• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
looking at today's update, i think i'm gonna try to stick to playing with people on my smash friends list.

no settings?

they're gonna have us playin timed battles with items on...i know theres a vote for items but i'm sure the odds of finding another competitive player would be pretty low. i plan to play with items initially of course, but eventually i think competitively they will need to be off

and i'd like to know who i'm playing against in case I battle someone i might want to play with again

and lolz at sakurai thinking we won't be able to tell whether the cpu has taken over

Sensai

Smash Master
Question: when the hell did Sakurai move the updates up a half hour? I've been waiting til 2ish for forever...*******.

@ Coach, I sent you my info.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
sorry i couldn't smash with ya rob, my finals went great. except for the precal one, but my teacher sucks. I am free also!! woot forget you school work!, now for work work zzzz stupid mcdonalds. lol

oh and rob we figured out what was wrong with my program. i was setting up the statements incorrectly, trying to embed to many "if"'s that didn't need to be. i got it working and got a 100 ^^

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Finals are going good so far. I think I passed my CS test atleast..... i'm pretty confident.

Got an Economics final today then a Cal A final tomorrow, then I'M FREEEEEE!

Also, I'm up for smash... but not today. Tomorrow night? :p
i have a cal test today, too. i would love to celebrate our freedom with endless smashing, but tomorrow would be a better day for me. tonight is my four-year anniversary with my girlfriend, so ..... no smash tonight for me.

congratulate me!!!!:laugh: make me feel like it's worth it!!

edit: btw, i've watched that Smash Kingdom on newgrounds like three more times, lawl
looking at today's update, i think i'm gonna try to stick to playing with people on my smash friends list.

no settings?

they're gonna have us playin timed battles with items on...i know theres a vote for items but i'm sure the odds of finding another competitive player would be pretty low. i plan to play with items initially of course, but eventually i think competitively they will need to be off

and i'd like to know who i'm playing against in case I battle someone i might want to play with again

and lolz at sakurai thinking we won't be able to tell whether the cpu has taken over
i completely agree with everything you just said:grin:

yet another edit: will i'm sorry i didn't answer your call earlier. i would give you an excuse but i don't feel like making one up right now. are you coming this weekend or next? i can't remember D:

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice

no settings?

You know, I'm sure that after a few years, the majority of the smashers found online will be the hardcore... after the initial popularity wanes. Then again, I'd love to see the series attract some new blood which, unfortunately, is hard to imagine considering the game's core demographic (established Nintendo fans).

What if a friend hosts a game and the other two smashers aren't on my friends list? Nintendo seems to be big on two-way handshakes before establishing contacts. Hopefully, they'll Do The Right Thing, like Spike Lee.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
/bump :grin:

got your pm moogle. no worries. i'll see you on tuesday or even tomorrow if ppl are up for it (looks at jwt, rob, saint & coach)

finals are DONE! calculus sucked hard. :urg: i feel a summer class coming on:cry:

j00t

Smash Champion
"We love math". That was the motto of our class, and i'm dead serious. On another note, I feel around a B+ heading my way.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
/bump :grin:

got your pm moogle. no worries. i'll see you on tuesday or even tomorrow if ppl are up for it (looks at jwt, rob, saint & coach)

finals are DONE! calculus sucked hard. :urg: i feel a summer class coming on:cry:
anytime i am free i'll know to give you a call, however i work every day till tuesday, so i can't wait to smash all night. my falco looks like lambchops verse computers (over exagerating alittle :p) but i can't predict people's moves like i can comps...dur lol. where do you live exactly again?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
anytime i am free i'll know to give you a call, however i work every day till tuesday, so i can't wait to smash all night. my falco looks like lambchops verse computers (over exagerating alittle :p) but i can't predict people's moves like i can comps...dur lol. where do you live exactly again?
south huntsville. but we always smash at moogle's. well, i take that back, we smash at rob's too. i would be willing to host as well. :ohwell: wherever we end up, we need to smash today!!!
Yeah, we should Smash today. Or else i'll be incredibly bored.
same here. we should set something up. i'm definitely in a smashing mood. we're finally free of college:bigthumbu ....for the time being:ouch:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Anomaly, Janitor, if ya'll want to come by my place around 8 we can smash for an hour or two. Post something here if you're interested!

And I will totally be spending the rest of my hours writing 15 pages of ****. Ugh. Just want a B in this class.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Guess how much I have written in the 20 page paper I have due tomorrow.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Same as me!

None!
High five!

Anomaly: directions are simple. I live on the corner of hackberry and university. There's an episcopal church there called Canterbury Chapel. I live in the house next to it called murray house (there is a sign on the building). Just give me a call when you arrive and I'll let you in.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
maaaaan will, i'm waiting in anticipation for sin to make his submission. i'm thinking about joining war for arcadia....

i need to start drawing again

sorry for spam :ohwell:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
You can, but understand that there are a lot of people there who will destroy your artistically, but a lot are on an easier level. I've known spex for about as long as I've known you, and the bugger has been relentlessly practicing his art since the day I knew him. But if you really want to hop in, there are a lot of people you could go toe to toe with. Just practice on your figures, direction, and writing.

If you gents want to know what we're talking about, stop on by http://paacbattle.joncairns.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=328&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

Go team munkus!

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
If Kevin's busy, lets just do it later this week. I'll study tonight, so I won't have to later and we can all play. How about Tuesday or Wednesday?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
well, will, since you're not going to be here until wednesday/thursday and i'm not going to have ANYTHING to do until then, i think i'm actually going to practice smash on my own timeO.o

impossible, you may think? nay, 'tis true. i'm gettin ready for ya, bro. and brandon too. we need to make things the way they used to be: when you and i would be at such a higher level than brandon that we ignored him for a couple of stocks, then after one of us killed the other, swiftly made minced meat out of him.:laugh:

aaaah, sandbagging. so degrading. those were the DAYS, man.

oh yeah, bonsly, whee.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
well, will, since you're not going to be here until wednesday/thursday and i'm not going to have ANYTHING to do until then, i think i'm actually going to practice smash on my own timeO.o

oh yeah, bonsly, whee.
Wanna get in a game or two tonight?

Bonslys look awesome. I aspire to cape them left and right.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
sounds good to me. i'll call rob again and then call andy, unless you already did, jwt...?

two smash days in a row would be glorious

edit: okay it looks like a smash gathering is not gonna happen. rob and i both have other plans tonight so it wouldn't really be worth it for jwt to drive all the way down here cuz we won't stay more than an hour to an hour and a half.... we'll just gather tomorrow.

j00t

Smash Champion
I called moogle, and he's down for Smash. I asked him to call Eric, and i'm just waiting on you to get in touch with Rob.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I wouldn't mind playing a little, but I don't have much reason to head downtown lately since I'm done with my finals.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I called moogle, and he's down for Smash. I asked him to call Eric, and i'm just waiting on you to get in touch with Rob.
Monday Smashfest wasn't meant to be. Sorry 'bout that. I will be there tonight, however, assuming things go as they usually do on Tuesdays.

Top Bottom