• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aish's edmonton December Spesho Results!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
What's this? Late shoutouts? Geez, Jake, way to be punctual. =/

Melee guys

Mike Monkey (Marth/Falcon) - Uh, I think we played one friendly early on, so GG. Grand finals was fun to watch. I particularly enjoyed the acid combos on Brinstar. Stomp -> Acid and Acid -> Knee are legit.

Stevo (DK/Shiek/Luigi/others...) - GGs in pools, although I really don't think we would've had to do that tiebreaker if the pools were sets of 3 on the first place. XD My laser-spamming Falco may have worked on DK('s shield), but your Shiek just gimps me all day. Your Weegee was fun to fight in doubles as well. Grr aerials

Dragonz (Fox) - I guess SDs are what I do best these days. ^.^ It's what happens when a Falco with trash techskill tries too hard. On another note, your set with Tyler was fairly epic. I heard you were pretty new to the Melee scene, but it really doesn't show. At least not to me. =S

Vincent (Marth) - I remember our set as a blur of me getting prodded with swords and just losing somehow. LOL I don't even know. I need to get gimped less. GGs

MagnuM (Marth/Bowser) - GGs in pools. I was happy with how I did against your Marth, but I would've liked to have played your Bowser as well. Low Tiers FTW

Ron (Falco) - Way to make me look bad. :x Heh, I was lucky enough to get Falco dittoed in both pools and the bracket by the same guy. You just generally outmanoevered me. =3

x After Dawn x (Falco) - I always enjoy watching good Falcos play, but playing them is a different story. I don't remember if we actually played friendlies or not; as a general rule, Falco dittoes are me getting shine comboed repeatedly until I die, so it all becomes a blur after a while. v.v Keep reppin' that bird. =]

Sraigux (Falco) - I don't think I actually played you, but I saw some of your matches. I'd say we should play, but Falco dittos. >.<

Funk (Peach/Ganon) - Luckily for me, I happen to be friends with a Dsmash main, so I was mentally prepared to face Peach. =P I don't recall seeing your Ganon, though. GGs

Bankai pwn (Pikachu) - Your Pikachu was solid, especially considering you apparently don't have a Cube to practice on. o.0 Our low tier set was fun, and I'm sure if you keep at it, you'll improve really quickly. =]

Carl - Too bad you couldn't arrive early enough to take money from Singles. D= I'm glad you still came though, because I had a lot of fun in our low tier set, and the friendlies afterwards. Thanks for the tips you gave me (it's nice to know I'm at least doing something right =P)

Tyson - Heh, sorry for ****ing with everything in my pool to create those really confusing results. XD I'm glad it all got sorted out in the end though. You did a great job working everything out, and I'm sure things would've been much sloppier without you there.

Brawl guys

Superboom (Snake/MK) - Well, I think I really learned a lot amidst all those matches we played Brawl. Mainly:
1. I still don't know how to fight a good MK and
2. Don't take a good MK to Norfair.
I still think I did pretty well against your Snake, and I have a better CP lined up for you next time. Maybe I'll even take a match off you next time? Eh...

Alphicans (Game & Watch/MK/Falco) - I'm not gonna lie, I'm really proud of how I did against you this time around. For the first time, I wasn't actually discouraged after our set. =0 I guess the stuff I read on the G&W match-up really did help me. I will take that second game off you in our next set, mark my words. >=3

KillL0ck (Marth) - What were you doing on the other side of the bracket? You can't knock me out of Winner's from all the way over there! Judging from the half-matches we kept playing, we're still kinda evenish, so I guess I can try again when you come to BC to take our money with Dan. You should also come to TourneyPlay. =D

Fiji (MK/Snake) - GGs in both doubles and pools. You're pretty legit, considering you're a fairly new addition to the community (from my perspective anyway), and I'm sure you'll crack the top 3 sooner or later. Keep at it.

Frio (Pikachu) - I had an opportunity to make up for the pools match I completely failed in against you back in August, and d***ed if I was going to botch it this time. =P Our set was really back and forth, and I had to be on my toes at all times to not get wrecked. I need to work on jabbing those Tjolts away though. Great matches. ^.^ Come to TourneyPlay please?

Zero (Ike/King Dedede) - So I fought this guy who used Ike in BC, but he paled in comparison to you. I can see how you got fifth at the last monthly, and I was legitimately concerned that I'd be knocked out by another low tier. XD Your Ike is legit. I know you were frustrated after that crews match, but you really beasted in that match IMO. GGs, keep it up, and stop Usmashing my landings please. <=/

T-block (Diddy/Pokemon Trainer) - I donno why you keep saying you did a mediocre job hosting, because you really didn't. The tourney ran very smoothly, and you should be proud of how you stepped up. I guess I could say the same about your Squirtle too though, even if you were apparently sandbagging. =P And then there was your Diddy, spazzing out all over the place. I don't think I played it 1v1, but after that crews match with Darren, I'm scurred.

