• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Slam, for whatever reason, you only want to antagonize this community instead of being a part of it. You seem intent on trying to push people around or piss people off, and I'm not going to waste any more of my time on you.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
thats not the point and thats not what im trying to accomplish. i just want someone to listen to me and not be like "lolpics or it didnt happen" (hypothetically referencing to smash)

also i like being a part of it but you guys arent my favorite people in the world, and i do wish to be part of the GA smash community moreso than the AL one, i will say that much. it'd a much better fit for me, i'd say.

maybe youre intimidated by me or think im pushing people around (wouldnt be that far of a stretch of the imagination, and maybe i am) but thats not what i like to do, i like for people to grow balls and push me back or correct me instead of being like "pssh who is this guy with bad manners?"

i by no means want to make people live in fear of me or make people uncomfortable. but my mannerisms on here do and i mean, its only understanable that they do, but bullying is not my intention it is basically just me wanting people to step up and respond to what im actually saying and so other stuff i guess like that.

also im just saying how i feel. idk. lol. i dont like holding back for people and i dont like it when they hold back for me. its how i learn when people give it to me dry and straight up. and its what i like. so i guess i do that to others. but almost like no one else ever likes to be talked to like that. BUT I DO. i promise,

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Brawl TOs need to make an effort to locate good commentators. Good commentary makes videos a million times more fun to watch, and I honestly think this is a big reason why the FGC has so much hype around it.

i am always at the edge of my seat when I watch SF4 matches, and lets face it, that game is basically moving back and forth, turtling, spamming ****, and landing like 4 hit combos. it's not THAT active a game. so I don't buy the "brawl is just boring" idea that may arise.
like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWp_S_ZeiE

this is a campy *** match that almost went to time, but its still hype based almost solely on the commentary. we need more of that.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Brawl TOs need to make an effort to locate good commentators. Good commentary makes videos a million times more fun to watch, and I honestly think this is a big reason why the FGC has so much hype around it.

i am always at the edge of my seat when I watch SF4 matches, and lets face it, that game is basically moving back and forth, turtling, spamming ****, and landing like 4 hit combos. it's not THAT active a game. so I don't buy the "brawl is just boring" idea that may arise.
like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWp_S_ZeiE

this is a campy *** match that almost went to time, but its still hype based almost solely on the commentary. we need more of that.
It takes a special kind of person, that's for sure. I, for one, am pretty terrible at it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
id like to try it some day, but i doubt i'd be very good either lol mainly because i rarely know whats going on for real
edit actually now that i think of it it might help me learn about the game

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'd be more than willing to commentate. I did it once at a KOKingpin brawl+ apartment deal, which is hardly comparable to the stuff we do, but it was kinda fun and I'd like to think I know enough about the game to where I can call stuff like I sees it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
also commentary should always be two people if possible just to prevent silence and so tehy can feed off each others.. i can understand why it might be limited by the technology involved tho

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ive always wanted to commentate.

ive seen a few videos that f1ction commentated and i learned alot and was actually really really impressed by his commentary. so i know he is rlly good at it.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Ok... but for the third time, it's difficult to invite you without some contact info.
lol, chiiiiiil broskie. I've been mad busy. Part-time job, been out of state and my gf came to visit me,
which made me happy. ;)

i'd drop my info to you asap. i still wanna meet & play u guys, besides, i need some offline practice.

@Slam: Yeah i wifi, let's play sometime. hit me up on aib or here. xD

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
second match mainly because you ran into a fully charged upsmash and died at like 70 percent lol

third match mainly because you became predictable with your rising fair as you were coming back to the stage. he began reading it and took two of your stocks by punishing it. and its Ike. one hit of his equals like 25 hits of yours.

also don't help Ike back to the stage by PK thundering his recovery lol maybe you didnt know that would happen but you did it a couple times.

im actually surprised at your patience and combos tho. i didnt realize you still knew how to barlw

side note: I have sf X tekken.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Could someone please tell me how/why I lost this set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voN1v2brpro

I am disappoint.
You rolled towards Ike's front twice. Rolling behind someone is a bad habit or rare mixup depending on what character you're playing, rolling to someone's front side is just bad as far as I know. That's on my list of things I take note of and take special note not to do again whenever it pops up in my play.

