• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
Are you surprised that Reflex beat Moogle? He's pretty pro. But Moogle's getting better, you should of heard what Reflex has done to Moogle in the past :p

Majist

Smash Journeyman
^^^looks like moogle's going to explain some things to me tonight as he rocks my face:ouch:

and yeah, i was kinda surprised to hear reflex won, but i haven't seen him play enough to know his true potential. when i saw him playing, it was either friendlies or the low tier tourney, so i didn't get to see him fight the "serious" characters :/

edit: jwt, are you sure you don't wanna come? :(

j00t

Smash Champion
^^^looks like moogle's going to explain some things to me tonight as he rocks my face:ouch:

and yeah, i was kinda surprised to hear reflex won, but i haven't seen him play enough to know his true potential. when i saw him playing, it was either friendlies or the low tier tourney, so i didn't get to see him fight the "serious" characters :/

edit: jwt, are you sure you don't wanna come? :(
I've already driven home from Huntsville. Don't wanna go all the way back. Of course, if someone comes to pick me up... :ness::ness::ness::ness:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
reflex almost always places top 10 or at least top 15 in mid-south tournaments.

with bowser.

moogle's recent tournament results are lower than they could be though I think.
moogle's gonna win one of these ****s one day :-P

remember when you beat iori in pools at g4s4, moogle? just do that to everyone next time :-D

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Well of course, there are two of them. That's one more than the rest. And that's unfair.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
haha marth is such a fun character, i wish i could play him...like right now. i could teach myself but i am lazy. janitor, i watched that match where the marth like grabbed him from across the stage, that was just amazing ahaha. i bet sonic's grab will be just like that <--(plans to main sonic) ;)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
moogle can teach you how to play marth. he taught me a lot of stuff :-D

btw guys i think i'm going to Pound 3.
that's going to be total awesomeness.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
So, currently I have two very busy weeks ahead of me, but after those I'm on break. I finish the semester up here on the 14th. Since I'll be driving down, I figured I would take this opportunity to visit some Tennessee folks I hadn't seen in a while. So, here's my initial plan.

14th: Turn in last of my final papers, drive down to Memphis.
15th: Smash in Memphis with whoever's around.
16th: Drive to Smyrna, Smash with TWIPL.
17th: Go to Nashville to visit Vanderbilt people, with a small chance at Smash perhaps in the wee hours of the morning.
18th: Maybe hanging out in Nashville still, maybe driving down to Huntsville.
19th: Either driving to Huntsville or home to Hoover.

Not a bad plan I'd say. Expect Waffle House visits on most of these days as well.
I've posted this in the Tennessee thread, but it also affects you guys. Thoughts?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
our break starts on the 14th as well.

i will be in birmingham all those days. so if you want to swing by to pick me up at any time i will be there.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
our break starts on the 14th as well.

i will be in birmingham all those days. so if you want to swing by to pick me up at any time i will be there.
Well, that wouldn't really make much sense at any point in the trip. When I get to Hoover, I'm done driving.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I've posted this in the Tennessee thread, but it also affects you guys. Thoughts?
duuude. waffle house. i know that if you do come into huntsville me and munkus will go to waffle house with you at ANY point in the day/night. that would be like sex with cheese. you need to smash with us anyway.

i say you drive to huntsville on the 18th and leave for hoover the following day.
now go.:grin:

@munkus: lolz. can't wait for you to get back dude.

smash was cool last night. i didn't play very well at all, but i still had fun. rob, it was just one of them days, brah:ohwell: we'll get 'em next time

on another note: D A M N that b@stard Sakurai!!!! the 'X' music post? ****!!!! the second i saw it i about peed myself cuz i thought he was referring to Megaman X, but no!!! some stupid ****ing japan-only game boy game!! ****! he's TOYING WITH ME!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

mslano

Smash Journeyman
The timing on when I leave Nashville for Huntsville depends largely on how my visits go in Nashville. There's a lot of people there I'd like to see, so I might need the extra day in order to spend adequate time with said people.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
you should open a thread and get all of said ppl to meet up together in one place! for you! for justice!
That would be useful if these people were Smashers. To be fair, most of them would likely be in the same place on campus, but I may just stay there longer to spend more time with a select few.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
If you come to Huntsville and if people wanna smash in my hood, I play Smash in 480p and there is a Waffle House within walking distance of my apartment. Scattered, smothered, diced, capped, and covered, my hashbrowns are.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
If you come to Huntsville and if people wanna smash in my hood, I play Smash in 480p and there is a Waffle House within walking distance of my apartment. Scattered, smothered, diced, capped, and covered, my hashbrowns are.
yup. i really think that is the best waffle house in town. no joke.

