• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I seem to almost lose my controller at every event I've been to. I don't even know if I came home with the same controller from the last b-ham monthly, lol.

And thanks for the vote of confidence, George. Here's what I got on the nado so far:

-Giant Punching the tornado needs to be done from the air. Grounded GP clinks.

-Front part of the Dsmash works, but it shouldn't be tried if the nado is coming in from more than a 45 degree angle from the x axis, with DK's feet being (0, 0).

-Ftilt works, but clinks sometimes. Also, if the part of DK's hurtbox that extends with the ftilt connects, you get caught in the nado faster than if you hadn't moved at all.

-Fsmash works, but you need an accurate prediction and it has the same moving hurtbox problem.

-Dair works, but same deal with fsmash.

-uptilt and bair do NOT seem to work. I'm still researching, so I hope I'm wrong on this.

-The nado's hitboxes kinda fluctuate, meaning there are little openings that allow you to land ftilt, GP, etc. I'm still not sure on how big those openings are, but they seem to be too small for basic human comprehension. That's just an educated guess, though.

Hopefully I'll figure out what's what before I have to fight the next nado-happy MK.

Theory wise, I would have to say Giant Punch to be the best bet. It sucks to have it clink, but it's the best form of punishment, so good that after your opponent sees you hit them once they may be afraid to try again anytime you have that sexy fist charged up.

Either that or run?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is awesome and i hate your Olimar, DanGR
Try playing him with DK. x_X

@ Majist: Glad to hear the bair works. I'll test it out further.

@ Kalm: Once I figure out why stuff works sometimes and not at others, moves like the GP/bair etc. will be used liberally.

And sorry guys, I can't make it to the b-ham monthly tomorrow. Some things came up and I have to make a trip back to my former home in GA. Moogle will most likely dominate singles. -.-

Majist

Smash Journeyman
My god that Wario is scary, Reflex. very nice sir. I loved all your taunts throughout.

so, for those huntsvillians who are not going to the tourney today, who would like to smash tonight?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might be able to make it. I was gonna go to the tourney, but something came up. <_<

j00t

Smash Champion
Good God, Reflex. Your Wario is amazing!

Those matches.... were entertaining to watch!? What is this madness! *pants heavily*

Hmm.... I'm gonna have to mull this over. I might start playing Brawl after watching that.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
I couldnt stand to freaking watch them. All it was was bobbing in and out, spot dodging, air dodging, spamming weak attacks until the other was at a ridiculous percentage, then an equally uninspiring KO.

brawl is to boxing as melee is to MMA

well actually no, MMA is pretty boring to watch as well... idk the point is that competitive brawl is lame lolz

a better would be brawl is to boxing as melee is to this

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Boxing is fun to watch ;-;

and i could only stomach those matches because of LUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS and the commentary

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
upon further review the first match of winners finals was pretty good.

also how much money was won at FAST?

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I couldnt stand to freaking watch them. All it was was bobbing in and out, spot dodging, air dodging, spamming weak attacks until the other was at a ridiculous percentage, then an equally uninspiring KO.

brawl is to boxing as melee is to MMA

well actually no, MMA is pretty boring to watch as well... idk the point is that competitive brawl is lame lolz

a better would be brawl is to boxing as melee is to this
That was pretty amazing....i never thought there would be such a sport. Why do the eastern people always come up with the weirdest sports XD.

Reflex....wow, i have to agree on those were entertaining to watch. it almost makes me want to play Brawl. But MK is just too good.

For everyone i played, I'm sorry Dracofox doesn't think i'm goos enough to remember :(, Anomaly, those were some good games, i enjoy getting to play someone of my skill level once in a while. To DanGR, get that campy **** outta here XD how am i suppose to chain grab you with IC's if you keep flinging pikman and me 0o touche.

