• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After I've Played him, I'm a Bit Disappointed

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just got done playing most of the characters. I must say that I am very disappointed with Pit's performance. He is like a Link, but a tiny bit weaker. Sure, he is fast, but he is very floaty. He isn't floaty in the good way though. He is decent at racking up damage (yes folks, I just said rack) but he cannot deliver the final blow. I found him to be fun, but not very strong.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Could it be possible that Pits lack of a strong finisher is meant to balance out his awesome recovery ability?

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just got done playing most of the characters. I must say that I am very disappointed with Pit's performance. He is like a Link, but a tiny bit weaker. Sure, he is fast, but he is very floaty. He isn't floaty in the good way though. He is decent at racking up damage (yes folks, I just said rack) but he cannot deliver the final blow. I found him to be fun, but not very strong.
Could it be possible that you are just not used to playing as him?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
can you confirm for me exactly how many jumps Pit has? thanks!
Good question. I thought I saw him having at least 3 jumps without the up B, how many jumps does he have anyways?

also, I think Pit will probably be a more "harder to use" characters, some one that it's not that easy to just pick up in 2 days.

Link in general is a bit hard to use with the projectiles, maybe it's the same here?
Pit's smash moves seem really powerful in the videos, and also maybe Pit is like jiggly? floating around to wall-o-pain some one?

also, can he spike? and what can his mirror shield reflect? or does it reflect at all?

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Pit's aerials aren't really comboable with, at least his fair and uair. His Uair whacks them around and the last hit knocks them back, but not enough to kill. Right air just does sick damage. His bair is his kill move I'm pretty sure, but I'm unsure about his dair.

His smashes are pretty nice. His up-smash is pretty similar to Link's, and his side-smash is also great. I forget about his down-smash though. <_>

He has a really nice dash attack though, it pops them up nicely.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I want to know what moves he can use while flying?
Can he shoot his bow or use attacks while his up B is activated?

Magic

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it's nothing.

BUT

You can cancel your flight before it runs out and not be sent into freefall. E.g., you can jump if you still have jumps left, use your bow, do an aerial, etc. But you can't Up-B again, of course..

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it's nothing.

BUT

You can cancel your flight before it runs out and not be sent into freefall. E.g., you can jump if you still have jumps left, use your bow, do an aerial, etc. But you can't Up-B again, of course..
is this for Pit only? or for all chars? I'm sure you can't do up B more than once cus that screws up the entire game system.

If this is Pit only, then that's really sweet. Prepare for massive mindgames and wtfs.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Well, I do know it works for Sonic too. He springs up, and can do aerials from there. Metaknight too I'm pretty sure, because Up-B sends him into a glide. Bowser's and Mario's though, no dice. So it seems it depends.

I wonder if Metaknight can Up-B, then Side-B? That's a lot of distance covered..

But Pit is just awesome, flying around. It seems like he can recover from ANYWEHRE just using his Up-B. :) When I was at E4All, I did do some nifty mindgaming. A nice way to get away from edgeguarders when you're hanging is to just fall off and Up-B and fly over them. It really lets you have control of a situation (though you're pretty vulnerable too Pikachu's thunder it seems).

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Well, I do know it works for Sonic too. He springs up, and can do aerials from there. Metaknight too I'm pretty sure, because Up-B sends him into a glide. Bowser's and Mario's though, no dice. So it seems it depends.

I wonder if Metaknight can Up-B, then Side-B? That's a lot of distance covered..

But Pit is just awesome, flying around. It seems like he can recover from ANYWEHRE just using his Up-B. :) When I was at E4All, I did do some nifty mindgaming. A nice way to get away from edgeguarders when you're hanging is to just fall off and Up-B and fly over them. It really lets you have control of a situation (though you're pretty vulnerable too Pikachu's thunder it seems).
what about his normal B attack? is it easy to control like SSBM Links? or is it really hard to control?

also, what exactly does the mirror shield do? reflect everything or just act as a wall?

how many jumps does pit have anyways?

Raikage

Smash Apprentice

That sounds fantastic. From the moment it was revealed I knew Pits Up B would be one of his defining moves. Being able to fly around the stage at will? Thats pretty powerful in Smash! Can't wait to play around with it myself.

Though from the videos it doesn't look like you can move too quick with it, especially going straight up.

Thanks for the info Magic, we poor schleps who couldn't go to E for All appreciate it. :)

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Yes, his Up-B really is a definer. It is a little slow up and down (if you are falling down and use it, you'll wait like a second slowing down before you start rising), but it's good enough for me. ;)

what about his normal B attack? is it easy to control like SSBM Links? or is it really hard to control?

also, what exactly does the mirror shield do? reflect everything or just act as a wall?

how many jumps does pit have anyways?
His B, the bow, is a little interesting. It's chargeable, and goes off after holding it for a while (unlike SSBM Link's), and before you let go, you can aim it either straight up, or to the side (or perhaps diagonally? The controls were pretty sensitive), and after the arrow has been fired, you can hold the direction you want it to arc. The charging part doesn't affect the speed it goes (it goes fast!) but seems to more affect the damage and knockback. It wasn't too overly difficult to aim it, and I imagine with more then just two days of practice you could get the hang of it. I was launching arrows across the gap in Eldin Bridge like a pro, sniping a Sonic on the other side. I also shot them from the ledge at recovering foes a few times, which certainly limited their movement.

