• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
God, im sick of Brawl online already. People using Ike and Lucas are so gay and noobish, all the lucas players do is spam "Up-Smash" and "PK fire" and they win its so cheap and just wow. All the Ike players have to do online is wait and do a smash attack and boom easy kill. So **** Brawl online, Nintendo did a horrible job and they know it. Stupid button lagg WTF is that, all there other games dont lagg or anything... why does smash have too :ohwell:.

Sensai

Smash Master
<----plays Metaknight.

Don't believe the lies Rigor. It's a lot like Ali vs Foreman...just wear 'em down and wait for the opening and BAM, left right and down goes the giant.

(I don't like boxing, but that fight [Muhammad Ali v George Foreman] is one of the greatest fights I've ever seen. Prime example of mindgames.)

gadrockgamers

Smash Rookie
Hello!

My name is Jason and I run Gadrock Gamers, a group that hosts meetups and tournaments around Gadsden, AL.

We just had our first meetup yesterday at Collector's Paradise Comics. Was a good turnout but I'd love to double it!

Anywho, the reason I'm posting here is that...

April 12th 2008 @ Coffee Vine Cafe in Rainbow City will be hosting Gadrock Gamers.

The address is 3225 Rainbow Drive #244 Rainbow City, AL. They are located in the corner of Rainbow Plaza...too many rainbows

The general meetup time is 4 pm to 11 pm (-ish) but they are open for business even earlier

We are having two tournaments:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl starts at 7:00 PM

Replays Gameware Rewind Tournament:

Nintendo 64: Goldeneye 007 starts at 5:00 PM

Both are $7 to enter and prizes are TBA.

Sooo check us out and add us @ www.myspace.com/gadrockgamers or call 205-470-9667 to keep in the "know"

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think the best strategy for fighting metaknight its keeping the following in mind:

"hey, this is annoying, but I'VE STILL GOT LIKE 60 MORE PERCENT BEFORE HE CAN KILL ME"

mslano

Smash Journeyman
So, each person on my friend list so far is "Awaiting Registration." You people need to add me already so we can play some laggy online matches.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I've added you. I'm not sure if you both have to be online at once or what. Maybe I should just leave my Wii connected whenever I'm not around.

Sensai

Smash Master
Well, today is the day that I travel back to the mountain...meaning my online playing time is going down. Maybe I won't be playing online at all.

:-/

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Added jwt and sensai to my buddylist

EDIT: I had fun decimating majist tonight with Wolf.

ULTRAKILL

We also determined that Mario is better than Sonic by a fireball.
gah. screw wolf. it didn't help that it was an online game either. online has my mind going in circles. i did so many things i didn't mean to do D: but yeah, you totally wrecked me. you've improved immensely since we played last. let's just say i'm feeling the pressure to keep up! gg's dude.
Will be adding Majist and nice1 tonight. Probably not going to be playing much though...gonna see a movie/get MGS working on my computer.

[Edit:]

Also, that thing about Tabuu's father made me laugh a whole bunch. Thanks Midguy.

[Edit 2:]

Good game Majist. Sorry, I had to run...although it DCed on its own. Weird. Good game regardless. Zelda's scary.
no worries dude. i really didn't play very well, but thanks anyways:) Zelda is too good. i just have to figure her out online. it's a totally different game.
So, each person on my friend list so far is "Awaiting Registration." You people need to add me already so we can play some laggy online matches.
i added you!!

saintrage

Smash Cadet
@Everyone: Ok guys i'll be playing on my friends wii until i can get one of my own so if you see someone named "juicy mcfingerbang" asking to be your friend thats me...lol at least until i get my own wii. i got a nice $300 tax return on the way so I'll be using a little of my extra money, if i can ever find a **** Wii.

I'll have his friend code up later tonight, so i'll see you guys online sometime soon ^^

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Rigor Mortis, thanks for hosting on Saturday; was much fun. I think I left a red water bottle at your house, along with three Paulander hefeweizens in your freezer. I suppose that if those get consumed before I make it out that way again, consider them a gift... but I want that daamn water bottle.

