• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
I got cheesed in the finals of my tourney. I'll be headed to the other one lat today.
same here. dragoons are so busted. it is my fault for allowing my opponent to get all three pieces, i wasn't paying attention, but come on. i was at like 50% and it was instadeath. whoo hoo for moogle winning his tourney. you got to use GCN's you prick!!

i'm so bitter......

eh, back to SSE.

edit: dammit i need to get my wii connected D:

oh and moogle, put my chars down as Ike/Zelda/Marth

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hurray, i just got through unlocking everyone XD.

Also ive added Moogle and Sensai so far and ill be adding others today.

My taunts are as follows:
Camp Much?
ROFL
Lagg
Squadala - ( Reference from the CDI zelda game from when the wizard says "Squadala we are off" from the game "Link and the Faces of Evil" )

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well guys i have to hold off the the friend code for now.
i'm playing my on my friends wii and we can't even get online here, i guess my dorm is out of range for the University's wifi hotspots

is it possible to play two players online?
if so, i can go hit up munkus wii sometime

Majist

Smash Journeyman
so it looks like i either need to get a LAN adapter or a wireless router....

personally, i would like to have a wireless router of my own, but would a LAN adapter provide a better connection, or are they essentially the same?

and if i chose to go the router route (har har), is linksys the best thing out there, or is that another thing that doesn't really matter?

internet in class is fun!;)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@ Sensai - Sorry man for the matches we played, the lagg was just so bad that i really couldnt get used to doing my moves earlier then im supposed to too. That match we played ( Dedede vs. Meta K. ) i lagged out. Were just ganna have to connect to someone from huntsville to reduce the lagg.

And to answer Majists questions. Yes Linksys is a great router along with Dlink, but if i were you i would get the Wired Adapter, better connection is always better. You dont have to buy the name brand either, there's one that sells for 30 or 20$ i belive and its just as good ( hell i use it ). It is a Datel one ( Its written on the bottom of the box ).

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
same here. dragoons are so busted. it is my fault for allowing my opponent to get all three pieces, i wasn't paying attention, but come on. i was at like 50% and it was instadeath. whoo hoo for moogle winning his tourney. you got to use GCN's you prick!!

i'm so bitter......

eh, back to SSE.

edit: dammit i need to get my wii connected D:

oh and moogle, put my chars down as Ike/Zelda/Marth
I saw LAN adapters at the Gamestops and the Circuit City down here. You can try that route.

coach

Smash Apprentice
0731-4443-1056
Profile name is RIDLE

rawr = Me
Fezz = My roommate
RUSS = other roommate
Hey are you the guy who knows tamara? (I didn't have curly hair...). Just talk to Moogle on AIM if you want to play sometime he's around more than me.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Alright forget Lucario and Dedede for me, sorry moogle but just put down ToonLink and ROB in that order. I know there are other characters i havent even tried yet but these will do for now i promise not to change.

Also we sould have some kind of set day or time or something to where all of us can play brawl online, kinda like how you guys have your smash time where everyone comes and visits. I can host matches and i know people in huntsville can too. so we sould trya nd set something up like that.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My Brawl code is 0473 7437 7885.

As of yet, I'm going Wario/Pokèmon Trainer/R.O.B./Game and Watch. We'll see if that changes in the immediate future.

By the way, Reflex is -still- too good.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well im happy to say that i finally got to play in a random match with people, not thats it a huge deal or anything but its something to me cause that tells me that the servers are getting better.

@ Sk8ordie - fun games, you souldve stayed in my room with my friend and played with us. Why did you leave anyway ?

I would really like to get some good practice in too, so anyone who wants to get some matches going please add me.

@ Munkus - Sk8ordie tells me your on quite alot so we sould play some, you can get my brawl code from here but yours isnt on here so im out of luck.

Sensai

Smash Master
It is so laggy...is anyone else getting 85xxxx error codes a lot?

Tarnish: fun 10 minute matches we played, amirite?

Anyways, I'll add Reflex and Midguy when I get on again.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Tarnish, you are a lying son of a *****, my code is right under my wii code

I kid I kid.

No, seriously. It's right there.

j00t

Smash Champion
I added my Brawl Friend code. Everyone seems to of forgotten me. :<

EDIT: Wario/Meta Knight/Sonic for me, please.

