• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton December Spesho Results!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I have a couple shout-outs:

Dan: You're lame =D. That norfair game was something else >_>.

Jack: Ok, upB makes marth vs MK even... I swear. Luckily I know GaW is a total beast and can't lose to anything other than a planking MK.

Mike: I am sure if we won winner's you wouldn't have choked so hard, but w.e I can't complain, it's not like it changed anything, I still got 2nd as usual.

Jamie: Next tournament I think you're gonna take out someone surprising, but you have to make sure to keep this up. If you ever want practice vs certain characters just ask me, I can go a lot of characters and I'd be more than happy to help an improving smasher.

Stevo: That luigi is ********, but in a good way. Ledgedash to dash attack is the greatest. 60% dsmash combos are also pretty good >_>.

Darren: ENTER SINGLES NEXT TIME PLZ

I look forward to the new monthlies at the UofA :).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Mine are coming, I've just been on and off busy since my grandparents are here and being a pain in the ***. I know it's the season to be jolly, but... They gotta gtfo. LOL

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Mine are coming as well. It's just a daunting task, because I have like, 40 total to do between both days. =S

Also, it just occured to me that Frio should probably be listed as Pikachu/Snake for singles, because used Snake in the game he took off me. Ima go change that. =3

:005:

Frio

Smash Champion
Then I stopped >_> and I only used snake that one time against you Jake. But I guess it still counts

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Well, I guess it would be different for people who don't win (like me in the Melee bracket XD), but that's how it is in the Brawl character rankings thread, and that doesn't take that kind of situation into consideration. But, if it included characters people lost with, somebody could win every set with MK, but toss the second match by using Ganondorf or something each time, and have that character listed by their name, even though they did nothing useful with them. Not that anybody would do that, but there really is no point of mentioning characters somebody doesn't accomplish anything with when they did win using a different character.

Wow, what a useless post. XD

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
What is this personal counterpicking!? LOL In anycase... Shoutouts in 3... 2... 1...

Melee Shoutouts

1. Superboom (Marth) - Yay I took the first match in friendlies. bragbragbragbragbragbragbrag. nah, get ***** me. Way to go on beating Mike. I thought you'd get 2nd, no lie. Close matches but 2nd. But way to go, bro!

2. Mike Monkey (Marth/Falcon) - Wow, long time, no see! I had fun in our friendlies. Hope to see you more if smashfests and melee at monthlies keep happening. You know I'll keep entering and playing!

3. Alphicans (Fox) - Hah! Way to earn the right to rub it in everyone's faces. TOP THREE! Kickass Fox. The fact that I couldn't even touch you in pools was...scary. Jesus, buddy.

4. Stevo (DK/Shiek/Luigi/others...) - We finally got friendlies and matches in outside of At Melee's End, and the Doubles finals at Animethon years ago. And man, were they fun. DK vs. Link was incredibly fun, and I can't wait to keep on going with Gnaon so I can close the gap between us. Oh, and Luigi ftw. XD

5. Dragonz (Fox) - Glad that I didn't disappoint with beast Ganon. I had fun playing against you when I did!

5. Vincent (Marth) - A shame that I couldn't take it to game 3 against you, but nonetheless I had plenty of fun nonetheless. Let's play again some more. Next monthly or a near smashfest maybe?

7. Solaris (Samus) - That had to be the most epic set I've ever played in Melee, and our friendlies were incredibly fun. The extended grapple chaingrabs made me laugh. XDD Thanks for the good times, Jarret. You're getting a Brawl shoutout in my next set of stuff too. Good games.

7. MagnuM (Marth/Bowser) - STUUU!! D: You never showed for Brawl day! Oh well, we got to see you again. You're the reason that I even think of whipping out Bowser on occassion. XD Play more and get back in the groove of things, man. We know that you wreck.

9. Ron (Falco) - Not certain if I played you... I'm sorry. D:

9. x After Dawn x (Falco) - Good games on our money match. Next time I'll take you on with Ganon. It'll be even better. We finally played in Melee. XD

9. T-block (Puff) - DASH ATTACK TO REST DASH ATTACK TO REST. LOL

9. Kuraudo (Ganon) - Channel the warrior, my son.

13. Firefly (Falco) - Those were really fun games in friendlies. Way to go on learning Falco, man. I don't have the patience for him or Fox... So much easier to FAir all day. >_> Proper shoutouts for the Brawl section after.

