• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
god i hate this game
its just like people are just better than me period and no matter how smart i play they still just win

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Madison finally came out with a crew combo vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5JeGCAGVwk
xD this is some pretty cool stuff Cam! This may be the motivation we need to liven up our community. :/ heck I want to make a combo video with Birmingham now.

Is that Dan our DanGR? :D Does this mean he'll make an epic return?

Loved the captain falcon **** in there too, ftw.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
xD this is some pretty cool stuff Cam! This may be the motivation we need to liven up our community. :/ heck I want to make a combo video with Birmingham now.

Is that Dan our DanGR? :D Does this mean he'll make an epic return?

Loved the captain falcon **** in there too, ftw.
Dan = DanGR

I don't think he plans on going to any more tournaments. I myself don't plan on going to tournaments outside of the Auburn one from now on.

Yeah, you should make one for Bham.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
blah xD you guys should come out and play if we ever get another tournament in this state. lol

I mean I haven't seen any of you from the Madison crew in foooreeeevvveeerrrr.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Most of us just don't care about tournaments anymore. The only one who still does is Ingulit, our resident Diddy main. Personally, tournaments drain my money, and I usually don't find them that enjoyable. I prefer large smashfests to tournaments. You guys are welcome to come up for a smashfest in Madison.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ah don't say that. The ones in Auburn were enjoyable, and for Zero's "Glorified Smashfests" for the most part they were a lot of fun too.

Eating a lot of money...yeah but entertainment in general costs money. (b' ')b

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The ones in Auburn weren't really that fun to me either. I just went because my crew was going. It's too much standing around and doing nothing for my taste. Makes me feel like I'm in Chem lab or something XD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Lies~

Next Auburn tournament we'll find a way to make it even more enjoyable for those who thought it was boring.

lol I'm saying this and have no say or do so in that area.

I'm going to wifi it up for a few days to try and develop some sort of feel for the game again. I'm not wanting to come back to bham just to get 3 stocked and quit.

Oye and Cam, my regards to Pope and Spade and the rest of the crew for improving I want to see actual results in Auburn.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Lies~

Next Auburn tournament we'll find a way to make it even more enjoyable for those who thought it was boring.

lol I'm saying this and have no say or do so in that area.

I'm going to wifi it up for a few days to try and develop some sort of feel for the game again. I'm not wanting to come back to bham just to get 3 stocked and quit.

Oye and Cam, my regards to Pope and Spade and the rest of the crew for improving I want to see actual results in Auburn.
They probably aren't going to the next one. They don't live in Auburn.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i still run into ike upsmash and
so much
stupid ****

why i am so dumb god

yeah it was wifi rage earlier.
now i am just reflecting on how much i actually suck at this game.

people think telling you that you are good is gonna help you become a better player or something or give you confidence or some weird ****, but really id rather be told i suck because i obv do if im still losing.
and like once i know i suck i can be like ok **** this playstyle or just honestly **** everything about what im doing and regroup and rethink everything.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ah that sucks Cam. We just lost like our biggest tournament venue lol.

lol Slam I hate it when people say I'm good. xD Especially after seeing how much further behind I am compared to Kadaj.

I still do dumb things too, my aggressive game still sucks and I lose to players that actually take a second to stop and think about what they're doing. ;P I'm just going to have to stop playing decent players and only play good people. Perhaps after losing constantly I'll learn that I need to work on reading my opponents better.

btw japanese Olimar beats top metaknight in the country.
Discuss

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I don't tell anyone there good unless there good. Slam don't worry about ****ty ike smashes in wifi. Ike sucks and needs to get over his small **** and get a regular sized sword.

IF somone holds a smashfest around noon i might try to make it

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is overpowered and people don't play Meta Knight in Japan (for a reason).

Edit: lol grape crush

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i dont really think mk is near as good as anyone says.
lol
id like to see snake on top and mk like number 3 or 4 to falco or diddy or ic's in any order.

thats strecthing it a little.

but honestly

how long have i been telling you guys that ic's rock *******?
then elev8 goes and starts maining them like i wanted someone to and
he winnin al da time

lol

nah really im not gonna take credit for that.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I never said ICs were bad.