For Andy and joot, i talked to my Cal A. prof and she said that even though i made a 53, 78, 66 on each of the 3 tests, and about a 70 average on the homework, i still have a B-....woot!
If i do well on the final i'll have a for sure B! i'll get to keep my Scholarship for sure and also have above a 3.0 0o.

Apparently everyone else is sucking as hard as i am. I'm just sucking a little less ^.^

Majist whats your name on SC and who do you normally play as in regular matches? I'm attempting to master the Zerg... 0.0 to many units to handle :dizzy:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
moogle's fox is pretty fun to watch I think. He looks very precise with his movements.

Abridged Bham tourney results:

teams: there were only four teams so meh

singles

1. Will_
2. Moogle
3. theONEjanitor
4. George

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Grats Will_ and all those people that i know who placed. How many people were there?

Also Moogle care if i play Smash with you a bit ( like 30 minutes) when i come by Monday to pick up that DVD?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Grats Will_ and all those people that i know who placed. How many people were there?

Also Moogle care if i play Smash with you a bit ( like 30 minutes) when i come by Monday to pick up that DVD?
Well, the prize for first was $199.50. Entry was 15, and distribution was 70/20/10. Do the math, cause I don't feel like it.

Edit: Wow, I sound moody. I think it's 19 people on the dot.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i got, 19 people. Actually 19 people and four hundredths of a person. But that four hundreths of a person played so crappy we shall not speak of him.

hey Duchock did you ever play that other Zelda guy that was there? tourney/casual. How good is he is he good?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
hey Duchock did you ever play that other Zelda guy that was there? tourney/casual. How good is he is he good?
Yeah. George and I played him in doubles and I played him the match before I played you. He was, well, a Zelda player. There's not much to add to that.

all results¿
Noooo idea. My brain stopped working half way through.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
y'know i had to play pr0+0 twice dude. I was hoping i could come back and say i lost to WILL_ and proto or MOOGLE and proto. But just proto and proto. Maybe i need a CP.

And i definitely didn't even get to play you in a casual Janitor, that sucks. I wanted to cheat out of another Sheik ditto :p.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
y'know i had to play pr0+0 twice dude. I was hoping i could come back and say i lost to WILL_ and proto or MOOGLE and proto. But just proto and proto. Maybe i need a CP.

And i definitely didn't even get to play you in a casual Janitor, that sucks. I wanted to cheat out of another Sheik ditto :p.
I had to fight proto twice too, but I managed to gay him with snake the second time.

i played like 5 total friendlies the whole time.

speaking of which, will, we need to rematch.. that last match was pretty ghastly.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
speaking of which, will, we need to rematch.. that last match was pretty ghastly.
Sure, man.

As most of you know, the camera died before it finished recording the Grand. I'm not sure, but it seems to have dropped the entire file. ._. If any of you know how to recover what was recorded, it'd be extremely appreciated. Those were the best ten matches of my smash career thus far.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
um...well first one i dunno battlefield?

then he counterpicked halberd

really i just needed a character that outranged g&w's wild hitboxes.

snake's unecessary KO power didn't hurt either

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
what do you guys think of an AL power rankings list
we've got dozens of players in Brawl? i think we have enough to justify a top ten

we could keep it in this thread to avoid any kind of problems with the midsouth thread

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i've thought for a while that we should secede from the midsouth power rankings. p.s. Reflex #1, obv.
dooo ittt.
i nominate george and moogle as panelists.

and yeah lol i dun think anyone is gonna argue about reflex being number one lol

also you guys should watch nintendo nerd's review of superman 64
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35929.html

i literally couldn't breathe i was laughing so hard.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I like the idea.

Also, GA has no one that plays; I bet they'd like to attach to either that or the original Mid-South.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I'd like to correct the results TheONEJanitor gave out; it actually looked a lot more like this:
1. Will_
2. Moogle
3. TheONEJanitor
4. Pr0t0
5. pops
5. George

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
oh my bad i though i played you after proto

and I wouldn't mind being a panelist for the rankings either, if thats what it takes

Top Bottom