moogle, if it's not too much trouble, i want all those images you have. could you email them to me, perchance? i'll pm you my address. i'm just too lazy to try to find all of the good ones.

i was working this morning and i started thinking about some of those pictures we were looking at and got tickled. i couldn't stop laughing for like five straight minutes. 4chan ftw:laugh:

j00t

Smash Champion
Rob, how much is it a month to live at that apartment you live at? I'm interested in getting an apartment near campus. Ashford Terrace is really just the best place I can imagine, but if they don't have anything for me then i'll look into other places.

Anyone wanna room up with me? :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
oh i read your post wrong.
well maybe i can come over sometime when you arrive in hoover.
i probably dont have any way to get to huntsville

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Rob, how much is it a month to live at that apartment you live at? I'm interested in getting an apartment near campus. Ashford Terrace is really just the best place I can imagine, but if they don't have anything for me then i'll look into other places.

Anyone wanna room up with me? :p
I pay $464 per month for a 1 bedroom apartment. And water/sewer isn't billed on my utilities (which saves money) . I don't know rates for the 2 bedroom flats or for the cottages, but I have the office phone number if you want to make the inquiry. It's not as close to campus, but it is a great value for that area. Ashford Terrace is nice, but if that doesn't fit your needs, Colonial Village is pretty baller too. Happy hunting.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah. You guys beat me to it. I wanted to do the whole Robot Chicken Smash thing.

OFF TOPIC: Does anyone here have Team Fortress 2? I'd love to play with one of you guys.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Ah. You guys beat me to it. I wanted to do the whole Robot Chicken Smash thing.

OFF TOPIC: Does anyone here have Team Fortress 2? I'd love to play with one of you guys.
do you play it on the PC or 360? I've thought about getting Orange Box but I'm not a huge shooter fan. Then again, that new Turok is lookin' pretty baller.

67 days 'til Brawl. 46 more updates (if they continue). I think we'll get two returning character updates and then nothing major until the game releases.

I wanna Smash tonight. How are those finals going guys?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@ Sensai - I do have the Orange Box but only for the 360. If you have it for 360 then you can add my XBL Tag.

Also yea i know we never play'd Mario Strikers at all but dont worry about it now cause i traded it in while it was still worth something. I guess that game was only fun to me when i had a friend playing online with me.

j00t

Smash Champion
Finals are going good so far. I think I passed my CS test atleast..... i'm pretty confident.

Got an Economics final today then a Cal A final tomorrow, then I'M FREEEEEE!

Also, I'm up for smash... but not today. Tomorrow night? :p

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm talking about it for the PC.

@ Rob: you should get it. The Orange Box (specifically Portal and TF2) are amazingly great games.

coach

Smash Apprentice
yeah you *****, you never gave me your info for tf2. talk to me on aim if you want it though ><.

Axisflux

Smash Rookie
Anyone attending AU and/or currently in City of Auburn?

It's namely out of curiosity.

Note, I'll check the thread after I post this.

And for relevance (for posting in the first place), I'm in Auburn.

I suck at Smash--but I relish the day I get to practice with someone on general community terms. But, I've "read the book" so to speak (L-Cancel, CC, DI, JC, mindgames, what does and doesn't matter, etc.).

Captain Falcon/Low Tier

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
palmer is in auburn i believe, reflex is near auburn, and a host of GA smashers are as well. you should hit up the GA threads as well

Jx31

Smash Ace
Anyone attending AU and/or currently in City of Auburn?

It's namely out of curiosity.

Note, I'll check the thread after I post this.

And for relevance (for posting in the first place), I'm in Auburn.

I suck at Smash--but I relish the day I get to practice with someone on general community terms. But, I've "read the book" so to speak (L-Cancel, CC, DI, JC, mindgames, what does and doesn't matter, etc.).

Captain Falcon/Low Tier
One of CDE's own, Tsunami, attends AU. He has a smashboard account so you would want to pm him.

Top Bottom