In general you seemed way too aggressive. I see no reason you need to approach Ike when you have stock lead.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
sf x tekken is pretty sweet, but i'm pretty sure its going to be like marvel where I'm trying to learn little tricky set ups when really what I should be learning its how to take half a bar with one combo

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think more people are going to assume that SFxT is more complicated than it acutually is, and they are going to be trying to find infinit loops and do all that tricky marvel stuff but you gotta remember the part that says

CROSS TEKKEN

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
infinites have already been found and capcom is already preparing to patch them out lol

the game is pretty complicated but there are lot of techs that are probably rarely or never going to be used in tournaments like pandora, cross arts, and cross assault

it has a lot of what is missing from marvel that defines street fighter games like links, footsies, deep wakeup mixups, and pokes and all that ****. but also there are character combinations that can take 50-75% of a lifebar after hit confirming a jab lol sooo i dunno

Aloha

Smash Cadet
i think more people are going to assume that SFxT is more complicated than it acutually is, and they are going to be trying to find infinit loops and do all that tricky marvel stuff but you gotta remember the part that says

CROSS TEKKEN
well not if desk has something to say about it he did a 99 hit combo GOD-Like!

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
infinites have already been found and capcom is already preparing to patch them out lol

the game is pretty complicated but there are lot of techs that are probably rarely or never going to be used in tournaments like pandora, cross arts, and cross assault

it has a lot of what is missing from marvel that defines street fighter games like links, footsies, deep wakeup mixups, and pokes and all that ****. but also there are character combinations that can take 50-75% of a lifebar after hit confirming a jab lol sooo i dunno
what infinites have been found? and what character combinations that take 50-75 percent of the health bar? what ive been typically seeing and experiancing is about 25 percent for a pretty soild exploit. and you always hit confirm after character combinations, idk what youre talking about could you explain?
but yeah, i think its a great fighting game. and also i think people just kind of ignore pandora stance, cross arts, etc etc. supposedly alot of stuff that is preset into there is going to be tweeked for tournaments. from what ive heard gems are gonna be banned in tournament play. guess im just drawn to games that have to be tweeked to be playable :urg:
well not if desk has something to say about it he did a 99 hit combo GOD-Like!
lmao oh yeah i remember seeing this now. didnt he hack it or something though to do that? anyways lmao i was laughing my *** off at it though, i was like "no... not already..."

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxn2mAecUd0 this isn't even a tag combo lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=9AbMEzR3oj4 does 805 without gems almost enough to kill Akuma in one combo
there's tons of ridiculous combos available tbh

yeah gems might have to be banned im not sure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxRl0ydK8l8 at 8:56 in this vid, hugo does a METERLESS combo that takes about 60% lol i haven't really ****ed with the gems much so I dont know their effect, but i assume the gem had something to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jq560CCa8k most of these start with a simple jump in to lightpunch/kick and aren't even that hard to do.

and obviously these 1000 dmg combos on youtube aren't being used in matches right now, but the fact that they're even possible, makes me think that's what the game will turn into once everyone masters execution.

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHLv6uqnYgw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG2wvzyypvU

Im saying you can Jump in and stand and link jabs and confirm the hit and then lead into a pretty sick combo with most characters.

i'm running Xiaoyu and Abel right now, mainly just because I mained xiao in tekken3 and I mained abel ins sf4 lol their synergy isn't terrible, but i'm sure there are better options.

i have this thing where I have to play characters that look cool and stylish to me lol no matter how good other characters might be. its one of hte reasons why I dont play lucas or sonic or olimar because they look and play dumb. even metaknight is like that to me kinda

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dont have time to reply to the real information in your posts but just dropping by to say that i run a King Humurang (really never know how to spell his name) team. its prety damn sick and ive seen other people use it too :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That is awful.

I didn't know the game had so many issues. Jab -> Short xN as Pac-Man? ********.

Top Bottom