Oh, and good games. We should do more 2v2s and 1v1s next time.

Is it just me, or does NO ONE play Snake? Online I see lots of Marth, Ike, Wolf, Meta, DDD, ZSS, etc., but not so much on the Snake. And T4RN1SH, I hear your words, but haven't had as bad an experience online. Then again, I play Lucas and I do love his up-smash. The lag can be bad, but I think the only time I got truly screwed was while playing against Wolf... as Lucas.

@mslano: I added you, dude. I'll double check your Brawl code just in case.

Oh, and to my fellow hipsters, check out Crystal Castles if you are not already listening to them.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Rob, everyone I play at PA uses snake to some degree. It's madness. Snakes everywhere.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I like Snake. I just wish he had a little more maneuverability.

So yeah, Janitor, from watching your videos, Melee looks so incredibly fast to me, and Brawl's only been out for a week. Playing both games is going to be harder than I thought.

Anyone else win round 2 of the GameStop tournament, or am I alone there? Regionals is in two weeks. I guess I need all the time I can get to be able to do as well as I can with the Wiimote and Nunchuck as I can with the Gamecube controller.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the speed isn't the problem for me. my main problem is going back and forth between l-canceling/not l-canceling and also shield-cancel grab/jump cancel grab

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
And T4RN1SH, I hear your words, but haven't had as bad an experience online. Then again, I play Lucas and I do love his up-smash. The lag can be bad, but I think the only time I got truly screwed was while playing against Wolf... as Lucas.
Yes my words have been heard :p.

Anyways, yea the online is garbage. There's no point in playing in online to try and get better because it wont help. If Nintendo would just put some money down on getting there own servers then it prob would fix alot of the problem... that and the button lagg needs to go. I'll still be playing online off and on but not much anymore cause well.... i see no point.

moogle

Smash Ace
Oh, and to my fellow hipsters, check out Crystal Castles if you are not already listening to them.
This sound is b/a

Anyone else win round 2 of the GameStop tournament, or am I alone there? Regionals is in two weeks. I guess I need all the time I can get to be able to do as well as I can with the Wiimote and Nunchuck as I can with the Gamecube controller.
ooh! memememe

There's no point in playing in online to try and get better because it wont help.
how did I get good at ssb64? :dizzy: trust me, online helps

Danon

Smash Apprentice
HECK YEAH!!!

Sign me Up!

I go to school in GA. but I live in AL. in small town called Lottie, in Baldwin County.

Wii Friend Code
5671-9600-3073-6292
Brawl Code
4768-7102-2312

Add me!

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Congrats to Moog and George on your wins! Make our smash community proud and try not to get hit with exploding capsules and w/e the hell that ****ing thing is where you have to get 3 pieces and then you just pwn the **** out of the other person, that thing pisses me off.

My friend and i were arguing about how the items in brawl are so much lamer than in melee. In Melee they were actually kinda fun to use and not so "Awesome, assist trophy...oh you're dead..PWNed". To much one hit kill crap, just isn't as fun as melee with items.

Sensai

Smash Master
@ Moogle and George: Congrats. Represent the 'bama.

@ mslano: I added you day one...I can't check, though, 'cause...

@ everyone: I won't be online again until I get back home since the Internet connection here is for balls. That sucks.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
true. the only reason i'm even moderately decent (emphasis on moderately) @ 64 is a combination of trying to emulate isai's combos and playing online. :-D

and the same goes for other online games. most halo and gears players played exclusively online before joining the competitive scene.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
various people said:
I've added you.
Cool. Now you people just need to be online the same time I am. I've already played Rob and Joel, but I've only had this game for 3 days, so I'm eager to get more competition.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
that ****ing thing is where you have to get 3 pieces and then you just pwn the **** out of the other person
you mean the dragoon? yeah. f*ck that thing. that's what took me out of the gamestop tourney. arg.

so moogle and george: what was the prize for district?

solitaire and danon: i've added you guys.

will: i'm sorry i haven't answered my phone, but when i call you back 30 seconds after i miss you, YOU SHOULD ANSWER xP

Majist

Smash Journeyman
btw guys, munkus, slim, midguy, sensai, and joot are the only ones from this thread who've added me.

andy, rob..... come on. and everyone else who hasn't done it yet, let's get on it now! chop chop.

