• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After I've Played him, I'm a Bit Disappointed

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
I will try out all new charecs...............mainly these 3:

1.Pit

2.Pokemon Trainer

3.Zero Suit Samus

I like all charecs..........................I just like Metroid more.

ROCn

Smash Cadet
Yeah im definately gonna try pit out, in ssbm i was a samus'r, but im definately looking forward to pit.
...and maybe diddy kong? idk just something about him intrigues me =]

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey guys, I just got done playing most of the characters. I must say that I am very disappointed with Pit's performance. He is like a Link, but a tiny bit weaker. Sure, he is fast, but he is very floaty. He isn't floaty in the good way though. He is decent at racking up damage (yes folks, I just said rack) but he cannot deliver the final blow. I found him to be fun, but not very strong.
Then step aside and allow me to succeed where you have failed. No offense, but there's so much room for improvement my friend. I picture him being a juggleking, I just do.

And if he plays like Link, that's all the more reason to have him as my new main.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Then step aside and allow me to succeed where you have failed. No offense, but there's so much room for improvement my friend. I picture him being a juggleking, I just do.

And if he plays like Link, that's all the more reason to have him as my new main.
Cool. Another person thinking like me! Link has to be the best Melee character out there....he can really get high damage on enemies, he can take a lot of damage (I got over 600%), and he's got lots of killing moves...

Back onto the topic of Pit..he seems to be a lot like Link which, as said, is great.

:chuckle:

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
When i first heard of Brawl with the old Dojo Pit was my man. Then Pokemon Trainer came along though i stlll like Pit PT is my 1st main then Pit.:(

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Cool. Another person thinking like me! Link has to be the best Melee character out there....he can really get high damage on enemies, he can take a lot of damage (I got over 600%), and he's got lots of killing moves...

Back onto the topic of Pit..he seems to be a lot like Link which, as said, is great.

:chuckle:
Yeah, that guy just needs to spend, I'm sorry to say it, but hours upon hours upon hours perfecting his craft, namely his game with Pit. I know you and I will! I see us being a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming year online with him.

Same thing goes with Link, that is if he plays different than he does in Melee.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that guy just needs to spend, I'm sorry to say it, but hours upon hours upon hours perfecting his craft, namely his game with Pit. I know you and I will! I see us being a force to be reckoned with in the upcoming year online with him.

Same thing goes with Link, that is if he plays different than he does in Melee.
I can see that too. I'd probably play as the black clothed/winged Pit...just so awesome in that outfit, isn't he? Maybe if we keep in touch, we can add friend codes when we get Brawl, play as Pit, and go challenge other members to a Pit + Pit vs. Someone+Someone match. :chuckle:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I can see that too. I'd probably play as the black clothed/winged Pit...just so awesome in that outfit, isn't he? Maybe if we keep in touch, we can add friend codes when we get Brawl, play as Pit, and go challenge other members to a Pit + Pit vs. Someone+Someone match. :chuckle:
You know, I'll take you up on that offer bro. I'm game. And I too will pick Gothic Pit. I hope one of his wings are black and the other is crimson red. And his black/red outfit is a given.

Neo-X...got cha! I'll send you a pm in a minute.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
You know, I'll take you up on that offer bro. I'm game. And I too will pick Gothic Pit. I hope one of his wings are black and the other is crimson red. And his black/red outfit is a given.

Neo-X...got cha! I'll send you a pm in a minute.
Well, I gotta get going. Later!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hopefully he won' t turn out like Mewtwo. :p

-Damage racker (ANA)
-Awesome recovery
-Floaty like hell
-Lighter than hell.
-SLOOOOOWW (thankfully this one was proven wrong)

XD

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
i believe wat is being said though is that it hard to deliver the final blow not that it doesnt exist, and the fact that they gotta have huge amounts of percent to kill them. And to the comment above i agree the harder to master the more fun it is once mastered!

walrusmen

Smash Rookie
If pit could attack mid way through his glide he could damage then let some one else do the work
A. if its free for all let some one smash em of then inercept with a quick strike he would get the point
B. if its partners he would be best with some slow smashers to blow the damaged enemy of the stage
C. in solo smash strike and run untill you find an item that like the smart bomb (it just got added today) to finish the enemy off

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Little diapointed to hear. I was looking forward to trying him. Sounds like he'll be a medium so-so character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hmm... fast, damage racker, floaty... sound like something between Marth and Young Link...

I have faith in Pit.. maybe not to be on my top 3 characters (as much as I love Kid Icarus) but perhaps still in my top 5.

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
I don't really think you can say anything bad about Pit till Brawl comes out. We'll just have to see how good he is.

GLCH

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty dissapointing.. I have no idea if I'll main him yet.. There's still characters that havn't even been announced...

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Well, I do know it works for Sonic too. He springs up, and can do aerials from there. Metaknight too I'm pretty sure, because Up-B sends him into a glide. Bowser's and Mario's though, no dice. So it seems it depends.

I wonder if Metaknight can Up-B, then Side-B? That's a lot of distance covered..

But Pit is just awesome, flying around. It seems like he can recover from ANYWEHRE just using his Up-B. :) When I was at E4All, I did do some nifty mindgaming. A nice way to get away from edgeguarders when you're hanging is to just fall off and Up-B and fly over them. It really lets you have control of a situation (though you're pretty vulnerable too Pikachu's thunder it seems).
Not unless you fly UNDER the stage! XD LOL

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I had the idea of floating under the stage too Demontree. That could work very well. Pit sounds overall pretty decent, I'm definitely maining him. I really want to know how Mirror Shield works, all his other Specials are great. Too bad attacking cancels his Up B, at least you can jump and glide afterwards if you ahve em left. (Note to self, do not use all jumps before using Wings of Icarus). That being siad, I saw at least 4 jumps. 5 would be nice, but probably too much! Pit looks liek he has some great Smashes, and Angel Ring looks pretty strong too. Can't wait to play as him!

Top Bottom