• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
so i heard munkus won doubles at the UA tourney today. that makes me mad, cuz i was gonna be his partner. i don't know who his partner was, but apparently he's not as good as i am. but munkus said it wasn't like he was carrying the team at all.
It was me and I suck. I hate to sound overly modest and a ****, but that's just how I feel. Never-the-less, Munkus (And by Munkus, I mean Metaknight) was pretty much carrying us... except I picked it up a little at the end. Just wait for the videos to be posted in a couple of weeks, then you shall know the truth!

And don't miss out on the next T-town tourny! The more the better~

Majist

Smash Journeyman
wow. that's crazy. TIJ, congrats on second place! you're very skilled at brawl. i'm not gonna lie, you kicked my arse all over the place online. congrats to moogle and munkus as well. i sure coulda used that money, lol.

makes me hate MK a little more. but munkus is a very skilled player. MK wouldn't be what he is without the skill. i'm just beginning to believe brawl isn't as balanced as we all thought it to be, which honestly, doesn't surprise me. the more we play the more we discover about the game.

oh, and Duchock, i hope i didn't offend you by my last comment. i didn't mean to sound like a ****. i'm sure you don't suck:) it takes two to win a doubles tourney, way to go.

quick question, Midguy. did you use Zelda in singles to make it all the way to 5th place? cuz if you did, i would cream myself. Zelda rules.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Janitor has grown a lot since I first saw him start playing. Even though I've not been there for all the progress (mostly the bookends), the difference is clear. Claritin clear. That R.O.B. is pretty nasty.

And Majist, don't sweat it. What I say is the truth: in half of our matches, I died with Munkus at 2 stock left. He litterally finished off everything else by himself. Given that's the first time I've done a 2v2s... ever... I think I did okay at least.

(And I think I saw Midguy use Wolf a lot.)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Duchock don't sell yourself short now, you're pretty good. Every other ness i've ever fought has sucked.

I hate MK and think he's ********, but I don't want to sell munkus short either, he's definitely found some things out about MK. He's even better than he was like two weeks ago the last time I played him online
\

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well i just got MK: Wii and ive only played one race but i can tell so far that its ganna be quite fun. I used the "Wii Wheel" and its feels pretty comfortable so its not all bad. So i say this to anyone who bought MK: Wii i will give my friend code to cause i wanna try the online and see how decent it is =/.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
quick question, Midguy. did you use Zelda in singles to make it all 10 bbbvgthe way to 5th place? cuz if you did, i would cream myself. Zelda rules.
Nah, i pretty much used Wolf exclusively. I picked her one time against Janitor. I beat his diddy with wolf, he picked rob and beat me pretty bad, so I picked Zelda, but still lost.

Duchok, you did good. Especially in those last 2-3 matches of the finals.

Janitor, you've come a long way in the short time I've been playing with you and I think ROB is where its at for you. He's so hard to fight.

Also, as a sidenote about "Metaknight," I had him picked against me 7 rounds through the whole tournament and lost to "Metaknight" twice and that was going 1-2 with Munkus who I think we can all agree is a skilled player in general. I'm still not convinced about MK being as bad as everyone making him out to be.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Nah, i pretty much used Wolf exclusively. I picked her one time against Janitor. I beat his diddy with wolf, he picked rob and beat me pretty bad, so I picked Zelda, but still lost.

Duchok, you did good. Especially in those last 2-3 matches of the finals.

Janitor, you've come a long way in the short time I've been playing with you and I think ROB is where its at for you. He's so hard to fight.

Also, as a sidenote about "Metaknight," I had him picked against me 7 rounds through the whole tournament and lost to "Metaknight" twice and that was going 1-2 with Munkus who I think we can all agree is a skilled player in general. I'm still not convinced about MK being as bad as everyone making him out to be.
that's good that you're keeping the faith. i guess being beat down by MK (munkus) so many times with every character i have has left me a bit distraught. i guess i just have to work on my playstyle with him.

i fought a fairly decent MK online today and won. he played similarly to munkus, not as good, but similar. perhaps there's hope yet.

j00t

Smash Champion
It was me and I suck. I hate to sound overly modest and a ****, but that's just how I feel. Never-the-less, Munkus (And by Munkus, I mean Metaknight) was pretty much carrying us... except I picked it up a little at the end. Just wait for the videos to be posted in a couple of weeks, then you shall know the truth!

And don't miss out on the next T-town tourny! The more the better~
This will sound wierd coming out of ME of all people, but putting yourself down doesn't help. Just practice and you'll be good as the rest of the people down there eventually. :3

Congrats to the winnarz, sounds like you had fun. Fight me online when you get the chance, my AIM is jturner2k6.

j00t

Smash Champion
that's good that you're keeping the faith. i guess being beat down by MK (munkus) so many times with every character i have has left me a bit distraught. i guess i just have to work on my playstyle with him.

i fought a fairly decent MK online today and won. he played similarly to munkus, not as good, but similar. perhaps there's hope yet.
Apparently Snake is where it's at. I think out of your characters Ike would be best because of the range he has with some of his aerials. Just play defensively and make him rush towards you. But iono what i'm talking about, Warios just weave in and out and crap :<

EDIT: Oh balls, I doubleposted. >_>;

Sensai

Smash Master
Majist said:
i forgive you
I don't, Joot. May you burn in Hell for eternity!

I've given up trying to keep up with this thread or Smashboards in general. So, I'll throw this out there and see what happens: I'm going to be back in Huntsville in about a week's time for good. We should Smash.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I don't, Joot. May you burn in Hell for eternity!

I've given up trying to keep up with this thread or Smashboards in general. So, I'll throw this out there and see what happens: I'm going to be back in Huntsville in about a week's time for good. We should Smash.
SWEEEEEET.

we're gonna have to get some double Ganon teams in Melee again. for justice. and for much stomping pleasure.

and I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOU RIGHT NOW, WILL.

@Tarnish: i didn't know MK: Wii was out already. i was a little worried about the controls being too sensitive, but i was basing this assumption off of the N64 steering wheel and pedals. that thing was impossible to use back in the day.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Yea Majist Mario Kart looks to be great fun man. I was just way to tired to play much of it lastnight. I will say that the Wii Wheel works pretty good, even though its just a peace of plastic XD. Anyways ill be looking for people to play online with so post those codes up people :urg:.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lulz @ people apologizing for double posting.
i double and triple post on a regular basis in this thread

its really one of the dumbest forum rules ever.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I unfortunately don't have any way to transfer the VHS to a DVD until I go back home, and I can't get them straight from the VHS to my computer. But, the weekend after finals at UA (should be 2 from now) I'll try to get them up.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
aaaaaah! the one tourney i couldn't go to is the one my best friend wins in both divisions. FACK!!

why couldn't i go to this?!?! oh yeah, my brother's birthday.... OH SNAP, WE HAVE CAKE!!!!

*runs away

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I got all of my doubles matches, the doubles finals, me beating poet in singles, munkus beating pr0t0, munkus beating moogle, and the singles finals. Maybe a few others too, but thats all I remember atm.

Top Bottom