13. Sraigux (Falco) - **** I suck for forgetting who I played.

13. Funk (Peach/Ganon) - You too. orz

13. Kyle (Marth) - I think you should stick to playing Marth. I see potential in it for this game if you keep playing! Falcon dittos for the win too. We gotta do more of those at any Smashfest or next monthly if Melee is there. You down??

17. Salamander (Peach) - Fun friendlies! Proper shoutouts for Brawl to come!

17. Yoshara (Roy) - Proper shoutouts for Brawl to come, but I wanna see more of that Roy later!

17. Bankai pwn (Pikachu) - I hope your tournament experience here was a good one, even if it was small. If you ever need a hand with anything, just let me know. I was glad to help and I hope my controller saw you through some fun matches. I didn't get to see your Pikachu much this time, but next time we're definitely going to play some matches. I hope you're cool with that. I think it'd be fun. ^^

BRAWL SHOUTOUTS COMING RIGHT AWAY

Brawl Shoutouts

1. Superboom (Snake/MK) - Way to go, as usual, yadda yadda yadda seeya in Fort or in Spruce later. lol

2. Alphicans (Game & Watch/MK/Falco) - Good job on beating Jack and taking 2nd. I don't think we managed to play in Brawl this monthly. Wtf, eh? Oh well. We had plenty of fun.

3. KillL0ck (Marth) - Playing you in the bracket this time has taught me something about myself. I need to focus to win. I know that you shouldn't be giving me as much trouble as you do. Oh, and when we won? There was no need to apologize. I don't ragequit or get down on myself. I just think. And have fun. And I learned the most from you what I have to do. The sandbagging that goes on in friendlies, and the focus that goes into a tourney bracket match... I've begun to see what I have to do to win. Thanks, Jack.

4. Fiji (MK/Snake) - ARGH THAT SD. I can't wait to face you in bracket again. Snake or MK, doesn't matter, game on. Thanks again for all you guys did for recordings and the like. Can't wait to see vids go up.

5. Firefly (Yoshi) - ARGH THAT SD. Wow that friendly match was awesome though. And way to go on your placing for coming back. Once again your Yoshi is something to be seriously feared. You and I will have our bracket match, and seeing as how you and I have closed the gap in skill level, I'm looking forward to a set that goes to game 3, or game 5 depending on how far you and I go. And it WILL be epic! You're not the best Yoshi in the world. But in all honesty and as a friend; you're one of the best I've seen. At least give yourself that much credit. Sonic vs. Yoshi; no copouts and our best characters going at it. It's going to happen. GET HYPED!

5. Frio (Pikachu/Snake) - Good games, Mark. I have to learn the Pikachu match-up. Once I do, I'll give you a fairer, and more fun set. Congrats on 5th.

7. Zero (Ike/King Dedede) - ... ... ... Sonic FSmash into Dedede chaingrab. That is all. LMFAO

7. T-block (Diddy/Pokemon Trainer) - We STILL have never had a tourney set! **** it! LOL way to go on bringing it back around this time instead of choking like last monthly. More P.Trainer next monthly. But your Diddy really shocked me this tournament. Especially in crews. The things that I was seeing... Wow. Next monthly will be amazing. I'd better get you in my pool, or face you in the bracket. Because **** just got real.

9. Lime (Snake) - Beast mode in Crew Battles! Holy crap, Jamie! Way to go. Proud of you. I know that you'll do way better against me next time. Just take what I said into consideration and then some, and next time we'll make some epic matches happen. Thanks for the combo video material. >_>;; ... Let's play more BlazBlue later.

9. Yoshara (Wolf) - Playing Brawl+ and using Ike in it was probably one of the funnest parts of this monthly. Thanks a lot, Stephen. Good games, and I had lots of fun talking with you as per usual. That Fox is a good secondary, and keep up the mad skillz with Wolf. ^^b

9. Arsenal (Zelda/MK) - That Zelda and MK are awesome, dude. Our crew battle match was all kinds of epic. I wanna play you again in more friendlies. Smashfest somewhere or next monthly? We gotta get more time in. Good games, and thanks again for helping with recordings. Can't wait to see everyone.