Lime (Snake) - Wow, you really have improved. o.0 Of course, your showing in pools was pretty impressive (grenade -> Bair KO on Diminisht made me 0.o), but I'm sure you've heard that a lot by now. Our set was just plain fun, and the box shinanigans were the most messed up thing I've seen in a tournament set. XD GGs, but next time you challenge somebody to a footrace, be sure not to get Sakurai'd. =P

Yoshara (Wolf) - To think that it was but a single Dedede that kept you from reaching me in the bracket. XD I don't think I was ready to face Wolf's wall of pain stuff when it really counted. Just like everybody else, you've improved a lot, and it was fun playing with you in both games.

Arsenal (Zelda/MK) - If I were to face you in the bracket, I think you'd be the first person to force me to use a different character to win. o.0 Zelda just tends to destroy spotdodges, which Yoshi doesn't really like. Fun friendlies, and it was nice to be able to whip our my Ike for a match or two.

Kuraudo (Sonic) - I don't understand WTF your Sonic is even doing half the time anymore. XD I remember a day when I would pivot grab and you'd usually run into it, but that just gets me punished now. You worked me pretty hard on FD, and I think that made up for that rather unfortunate pools match. Don't worry though, I'm never letting you take me there in an actual set. I guess I'll see you outside AB in early 2010! =D

Fraser (ROB) - Didn't play you in singles, but you and Mark really did some annoying stuff in doubles. =D You improved a lot, and the two of you made a pretty good team. You did really well in crews as well. Congrats again on your PR placement; I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a believer. =D

Solaris (Samus/MK) - I never would've guessed Melee Samus could carry over to Brawl Samus, but you made it work. I think you got kinda screwed over in pools, and you had me going for a while as well, but your set with Luke was fun to watch. Too good, actually; Dan was delaying his match with me so he could watch it. >.> Very impressive showing.

Bairz (ROB) - GGs in doubles; I was honestly surprised at how well you guys did against us in doubles. The fact that you guys beat Brandom and Adam is pretty cool as well. I don't think we got to play outside of that though. Keep at it!

Colin (Ness/Game & Watch) - I donno about you, but our pools match was the most overhyped thing I've ever played. XD That was my first singles tourney match too, so it really had me worried that I'd have to work that hard in every match. It was fun though, and it seems our matches require even MORE patience than they did before. I should figure out how to approach you consistantly. Also, it was cool knowing your comeback skills are even more non-existant amazing than they were before. =0

Red Comet (Lucario) - Again, GGs in doubles. The whole time I was trying to edge away from you because I know Lucario supposedly destroys Yoshi, and I didn't want to fight you long enough to let you figure me out. =P Good stuff beating Frio in pools as well. It's upsets like that that make everything more interesting. =D

Chaos (Marth/Diddy) - Good job in our friendly match! I've fought a lot of Marths over the months, and you held up fairly well, considering you haven't used Marth against me before (even though Marth vs. Yoshi is a pretty easy match-up for Marth XD). Also, thanks to you, I am now going to measure % leads in every match with Snake in it using our new unit of damage measurement. =3

Salamander (ROB) - Heh, scrub. Maybe you'd do better if you didn't keep skipping out on everything. >=D Seriously though, despite my constant badgering, I was impressed at how you stacked up, and you did reasonably well against Jack in crews, so good job. ^.^ Listen to T-Block and start coming to more of these, even though I won't be there. They're being held at the U of A now, so you really have no excuse not to show. ^.^

Tokaio (Wario) - I NEVER GOT TO PLAY YOU!!! D=< Your Wario was fun to watch, and I would've loved to face off against you, but I never got the chance. >.< Next time...

Diminisht (Link/Marth) - I NEVER GOT TO PLAY YOU EITHER!!! >=[ Keep on reppin' that Link; I'll make sure to get some matches with you next time I come out.

IIIIRICK (Marth) - Heh, looking at the bracket, it looks like you were the first person to get screwed over by Mark getting knocked into loser's so early. Sorry about that! =D GGs in both games, and good job especially in pools. You did get kind of owned indirectly by all the upsets though, which is a shame. You'll get 'em next time!

Wilco (DK/Kirby) - KIRBYCIIIIIDE! I felt like such a loser after you did that to me. XD I feel really bad now for not playing those friendlies with you, but I didn't want to keep the bracket going any longer than it needed. I guess doubles is better than nothing though. GGs!

