• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

moogle

Smash Ace
i kind of think the brawl complaint was ridiculous man. "I've played for three days and my friend played for two days and i'm not three stocking him oh my gosh let's play melee"

Hey, how do i find out whether or not moogle will be home by thursday? My parents are about to not let me come because i can't say definitively where we will be playing :(
I'm home. :) Got back on Monday. I think Thursday would be a good smash night.

DanGR and pops, I'll PM you info tonight or whenever I remember to (or AIM me at moogle561). My apartment is close to Madison Square Mall and UAH.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
thanks, Moogle, for clearing that up. i will see you all at Moogle Hut on Thursday. This is also probably a good time to suggest that SaintRage or someone speak up about bringing an extra setup, preferably with a Wii.

Some things I like about Rock Band:
Rush
Foreigner
The Pretenders
The Clash
The Who
David Bowie
David Bowie
David Bowie
David Bowie

I love this thread

Two points to Duchock for keeping on top of things; I wish our Bham brethren were closer.

I may be going to the Monthly Brawl Tourney in Birmingham this weekend. Is anyone else going? I can drive, but I don't have air conditioning or a car stereo. I realize these may be deal breakers for more posh travelers. Such is life.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Kevin, George, Poet, Phantom, and Proto are going to that one. Also me, but I don't count.

And is that picture from the recent Famicase art collection I've seen blogged about recently? Certainly looks like it is.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Good **** Reflex. Never had so much fun fighting a Wario.

I choked, more or less. I cleared pools only to place 33rd in the brackets. ;_; I just dunno how to get past the tornado with DK.

I may be going to the Monthly Brawl Tourney in Birmingham this weekend. Is anyone else going?
I am.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
thanks, Moogle, for clearing that up. i will see you all at Moogle Hut on Thursday. This is also probably a good time to suggest that SaintRage or someone speak up about bringing an extra setup, preferably with a Wii.
Wii and gamecube will be brought, and i think i can bring 2 TV's aswell. Apparently we have having significantly more than the normal amount of people showing up for this thursday.

I'm home. :) Got back on Monday. I think Thursday would be a good smash night.
Good to hear you're back. ^^ How come you never taught me the mind games that come with just tapping your control stick to make yourself dash, but not turn it into a run... apparently its useful 0o
Good **** Reflex. Never had so much fun fighting a Wario.

I choked, more or less. I cleared pools only to place 33rd in the brackets. ;_; I just dunno how to get past the tornado with DK.

I am.
Aww 0o that sucks, well next time will be different I'm sure. I wanna play you again soon, I need to rethink the way I play Brawl.

coach

Smash Apprentice
The people in this topic need to get their progressive ideals out of here.

p.s. rebel rebel!
p.s.s. slide phone <3

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I just dunno how to get past the tornado with DK.
I think I've used the super armor of his Up+B to beat it. If not, I know I've beaten it with properly spaced f-tilts and f-smashes. The only problem is when your opponent is keeping up an insane amount of pressure. Play smart and you can beat them, especially considering how good you are.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I think the guys are gettin' together thursday at Sk8orDie's house if Moogle isn't back by then.

I would drive up there this week, but thursday is... a raid night :X

Edit: But a lot of Brawl hate goes on there, but eh, what can ya do.
it's true, we bash on Brawl quite a lot. But we do play it, and more or less, enjoy it.

Tomorrow will be fun:grin:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Good to hear you're back. ^^ How come you never taught me the mind games that come with just tapping your control stick to make yourself dash, but not turn it into a run... apparently its useful 0o
You've been playing space animals without fox trotting? get with the time my man :-P

moogle

Smash Ace
Yes, smash on Thursday.... everyone should come! (Even Sensai.)

Rigor_Mortis, I almost lost your post in the murky morass of the Alabama thread, but I sent you my address in a PM.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
duchock are you picking me up for the tourney this weekend?
Maybe. I/my parents kinda don't want me parking my car in Ensley. I'mma bug George to see if he can't drive me again. I suggest you do the same~

Which reminds me. I kinda want to go up to H-vills tomorrow, but I don't want to drive. I've always driven, so once I just wanna sit back and enjoy the ride. Any takers from Birmingham?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
if the B-hammers are planning on coming, why not do it Saturday or even Friday night? i won't be able to stay long tomorrow night, since i have to be at work at 3:30am D:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Oh, no wonder edgar was so excited.

You need to get on AIM some time before the world ends Majist. I want moar dittos.

j00t

Smash Champion
Majist, you have a great avatar. LOL

I personally prefer both Thursday and Saturday night. Ya know, how we used to do it.

AND SENSAI, YOU BETTER BE THERE. OR I'M COMING TO YOUR HOUSE.

Sensai

Smash Master
The Smashfest is going down at the usual spot, right? Everyone's referring to it as a Moogle's Hut, but last I checked, it wasn't a hut at all. Nor was it just Moogle.

:-/

(P.P.S. @ Coach: I don't have a slide phone anymore...although I do have to slide my phone to use it!)

j00t

Smash Champion
The Smashfest is going down at the usual spot, right? Everyone's referring to it as a Moogle's Hut, but last I checked, it wasn't a hut at all. Nor was it just Moogle.