Slam I had the same idea about MK before Kadaj wrecked me. :/ MK is scary when used right.

Aznseal

Smash Apprentice
So i move into Auburn on the 14th and i need to find a new melee double partner. Is there anyone close to or at Auburn that wouldn't mind training with me to be my training partner?

I can use Marth, Falco, Fox, Sheik, or Jiggz for doubles.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I'm not a huge fan of the SRK forums, but there are a few community members that really go the extra mile for that site, though.

Smash tonight?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh and Jason if you're still wanting to go to that convention in GA in September I've got a bit more news on it.

Starts on the 17th, the people I'm going with aren't leaving until Sunday. xD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
metaknight is just a character that you can't make any mistakes again, because he punishes so easily and so harshly for each mistake.
other than that, he's just another character and once you learn what he does he's not much harder than any other character.
the main reason he's undoubtedly the best character is because his recovery is brokenly awesome imo

i never thought snake was that good. but you ever notice how everyone thinks the character they play is overrated? haha

except olimar
for me.
i think i may just consider olimar the janitor-counter. cuz its not even like i dont know his strategy or his moves. but its like his ****ing hitboxes and animations even throw me off. an olimar can just run up to me and grab me even if I know for a fact that's what he's going to do because I can't see his ****ing pikmin coming towards me until they've already grabbed me. and its basically the same for all his moves. its just all of a sudden i've been upsmashed. or all of a sudden i've been faired. there's too much **** going on with this character and all his moves are disjointed. i can't deal with that ****.

if olimar didn't have the purple pikmin i could probably get by with snake and just rage on him. but the purple one knocks me down. so I can't ever really get close to him unless i get lucky.

but slam. i had to make that adjustment. like its kind of a progression.
when i first started playign snake and beating people. I got by by simple waiting for people to make mistakes and punishing them. but then people like george and will and moogle stepped up their game and they stopped making glaring mistakes, so I'd get owned. but will kind of showed me that you got to learn when to be aggressive and control the match and not just sitting around waiting. so i would still look to punish mistakes, while also trying to keep the oppoenent on their toes and try to pressure em the whole time. but that led me to become vulnerable to more patient players like george who wouldn't allow themselves to be pressured, kind of like in movies where theres like the patient kung fu master who is fighting some over agressive guy who's throwing rapid fire attacks, but he's calmly blocking and retaliating each attack. so i have to figure out how to camp while pressuring the opponent in a smart way that won't get me punished.

thats what this game is. it's not about beating the **** out of your opponent, its about camping and pressuring and punishing.
unless youre olimar against me, then you can just press the c-stick whereever I happen to be standing and you'll probably beat me.

ic's are ********. and they make me not want to play brawl. luckily not many people play them. but like if i ever have to fight elev8 in tournametn i'll probably just forfeit.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol janitor posts so much about barqwl but cuh,

cuh,

foreal listen at me

u don kno wutz up nemore cuz u dont really play

and niga dun went and changed **** up

brawl is legit as ****

and niga s aint da same niga u had though t they were.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i won a wifi tournament today
there were 42 entrants

if only this counted somehow..

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
ic's are ********. and they make me not want to play brawl. luckily not many people play them. but like if i ever have to fight elev8 in tournametn i'll probably just forfeit.
I could always go d3 if it will keep you interested in playing ;) and you have to think about who you play! if snake keeps out a grenade, it is pretty tough for ics to do what they want.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Paranormal Activity has some of the worst writing in the history of movies. I mean the characters are so stupid. The whole movie just slowly builds up to the climax, and at the end, who cares? The movie isn't even really fweaky. Like if you've seen Poltergeist, you won't be surprised by Paranormal Activity.

Horror is such a bad film genre. Like half the genre is full of people who've realized it's pretty much impossible to make a good horror movie and instead decide to make them comedies. The other half try and fail. Occasionally a movie like The Shining will come around, though.

Top Bottom