• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i've managed to keep myself from watching any subspace emissary videos, i want the entire thing to be a surprise when I play through it :-D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you know what guys, i finally have added DK, Ness, and Kirby to my repertoire in Melee. they are characters I don't mind playing, although I doubt i'd ever pull them out in tourneys. unless its a scrub tourney

that leaves only Yoshi

*shudders*

Midguy

Smash Cadet
you know what guys, i finally have added DK, Ness, and Kirby to my repertoire in Melee. they are characters I don't mind playing, although I doubt i'd ever pull them out in tourneys. unless its a scrub tourney

that leaves only Yoshi

*shudders*
Don't hate on Yoshi. He's my second best character (but that's not really saying too much, I suppose).

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
Someone should add me to the Huntsville area. I R slow.

Main: Boozer
Secondary: G&W/Ness

I also have a copy of Brawl and a 110 inch Screen to play it on. DLP projector. :D Any Takers?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i've managed to keep myself from watching any subspace emissary videos, i want the entire thing to be a surprise when I play through it :-D
:X i'm sorry dude!! i didn't think about that. i should have let you guys know what it was. i hope i didn't ruin it for you.

I also have a copy of Brawl and a 110 inch Screen to play it on. DLP projector. :D Any Takers?
HELLO MY NEW BEST FRIEND, I'M MAJIST!!!!! :grin:

but seriously, welcome. good to see another huntsvillian. are you in college here? UAH perhaps?

moogle

Smash Ace
Indeed. I know that I wont be going to class Monday. Moogle I almost forgot send me your friend code.
Once I figure out what that is, I'll let you know. :x I haven't used my Wii in a while.

Consider yourself added. And... 110 inches is a lot of inches.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys now is the time i am finally able to play with you guys and seeing as how my partner moved to TN it will be online matches alot ( im talking about Scrappy ). Moogle and Coach knew him, anyways we plan on playing this game alot and i do mean alot... so im looking at you moogle and coach to play with to get some great practice going in some custom matches. I plan on playing with everyone else in equal shares too XD. Moogle you already have my Wii number so yea...

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
for tuscaloosa peoples and everyone interested

contrary to gamestop's website, BOTH tuscaloosa locations are having midnight releases of Brawl, and i have confirmed that BOTH are having tournaments.

Midtown Village's tournament starts at 9:30 tonight
University Mall's starts at 2:00 PM Sunday Afternoon

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I plan on going to both, regardless. I hope to win in midtown, and if I do, I'll play at the mall and drop out if I go against someone I know :D

I'm not going to be trying to spread the word too much. I'm still hoping most people go to the mall tonight.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I got cheesed in the finals of my tourney. I'll be headed to the other one lat today.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Hai guys, update your profiles. there is a slot for your brawl friend code. enter it. do it.

Oh, and as far as the tournament goes, JWT and I were disqualified during registration because some of the folks in line complained that they had heard that certain people had already played Brawl and were therefore at an unfair advantage. I don't know why JWT and I were singled out, since I didn't say ANYTHING about the tournament while I was there.

The tourney itself was poorly executed at our location anyway. All but the current players had to stand outside in the cold. Not fun. Oh, and 1 min. 1v1s using the Wiimote/Nunchuck isn't exactly an enticing proposition to begin with.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I'd rather just use the wii friend code, more slots.

And that's ********, Rob. They can't DQ you for that. That sucks :\

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Has anyone tried playing online? I can't connect to anyone when I try to brawl with random people. One of you mind trying to do a friends match with me to see it that will work?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
so I lost in the DK stage after I did an up-throw...and I hit a spike during MY OWN UP THROW

WOW

GG MUNKUS

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
me and munkus both mad final 8 but i couldn't get used to that ****ing nunchuck. particularly the shield button, took many attacks i shouldn't have.

Ness is dope on this game guys.

so my characters are looking like: Diddy, Wario, Fox, Ness, Peach
diddy my best so far

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Janitor, you wanna smash around say, 8?
thats cool. but unless you come here, i'll need a ride to wherever we go.

okay moogle, whenever you update the listings with the Brawl stuff. put me down as maining Diddy and Fox for now.

i'm feeling most of the characters tho, and will probably learn them all.

Ironically the only two characters that I've played so far that i DON'T like are Snake and Sonic.

i've a bunch more to unlock though.

Sensai

Smash Master
I am adding quite a few people...Rob, Munkus, George. You guys should add me back.

And at the new UAHer: is there any off chance you played with a goofy, huge curly haired kid the other day?

[Edit:]

Moogle, added you too.

Is anyone else REALLY hating this whole 5 character max when entering a name thing?

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Ill add everyone on here as quickly as possible. XD

Any time im on i will be more than happy to play.

Also its seems like the people ive goten used to so far are - R.O.B, Lucario, and Dedede on occasions. I havent tried everyone just yet but im really liking ROB a whole alot.

Yea moogle go ahead and put those characters down in that order if you dont mind - ROB, Lucario, and Dedede.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I assume that was you Rob that joined in and was playing Lucas/Mario tonight. Good games!

As for everyone else, I've got two of my taunts figured out.

Screw the rules!
I've got money!

Sensai

Smash Master
Tarnish, I'll add you in a bit.

My taunts are as follows:

I win.
You died.
Why?!?!
Nooooo!

I'm so original.

[Edit:]

Also, since all the cool kids are doing it, I suppose I'll give out who I'm thinkin' about playing. Right now it looks to be Metaknight/Ike...although I haven't even unlocked everyone yet.

Sigh.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Moogle, can you add my friends code to the list (1203-8892-0008)? As for characters, put me down for Zelda/Luigi/Pokemon Trainer. Muchos gracias.

Yall add me to your lists, so I can try playing some none laggy online matches tonight. Btw, I'm probably gonna come to Tuscaloosa at some point this weekend, so if you want to get together and play, Janitor, or whoever else will be in town, let me know. I'll keep you posted before the end of the week.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I assume that was you Rob that joined in and was playing Lucas/Mario tonight. Good games!
That was me, Will. Good games, indeed. And your taunts are 100% Will. Who was your friend we played with? I can't remember his tag, but he was good. I tried adding him using the option that appears when you're in a room with friends' friends, but I don't think it works unless he completes the handshake.

@T4RN1SH: Good games, man. More to come. I believe the connections have been improving steadily since launch.

I've added quite a few of you guys as well. George, Moogle, Munkus, T4RN1SH, etc. Still need to add you, Sensai and Midguy. Oh, and SaintRage, Majist, Janitor, let's see some codes, man!

Sunday was so nice that I didn't really play the game until evening; such beautiful skateboarding weather. As a result, I'm a bit behind on the character unlocking.

Top Bottom