Victor + Pitch/Geed + Sask - Where you at?!? D=>

tl;dr much? Long story short, I had a great time, and I think I proved that I can still keep up with you guys. I'm excited for some of you to come to BC and WA and start playing there! But until then, Merry Christmas to all! I should probably go to bed now, seeing how I have a little brother that will want to wake up early tomorrow... >.>

:005:

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Bracket
1. Superboom (Snake/MK)-Stop winning so much, let one of us low tiers win, but that will happen next time. To good man, excellent pool match we had
2. Alphicans (Game & Watch/MK/Falco)- Hi Luke (Ya, I got nothing else for this time, he knows I <3....to troll him)
3. KillL0ck (Marth)- Man, I shouldve taken our crew more seriously, excellent comeback though, beat me by Luking it. I will beat you next smashfest/tourny though, Im not far behind
4. Fiji (MK/Snake)- Wow, you ***** me first match, GG man, ll have my revenge next time.
5. Firefly (Yoshi)- Jake, its been 1 year since Ive even fought a Yoshi, let alone a legit one. You are **** sure to legit, amazin things we did, shame I CP'd like an idiot though XD. See you at Tourny Play
5. Frio (Pikachu/Snake)- I feel bad about that Pool match, sorry man, but you know your great. Epic **** in crews.
7. Zero (Ike/King Dedede)- Why must you be so sexy
7. T-block (Diddy/Pokemon Trainer)- I will get that 5 dollars back, now I know how to deal with Zard since Jabbing is unsafe, to awesome man.
9. Lime (Snake)- You beat my D3 in pools, nice job man, your getting so much better
9. Yoshara (Wolf)- Epic Brawl+ matches man, sorry about the tourny, but it was a great set, GG
9. Arsenal (Zelda/MK)- We never got to play this time, but Ill be ready for Zelda next time man, looking forward to it
9. Kuraudo (Sonic)- Sorry I let you down in Teams, we'll **** harder next time, Maverick SOLDIERs will eliminate all
13. Fraser (ROB)- Again you eliminated us from Doubles, awesome job man, and great crew performance.
13. Solaris (Samus/MK)- Dude, awesome set against Luke, and great match against Mark, for how little you care about Brawl your awesome at it
13. Bairz (ROB)- GG's in doubles man, nice meeting you man
13. Colin (Ness/Game & Watch)- Dude, dont do that to my Wii again, I had to reformat my SD card a bit >_>. Good seeing you again though, next time we'll 1v1
17. Red Comet (Lucario)- Nice Lucario man, beat me in pools clean, to good.
17. Chaos (Marth/Diddy) -Dont think we played this time man, but your gettin better, I could tell, I look forward to facing you again
17. Salamander (ROB)- I dont think we met, well next time lets Friendly
17. Tokaio (Wario)- Great match in Singles man, great Wario, Ike vs Wario is an awesome match, sorry we never got those friendlies in
17. Diminisht (Link/Marth)- Man, we never got to play, your Link is so awesome, I love watching you play him, awesome Bomb control and such
17. IIIIRICK (Marth)- GG's man, your Marth is definetly getting better, cant wait till next time
17. Wilco (DK/Kirby)- Dude, stop being so good with the Wiimote, awesome pool match, and epic friendlies.

Darren- Dude, enter singles next time. Awesome crew showing, turnip gimp ftw.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Jake, we played a friendly together. Fox vs Falco. I was gonna choose Falco but you didn't wanna ditto LOL so I went Fox. =)
Oh yeah! Well, I guess I still just got shined to death, just in a different direction. ^.^

Darren - Shame you didn't enter singles, but I'm glad you showed anyway. =D It was fun playing friendlies with you again, even though you didn't show your skills in the bracket. D=< You'd better not disappear from the smash scene completely by the time I get back to Alberta.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I forgot about this thread for awhile.....

#less. DTP - Sick Peach! You should have entered singles, could have made it as epic as crews. Hope to see and play you next time, hopefully in pools or brackets too.
Darren- Dude, enter singles next time. Awesome crew showing, turnip gimp ftw.
lol thanks guys. If I enter another tourney then I'll enter singles.
Darren - Shame you didn't enter singles, but I'm glad you showed anyway. =D It was fun playing friendlies with you again, even though you didn't show your skills in the bracket. D=< You'd better not disappear from the smash scene completely by the time I get back to Alberta.

Yeah I had a good time playing friendlies with you again. You're still tough as ever.
Not sure about the disappearing part though, I think it might happen .__.
Haven't touched brawl since the tourney, and I still don't really want too.
Hell, I barely come to this site much nowadays.

darren would rather work than play smash
Nah, not anymore. Work pisses me off. I'd rather do anything other than work.

I just got off work 30 mins ago........
Made $150 in tips, but working on new years is really lame =/

Alphicans

Smash Hero
We certainly will, but deep down you know there is no point in stopping playing a game that you actually like. deny it as much as you want, but I know you like brawl. :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I never said I didn't like brawl. It's just quickly losing it's charm.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If luke mained mario he would be luke-ario

I love lucus he will **** metaknight

I love luke cause he will **** me to night

O:

Top Bottom