EDIT 2: Eh, you got it close enough. :p

EDIT 3:

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Alright alright.... so im lazy and dint feel like moving my eye's around the screen long enough to notice your Brawl code Munkus XD XD. Anyways ive got everyone added and by everyone i mean: Sk8orDie, Sensai, Moogle, Midguy, Rigor Mortis, Munkus Beaver, and JWT2k6. So lets play some guys, im dieing for some practice cause im already registered on Gamebattles X3.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
You ain't seen nothing yet. Lucas' Up smash has RIDICULOUS range and power. I hit someone with it when they were on a platform below me. I mean wow.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
You ain't seen nothing yet. Lucas' Up smash has RIDICULOUS range and power. I hit someone with it when they were on a platform below me. I mean wow.
Yeah, but god bless his little soul if he doesn't hit. I was playing online with a friend last night and he missed with that move. I put my controller down, went to my kitchen, made a ham sandwich, got undressed, put on my jammies, watched half an episode of Dexter, called my girlfried, told her about my day, turned my tv back on and fully charged up a fsmash to punish the little ********** while he was still posing for the camera.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but god bless his little soul if he doesn't hit. I was playing online with a friend last night and he missed with that move. I put my controller down, went to my kitchen, made a ham sandwich, got undressed, put on my jammies, watched half an episode of Dexter, called my girlfried, told her about my day, turned my tv back on and fully charged up a fsmash to punish the little ********** while he was still posing for the camera.
i really need to stop reading hilarity while in class:laugh:

i beat SSE today. took me like 4 or 5 tries to kill the final boss. and so as not to spoil too much, the final boss has an "unavoidable" attack. well i avoided it:grin: once.... it's hard to do. but i did it, yo.

if you want to be spoil'd, read this:
i'm talking about Tabuu's wing attack. to avoid it, you have to watch for the shock waves that come out. there's three of them, and you can avoid them by rolling. make sure you roll towards the center, NOT AWAY from him. obviously, it's easier to do if you're farther away from him. if you're quick enough you could dodge the third wave by air dodging after rolling twice, but i haven't done it.
btw, where are toon link and jigglypuff? i thought toon link was in the Plains, but i went through it three times and couldn't find him.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
btw, where are toon link and jigglypuff? i thought toon link was in the Plains, but i went through it three times and couldn't find him.
I didn't find them in SSE, I actually don't know how I unlocked Jiggs, but he was just there after playing a bit and I got Toon link from beating Classic mode on hard with Zelda (I'm sure you can do it with Link too and I don't know if it HAS to be on hard).

And yeah, that boss was a *****. I wasn't sure if that attack was unavoidable or if I was just doing something really ********. I've vowed never to play SSE again though, so I was content with not figuring it out, lol.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i figured out how to unlock them both in SSE. You can unlock toon link on classic with any character on any difficulty. i'd just prefer to do it on SSE cuz it'd take 10 minutes less. same for jiggs.

so you beat it on hard with Zelda, eh? isn't she just SEXY?!!?!1 if not for Ike, i'd be all about Zelda. i really can't pick between the two.

Sensai

Smash Master
I got Toon Link, but not from the SSE...nor Jigglypuff.

Nor Wolf.

So, I'm down Jiggz and Wolf, maybe someone else...I dunno. 35 characters is a **** ton when you're trying to unlock 'em.

And I've added Midguy, Joot, and Reflex. We should get to playing.

ALSO also: I've fixed my lag problem. Hooray!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just unlocked R.O.B
and wtf
he's like the new sheik
everything seems to combo into each other.

not to mention a back air that sends him forward, and a down air thats sends him upward
he's an edgeguarding machine
pun intendid

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i've beaten classic like 8 times with both Link and Zelda and i still don't have Toon Link.
i'm down toon link, wolf, and jiggs as well.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
i've beaten classic like 8 times with both Link and Zelda and i still don't have Toon Link.
i'm down toon link, wolf, and jiggs as well.
You need to have beaten Emissary and then complete classic with a Zelda character to my knowledge. D:

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Ha! Beat SSE tonight, that **** taboo only took two tries, what a wuss.

EDIT: Oddly enough, I think it was Zelda who got the killing blow and I was playing on hard :embarrass

Midguy

Smash Cadet
ALSO also: I've fixed my lag problem. Hooray!
What did you end up having to do? I'm having lag problems every now and then, but its so erratic that I'm not sure if its actually something on my end or not. When I'm playing with friends, things will be perfect one minute and then crap the next. I'm still not really able to get in random matches, but I think a lot of people have that problem.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
oic @ george. well i'm close to beating it. you guys should try it on 2 players mode too, its fun doing combos on koopa troopas hehh

also guys, i'm thinking of buying a router, so i may be online in a couple of weeks.

lucas is dope
i need to find a reliable approach with him, right now i'm just spamming pk fires lulz.
and he needs a move that attacks both sides. i mean downsmash attacks behind a LITTLE, but not that much. in fact I think upsmash attacks more behind him...its just too slow to use will nilly.

man lucas would be SOOOOO dope is there was djc in this game :-D
but i like the lack of djc for some characters, like it makes Yoshi better and more able to combo.

Top Bottom