• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
hey duchock are you cool with those pixel con bros
if so ask them to generate some buzz for my tournament...im about to make a facebook event for it right now
I was just about to get on that. Yes-suh, yes-suh.

Edit: I mean, I'm not really COOL with them, but I know people who know people. Rest assured that the message will be passed along.

j00t

Smash Champion
It'd be cool if I could make the FAP monthly :x
This side tourney wasn't originally planned, but Andy has been poking at me about it for a couple of weeks now. I'll need to make a separate thread for it... it'll be a small one-day tourney around the size of AiOaS... hopefully. :p

j00t

Smash Champion
holy ****ing ****... Square-Enix is remaking Lufia 2 on the DS

I'm gonna get it even though they are gonna **** it up >:D

"Why the hell would anyone want to play the classic turn-based game when YOU CAN MAKE IT AN ACTION RPG AND HAVE COMBOS AND ****"

ugh...

EDIT: Sorry for my excessive use of swearing, but I'm super hyped for this

Winnar

Smash Lord

"Why the hell would anyone want to play the classic turn-based game when YOU CAN MAKE IT AN ACTION RPG AND HAVE COMBOS AND ****"

ugh...

UNACCEPTABRE

lol

G. Vice

Smash Lord

ugh...

WHOA Lufia 2??

Buying it <3

shaSLAM

Smash Lord

ugh...

the mods read EVERYTHING
justice will be served to you in due time. :urg:

j00t

Smash Champion
I have one copy, I saw one at the flea market like 10 years ago and I contemplated buying it so I could have two

That's how good it is.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I have one copy, I saw one at the flea market like 10 years ago and I contemplated buying it so I could have two

That's how good it is.
I made the big mistake of selling my cartridge (rare one with the boxset) for 42 dollars when I was a youngster and thought that was a bunch of money :x

j00t

Smash Champion
that's a steal for Suikoden :D

I had an original copy of GT Final Bout for the PSX... and I sold it for like $150 on EBay. Good times.

But I didn't know they were going for like $500 at the time... *sigh* oh well.

JKHDaBomb

Smash Apprentice
It's cool, man. ;/ I usually don't wear those type of clothes anyway and I had a partial beard as well.

But yeah! That concert was pretty awesome! They told us we could go back and play more Brawl after the concert so I originally sat there just to wait it out. It was a blast though. ;D

I was disappointed at the lack of cosplay chicks though. Dx
Fun playing you at the tourny Dan. Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight with Link, and I suck at picking counter stages, haha. Too bad we couldn't play 64 there at the end, maybe I'll catch you at TCSVII. Anyway fun friendlies, hope we can do it again some time.

moogle

Smash Ace
did any of you play Phantasy Star IV

my favorite RPGS go

1. FF7/Xenogears
2. Phantasy Star 4
Yayuhz Phantasy Star 4. I remember seeing it at a Walmart (or Kmart?) for sale for $100, back in a time where Genesis games were new. I beat it on emulator many years after that. It's pretty awesome.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fun playing you at the tourny Dan. Sorry I couldn't put up a better fight with Link, and I suck at picking counter stages, haha. Too bad we couldn't play 64 there at the end, maybe I'll catch you at TCSVII. Anyway fun friendlies, hope we can do it again some time.
Definitely was a blast, man. Glad I came. :)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
my favorite rpg's go
1. megaman x
2. street fighter

... wait... those arent rpgs... and...i havent really ever finished a RPG forreal... and only have gaming knowledge of about 6 games in the entire world.
it kind of sucks once you realize how much fun video games can be.
and it kind of sucks when i am trying to figure out what you guys are talking about 80% of the time.

j00t

Smash Champion
switching topic to favorite action SNES game GO

mine is The Lost Vikings. my god I had so much fun with that game when I was young...

EDIT: inb4"MegaManX"fromMajist

G. Vice

Smash Lord
did any of you play Phantasy Star IV

my favorite RPGS go

1. FF7/Xenogears
2. Phantasy Star 4
I liked Phantasy Star 4 yeah, but I still think that I loved Phantasy Star 1 for the Master System better. <3 me some Alis and Myau.

I pulled a Moogle and Emulated that suckah though =p

also j00t, I gotta say it was probably Terranigma for me on the SNES. I didn't play just a whole lot of action RPG's though.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I think the first RPG I ever really played was a Phantasy Star game.

I was so confused!

I was trying to deliver the Gold Mail to a guy. Trying to interact with mailboxes and get that stuff delivered.

Lufia II was good, but hardly the best SNES RPG. Ogre Battle, Chrono Trigger, and Super Mario RPG beat it out.

j00t

Smash Champion
An old friend of mine was crazy about Terranigma, but I never played it. I watched him play it and it looked alright.

@munkus: Alright fine, Lufia 2 was my favorite RPG for the SNES. There were better ones in terms of battle systems/etc., but the characters in Lufia 2 always caught my attention over the characters of other games.

j00t

Smash Champion
There's an English version of Terranigma.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm wrong. Hmm. I could of sworn my friend had a copy. I wouldn't of known about the game otherwise.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
SNES Game?
SuperMetroidSuperMetroidSuperMetriodSuperMetriodSuperMetroidSuperMetroidSuperMetriodSuperMetriodSuperMetroidSuperMetroidSuperMetriodSuperMetriodSuperMetroidSuperMetroidSuperMetriodSuperMetriodSuperMetroidSuperMetroidSuperMetriodSuperMetriodSuperMetroidSuperMetroidSuperMetriodSuperMetriodSuperMetroidSuperMetroidSuperMetriodSuperMetriod

Mario RPG?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
An old friend of mine was crazy about Terranigma, but I never played it. I watched him play it and it looked alright.

@munkus: Alright fine, Lufia 2 was my favorite RPG for the SNES. There were better ones in terms of battle systems/etc., but the characters in Lufia 2 always caught my attention over the characters of other games.
The characters in Ogre Battle blow everything else out of the water and then shoot them in the throat.

Top Bottom