:-/

(P.P.S. @ Coach: I don't have a slide phone anymore...although I do have to slide my phone to use it!)
Coach's Apartment.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
You've been playing space animals without fox trotting? get with the time my man :-P
i know right XD. But ya i'm definitely bringing 2 setups, 1 for brawl and 1 for melee. Someone might want to bring some chairs... we might actually be able to hold a mini tourny or something.

Also for those who are coming for the Brawl, we should have plenty of GC controllers lying around, moogle has like 8. But if you want to bring your own controller, make sure you mark it. Will_ almost lost his...or did you lose it 0o...last time, and it was because there was a sea of purple and black controllers.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I seem to almost lose my controller at every event I've been to. I don't even know if I came home with the same controller from the last b-ham monthly, lol.

And thanks for the vote of confidence, George. Here's what I got on the nado so far:

-Giant Punching the tornado needs to be done from the air. Grounded GP clinks.

-Front part of the Dsmash works, but it shouldn't be tried if the nado is coming in from more than a 45 degree angle from the x axis, with DK's feet being (0, 0).

-Ftilt works, but clinks sometimes. Also, if the part of DK's hurtbox that extends with the ftilt connects, you get caught in the nado faster than if you hadn't moved at all.

-Fsmash works, but you need an accurate prediction and it has the same moving hurtbox problem.

-Dair works, but same deal with fsmash.

-uptilt and bair do NOT seem to work. I'm still researching, so I hope I'm wrong on this.

-The nado's hitboxes kinda fluctuate, meaning there are little openings that allow you to land ftilt, GP, etc. I'm still not sure on how big those openings are, but they seem to be too small for basic human comprehension. That's just an educated guess, though.

Hopefully I'll figure out what's what before I have to fight the next nado-happy MK.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ anomaly, other Birmingham players: I have yet to move, actually. I have a house down there, but the furniture moves on August 7th.

So...anyday about a week after that = I'm there.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Huntsville tonight? I will see what I can do. Me, Duchock, anomaly + his friend = my car is full.

H

HsV.BOSS

I'll head up there if it's not too late after I pick my mom up from the hospital.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I seem to almost lose my controller at every event I've been to. I don't even know if I came home with the same controller from the last b-ham monthly, lol.

And thanks for the vote of confidence, George. Here's what I got on the nado so far:

-Giant Punching the tornado needs to be done from the air. Grounded GP clinks.

-Front part of the Dsmash works, but it shouldn't be tried if the nado is coming in from more than a 45 degree angle from the x axis, with DK's feet being (0, 0).

-Ftilt works, but clinks sometimes. Also, if the part of DK's hurtbox that extends with the ftilt connects, you get caught in the nado faster than if you hadn't moved at all.

-Fsmash works, but you need an accurate prediction and it has the same moving hurtbox problem.

-Dair works, but same deal with fsmash.

-uptilt and bair do NOT seem to work. I'm still researching, so I hope I'm wrong on this.

-The nado's hitboxes kinda fluctuate, meaning there are little openings that allow you to land ftilt, GP, etc. I'm still not sure on how big those openings are, but they seem to be too small for basic human comprehension. That's just an educated guess, though.

Hopefully I'll figure out what's what before I have to fight the next nado-happy MK.
i know for a fact that i've pulled it off with bair before, cuz i remember jumping up and down, screaming in munkus' face after i did it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i lack the internet at home atm so i didn't know that bham was going to h-ville tonight. :-(

oh well. you guys shoudl have did it on saturday that way we could have rolled up there after our tournament.

nice1 if you happen to be in this thread. are you going to the tournament in bham, and if so do you want to team. we have to win some moneys.

about the tornado. MK's most vulnerable at the very top of the tornado. I would that that a timed f-air would work with DK and a well space dair too, but thats just a theory

Sensai

Smash Master
OK guys...I couldn't make it tonight. I'm really sorry. A friend ended up calling and needing a little bit of help, thus rendering me unable to make it until...I dunno.

I'm actually still helping him. :-/

Sorry guys. Saturday?

j00t

Smash Champion
OK guys...I couldn't make it tonight. I'm really sorry. A friend ended up calling and needing a little bit of help, thus rendering me unable to make it until...I dunno.

I'm actually still helping him. :-/

Sorry guys. Saturday?
Sometimes I just don't understand why I love you so much. You betrayed me too many times.

It's over.

nice1

Smash Lord
i lack the internet at home atm so i didn't know that bham was going to h-ville tonight. :-(

oh well. you guys shoudl have did it on saturday that way we could have rolled up there after our tournament.

nice1 if you happen to be in this thread. are you going to the tournament in bham, and if so do you want to team. we have to win some moneys.

about the tornado. MK's most vulnerable at the very top of the tornado. I would that that a timed f-air would work with DK and a well space dair too, but thats just a theory
i'm still in columbus, GA Sorry. I won't be back until the 26 so i won't be able to make it to the tourney. I'll try to make it to the next b-ham tourney in Aug.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I had a blast last night. Thanks again for the ride Rob.
For those who I played and don't remember your names except for Rob, Coach, and Andy. I'm the one that was wearing the red hat with the dragon on it only playing Melee. >-> That's the best that I could identify myself.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
last night was good for me, too, guys;)

DanGR, Pops, and Rigor Mortis: playing Barlw with you guys was hella fun. if we have a smashfest saturday night, y'all had better be there!

Zelda is awesome and i hate your Olimar, DanGR xP

Top Bottom