9. Kuraudo (Sonic) - You beasted through Yoshara and Lime. You 3-stocked Lime's Snake and then 2-stocked him on his CP of Brinstar, with five back airs in a row. Boxob would be proud. You DI'd like a pro and lived through three Zelda USmashes at high percent. **** SON. GET BETTER. BRAGBRAGBRAGBRAGBRAGBRAGBRAGL0L0L0L0L0L0L

13. Fraser (ROB) - Man, tough break this time around... But that's okay, man. The more fair brackets we have consistently, the better you'll become. That 4th place win last monthly was nicely done though. We won't forget that. ROB scares me. X_X

13. Solaris (Samus/MK) - Papa Lesbian ftw. Seriously though, the people that played Brawl more couldn't even touch Mark. And yet YOU come in with that epic Samus and show him what's up. That was an amazing stand you took against him. Your Samus is as fun to watch in Brawl as it is to watch in Melee. The hype that takes place helps too. Good game in pools, and amazing job in crews. Come back for more Melee and Brawl, man. I'll play with you some other time!

13. Bairz (ROB) - Are you Karl? If so, you teamed with Red Comet and beat me and Zero. That was nicely done, and ROB, once again, proves to be a tough match-up for Sonic. Way to go! I wanna face you in singles or in friendlies more sometime.

13. Colin (Ness/Game & Watch) - We got lost trying to take you home, and I got pulled over for one of my illegal U-Turns shortly afterwards. ... Well. Now I know where you live. But I'm not doing that for anyone else ever again, not if they don't know directions as well as they should. Great games, Colin, and your match in pools with Jake was amazing. Holy crap I was on the edge of my seat. fadskjhfads

17. Red Comet (Lucario) - YAY LUCARIO! Impressive win over Mark's Pikachu, something that I couldn't pull off in brackets. Good game in friendlies, and when we face in bracket sometime, I'm hoping that it'll be intense. Hope to see you more. Get good with that Lucario, son! I know you can do it!

17. Chaos (Marth/Diddy) - Work on that Diddy, but don't stop getting good with that Marth, man. I love fightng Marths. Good games, dude.

17. Salamander (ROB) - SALLY MANDY! Good games in friendlies. Even if I won, I want you to know that you still were a pain in the *** to me. That's a very good thing seeing as how ROB is a bad match-up for Sonic. I can see you beating me if I don't keep stepping up my game. I mean that.

17. Tokaio (Wario) - Welcome back to the tourney scene, bro! ...even if you may have to hit the books again. D: Wish we'd play more. I wanna take on your Wario. Haven't taken one on since I faced Phantom X in Hawaii... Lucas vs. Sonic needs a rematch too.

17. Diminisht (Link/Marth) - The community can't thank you guys enough for helping put Canada's West Coast scene back on the map. We show just as much promise as East Coast does. I just know it, and you guys are going to help make us known. Can't wait to see the vids go up, and if we didn't play any friendlies, darn. If we did? Great games. Fun doubles matches too. Way to go with repping that Link, dude. Seeya next monthly, I hope!

17. IIIIRICK (Marth) - I keep seeing improvement in your Marth. Keep going and going and going, man. You'll place higher. There is nowhere for you to go but up, if you don't believe in down. You can do it!

17. Wilco (DK/Kirby) - Sucks that we didn't play again... I wanted another rematch with you after our epic set last monthly. Beastly DK, I still remember our second match. Oh god, so painful... fkjahdsf X_X Bring it back, Wilson! I know you'll beast and PR again if you step it up.

Whew! Good games, everyone! Can't wait for crew vids and for whatever else got recorded.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I got wrecked. Mike, your Diddy is seriously too good. I wish I could play Diddy like that.

Good stuff.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Edited the vids into the OP. Under the listing of all the matches, if a vid is in grey, the match was recorded. Click on the match you want and it should take you to the video that contains the match.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Darren, your clutch comeback was so sexy.
lol I really shouldn't have come back from that utter **** Diddy served me. It was the first time I fought a good Diddy on FD.

