• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude, if they add l canceling in to a hack and it gets popular to be the main game, i will be peacing out of the competitive scene.
lol
my index fingers are not meant to react that quickly.

but forreal the smash games are just gonna get worse.
why would they need to spend time on one?
they are like multi billionaires.
and obviously dont really care about gamers over the age of 10.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Seriously though, why would anyone want to add L-canceling back into the game.

It's just a stupid barrier of entry for people trying to learn the game.

There is no strategic element to its use at any level of play.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i kind of want to go back to playing snake. i think my success in brawl is based around whether or not im playing a broken character

Handorin

Smash Hero
dude, if they add l canceling in to a hack and it gets popular to be the main game, i will be peacing out of the competitive scene.
lol
my index fingers are not meant to react that quickly.

but forreal the smash games are just gonna get worse.
why would they need to spend time on one?
they are like multi billionaires.
and obviously dont really care about gamers over the age of 10.
Lcancels arent based on reactions, just timing.

Or just play a character that doesn't need it.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hi there.

I'm a TO from Louisiana and I'm hosting a tournament from February 26th - 28th that I'm trying to get some hype for. Its going to have Brawl, Melee, and Brawl+ along with other fighters such as Tekken, Street Fighter, BlazBlue, etc.

Here's the thread for more info:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262295

Please let me know if you can come. It would really be great to some new people.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just watched some clips of japenese professional wrestling.
its amazing.

not really the wrestling, but the insane commentators.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Hi there.

I'm a TO from Louisiana and I'm hosting a tournament from February 26th - 28th that I'm trying to get some hype for. Its going to have Brawl, Melee, and Brawl+ along with other fighters such as Tekken, Street Fighter, BlazBlue, etc.

Please let me know if you can come. It would really be great to some new people.
Hello Curlz and Welcome to the Alabama thread! I would suggest letting Moogle know about this since he updates the OP pretty often with new tourneys. I'm not sure how many bama folk you will find interested in going to LA (many of us Alabamians are allergic to traveling), but the Auburn crew and the Mobile crew are always a possibility.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hello Curlz and Welcome to the Alabama thread! I would suggest letting Moogle know about this since he updates the OP pretty often with new tourneys. I'm not sure how many bama folk you will find interested in going to LA (many of us Alabamians are allergic to traveling), but the Auburn crew and the Mobile crew are always a possibility.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Thanks. I'll send a PM his way. :]

How can I get in touch with Auburn or Mobile. Will they see the post here? I know Reflex has been to a couple of our tournies. It was really good to see him.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Thanks. I'll send a PM his way. :]

How can I get in touch with Auburn or Mobile. Will they see the post here? I know Reflex has been to a couple of our tournies. It was really good to see him.
Rag and nice1 are both down in the mobile area. Reflex and his brother I SEE YOU and their friend Billy all travel a lot so you may want to talk to them.

Winnar

Smash Lord
i just watched some clips of japenese professional wrestling.
its amazing.

not really the wrestling, but the insane combos.
This is how I first read it, I think it's better this way lol

Hi there.

Hi Curlz :D

Munkus pretty much said everything I would say

...what?

Oh.
lmao Duchock this is EXACTLY how I read that

high five!

j00t

Smash Champion
Is anyone here experienced with direct cable modem connections to the internet? I want to setup a direct connection to my computer for potential ping improvements... but beyond physically connecting it I don't know what to do.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Is anyone here experienced with direct cable modem connections to the internet? I want to setup a direct connection to my computer for potential ping improvements... but beyond physically connecting it I don't know what to do.
I did that B4 i set up my router.
As I recall all i did was run through the CD that came with it

The CD's kinda bugged out and failed halfway through but my internet was up and running by then so I didn't care

I've done direct to modem since then and it's worked without any setup or software

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i was trying to say
You guys should check out Neon Indian.

they are pretty tight music and like you guys like electronic stuff i think?
anyways, umm ill give aloha my number in like a week.
or so.

Top Bottom