@Rigor Mortis: sorry i couldn't make it dude. i'll try next time

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
You may be right on some level's but you'd need a Green or Blue connection so that you can used to everything so that when you go to an offline tournament your not trying to play like you would online. In my Opinion atleast.

[EDIT] - Also i played Olimar in a GB match and did great with him. So if you would put him down as my 2nd and ROB my last XD.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Janitor, we can get together sometime this week and play some Brawl (must suck being without Brawl for a week, lol). The problem is that I'm working long unpredictable hours right now, so I don't know when the best time is, and I'm gonna be tied up this weekend with my gf, so it'll have to be before Friday.

George (or anyone else in Birmingham), do y'all wanna get together and try to do something one night? If so, pick a day that works for y'all. I'd prefer any night other than Wednesday.

BTW, congrats on the win George. However, I will let you know that if we play each other live at some point this week, I'm making you play with nunchuk. My reasons are 2-fold. 1)to make you better so you can properly represent us in a couple of weeks and 2)to make myself feel better by increasing my chances of consistently beating you by forcing you to use a gimped control scheme. Its for the greater good.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
any day works for me. just let me knowww. today even? midguy did you say you live off lakeshore? that's pretty close to me (moutain brook)
naixin (aznseal) hit me up on facebook saying he wanted to play sometime too

hoover area would probably be the best place for a group smashfest because most bham area smashes live in hoover/vestavia

but anytime anyone just hit me up lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
and yes the dragoon is broken. although at my gamestop tournament i dodged one with a roll, and it looked all sweet with the slow motion and everything
but that guy didn't know how to use it. basically you just point, shoot, and get a free kill. he was hesitating to much

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
yosup dudes and dudettes.
SunriseW12, Centre, Weegee. Do what you gotta do.

Also I'm gonna add most all of you, so be merciful and add me too. I dont want to have to play against lvl 9s my whole life.
I will add you after work. Welcome. Sorry to ignore your previous post. Thanks. Same to you. What region of Alabama are you in?

@ Majist: I added you yesterday. I think we both have to be on WFC for the handshake to take place. Maybe?

@ mslano: Are you TREX on Brawl? Luigi, I should've known. Lag wasn't even that bad. I wanted to play more, but I only had time for a few games. Everyone's Brawl name is different from here on the boards, so I can't always tell who's who.

Which reminds me... Who is BROCK and YOU! on Brawl? I added a bunch of people and can't keep track.

Midguy

Smash Cadet
Janitor,
I talked to Alex (Ahrnygoose) and he wants to get together tomorrow around 7:30 or 8 to smash. That works out perfect for me too. Shoot me your number and address and I can pick you up when I leave work tomorrow and we can smash at his dorm on UAB campus.

ahrnygoose

Smash Rookie
hey it's been a while. i haven't been able to get on the forums much at my dorm. in fact, i'm still having trouble. these are messages i'm sending from my friend's house. anyways, i have some various bits of news.

@moogle, add me to the list
main(s): I need one?
brawl friend code: 2492-3835-6779
wii number: posted under my profile

@SK8orDIE
i was reading some older posts trying to catch up, and i noticed that you were asking about a good IM program with voice chat. ever heard of X-Fire? i've got it, and its pretty good. i haven't used it in a while, but i used to use when i played battlefield 2.

@everyone
i'll try to get online whenever i can. that may be at sporadic times though

Top Bottom