.__.

And yeah, it was a fun monthly.

Vania you missed a lot ;)

Limeee

Smash Champion
i don't think she's going to be going to these boards for a while darren, too busy with RO

i loved RO :D

i used to play it and all its private servers wayyyy too much, same with my brother

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Does the first vid work for anyone else??? It's not working for me yet...

Oh wait. Hold on. Working. Let's see if it goes all the way.

Darn it. It stops at 3:42. dkjfhadsfads

[EDIT]

FML. YouTube, stop being a ***** I wanna see past Jamie vs Dim.

[EDIT #2]

YAY IT WORKS!!!

red_comet

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts for brawl!

1. Superboom (Snake/MK) - Thanks for playing all the friendlies with me. Although I'm pretty sure I got 3 stocked every time lol.

2. Alphicans (Game & Watch/MK/Falco) - I still need to play you... Good job in the rankings though.

3. KillL0ck (Marth) - Didn't get a chance to play you this time but I'll play you next time. Keep it up with Marth!

4. Fiji (MK/Snake) - Consistent as always getting near the top. Had fun in doubles and next time I'll have to play you 1v1. Maybe see you around the U.

5. Firefly (Yoshi) - Nice meeting you for the first time and you and Colin still make a good team. Keep it up with Yoshi. Thanks for helping with brawl, couldn't have done it without you.

5. Frio (Pikachu/Snake) - Lots of fun here. I beat you in pools, but you clearly dominated me in crews so I don't know exactly how I fair against you lol. Can't wait to play next time.

7. Zero (Ike/King Dedede) - Had lots of fun in doubles with you and Kuraudo. You should try to play me next time with D3, I'd like to see how that goes.

7. T-block (Diddy/Pokemon Trainer) - Stay as PT. Good job hosting too!

9. Lime (Snake) - You were the no name player that came to surprise everyone. Your getting a lot better then when you first started so you better keep it up or I'll get you next time for sure.

9. Yoshara (Wolf) - Didn't get to play you this time but good job with Wolf. Definitely getting better since I last played you.

9. Arsenal (Zelda/MK) - Although i didn't play you this time you still were doing pretty good. Glad to see you again and hopefully see you around next semester too.

9. Kuraudo (Sonic) - Amazing Sonic, just awesome. I'll have to bring my best to match that so watch out next time cause Ima gonna beat ya. GG in doubles, glad I had a ROB lol.

13. Fraser (ROB) - Power shielding hacks between us lol. GG and hope to play you again next monthly on FD FTW.

13. Solaris (Samus/MK) - Amazing job against Mark. I hope to play your Samus next time and have an awesome match.

13. Bairz (ROB) - Good job partner! We did better than we ever did in doubles. Lets keep it up and make it to 3rd (haha).

13. Colin (Ness/Game & Watch) - Fun doubles matches. Keep up those epic comebacks of massive proportions that only you can come back from!

17. Red Comet (Lucario) - Must get better.

17. Chaos (Marth/Diddy) - Good job in the tourney and stepping up as the new host. Also stick with Marth, you know that character better than Diddy.

17. Salamander (ROB) - Had fun matches against you! GG and play you again next time.

17. Tokaio (Wario) - Wb. Good Wario but got to watch the timer for fart kills. Hope you can make it for the next one if you can travel fast enough to the University since its closer than NAIT or sk.

17. Diminisht (Link/Marth) - Nice job out there with Link, the tv's and recording equipment. Hope to play you next time. Maybe see you around next year.

17. IIIIRICK (Marth) - Taking the lead in crews is always a good thing! keep it up with Marth and hope to play you next time too.

17. Wilco (DK/Kirby) - You played great in doubles, you just need a good solution to your wii/chuck prob. Hope to play you next time again.

#less. DTP - Sick Peach! You should have entered singles, could have made it as epic as crews. Hope to see and play you next time, hopefully in pools or brackets too.

EDIT: Remembered! I did fight KillL0ck and Wilco, they both won so I blocked it out to stay positive. GG guys and I will win next time!

Top Bottom