bonus pot, so there is NO way that the winner takes all of our entry fees too. All previous Aerial Raves have done 60/30/10.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
There's a bonus pot, so there is NO way that the winner takes all of our entry fees too. All previous Aerial Raves have done 60/30/10.

is the pot bonus only for first place? or is it split 60/30/10?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
The bonus pot is split I'm pretty sure, though how, I don't know.

Turn out, so far, is looking like 30ish?

Steeler, I have absolutely no idea...:/

Brawleen, right next door is an arcade where we can relive all of our childhood fantasies. And bumper cars!

Radium88

Smash Lord
Brawleen, right next door is an arcade where we can relive all of our childhood fantasies. And bumper cars!
Legit arcade?? Area 51? Pinball machines? DDR?? But I can live with bumper cars! I wasn't actually expecting an arcade but sweet.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
DANG IT. I really wanted to come to this. My grandma died, and the funeral is at 10am on Saturday. I'll still try to make it, but I'll be very late. Dead grandma johns :(

Teh Future

Smash Master
ok Im still not sure if Im coming for sure (Ill find out tonight) but I get paid tomorrow so if I do I can enter everythinng :D

I like when I have moneys.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Is there lazer tag in this arcade? If so, we are doing Lazer tag crews. StL vs. EVERYONE ELSE.

GET *****.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Is there lazer tag in this arcade? If so, we are doing Lazer tag crews. StL vs. EVERYONE ELSE.

GET *****.
Not at this arcade, but there is one in a town ten minutes over, and it's ****ing baller as **** if everyone wants to go to that.(Do I count as being in STL Crew?)

And yes Brawleen, all that stuff you mentioned is there.

I hope people show up to this still, I'm force hyping myself a lot more then I should.

Also does anyone know if they are coming to my house Friday? If so I need to pick up.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
guys lucky i' not showing... Yeah ook you dodged a bullet, I just hope my guy LAIN can just whoop up on all ya'll with that new buffed up IC XD

Nicole

Smash Champion
I know that, with m2k and lain I'm hoping for 2nd-3rd with some sort of pot bonus
Says the guy who placed lower than A GIRL at No Koast :laugh:

I feel like I can insult you freely since I've never actually talked to you.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yay I can come now :D

Hope to see everycat there.

Ripple do you wanna team DK/Rob (if your coming)? Ill shoot them and stuff, then you kill them at 30%. And we live to 918% every stock. best team strat ever.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Yay I can come now :D

Hope to see everycat there.

Ripple do you wanna team DK/Rob (if your coming)? Ill shoot them and stuff, then you kill them at 30%. And we live to 918% every stock. best team strat ever.
ROFL

IFF we do teams I'll probably team with you.

but this could only be true if my sig isn't true, but it is, because that's why its sig worthy. lol

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
DK lacks reliable kill moves, truth. ;)
/sarcasm.

Anyways, I'll see everyone there, been brushing the dust off my Wii, and it's game over come 11 AM Saturday.

If it happens, I'm whooping all challengers at Lazer Tag crews.

GET *****.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Soooo how many events are you guys going to run?

It looks like Brawl, Brawl+, and Melee singles for sure, but I really hope we can at least do brawl teams as well.

TP

Smash Master

It looks like Brawl, Brawl+, and Melee singles for sure, but I really hope we can at least do brawl teams as well.
Preeeeeeeeety sure you meant BBrawl, since everyone in STL hates Brawl+.

Kurasa

Smash Rookie
To answer a few questions:

TV situation. You can bring em, but we may not use em. The Smash room has 6 8-foot tables and 777sq ft of open area.

Payout in Reg Brawl is:
1st $100 + 70% of the SSBB Pot
2nd $75 + 20% of the SSBB Pot
3rd $50 + 10% of the SSBB Pot
4th $25

I don't care how you do the payout for the other events.

Also, all of the info for the Aerial Rave Tourney Series can be found at www.aerialravestl.com

Ignore the pre-reg list. I was planning on setting up an online system through paypal, but I had to do hella reserve duty in the past 2 months and my current application saw a release, so I just didn't have the free time.

GET HYPE!! See ya'll tomorrow!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

It looks like Brawl, Brawl+
*dies inside and stops reading*

But no seriously, I'm going to run Brawl singles, doubles, and BBrawl singles. BBrawl singles will have no entry fee and have a pot for it put up by myself. (Probably $30, $15, $5) We might make it random character, if people would prefer that.

Stage list is the same as past AR events. If anyone has questions, ask.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Stage list is the same as past AR events. If anyone has questions, ask.
Will there be BBrawl videos? they would be useful (to say the least) for comunity...

EDIT:
*looks at the time* lol
{inner voice: you just realized that nobody is supposed to answer until tomorrow?}
when it has already ended...
{and that probably you won't be even noticed?}
so... no videos?
{pray for them, trust your luck!}

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I know this is probably a stupid question but registration ends at 11 correct?

TP

Smash Master
Will there be BBrawl videos? they would be useful (to say the least) for comunity...

EDIT:
*looks at the time* lol
{inner voice: you just realized that nobody is supposed to answer until tomorrow?}
when it has already ended...
{and that probably you won't be even noticed?}
so... no videos?
{pray for them, trust your luck!}
I see your post! I'll do my best to get people to save all BBrawl matches. :)

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
So, something came up at the last moment and my mom decided I had to go to that rather than come to this. Sorry everybody.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Too bad Mike, this was the last one that will be at an AR event. Brawleen and I are going to look into a venue now, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Good **** for those who came, the turn out was balls, but I had fun.
Good matches to those I played.

Special mention, TY, if you see this, I love you and our sexy Ness dittos.

Top Bottom