The mirror shield I didn't get to try out as much. It comes out pretty quick. It does not cause any damage, like counter or something. I'm not sure if it can reflect projectiles (Fox lasers, fireballs, etc.). It doesn't appear to be breakable, as I tested it out with a Yoshi, who did several attacks and fully charged smashes against it. I didn't see if you could grab out of it.

I don't remember exactly how many jumps Pit had. I know it's at least three though. Pretty sure it was one or two more.

Hong

The Strongest
I'd actually prefer it if Pit were to be about average and not some top-tier monster. Why? Because I want to play Pit because I have loved Kid Icarus since I played it on NES. If he's the new Marth/Fox/Sheik, you'll be seeing a lot of him. Players who don't even know who Pit is and just playing him because he kills good. I also feel more credible when the character I play requires more skill and personal ability.

And yeah, I'm an advanced Roy player in Melee. I would play Marth because I've been a fan of Fire Emblem since before it was made known to the world, but you see way too much of him so I opt for the next best thing. I hope the character I want to play in Brawl won't put me in the same situation. I actually kind of hope for a better spread of how the world connects with the final roster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd actually prefer it if Pit were to be about average and not some top-tier monster. Why? Because I want to play Pit because I have loved Kid Icarus since I played it on NES. If he's the new Marth/Fox/Sheik, you'll be seeing a lot of him. Players who don't even know who Pit is and just playing him because he kills good. I also feel more credible when the character I play requires more skill and personal ability.

And yeah, I'm an advanced Roy player in Melee. I would play Marth because I've been a fan of Fire Emblem since before it was made known to the world, but you see way too much of him so I opt for the next best thing. I hope the character I want to play in Brawl won't put me in the same situation. I actually kind of hope for a better spread of how the world connects with the final roster.
Unfortunetly I didn't get the NES version until Rom but I had the Gameboy and that's where I got my Kid Icarus experience...

Back in the day I was more into gameboy games...

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Fortunately with Wi-Fi in place, you´ll be seeing much more variation in characters. With Melee all competitions were...competitive, and thus plagued with God tier fighters and very little else. Now that all kinds of people will be playing Brawl online, we should see all kinds of opponents.

Anyways regarding Pit, maybe I would´ve played him if he had stayed truer to his original appearance and not the "hay guyz i´m jus gunna mooch of kh over here" hip-anime young teen look. It´s not that I hate it, but the reasons behind this change annoy me.

Still, I´ll definitely try him out and try to be decent with him.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I have a question. When you use Pit's up special move, do you actually control the jumps or do you just control his movement? Is it like an extra set of 4-5 jumps?

Hong

The Strongest
You start floating for about three to four seconds and you just hold in the direction you want to go.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
Pit seems to be a character that relies heavily on a hit-and-run, staying-alive game. With arrows, incredible recovery properties and a shield, his lack of power is complemented by good defensive qualities. That is how it seems to me.

..Er... what's his side-B?

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
No on has answered my questions.
What attacks can pit use while flying?
Can he jump or glide out of his UP B

@ Topic Creator:

You're wrong.

Pit is awsome.

High Priority attacks, great aerials, well established aerial and ground game, nice projectile, amazing recovery, nice tilts (Love his U-tilt), good kill potential on his Bair, Fair, F-smash and D-smash.

Just ask me or DSF, Pit's too good.

;)

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Pit seems to be a character that relies heavily on a hit-and-run, staying-alive game. With arrows, incredible recovery properties and a shield, his lack of power is complemented by good defensive qualities. That is how it seems to me.

..Er... what's his side-B?
His Side-B is him spinning his blades in a circle in front of it. It does good damage and sends him forward a little so they can't DI out of it too soon. Lags at the end though.

You can keep mashing B (or maybe just hold it?) and it will keep going.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
pit lovers take over as an MK main posts...

pit seems to have pretty fast attacks like you said, and from what I heard pit's arrow is spammable. While I haven't seen much of Pit's smashes, I think his upsmash in some video looks like a great way to kill somebody. think of Mk, he's by far weaker with equal or maybe better recovery than pit, and still he has some WOMD's of attacks. im sure pit will be no different

Magic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the arrow is pretty spammable I remember. :p And his Up-Smash does kill, but then, don't most smashes?

AzureKiteSky

Smash Cadet
Well, that is certainly not good news. Do you think that a skilled player could possibly make it work? (with practice of course.) he sounds so far to be a bit similar to Fox (stat wise.) minus the "floaty" aspect.

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
From what I can tell(from seeing videos and impressions), Meta-Knight and Pit seem to be two sides of a coin; one with good offense, the other with good defense, even though both are supposedly light.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Ya i hear people are having some issues with him but we\'ve still got 4 months they might fix up a few things here or there to make him better and work better in the game.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to have faith that he's awesome until I try for myself. I have a feeling the main problem is just that no one is used to him yet. I'm sure we're all skilled enough to make him work.

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
Even though I am a samus main, i will definetley give all newcomers a try, and i won's start seroiusly smashing until all charecters are unlocked

Top Bottom